Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man (84750 Views)

Mike Adenuga Net Worth Hits $7.4 Billion, Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Ultimatezlant: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
deafeyez:

Did you almost half? Well for nigerians na more than half.
I swear bezos na fraud, he and zugerberg are the reasons USA and Europe are trying to break down the big tech companies.

They just believe their customers are their milking machine that works for them or invade their privacy.

Worst is i nor know wetin dem dey use money do, they hardly do big charity or live large
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by vybzkartel: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
I thought that number two belongs to Daniel Akpeyi? embarassed
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by 4ckTOT0: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
princeFAD:
Nothing lasts forever except God's kingdom
shut up. so satan kingdom no dey last forever?
you nigerians commit the worst crimes but scream god the most. if i am god i will stike you with lightening angry

2 Likes

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by 4ckTOT0: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
I swear bezos na fraud, he and zugerberg are the reasons USA and Europe are trying to break down the big tech companies.

They just believe their customers are their milking machine that works for them or invade their privacy.

Worst is i nor know wetin dem dey use money do, they hardly do big charity or live large
i wnder wetin them dey use money do o. very annoying people . especially that facebook bastard
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ugosample:
These are men that have built sustainable wealth

can't say the same for most nigger rich Africans

Apart from say dangote and mptsepe

the others are just rapacious rent seekers undecided

more respect to the rich in the world who got there via value addition

Blacks and Blacl Americans made this guy rich. Check out his products and see the people that use them the most
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Lekanbery: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
Clean Uk used iphone 6s Plus 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 0906853565two
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Ultimatezlant: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
4ckTOT0:
i wnder wetin them dey use money do o. very annoying people . especially that facebook bastard
lol, you don forget bezos wife collected a huge chunk of money after divorce just like that. God nor dey sleep their must be a way to return back.

As for zugerberg he can keep invading people privacy and selling it, e turn dey come
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Soul47(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ugosample:

The wealth being built and flaunted in Nigeria and most of Nigger Africa has no sustainability

How do you explain the wealth where there are no solid industries and companies across the sectors of the Nigerian economy

Excess wealth in a society with near zero productivity, squandering resources in importing the luxuries you enjoy as a "big man"
.black man no get shame really

but I'll sound like a hater
so let me just keep quiet

What you said is 100% facts.

The wealth in this part of the world doesn't last because it's not being sustained, no wonder looting and scam thrives. On my part I was buying into the idea of making money to flaunt it on luxury till I came across your post which included 'sustainable wealth'.

That should be the focus in making wealth; to sustain it to last for generations to come.

I have learnt today. Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by 4ckTOT0: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
lol, you don forget bezos wife collected a huge chunk of money after divorce just like that. God nor dey sleep their must be a way to return back.

As for zugerberg he can keep invading people privacy and selling it, e turn dey come
omo thar woman show am shege. the money automatically put am for forbes list lol

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Sirpaul(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
that's the spirit.... BILL is a giver unlike the others
Ultimatezlant:
Bill Gates is actually the real richest man if you consider the billions he gives through his foundation.

Money no dey freak am unlike bezos the ripper, that dude would collect almost half the price a freelance hustler places on amazon
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by damtan(m): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Bill is no longer after making more and more money after topping the chart for years. He's after the legacy he'll leave behind now. Nevertheless, his money keeps raking in

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by neoG(f): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lol

Get started with wholesale perfume oils and yoni pearls to get rid of any kind of vaginal infection @ 1k

Ultimatezlant:

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by pinkygurl(f): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
TITOPE:

Bill Gates has been unseated as the second richest man in the world, losing the position to Bernard Arnault, the chairman and CEO of LVMH.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that in the latest ranking by Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, Arnault is in second place with Jeff Bezos still retaining the first place.

Arnault and his family are the majority owners of Christian Dior and LVMH, parent of such brands as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Fendi, Moët, Hennessy, Dom Pérignon, and others.

As LVMH’s share price has soared in 2019, so has Arnault’s worth. It now stands at about $107.6 billion, more than $200 million ahead of Gates, Bloomberg estimates.

The report also stated that Gates would had been ranked the richest person, even ahead of Bezos if not for his philanthropic giveaways which gave Arnault more room to climb.

The French entrepreneur entered the luxury industry in 1984, when he bought Boussac, a textile empire in the midst of bankruptcy that owned Dior.

The famed label by then had deteriorated by licensing its name out to companies producing sub-par products.

