Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf (22037 Views)

Three Sailors Dead After Houthis Strike Ship In Gulf Of Aden, US Says (Photos) / Iran Seizes Oil Tanker In Gulf Of Oman / South Africa - Starving Rioters Say They Are On Verge Of Eating Each Other(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by ponziponzi(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
Chrisbeks:

US military capability has developed a thousand times better than it was during the Viet nam war. Don't compare those times to now. And what did you expect US to do to Iran for bringing down a drone? Bomb them? It was just a drone. If the Iranian so much believe in themselves, let them bring down one US manned aircraft or fire on the numerous US warships that are in the Persian gulf and see if they are not reduced to rubble. They won't try it though, they know the consequences of that

Let US manned drone fly into the Iranian airspace, that’s the only way to know the answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by adekoonlay(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
Chrisbeks:

You can imagine the nonsense coming from so called "educated" people on this forum. I am really shocked at the level of ignorance of Nigerians, some times to come Nairaland dey tire me. This is just the same thing they were saying about how powerful Saddam and Gaddafi were until reality dawned on them when the real showdown began
Sadam n Gaddafi were toppled from within, Iraqi army didn't even fight cos USA CIA already bribed all d generals, they just went home to their families like there was no war n Gaddafi citizen rose against him so it wasn't really a war. they're trying d same with the sanctions hoping d citizens will turn again d Iranian regime but the regime is already Democratic so no lie way USA won lie to force d citizens to rise n turn d army against the government.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Horus(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdfgOFAbAc

Iran guards post video of troops rappelling onto the British oil tanker Stena Impero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Chrisbeks: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
ponziponzi:

Let US manned drone fly into the Iranian airspace, that’s the only way to know the answer.
They've been flying into Iranian airspace for long and Iran didn't do shiit! Go and check the news on the day the iraniand brought down the us drone, the Iranians confirmed that there was another US manned aircraft in their air space but they didn't attack it.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdfgOFAbAc

Iran guards post video of troops rappelling onto the British oil tanker Stena Impero

shocked
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Laurene: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
ponziponzi:

Why did they go there in the first place, if it was not their war? They actually RAN away when they realised they could never win the war.
you have not of allies? they help each other in times of tribulation. the US withdrew their foot soldiers due to the pressure from home owing to the war was not theirs. instead they used airstrikes on them and were actually inflicting serious injury on them until an agreement was reached. go and read well the US involvement in the Vietnam war. so are you telling me that Vietnam would have defeated the US if the war was directly against the US? So they didn't RAN away, they only used diplomacy.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by kinibigdeal(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
grandlexuz:

Israel still lives on the glory of the Arab spring of several decades ago. The Hezbollah war was enough to tell them things have changed. Folks like you support Israel for every evil on the basis of being God's children. On another post a nairalander was cursing Africans for enslaving God's children during the days of Moses. Forgetting God's children killed God's son.

I don't talk too much. Let Iran isreal
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
imam07:
I can never be a Muslim. U are one of the stupid yoruba muslim I have met on nairaland. No how no how, an average yoruba muslims behave and talk like an extrimist.
Why you dey claim Muslim before? You trashy comments sold you out. Na you first start to dey attack people that have different views from you because you perceived they are supporting Iran because they're Muslims. Small boy, don't quote me again o.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by ponziponzi(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Laurene:
you have not of allies? they help each other in times of tribulation. the US withdrew their foot soldiers due to the pressure from home owing to the war was not theirs. instead they used airstrikes on them and were actually inflicting serious injury on them until an agreement was reached. go and read well the US involvement in the Vietnam war. so are you telling me that Vietnam would have defeated the US if the war was directly against the US? So they didn't RAN away, they only used diplomacy.

