Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? (1674 Views)

B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) / GEJ Not Plotting Against APC – Okupe / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Beaf: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Politicians don't like criticism and that's why you won't see jonathan coming here to see comments like this.You can imagine him coming and a critical question is being thrown at him,I guess he won't like to see himself being embarrassed by the likes of Gbawe and oyb .Those guyss are not smiling at all.

If GEJ steps in here, you would be shocked at the miraculous change in behaviour of those that have a herd mentality or worse, a "see me, see me" mentality. grin

houvest:

You underestimate NL. Many big folks visit here. Some are registered and do contribute while others just read and go. I really suspect that folks like GEJ, OBJ, IBB, OUK, Chukwumerije, Reuben Abati and many journalists, politicians,academics and there advisers and proxies do visit here to spy out opinions.

The fact is that they are not registered members of NL; whereas, you would find that Nuhu Ribadu, Reuben Abati, Ben Igbokwe etc are registered members of Nigeria Village Square.
A lot needs to be done for NL's politics section to gain that sort of clout; there's just too much childishness in the place, people with no input simply attack personalities or ethnicities; it can be shameful really. No serious politician would want to get involved in some of the jungle arguments that hold here.

Having said the above, it might take the presence of a heavyweight like GEJ to change the trend here and nurture more political responsible youth.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
if people can attack IBB on his facebook page with their profile and pictures available to him,what will be so special about Jonathan comin to an annoymous forum ? He carry fire for head ? Abeg I don't subscribe to that cuz I've not really seen anybody on NL that I give a shiot about
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Beaf: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if people can attack IBB on his facebook page with their profile and pictures available to him,what will be so special about Jonathan comin to an annoymous forum ? He carry fire for head ? Abeg I don't subscribe to that cuz I've not really seen anybody on NL that I give a shiot about

I'm not talking about the normal everyday NL person, if you notice I mentioned two specific categories; those with a herd mentality or those with a "see me, see me" mentality.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf:

I'm not talking about the normal everyday NL person, if you notice I mentioned two specific categories; those with a herd mentality or those with a "see me, see me" mentality.

These are the same type of people that invaded IBB's page,so why should it bt special for them to speak with jonathan one on one here on NL or are you telling that some people on Jonathan's page don't actually criticize him ?
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Mobinga: 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
GEJ IS ON NAIRALAND!!! HIS USER ID IS [size=2pt]Beaf[/size]
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by 123jml: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2010
Still on waiting,

Mobinga:

GEJ IS ON NAIRALAND!!! HIS USER ID IS [size=2pt]Beaf[/size]
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by chiozor: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2010
i am JEGA. oya what do want to tell me undecided
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by houvest: 2:08am On Oct 15, 2010
How are you so sure that of the 300,000 members of NL( factoring in the incidence of multiple registrations) that they are not registered? Anonymity can cover up a multitude of things. Beside folks like Ajanlekoko, Ibime, Maxsiollun, etc, ( whom I have ran into their names in my researches), that appear with their names, anybody can be anybody. GEJ could be you Beaf/ Faeb, Chukwumerije could be Dede or Onlytruth, Reuben Abati could be Kusamotu or Babapupa or Tsy , Ribadu could be Gadogado,etc
All we can say is that the village sqaure removes the shroud of anonymity while NL permits it so more silly posters might be here but also more responsible ones; all hidden.

Beaf:

If GEJ steps in here, you would be shocked at the miraculous change in behaviour of those that have a herd mentality or worse, a "see me, see me" mentality. grin

T[b]he fact is that they are not registered members of NL[/b]; whereas, you would find that Nuhu Ribadu, Reuben Abati, Ben Igbokwe etc are registered members of Nigeria Village Square.
A lot needs to be done for NL's politics section to gain that sort of clout; there's just too much childishness in the place, people with no input simply attack personalities or ethnicities; it can be shameful really. No serious politician would want to get involved in some of the jungle arguments that hold here.

Having said the above, it might take the presence of a heavyweight like GEJ to change the trend here and nurture more political responsible youth.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by carnal: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2010
someone should leave nairaland.com link on his facebook,remind him that charity begins athome and dat dis happens to b a medium he can as well reach 9ja ppl well both home and abroad
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 15, 2010
Nairaland is a discussion forum. Nairaland can't give him that leverage that facebook can
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Jarus(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2010
I honestly don't see any reason GEJ should be on NL. He doesn't need it. Even those facebook comments, I strongly believe, are managed for him.
This is not to discount NL, but it is unpresidential to have GEJ commenting himself on NL. NVS is more formal, but even at that, it is still unnecesary to have GEJ himself. What then will be the job of his image handlers(Chief Press Secretary, Media adviser, SA on Media, information ministry etc) if he has to himself be on a private public forum like NL or NVS? This is taking closeness to people too far.

