Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah (1205 Views)

INEC Directs Sokoto REC, Dr Nura Ali, To Stay Away From Office / Shiek Nura Khalid: They Were Happy When I Hit Jonathan Hard, Asked Him To Resign / Premium Times Apologises For Misleading Nigerians About Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
DR. NURA ALKALI (a Fulani and a consultant physician at ABU teaching hospital, Nigeria) wrote the following:

How ironic that, today, it is the Fulani who lack leaders to guide them and pursue their interests through legal ways. Please, do’n’t mention “Miyetti Allah”, which is a cattle-breeders’ association. I have never owned a cow in my life, and I don’t intend to, meaning I have no business with Miyetti Allah. (“Mi Yetti Allah” means “I thank God” in Fulfulde. I’m referring to the group here, not the literal meaning).

Miyetti Allah claims to represent the Cattle Fulani who live as nomads. That is their opinion. In my opinion, it is the blind leading the blind. Only the blind will insist on living a 17th century life in 2018. 50 years ago, humans conquered space to land on the moon. Others decoded DNA, which advanced the science of animal breeding to levels never before imagined in history. But we still have people pursuing an impossible nomadic lifestyle to raise cattle.

Please, when you travel from Bauchi to Yola, look on both sides of the road during your journey. All you will see are farmlands up to the horizon. The few vacant spots are the rocky hills around the Gombe-Adamawa border, and between Dindima and Kangere, near Bauchi. Farmers avoid them because plants won’t grow there, meaning cattle too cannot graze. And no doubt, beyond the horizon are villages and more farmlands.

Keep in mind that Adamawa and Bauchi are among Nigeria’s largest states. Toro LGA in Bauchi State (6,932 Sq. Km) is larger than each SE state except Enugu (7,161 Sq. Km). The whole of Ebonyi State (5,533 Sq. Km) – which welcomes the proposed cattle ranches – boasts of only 80% of the land area of Toro LGA. And Ebonyi is now in the news for a deadly fight over farmlands with a community in neighbouring Cross-River State. So, is a cattle ranch more viable in Toro or in Ebonyi?

It is northern states that have land for cattle ranches, which by their nature, have enough grass and water all year round – thus removing the need for a herdsman from Jigawa or Sokoto journeying to Ebonyi and Delta states in the dry season in search of pasture. So, why a cattle ranch in Ebonyi, unless Igbos also want to raise cattle? This is what I’m talking about. Beside being blind, Miyetti Allah also thrives on conflicts.

In any case, Town Fulanis like me are in limbo. “Tabital Pulaaku” is solely about Fulani culture, unlike “Afenifere” and “Eze Ndi Igbo” that champion Yoruba and Igbo causes. For the Fulanis, neither the Sultan of Sokoto (who heads JNI) nor the Lamido of Adamawa (who heads Tabital Pulaaku) is an overall Fulani leader; nor indeed, any group.

Sadly, a group of riff-raffs called Miyetti Allah are now mistaken as Fulani leaders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by laudate: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
I love his write-up. wink But he failed to include solutions on how to stop armed herdsmen from creating conflict and damaging farmlands. sad

Who are those to be held accountable for the incessant farmers-herdsmen conflict, and how can these armed bandits be tracked and stopped whenever they cause mayhem? shocked

Who are their Fulani sponsors and leaders?
Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by Karemarealty288(m): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Buhari's body language encouraged their boldness.

1 Like

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by overall90: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
laudate:
I love his write-up. wink But he failed to include solutions on how to stop armed herdsmen from creating conflict and damaging farmlands. sad

Who are those to be held accountable for the incessant farmers-herdsmen conflict, and how can these armed bandits be tracked and stopped whenever they cause mayhem? shocked

Who are their Fulani sponsors and leaders?

he actually did.

he made it clear that the north have more than enough land and vegetation for the modern way of rearing livestock which is ranching.
this is why education is very important and why it is appalling that some educated people especially southerners are supporting Ruga and some other nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by laudate: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
overall90:

he actually did.

he made it clear that the north have more than enough land and vegetation for the modern way of rearing livestock which is ranching.
this is why education is very important and why it is appalling that some educated people especially southerners are supporting Ruga and some other nonsense.

Please read my post carefully. Where did he provide answers to my questions regarding: "Who are those to be held accountable for the incessant farmers-herdsmen conflict, and how can these armed bandits be tracked and stopped whenever they cause mayhem? shocked

Who are their Fulani sponsors and leaders?"
Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by overall90: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
laudate:

Please read my post carefully. Where did he provide answers to my questions regarding: "Who are those to be held accountable for the incessant farmers-herdsmen conflict, and how can these armed bandits be tracked and stopped whenever they cause mayhem? shocked

Who are their Fulani sponsors and leaders?"

in your first post,you said armed herdsmen.
now you are saying armed bandits which is not the same as armed herdsmen.
first of all what is happening now is not herders-farmers conflict.we know herders-farmers clash when we see one.you attack small agrarian villages and hamlets in the dead of the night and you call it herders-farmers conflict.no,it is not.
on the first,ranching is the answer whether armed or not.
armed bandits are terrorists and should be treated as such.
fulani sponsors?? he has told you that miyetti Allah,besides being blind (ignorant) also thrives on conflict.this is a fulani man talking.what else do you want to hear?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by lastmessenger: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Buhari,miyetti Allah and all their supporters are blind illiterate who lack the capacity to make accurate judgement on things.
Does it make sense to even think of talking about Ruga and then you include southern states?

