Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? (1671 Views)

B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) / GEJ Not Plotting Against APC – Okupe / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by 123jml: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2010
I think people blaming GEJ for being on Facebook are missing the point. Most world leaders are now on Facebook or Twitter or both. In fact, CNN recently commended GEJ for having a large friend base on Facebook (more than 280K).

The question should be "Why is GEJ not on Nairaland?". He should practice what he preaches by joining a Nigerian forum instead of a foreign one like Facebook. The same goes for every Nigerian politician on Facebook. If GEJ joins NL, most of those 280K friends will follow him.

More Comments to fallow,
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by LouisThoru(f): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2010
No wonder GEJ is not on NL, who will "fallow" him?
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by HiTek1: 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2010
We should now turn the question to "How do we bring GEJ to Nairaland?".
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by LouisThoru(f): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
You must be in dreamland comparing facebook to nairaland.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Hadone(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
[size=18pt]You cant conclude that GEJ is not on NL. Rather, you should have asked "Is GEJ on Nairaland? Members of this forum does'nt use their real or full names like in facebook, twitter, etc. Therefore, GEJ could likely be on NL and even contributing in one way or the other without people knowing that our president too is a member.[/size]
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by HiTek1: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Had_One,

If GEJ is on NL secretly, that does not count. I'm talking about him appearing as himself with his picture and other details on his profile. That's how he registered on Facebook.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hi_Tek:

@ Had_One,

If GEJ is on NL secretly, that does not count. I'm talking about him appearing as himself with his picture and other details on his profile. That's how he registered on Facebook.
Is your real name Hi_Tek?
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by HiTek1: 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Jabbok,

No, my real name is not Hi_Tek. But if I am the president of Nigeria, I will appear on NL as myself. A lot of people on NL are using their real names. You may have seen the user name "Seun".
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
LouisThoru:

You must be in dreamland comparing facebook to nairaland.

Don't underestimate Nairaland's capability.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by LouisThoru(f): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^^

Thats what i am saying. Nairaland's capability is so enormous that sensible people run away from it.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by houvest: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
GEJ is alive and well on NL. I will not tell you his username. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by onyengbu1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2010
bk.babe97y = Beaf =chosen04  =seun osewa= Obinna alomah=Ileke-IdI

You are the same person. You must be the same person that bomb abuja , and also behind the kidnap. EFCC should arrest you and charge you, you are also the one calling jonathan, obasanjo and others name. You should be in jail by now.

Who knows if its GEJ  grin  grin  grin
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by nex(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nairaland was created about half a decade ago, almost the same time as Facebook. Some years back, I wrote to the owner of Nairaland telling him how he can increase the mailing list of this site by a million annually, but he's done nothing.

Goodluck Jonathan has no business publicly displaying himself on Facebook when he's not on Nairaland. It's such a shame.

An independent country that depends on a foreign kid for its president to communicate with citizens?

The President shouldn't only be on Nairaland, he should ask the administrators to create a special page for him.

I'm really upset with the President's presence of Facebook and neglect for Nairaland, that I have to go on his Facebook fanpage everyday to condemn everything he does there. The man is not patriotic at all, and for the president not to be a patriot, that's very dangerous for any nation.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
nex:

Nairaland was created about half a decade ago, almost the same time as Facebook. Some years back, I wrote to the owner of Nairaland telling him how he can increase the mailing list of this site by a million annually, but he's done nothing.

Goodluck Jonathan has no business publicly displaying himself on Facebook when he's not on Nairaland. It's such a shame.

An independent country that depends on a foreign kid for its president to communicate with citizens?

The President shouldn't only be on Nairaland, he should ask the administrators to create a special page for him.

I'm really upset with the President's presence of Facebook and neglect for Nairaland, that I have to go on his Facebook fanpage everyday to condemn everything he does there. The man is not patriotic at all, and for the president not to be a patriot, that's very dangerous for any nation.

