Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG (30973 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by spora(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2007
When the christendom was gradually forgetting the disastrous effect of the death of Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, the carismatic and flamboyant tele-evangelist, it was hit by yet another blow with the death of another general in the God's army: Pastor Eskor Mfon, The Provincial Pastor of RCCG Lagos Province 4 and Pastor of RCCG City of David, VI, Lagos.

It was with a hugh shock I received this bad news.

In RCCG, he was a father to many, a mentor per excellence and a Field Marshal in the God's Army. He will particularly be remebered by his achievements in transforming City of David from nothingness to the level it is today.

Perhaps you have not come across Pastor Mfon before, chances are that you have watched HEAVEN'S GATE, the soap opera running on STV every Sunday evening. That programme is being produced by Zik Zulu Okafor of Zulu Films as commissioned by Pastor Eskor Mfon.

The opera stars great actors like Alex Usifo, Enebeli Elebuwa, Joe Layode, Tosan Edremoda Ugbeye, Fred Amata, Lari Williams, Rita Dominic, Monalisa Chinda, France Brown, Ndidi Obi, among others.

According to Zik Zulu Okafor, the writer and producer of the soap, "The idea of Heavensgate arose at the instance of Pastor Eskor Mfon who asked a fellow shepherd, my pastor, Pastor Femi Obawaya to help look for a good hand to do a Christian soap opera to put on TV for viewers. And my pastor took me to him and we discussed and he told me the kind of thing he wanted. He does not want a soap opera that will talk about God, God, God, God. He wanted something that people would enjoy and there will also be messages. After our discussions, it took me about two weeks to develop the story which I think God gave me, because there was no way I could have put that story together if it was not inspired of God. Something woke me up about 2:00am in the morning and at that point, something told me 'I think you are trying to develop a story for a soap opera? Why don't you use the serenity of the night offers. So, I started writing. And by the time I became conscious of myself, it was already 6:00am in the morning and I found out that the whole story that I wanted to write has come. So I went to show the man (Pastor Eskor Mfon) and he like the story and told me to go ahead that he wants to shoot it. I made my budget and we went to locations. That's how it started. So the idea of doing a Christian soap opera was Pastor Eskor's."

Heavensgate, the result of the meeting is a unique Christian television soap opera, but that makes use of secular materials in the propagation of the gospel.

This is a loss too many.

Our consolation is in the fact that Pastor Mfon is going home to rest with the Lord after a job well done. He has fought a good fight and his reward is waiting for him. He came, he saw and he conquered.

Death, where is thy sting?

Adieu! Adieu!! Adieu!!! Our dear beloved Pastor Mfon

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by gbemiel(f): 5:38pm On May 11, 2007
hmm i was sooo numb when i heard,he is indeed a MOG and his memeory will live on forever. the whole apapa family will definately feel the loss but what can i say? God knows all. i think the burial is on monday. cry

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by ChiefS(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2007
I'm really shocked to hear that.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by dennylove(m): 8:19pm On May 15, 2007
i still can't believe is dead,  cryi must tell u that am a member of the city of david parish,where pastor eskor was our spiritual father,today we went to bury him at ikoyi cemetry,as soon as i saw his body i can't help but broke down and cry. cry
PASTOR ESKOR, YOUR INQUATIFIABLE LOVE TO US YOUR CHILDREN WILL LIVE FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION. WE LOVE PASTOR cryMAY YOR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by LondonCool(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2007
May His gentle Soul rest in Perfect Peace. I knew Pastor Eskor when he was the assistant Pastor to Pastor Tony Rapu at the Apapa Parish of RCCG in 1994. His death is a very big shock to me. We shall all meet in the Ressurection !!