1 Like

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by laudate: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
overall90:
in your first post,you said armed herdsmen.
now you are saying armed bandits which is not the same as armed herdsmen.
first of all what is happening now is not herders-farmers conflict.we know herders-farmers clash when we see one.you attack small agrarian villages and hamlets in the dead of the night and you call it herders-farmers conflict.no,it is not.
on the first,ranching is the answer whether armed or not.
armed bandits are terrorists and should be treated as such.
fulani sponsors?? he has told you that miyetti Allah,besides being blind (ignorant) also thrives on conflict.this is a fulani man talking.
what else do you want to hear?

You are not making sense. sad I used armed herdsmen and armed bandits interchangeably. Why? The armed herdsmen have carried out acts of banditry across many communities, in the country. sad It may not be as widespread as it was before, but it has taken place. Fact.

Secondly, armed herdsmen-farmers clash which took place in the recent past, took many lives with it, and many communities have not yet recovered from such clashes. Unless you want to tell us that you are not aware that such clashes ever took place in Nigeria. undecided

I have never said that ranching is not the answer, so do not put words in my mouth, or try to put a wrong spin, on my responses. Please go back and read my posts, with an open mind.

What I want to hear, has been spelt out in my previous post. If the man has any further suggestions pertaining to the points or questions I raised earlier, it would be good to hear them. undecided

I fail to see why you are getting worked up about the questions I asked, and also trying to create unnecessary friction, where there is none. shocked

I did not castigate Dr. Alkali. I was not rude to him, neither did I denigrate his person. This is a public board, where people are free to ask questions. I do not know why my own questions offend you so much.

Now kindly get off my mentions, and refrain from quoting me again, as I do not have the patience to address your inanities. angry
Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by overall90: 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
laudate:

You are not making sense. sad I used armed herdsmen and armed bandits interchangeably. Why? The armed herdsmen have carried out acts of banditry across many communities, in the country. sad It may not be as widespread as it was before, but it has taken place. Fact.

Secondly, armed herdsmen-farmers clash which took place in the recent past, took many lives with it, and many communities have not yet recovered from such clashes. Unless you want to tell us that you are not aware that such clashes ever took place in Nigeria. undecided

I have never said that ranching is not the answer, so do not put words in my mouth, or try to put a wrong spin, on my responses. Please go back and read my posts, with an open mind.

What I want to hear, has been spelt out in my previous post. If the man has any further suggestions pertaining to the points or questions I raised earlier, it would be good to hear them. undecided

I fail to see why you are getting worked up about the questions I asked, and also trying to create unnecessary friction, where there is none. shocked

I did not castigate Dr. Alkali. I was not rude to him, neither did I denigrate his person. This is a public board, where people are free to ask questions. I do not know why my own questions offend you so much.

Now kindly get off my mentions, and refrain from quoting me again, as I do not have the patience to address your inanities. angry

look at this idiot.
i thought i was engaging a reasonable human.
who is getting worked up.imagine you accusing me of the very offense you are guity of.where in my write up where you accused of castigating anybody.i don't have the time to start educating you.
the activities of armed herdsmen has been mainly in the middle belt and the south where as armed bandits has operated mainly around zmafara,katsina and sokoto.do you get that.
and why would he have further suggestions ?have you tried ranching and it didn't work.

1 Like

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wow, awesome. Pls tell other fulanis. God bless your soul.
Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by RZArecta2(m): 4:35am On Jul 20, 2019
overall90:

look at this idiot.
who is getting worked up.imagine you accusing me of the very offense you are guity of.where in my write up where you accused of castigating anybody.i don't have the time to start educating you.
the activities of armed herdsmen has been mainly in the middle belt and the south where as armed bandits has operated mainly around zmafara,katsina and sokoto.do you get that.
and why would he have further suggestions ?have you tried ranching and it didn't work.
leave that guy, by their antics you shall know the kind of person they are (ie BMC zombies etc) they’re the ones who want to force the dangerous ruga narrative down the throats of southerners while using white paint to blur the atrocities of the Fulani Herdsmen terrorists by calling perpetrators of their heinous crimes “bandits” ( which in fact is an FG coined term to news agencies do as to absolve the Fulani of their crimes). Go into large swathes of the middle belt today, indigent communities attacked by the Fulani have been given Fulani names and settled by the marauders. There’s a document I’m trying to verify it’s authenticity but I’ll share with you, Nigeria is in trouble but it’s not one which we cannot avoid. We must say no to ruga in whatever format they try to bring it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by laudate: 1:46am On Jul 21, 2019
overall90:
look at this overall90 idiot.

Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by leofab(f): 2:58am On Jul 21, 2019
Courageous
Re: DR. NURA ALKALI Wrote About Miyetti-allah by tungamaje: 4:08am On Jul 21, 2019
RZArecta2:
leave that guy, by their antics you shall know the kind of person they are (ie BMC zombies etc) they’re the ones who want to force the dangerous ruga narrative down the throats of southerners while using white paint to blur the atrocities of the Fulani Herdsmen terrorists by calling perpetrators of their heinous crimes “bandits” ( which in fact is an FG coined term to news agencies do as to absolve the Fulani of their crimes). Go into large swathes of the middle belt today, indigent communities attacked by the Fulani have been given Fulani names and settled by the marauders. There’s a document I’m trying to verify it’s authenticity but I’ll share with you, Nigeria is in trouble but it’s not one which we cannot avoid. We must say no to ruga in whatever format they try to bring it.

This your document if authentic, hm there is fire on the mountain. Because someone wanted to become the governor of his state, he was ready to sacrifice his people and agreed to such conditions. Anyway, please first verify

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Sowore’s Arrest: Buhari’s Govt Behaving Like Abacha’s – Soyinka / See What This Politician Did To His Community Demanding Money / CAN Raises Alarm, Calls Out El-rufai Over Notice To Demolish Church In Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.