Arnault set about reviving it, turning it into a vertically integrated company that did its own production, distribution, and marketing.

He went on to buy up other brands, such as Céline, and in 1988 engineered the deal that made him the majority shareholder of LVMH.

Forbes currently ranks Dior as the world’s largest fashion brand based on sales, profits, assets, and market value.

Meanwhile, LVMH on the whole, keeps attracting customers around the world, with China being the latest highly profitable frontier.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/07/bill-gates-loses-worlds-second-richest.html

grin
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by obxddon(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
princeFAD:
Brother Prince!! Jehovah's Witness Sighted
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by UnitedFront: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
Bill Gate might not be the number one philanthropist in the world but he's surely a big donor. I think he decided to do away with the title

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by bjbjbj: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
And I dey here dey make $11k dey claim madam.
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by DaminaboEricOgo(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
TITOPE:

Bill Gates has been unseated as the second richest man in the world, losing the position to Bernard Arnault, the chairman and CEO of LVMH.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that in the latest ranking by Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, Arnault is in second place with Jeff Bezos still retaining the first place.

Arnault and his family are the majority owners of Christian Dior and LVMH, parent of such brands as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Fendi, Moët, Hennessy, Dom Pérignon, and others.

As LVMH’s share price has soared in 2019, so has Arnault’s worth. It now stands at about $107.6 billion, more than $200 million ahead of Gates, Bloomberg estimates.

The report also stated that Gates would had been ranked the richest person, even ahead of Bezos if not for his philanthropic giveaways which gave Arnault more room to climb.

The French entrepreneur entered the luxury industry in 1984, when he bought Boussac, a textile empire in the midst of bankruptcy that owned Dior.

The famed label by then had deteriorated by licensing its name out to companies producing sub-par products.

Arnault set about reviving it, turning it into a vertically integrated company that did its own production, distribution, and marketing.

He went on to buy up other brands, such as Céline, and in 1988 engineered the deal that made him the majority shareholder of LVMH.

Forbes currently ranks Dior as the world’s largest fashion brand based on sales, profits, assets, and market value.

Meanwhile, LVMH on the whole, keeps attracting customers around the world, with China being the latest highly profitable frontier.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/07/bill-gates-loses-worlds-second-richest.html

Where is my own number sef
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by inyenejo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
There's a mistake here, i am the world richest man with a networth of over $300 billion....I'm the President of Inyeco foundations worldwide
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Ugosample(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
Penisinpenisout:

Blacks and Blacl Americans made this guy rich. Check out his products and see the people that use them the most

well maybe

I can't say for sure

But what I can say is that these guys get a lot of customers
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Ziel20: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
Juliet11111:
Thank God I’m still the 4th Richest in the world. They can keep dragging the first 3 positions

Errrhm... U mean the 4th richest in ur compound? wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
ainas247:
wink most of top10 are from the UNITED STATE of AMERICA.
what a country...

If you have a business rank it to Google page 1
fast chat up now
they have the highest number of billionaires in the world.

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by martineverest(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jeff bezos remains world's greediest man
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by martineverest(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
UnitedFront:
Bill Gate might not be the number one philanthropist in the world but he's surely a big donor. I think he decided to do away with the title
who is more philanthropic than him?...he has donated almost 50billion dollars
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by mamatwiny(f): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
tigerclaws:
chaiii billy up your game

but i know you can't be poor like dangote cheesy

Bill is actually richer than them all.
Riches is not how much money you have in bank accounts or assets but how many lives you have affected.

1 Like

Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by dante0147: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
princeFAD:

Heaven and Rarth would change but his words will surely remain the same !
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Antichristus: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
Bernard Arnault is a JEWISH. You all know what I mean? That's why the UK Labour Party is having issues at the moment. Won't say more than that.
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by naijajobx: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by TonaFBI(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
Is that not MOYES? So he didnt finished the money that was given to him to buy players in ManUtd?
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by Juliet11111(f): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ziel20:

Errrhm... U mean the 4th richest in ur compound? wink wink wink
In the world
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by olajizz01(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
His charity is second to the non through out the world,not how far,but how well.

Being rich without helping the poor is meaningless.
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by RichBoy247: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
princeFAD:

Bill Gates' wealth will last forever because he gives a substantial part of his wealth as aids to the children of God who are in needs, definitely, God will not let hin(Bill Gate) fall or fail.
Re: Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man by fairhope: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
The richer gets richer, the poor gets prison. The whole system is rigged against the poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.