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by omoge25(f): 1:08am On May 16, 2007
That is quite sad news, I didnt have the pleasure of hearing one of his sermons or seeing the heavens gate operas but as a member of RCCG NA, its sad to hear one of our fathers in the lord as passed. God bless his family.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by virtuereal(f): 8:24am On May 16, 2007
this is so sad cry.very sad cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Razorr(f): 8:27am On May 16, 2007
shocked   shocked   shocked   shocked

Pastor Eskor is dead?  shocked

I'm just hearing this and I'm so shocked!  shocked

I saw him last in december when I attended City of David.  cry

He was such a great Pastor that I will never forget.  cry

May god bless his gentle soul.  cry   cry
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Darealaby: 8:58am On May 16, 2007
Just like everyone who has had an encounter with Pastor Eskor, I was shocked to hear of his death.
I wish his immediate family and the RCCG family the fortitude to bear the great loss.
May his gentle soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Ronke2811(f): 9:33am On May 16, 2007
i have never heard of him before, but i know he has fought the good fight of faith, and surely a glorious crown awaits him.
my condolence to all RCCG Members.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Soundmind(m): 10:21am On May 16, 2007
May His Soul rest In Peace in the bossom of our Heavenly Father

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by freelance(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2007
May His gentle soul rest in Perfect Peace. cry cry

I really feel sad about his death

I have attended some of his services and loved his sermon embarassed cry

No doubt, he was a Man of God. I really loved the man and admired his way of life,style and the way he preaches.May God grant his family and RCCG, the strength to bear this huge loss.

Goodnite Pastor Eskon Mfor, We love you but God loves you more.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by chinnys(f): 10:54am On May 16, 2007
My sincere condolence to every member of RCCG and also the immediate family.
My prayer is that God will give us all the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

But i want us to draw a lesson from this-
Naked we came into this world, Naked we shall return !
Death is just an inevitable end !
We need to punder on this

Adieu! Pastor Eskor Mfon
Rest in the bossom of our God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Pamperme: 11:21am On May 16, 2007
Sad, that we lost a rare gem sad
Happy because he is with the Lord cheesy

May his soul through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by angel101(f): 11:30am On May 16, 2007
I will surely miss pastor Eskor. I havent enjoyed any sermon as i have enjoyed his. very honest, simplistic, and straight to the point. He was also such a humble man. I was sooo shocked to hear of his death i was hoping he will get well and return to church. God knows best anyway. May God grant him eternal peace.

@topic
thanks for giving us the opportunity to pay our last respect.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by jjuummaaii(f): 11:37am On May 16, 2007
i'm deeply sorry bout this, may God console his family and the whole RCCG community
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by larypet: 1:11pm On May 16, 2007
Only God no why he has to call them back to him
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by chrysler(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2007
Although i neva had d opportunity to meet this great Man of God, I have a strong believe that he is already at the bossom of God resting, May his gentle soul rest in the bossom of almighty Father. Amen
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by TayoD(m): 1:17pm On May 16, 2007
@topic,

Precious in the sight of the Lord, is the death of His Saints. Psalm 116:15
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by femland: 4:11pm On May 16, 2007
as a member of redeem is really painful that i dont him but heard of his good works, we love you but god loves you most. rest in the bossom of the Lord. The lord will eirich your family and make them strong in jesus.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by justkunmi(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2007
PASTOR ESKOR!!!

i'm one of the people blessed by his teachings. I'm a member of the Soverign Army founded by City od David and Pastor Eskor has really been influential to the growth.
He is so humble, so gentle, so easy going. . . .

may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Kaliyat(f): 4:55pm On May 16, 2007
I am hearing of him for the first time too. I believe with all the comments that he was a true man of God and I believe that he is now resting with the Lord.

May the good Lord grant him eternal rest in His bossom and my warmest condolence go to his family and the entire members of RCCG.

ADIEU PASTOR ESKOR MFON!!! cry cry cry cry
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 16, 2007
May God comfort his family and loved ones.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by hisking: 11:00pm On May 16, 2007
didn't really get to meet him personally but u feel his greatness by the lives he touched. his death only reaffirms the need for us to make our lives worthy of His calling. i salute him even at death for haven a good testimony among men. may his soul rest in the bossom of his Maker.

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by Ambber(f): 9:52am On May 17, 2007
I was so shocked to learn of his death as well, I knew he inspired the heaven's gate story. All I can say is that Like Pastor Bimbo (She was a great blessing to my life!) Pastor Eskor has fought a good fight and he has kept the faith. It is never about how long but how well. May the spirit of God help us who are left behind to appreciate and consider urgently the things that really matter in Life. The kings business requires haste,

May the Lord help us as only he knows our future

ambber
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by kachiface(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2007
My heart goes out to his family and all the members of RCCG.