I don’t understand what history book you are reading. The US was directly involve in the war for about 8 years. Close to 60,000 US military men died in the war and more than 350,000 US soldiers were injured. More US soldiers died in Vietnam war than the whole casualties of Bokoharam (including Boko haram insurgents, all civilians, all soldiers (Nigeriens, Nigerians, Cameroonians etc), and other nationalities put together). How much more can you be involved.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Alkanoicacid(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
imam07:
I can never be a Muslim. U are one of the stupid yoruba muslim I have met on nairaland. No how no how, an average yoruba muslims behave and talk like an extrimist.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by ponziponzi(m): 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2019
Chrisbeks:

They've been flying into Iranian airspace for long and Iran didn't do shiit! Go and check the news on the day the iraniand brought down the us drone, the Iranians confirmed that there was another US manned aircraft in their air space but they didn't attack it.

This was why it wasn’t shot down:

The air commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Brigadier Gen Amir Ali Hajizadeh, said that the US was warned twice about the infringement, the last time at 3.55am.
“When it did not redirect its route and continued flying toward and into our territory, we had to shoot it at 4.05am,” the general told the Iranian state broadcaster. “Our national security is a red line.”

The IRGC claims there was a second US aircraft in the same area of sky in the early hours of Thursday morning, a P-8 spy plane, with 35 people onboard, shadowing the Global Hawk. The Iranians say they refrained from shooting the P8 after it heeded warnings and moved away from the Iranian coast. The US has not commented on that claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/21/iran-latest-trump-drone-attack-timeline-airstrikes-called-off

1 Like

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by imam07: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
Alkanoicacid:
Why you dey claim Muslim before? You trashy comments sold you out. Na you first start to dey attack people that have different views from you because you perceived they are supporting Iran because they're Muslims. Small boy, don't quote me again o.
You are an idiot. Who is claiming Muslim. Go and check all my post and see for yourself if I hv bn claiming to be a Muslim. Apostle Suleman is also claiming to be a Muslim abi. You better stop drinking to much of Gari because i see its affecting your eyes.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by adekoonlay(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2019
Chrisbeks:

They didn't attack it because they were warned to back off from Iranian territory and they respected themselves n left.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Laurene: 1:10am On Jul 21, 2019
ponziponzi:

I don’t understand what history book you are reading. The US was directly involve in the war for about 8 years. Close to 60,000 US military men died in the war and more than 350,000 US soldiers were injured. More US soldiers died in Vietnam war than the whole casualties of Bokoharam (including Boko haram insurgents, all civilians, all soldiers (Nigeriens, Nigerians, Cameroonians etc), and other nationalities put together). How much more can you be involved.
now comprehension is your problem. Even if America was involved, the war was not theirs. It was due to bad decisions by the then president of which he paid dearly for. Pressure from home was high he had to withdraw the foot soldiers. Same scenario played out in Mogadishu when the US wanted to capture Mohammed Farrah aidid, go and watch black hawk down.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by ponziponzi(m): 3:31am On Jul 21, 2019
Laurene:
now comprehension is your problem. Even if America was involved, the war was not theirs. It was due to bad decisions by the then president of which he paid dearly for. Pressure from home was high he had to withdraw the foot soldiers. Same scenario played out in Mogadishu when the US wanted to capture Mohammed Farrah aidid, go and watch black hawk down.

slowpoke, aside the US civil war, which of the wars is America’s and which is not made in bad decisions?

BTW how did this change the fact that the US list the Vietnam war?
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Laurene: 8:58am On Jul 21, 2019
ponziponzi:

slowpoke, aside the US civil war, which of the wars is America’s and which is not made in bad decisions?

BTW how did this change the fact that the US list the Vietnam war?
Now I understand you are daft. the US fought the war by proxy, the war was not directly on their soldiers. the US only assisted with arms food and foot soldiers. So you are telling me that if the war was America's that they would have withdrew their foot soldiers?
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Generalyemi(m): 9:11am On Jul 24, 2019
Mikora:

You that is upgraded, can you please tell me who the current prime minister of Britain is? I will be waiting for you answer and if you don't answer it then you must be a fool to be quoting me to say this rubbish

Boris Johnson.....

read up
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Mikora: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Generalyemi:

Boris Johnson.....

read up
Abeg no make me laugh, the Boris Johnson that was just elected yesterday and will be sworn in today? You think you can pull a fast one on me? Who was the prime minister as at the time I asked you that question?
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Akathriel:
The "Belligerent Bastard Children of Yahweh in Tel Aviv" have issued instructions to their "stooge goys" in Washington and London to start another kosher war.