Nigerian leaders are nappy wearing sissies who does not understand the concept of humanity,talkless of leadership,they derive pleasure in being losers.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Beaf: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nairaland does not have the sort of depth and quality that will convince any top politician or leader to join with their real name and photo. It isn't a fault of the members, but more a fault of some of the moderators who can be very partial, vindictive and so narrowminded that they cannot see the incalculable damage they do to the brand. Without this sad state of affairs, Nairaland would have been the biggest beast in social networking on the African landscape.

Nigeria Village Square is too intellectual for most of the younger NL members (and they don't have romance and sexuality sections grin), otherwise it would have left NL in the dust long, long ago. However, the clout the Nigeria Village Square possesses is several leagues ahead of NL; they are very professionally run and can attract top shots for one on one interviews. No top shot would easily consider an NL interview where they might be subjected to tribalistic comments, the occasional idiotic one liner that is irrelevant to the topic and tonnes of foolish statements by a loud few who take pride in ignorance and equate verbal abuse with logic.

In this political season, NL's politics section should have been able to host a few interviews with political bigwigs, rather we have violently foolish topics like "Jonathan Snubs Ojukwu" culled from dubious sources.

This is Nigeria Village Squares Buhari interview;
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/politicians-would-be-the-first-victims-of-sharia-if-properly-implemented-buhari.html
And here's their Ribadu interview;
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/candidate-interviews-2-mallam-nuhu-ribadu-unfiltered-full-text-and-audio.html

Nigeria Village Square also attracts articles from the best writing and social analyctic talent, such as Reno Omokri, Joe Igbokwe, Reuben Abati etc.
Isn't there a clear difference?
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Abagworo(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nigeria Village Square does not represent the youths but people of over 35 years who are lower in population and therefore have less say when it comes to votes.Nairaland is the largest blog in Africa.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Abagworo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nairaland.com's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 1 ,963. It has been online for more than five years, and about 49 % of visits to the site consist of only one pageview (i.e., are bounces). Compared with all internet users, its users are disproportionately African, and they are disproportionately low-income, childless men between the ages of 25 and 35 who have postgraduate educations. The fraction of visits to Nairaland.com referred by search engines is roughly 28 %.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Abagworo(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nigeriavillagesquare.com's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 49 ,381. Approximately 48 % of visits to the site consist of only one pageview (i.e., are bounces). It has been online since 2003. About 18 % of visits to the site are referred by search engines. Nigeriavillagesquare.com's visitors view 2.0 unique pages each day on average.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf:

Nairaland does not have the sort of depth and quality that will convince any top politician or leader to join with their real name and photo. It isn't a fault of the members, but more a fault of some of the moderators who can be very partial, vindictive and so narrowminded that they cannot see the incalculable damage they do to the brand. Without this sad state of affairs, Nairaland would have been the biggest beast in social networking on the African landscape.

Nigeria Village Square is too intellectual for most of the younger NL members (and they don't have romance and sexuality sections grin), otherwise it would have left NL in the dust long, long ago. However, the clout the Nigeria Village Square possesses is several leagues ahead of NL; they are very professionally run and can attract top shots for one on one interviews. No top shot would easily consider an NL interview where they might be subjected to tribalistic comments, the occasional idiotic one liner that is irrelevant to the topic and tonnes of foolish statements by a loud few who take pride in ignorance and equate verbal abuse with logic.

In this political season, NL's politics section should have been able to host a few interviews with political bigwigs, rather we have violently foolish topics like "Jonathan Snubs Ojukwu" culled from dubious sources.

This is Nigeria Village Squares Buhari interview;
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/politicians-would-be-the-first-victims-of-sharia-if-properly-implemented-buhari.html
And here's their Ribadu interview;
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/candidate-interviews-2-mallam-nuhu-ribadu-unfiltered-full-text-and-audio.html

Nigeria Village Square also attracts articles from the best writing and social analyctic talent, such as Reno Omokri, Joe Igbokwe, Reuben Abati etc.
Isn't there a clear difference?

so why don't you go and peddle your dodgy wares over there?
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Skidoc(m): 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^Abi o! cheesy
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by benchwest: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2010
facebook is more gloabal so therefore the rest of nigerian staying overseas could reach the president, i dont thinck nl has done a lot
in therms of publicity about this web.
nl is not popula compared to facebook.
i wonder how many nigerians in nigeria knows about nl,but popularity has the awareness of facebook or twiter.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by chyz(m): 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan was on NL a couple months ago. Seun banned him off of some stoopid shyt! sad
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Beaf: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
Abagworo:

Nigeria Village Square does not represent the youths but people of over 35 years who are lower in population and therefore have less say when it comes to votes.Nairaland is the largest blog in Africa.