When is his burial? I would like to know
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by lolaped: 10:50am On May 17, 2007
The man Pastor eskor was a great man when he was alive n even greater in death. I am still waiting for someone who had an encounter with him and wasnt touched.He was my pastor , a father and he was indeed a blessing to us at the city of david. he touched so many lives and made an impact wherever he went. My heart grieves so much but i know that he is in a place where he can continue to do what he loved doing - worshipping God. he loved God so much and was a true and practical christian. My only consolation is that he is resting in heaven and we will meet on the last day to part no more. He fought a good fight n finished well and i am so proud of him. Adieu pastor n enjoy your fathers house
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by nigeria1: 11:29am On May 17, 2007
I am shock, Pastor Eskor mfom was my pastor in Nigeria at freedom hall. I have knew him for many years now, He is wonderful man, He fear God, what happen to him please, He is still young to die, we were all together in freedom all under pastor tony Rapu,
When would he be buried,
Life is short, may his soul rest in prefect peace,
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by sexyella: 12:02pm On May 17, 2007
May his soul rest in the bossom of the good Lord Amen.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by TellyB(m): 1:43pm On May 17, 2007
@topic,

I don't know Pastor Eskor personally; but may his soul rest in the Lord's peace, and grace to his family.

Could anyone share a hint of how he passed into glory?
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by yinkfad(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2007
Anyway it is a pity that we lost someone like this man of God in R.C.C.G and at the same time in everything we should give thanks ok

but my people we lost this man and we are lamenting but let sit down and think of ourselves
and asked ourselves this question that if it is you or I  WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY ABOUT IT?

so let sit and change our bad attitide that people used to complain about may the good God help us.

Adiu to our dearest pastor

sleep well in the bossom of our LOrd Jesus Christ till we meet to part no more.
Re: The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG by nigeria1: 3:33am On May 18, 2007
For those who did not know  Pastor Eskor Mfon. Hear is my memory of Pastor Eskor Mfon. He was a good man,  He was the asst to pastor Tony Rapu in a church called the freedom hall,  which many redemeed christain church all over the world directly originated from ,   including all Jesus house abroad.

Pastor Eskor Mfon was an old times christain. You know christain like in the days of Paul and  silas,  He was the rigid one among the pastor,  He keep everybody in line,  Sometime Pastor Eskor Mfon would ask those who did not read their bible to stand up,  you can guess they would less than 50 people did in a church of nearly over 2000, or more,

He sometime ask church work to give cloth to women who are coming to the church for the first time or any woman with mini skirt cloth to cover,  He was  rigid to the core christian,

One of his famour preaching include a series in 1995 about the parable of the sower. Pastor Eskor Mfon was able to run the bible verses with different meaning. With inside that can only come from God,

One thing, anyone who was at freedom with remember Pastor Eskor Mfon for is the way he pull and touch is belt while preaching,  Please check old tape to confirm what I am saying,

Pastor Eskor Mfon lead the now famour church in VI,  I had travel abroad by then so I really do not know much about the new church the house of David or what ever, 

At a point in the life of the redemeed christain  church  of God,  many years ago in the early 90's RCCG had model churchs,  the most famour of them was called Apapa parish , which I am proud to have been one of the member, with over 50 church underthis parish lead by Pastor Tony Rapu and asst by Pastor Eskor Mfon. When Pastor Tony Rapu was posted to run the redemeed abroad ,  Pastor Eskor Mfon I believe became the head of this power group, 

Some serving minister , and have served minister  in Nigeria govt were  of the famour freedom hall and apapa parish,   Including dep governor , SSG of a particular state,

Pastor Tony Rapu had the gift of worship , I would remember Pastor Eskor Mfon for his word of wisdom and the ability to share the word of God in a way or from a point of view no other man on earth have ever shared it.

Was God with Pastor Eskor Mfon, here is a story i remember very well,  many years back, someone came to church to steal people things. A week before this person was caught Pastor Eskor Mfon really said this time next week God would arrest the person and he or she would be caught,  Look like joke,  She came back to steal and was caught.

I would miss my pastor , Pastor Eskor Mfon,  Join NigeriaONE.com as we celebrate the life of Pastor Eskor Mfon with many of his preaching tape that I have on Naija Radio this week,  God bless you,

NigeriaONE.com

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lords Chosen Members Carrying Out Evangelism In Woolwich, UK (Photo, Video) / Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Primate Ayodele And His Failed 2015 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.