These whores always do as they’re told by their Zionist masters in Tel Aviv. They have been escalating step by step as instructed leading inevitably towards war.

Economic strangulation is an act of war.

Seizing the Iranian tanker off Gibraltar is an act of war.

Encroaching on Iranian Airspace with your useless "Stealthy Drone" is an act of war.

Conducting cyber warfare against Iran is an act of war.

Sponsoring MEK terror against Iran is an act of war.

Not that they have been particularly coy or surreptitious about this. There have been threats to “obliterate” Iran both from Tel Aviv and the Jewnited Snakes of Amerika virtually on a daily basis for the past 20 years.

Trying to pretend otherwise or spout hot air about “diplomacy” or “restraint” is an exercise in futility. You don’t wait for a rattlesnake to strike.

It’s not a question of if there will be a war, the war has already begun. It actually began quite a while ago. That’s the reality of it.

Ever since General Wesley Clark (Retired 4-Star US Army General & Supreme Allied Commander of NATO) revealed the plan to take out 7 Countries in the Middle East & North Afrika beginning with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & ending with Iran, the war-mongering bastards have been cooking up series of false-flag just to justify the invasion of Iran like they did to Iraq.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globalresearch.ca/we-re-going-to-take-out-7-countries-in-5-years-iraq-syria-lebanon-libya-somalia-sudan-iran/5166/amp

In 2007, Dick Cheney, Amerikan Vice President in the Bush Administration, wanted to "stage" an attack on an Amerikan warship - using Amerikan personnel dressed as Iranians in small vessels resembling Iranian patrol boats - to justify a war with Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMLFlOqt2nk

Guess what? grin They did it in 2019 by attacking two "Japanese Tankers" in the Iranian Strait of Hormuz while the Japanese PM was in Tehran having a coffee with the Iranian leadership. grin

And when the Amerikan bastards saw that the entire world did not buy the false-flag, they activated "Plan B" - Flying a completely "Useless Drone" in Stealth Mode to encroach on Iranian Airspace - and the $220 Million flying coffin was shot down by an outdated Air Defense System. grin

If not that Trump and his fellow perfumed-military Generals are bereft of a fully functioning human brains, why would Iran decide to attack two “Japan-related” tankers while the Japanese head of state is in their country? grin

One thing is certain; This war that is itching Amerika in her belly, is coming - and will be very expensive in body bags going back to Amerikan cities, ships and aircraft littering the sea bed and land, all around the Gulf and up to the Mediterranean and Caspian - leading to the eventual collapse of the United Snakes of Amerikan. grin

I trust the EU and some other Amerikan "eye-service" allies to declare neutrality when the bombs start flying. grin

The Arab tribes of Iraq, from 2003 onwards gave the Amerikan occupation forces in Iraq hell. 14 out of the total 16 battalions of the Amerikan military were effectively bogged down with no end in sight.

They were chasing insurgents who chose where and when to hit, armored columns were shredded by daisy chained IED’s and the children of Saddam Hussein (Iraqi snipers) were instilling terror into the hearts of Coalition troops…. grin

Needless to say, all the uploaded videos of IED attacks, and all of many sniper videos were mysteriously deleted from YouTube. grin

Syria is already organizing the Arab tribes, … their final declaration was ominous for any occupiers. They promised to evict the Amerikan military and expel lackey Kurds. Interestingly enough, even Iraqi tribal leaders showed up at the last big conference in Syria.

Amerikan, British, French and SDF Kurds will bleed volumes in (Northern) Syria. The fighting will be close and personal. (Because) Arab and Iranian fighters have learned how to negate air power.