Its funny that people over 35 are the most likely to vote, while Worldwide figures show that young adults hardly ever vote; they make a lot of noise, but they will not vote.

Nigeria Village Square is more relevant to politics than NL's politics section will ever be without changes. I can bet you that, before this season is over GEJ would have done an interview there. It is also more likely that Jonathan would be a member of NVS, they've got gravitas and clout as far as online politics goes.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by netotse(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf:

Its funny that people over 35 are the most likely to vote, while Worldwide figures show that young adults hardly ever vote; they make a lot of noise, but they will not vote.

Nigeria Village Square is more relevant to politics than NL's politics section will ever be without changes. I can bet you that, before this season is over GEJ would have done an interview there. It is also more likely that Jonathan would be a member of NVS, they've got gravitas and clout as far as online politics goes.
cool it down with the wild claims. . .joining NVS ke? let him do the interview first now. . .i know there's a podcast with one of his special advisers(the one for strategy, Oronto-Douglas i think ) that sparked a thread where they contributed to put together a document with advice to GEJ though. . .as concerns them interviewing GEJ, i'd say it's still less than 50% certain. . .even though they have a better chance than most.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by JudgeDredd: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
LouisThoru:

^^^^

Thats what i am saying. Nairaland's capability is so enormous that sensible people run away from it.

Where do you belong? Sensible bunch or otherwise?

chyz:

Goodluck Jonathan was on NL a couple months ago. Seun banned him off of some stoopid shyt! sad

U really crazy man. Truth be told, I hardly think GEJ is here even covertly, however he's got numerous apologist on here which is just as good cos he seems to be the best of the rotten lot apiring for the presidency.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2010
Nairaland is too good for filthy and immoral politicians like jonathan.Thieves and traitors like him haue no honour and for one to think that his presence and contributions are relevant,that person must be mistaking evolution to retrogression. Sad.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by chyz(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
redsun:

Nairaland is too good for filthy and immoral politicians like jonathan.Thieves and traitors like him haue no honour and for one to think that his presence and contributions are relevant,that person must be mistaking evolution to retrogression. Sad.

Damn man take it easy u sound like he snatched your bag of candy or sumthin.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
Beaf is representing him already !
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
What could be worse than crimes against humanity that nigerian politicians like jonathan commit everyday.All thier actions are evil against d peeps-sheep
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2010
redsun:

What could be worse than crimes against humanity that nigerian politicians like jonathan commit everyday.All thier actions are evil against d peeps-sheep
Politicians don't like criticism and that's why you won't see jonathan coming here to see comments like this.You can imagine him coming and a critical question is being thrown at him,I guess he won't like to see himself being embarrassed by the likes of Gbawe and oyb  .Those guyss are not smiling at all.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by houvest: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
You underestimate NL. Many big folks visit here. Some are registered and do contribute while others just read and go. I really suspect that folks like GEJ, OBJ, IBB, OUK, Chukwumerije, Reuben Abati and many journalists, politicians,academics and there advisers and proxies do visit here to spy out opinions.
Re: Why Is Gej Not On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2010
houvest:

You underestimate NL. Many big folks visit here. Some are registered and do contribute while others just read and go. [s]I really suspect that folks like GEJ, OBJ, IBB, OUK, Chukwumerije, Reuben Abati and many journalists, politicians,academics[/s] and there advisers and proxies do visit here to spy out opinions.
The fact that they remain annonymous still implies that they are not here.what the poster is saying is that we should have a verified account username of jonathan on nL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oni V Fayemi: Final Judgement Day For Ekiti / Are Ibos Republicans? / The Shocking Story Of Houdegbe Ritualists. Caught With Possession Of A Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.