That said, I expect his image handlers to have known NL. Whether they have decided to explore it or not is what I don't know, but I have not observed there is a coordinated GEJ PR job here.

One political personality I can bet is using NL in his image laundry is Bukola Saraki. Whether he himself is the one using those guys or his handlers is what I don't know.
Bisola Oni, Kola Yusuf, Bisi Lawal, are few of the many nairalanders(if not same person), I know actively and guidedly doing PR job for Saraki here.

Dele Momodu also knows what's going on here. Prof Pius Adesanmi orf Next & NVS, Dr. Reuben Abati of Guardian, Joseph Adeyeye(Editor, Punch) are other people I know are visitors on NL.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2010
Jarus:

I honestly don't see any reason GEJ should be on NL. He doesn't need it. Even those facebook comments, I strongly believe, are managed for him.
This is not to discount NL, but it is unpresidential to have GEJ commenting himself on NL. NVS is more formal, but even at that, it is still unnecesary to have GEJ himself. What then will be the job of his image handlers(Chief Press Secretary, Media adviser, SA on Media, information ministry etc) if he has to himself be on a private public forum like NL or NVS? This is taking closeness to people too far.

That said, I expect his image handlers to have known NL. Whether they have decided to explore it or not is what I don't know, but I have not observed there is a coordinated GEJ PR job here.

One political personality I can bet is using NL in his image laundry is Bukola Saraki. Whether he himself is the one using those guys or his handlers is what I don't know.
Bisola Oni, Kola Yusuf, Bisi Lawal, are few of the many nairalanders(if not same person), I know actively and guidedly doing PR job for Saraki here.

Dele Momodu also knows what's going on here. Prof Pius Adesanmi orf Next & NVS, Dr. Reuben Abati of Guardian, Joseph Adeyeye(Editor, Punch) are other people I know are visitors on NL.

see dissing cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by egift(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2010
I don't know why our leaders are not promoting indigenous efforts. Well if GEJ don't want Nairaland, can continue at he is very welcome at

Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2010
Jonathan is one of d key problem a true nairalander is up against,he is an agent of irresponsibity and moral decadence that PDP and nigerian political elites represents. His presence here is just as irrelevant as that of boko haram to d rational mind
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by houvest: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2010
Since Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's president, created his profile in June of this year, rarely a day goes by without a fresh update -- which appear to be written by Jonathan himself -- concerning recent news events, government policy and, of course, the coming elections.

It's this direct and personal form of interaction that seems to be endearing the Nigerian president to his country's growing young and web-savvy electorate.
Each new post from Jonathan attracts thousands of comments and some have garnered in excess of 6,000 responses.
"What distinguishes Jonathan from other politicians is that he seems to have genuinely embraced Facebook," explained Jideonwo. "You can consistently hear his voice in the posts and it feels like he is really trying to communicate with the voters -- this is what makes him so popular.

From CNN

Jarus I do not think Jonathan is using proxies on facebook. The views there sound consistently like him

Jarus:

I honestly don't see any reason GEJ should be on NL. He doesn't need it. Even those facebook comments, I strongly believe, are managed for him. This is not to discount NL, but it is unpresidential to have GEJ commenting himself on NL. NVS is more formal, but even at that, it is still unnecesary to have GEJ himself. What then will be the job of his image handlers(Chief Press Secretary, Media adviser, SA on Media, information ministry etc) if he has to himself be on a private public forum like NL or NVS? This is taking closeness to people too far.

Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
Does his presence on facebook make him any different from nigerian political thieves like obasanjo? he's still aiding and abating corruption,still sittin over 16 billion power scam by OBJ,halliburton,siemens,senate and house fleecing of damaged nigeria.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2010
Nigerians are very good at moving on without addressing d past and expect d future to be glorious. Same people,same principles and a different figure head equals to same bullshi-t
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by tck2000(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joseph Kabila Turns Nollywood Addict As Nigerian Films Take The Congo By Storm! / Nigerian Interior Minister Suspended For 'lapses Of Leadership' / Editorial: The Coming Storm From The North! (a Must Read!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.