It's an old Soviet tactic, used especially at Stalingrad, nicknamed by the Soviets "to grab and hug the enemy". When Air Forces cannot engage effectively, equivalent of losing your queen in chess right at the start.

In 2006, using this tactic to neutralise Israeli air power, 3000 Hezbollah fighters stopped 75,000 Israeli IDF troops and two armored battalions. 44 out of the 400 Israeli Merkava MBT’s were totally destroyed. In essence, the Israeli forces were not even able to hold even the smallest of Lebanese border villages. grin

Iranian "General Salami" recently made a trip to Syria, and said ” There is a whole Islamic Army ready to engage in total war against arrogant powers".

Iran has brought in about 40-50 thousand Afghan volunteers; there are also Chechen volunteers in their thousands (who routed the Ukrainian military in 2015 in the Donbass, who fight much like Hezbollah, and are hard lethal in artillery. Just ask the Ukies) grin

There are tens of thousands of hardcore Iranian Basij volunteers, and the Basij number around 17 million in Iran, so there will be no shortage of volunteers. grin

There are Pakistani’s, Malaysians, Indonesians, along with many thousands of former terrorists who have been re-educated, who now know who the real enemy is, and are ready to go. grin

This is why I laugh when I see teenagers on Nairaland whose brain are yet to fully develop - in their ignorance, rush to comment on Geo-political issues which even their fathers at home know absolutely nothing about, except digesting whatever they watch on CNN & BBC (no offense meant). grin

Times have changed and this will be a different war. Their (Amerika, UK and France) small bases and limited troops in the Middle East will quickly be overrun and taken prisoner if they are lucky enough not to be annihilated. grin

I trust Mother Russia to condemn the warring parties and suing for peace with her mouth while covertly supplying Iran with her sophisticated & state-of-the-art military gears that will take Amerika back to the stone age. grin

And then, we have China, who regards Pakistan and the Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon (“Arch of Stability”) as an integral, vital and indispensable part of its crucial and gargantuan OBR Silk Roads.

The Chinese have already linked up Pakistan and Iran, soon they will link up Iraq and Syria. The Chinese are also building a massive port in Lebanon, and plan on building another massive port in Yemen as soon as the Houthi’s prevail. grin

China looks forward to "US&Co" being expelled from the region. and will supply the forces of the "Axis of Resistance" with all the cheap, yet very lethal weapons needed for this most important endeavor. grin

This long-awaited war will come inevitably and consume all the children of Satan in Washington, London, Tel Aviv, Paris & Riyadh.

Your long post is just useless and inundated with wet dreams. First of all that drone is not stealth, can can you fly a non stealth drone in stealth mode?
Better if you had said the drone was a bait.
Some of you ass lickers will be here shouting genocide, child killers when you praise the Iranians to their grave.
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Generalyemi(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
Mikora:

Abeg no make me laugh, the Boris Johnson that was just elected yesterday and will be sworn in today? You think you can pull a fast one on me? Who was the prime minister as at the time I asked you that question?

bye Sir
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by Alejobs: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Iranian Forces Say They Seized British-flagged Oil Tanker In Gulf by kilisi(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2019
Trapping:

Bro forget story. Iran lived 40 years under UN sanctions and survived it, in fact in those years they developed an efficient missile program. What makes you think they wouldn't be able to survive the US sanctions.
Don't tell me you're listening to those 'misyarns' from British and american media.

America and Britain will do nothing, absolutely nothing. All trump will do is to mouth off. In fact the guy is not even mouthing off again against foreign adversaries since his bluff has been called over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, it is true that in an all out war American and Britain will defeat Iran, but the question is at what cost? I tell you US is scared to death to face Iran in any war scenario in the middle east - reason, america cannot fathom the costs of such war. So they can only sanction and sanction.

https:BBC.com/news/world-49083108?iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3BAfqXetQLLoAxbJGL

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Terrorists Ambush Nigerien Soldiers Near Mali, Burkina Faso Border, 23 Killed / 18 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia Today (monday, 04, 2013) / Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue: India To Unveil World’s Tallest Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.