Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World (42421 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Elon Musk As World Richest Man / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by BarrElChapo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Elon Musk surpasses Bill Gates to become the world’s second-richest person as Tesla’s market cap inches closer to $500 billion

This is the second time in the history of the Bloomberg Billionaire Index that BillGates has ranked lower than number two.

Gates has held the top position in the billionaire index before being leapfrogged by Amazon’s founder JeffBezos in 2017.

https://twitter.com/BiIndia/status/1331106209689001985?s=19

Elon Musk surpasses Bill Gates to become the world’s second-richest person as Tesla’s market cap inches closer to $500 billion

The billionaire Tesla CEO Elon Musk has now leapfrogged Bill Gates to grab the world’s second-richest ranking.

Musk’s net worth swelled by more than $7.2 billion on November 23, driven by another surge in the Tesla share price.

In January 2020, he ranked 35th, but the tremendous rise in Tesla’s share price has helped him gain ground and surpass other billionaires in the world.

Since the beginning of this year, the members of the Bloomberg Index have collectively gained 23% — or $1.3 trillion.

https://www.businessinsider.in/thelife/personalities/news/elon-musk-surpasses-bill-gates-to-become-the-worlds-second-richest-person-as-teslas-market-cap-inches-closer-to-500-billion/amp_articleshow/79382348.cms?__twitter_impression=true

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by wman(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Tesla shares have been soaring like crazy.

Tesla- Electric Vehicles
SpaceX- Space Travel
The Boring Company Hyperloop- Underground tunnel loop travel. (Over 1000km/hr)
Starlink- Low-cost internet for Africa, developing countries and rural communities.
Neuralink- Connecting the human brain to computers.

Ex founder of PayPal.

Elon Musk. A genius solving real-life problems and getting rewarded for it.

417 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Legalcriminal: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
dogmart:
Hmm. God when?

Be greatful niqqa some people are praying to be the one in your current life.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Gabbriell: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
dogmart:
Hmm. God when?

God has already given you what it takes.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

That Melon (brain) in your head is not just there for decoration.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Zyxzzzz: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
bill gates has been the world richest man from 1997-2017 e no easy , kudos to the rest , won't be surprised if mark overtake him

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by sybersofty(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
cry

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by jojofola: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Money talks.
Money business.

I pray Heaven shines its light on every hardworking person out there.

Work and Believe.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
That this guy and his company are steadily building their market share should get any third world country still dependent on oil very worried. It simply shows the future of green energy is upon us and oil days are ended.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Godpikin4real(f): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Which time my own name go enter their own book and people
Baba God pls pick up and answer my call as I don tire 2 de wait.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by OBTMOS(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Oh money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by bbode1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Good one
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Golan007: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
dogmart:
Hmm. God when?

When what?

5 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by sammysmiles(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Old news....
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Naomila: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Well as long as you have millions or billions in your account u won't care if you're among the first 100 or not

15 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Melison(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Choose ur vanity wisely nothing lasts forever
Be happy with urself and ur progress,do what u love to do and flourish, lastly remember life can change for anybody at any second,it can be good or negative changes so be prepared for anything
Congrats Elon musk

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by bamvik(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lord just make me the 1000th richest man in the world, am okay

10 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Dalil8: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
And he's going to be the richest man on the planet once he's done constructing his city on Mars.

I can't wait to take my first trip to Mars or the Moon.

11 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by babatee90(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Can anyone find my name on the list? I’m behind the middle name
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by bayelsaowei(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
grin....tech is taking over...put dangote in the competitive American environment and watch him nose dive...

18 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by lichocho(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Corona do plenty tins ooo..good Nd bad
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Tillatalk: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Grace, nothing last forever
No forever champion

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by kingxsamz(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Some clowns will come here and say it's grace, when he clearly doesn't believe in a god.
Meanwhile, while Elon Musk is making huge impact in the world, some group of clowns are hell bent on the world ending so that they can fly into the sky and wear white robes all their life.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by marvin906(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
As much as I want to act surprised am not actually even a tiny bit was actually expecting it..
Well congratulations to musk..

But that dude weirdness is on another level..
Something about him creeps me out

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by TriCee: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Money speaks. These ones are just busy competing within themselves who go be richest, me never see better chop today. It's well, we shall overcome.

COVID-19 really boomed up rich men's pockets. Bill gate still dey wait for proceeds from vaccine sales. He go wait tire cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
T
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by kennyflames(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
ok
this guy is just like bitcoin adding value day by day

8 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by ACRI: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bill's been consistent

Involved in lots of charity around the world

Thumbs up � �

10 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Sweetkid: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
The reward for hard work is success. But then the amount of money these billionaires have is stupendously outrageous. Their children up to the 10th and 11th generation cannot finish it. Incredible!

6 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
I'm next in line for a miracle.

6 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by EndyEdesonNews(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
Congrats to him
Re: Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates As The 2nd Richest Man In The World by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
dogmart:
Hmm. God when?
its not your destiny maybe cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / Nigerian Company, Ketron, Acquires Shoprite Stores / Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.