Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport (9309 Views)

FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport / FAAN Condemns Security Breach By DSS Official At Abuja Airport. / FAAN Suspends Akure Airport Manager Over Cows Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Abdulazeez99: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2019
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has suspended four heads of aviation security unit who were on duty when an unidentified man climbed an Azman aircraft at the Lagos airport on Friday morning, Igbere TV reports.

FAAN’s general manager, public affairs, Henrietta Yakubu, confirmed the development in a statement obtained by Igbere TV on Friday.

Mrs Yakubu said the suspension of the personnel was pending the completion of ongoing investigation into the regrettable security infringement.

It was not clear how the intruder reached the plane or what his intention was, but a viral video of the incident showed panicked passengers who appeared eager to flee the plane.

“Following the unfortunate airside incursion at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on July 19, the authority has suspended indefinitely the aviation security unit heads.

“The personnel that were suspended were on duty when the incident occurred, pending completion of ongoing investigation into the regrettable security infringement.

“The affected officers are the Airport Chief of Security, Mamman Mohammed Sadiku and International Terminal Security Officer, Oni Abiodun.

“Others are the Head of Department Domestic Terminal 2, Kenneth Okezie and Head of Department Domestic Terminal 1, Adebowale Ayodele,” she said.

Yakubu said in the interim, a general manager, Dr Anne Enyinnaya-Egbadon, had been detailed to take charge of security at the airport.

She said other affected officers had also been replaced.

Yakubu said the current arrangement was aimed at ensuring an efficient and thorough investigation towards the recovery and sustenance of the airport’s proactive security integrity.

She added that FAAN viewed the breach as a serious security concern and had commenced investigation to ascertain the remote and immediate causes of that incident to forestall future occurrence.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/831415/just-in-faan-suspends-four-over-security-breach-at-lagos-airport/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by omenti(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2019
Good development..someone has been held responsible for this..we are gradually getting there.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by JosEast(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2019
Good for them

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Gogirl(f): 7:39am On Jul 20, 2019
lolz na waooo security thing for naija is zero

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Allem(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2019
Nice one
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by AuroraB(f): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2019
That one don take him own spoil these ones' own now
I still don't get what he was up to. Feel like squeezing his neck till his nerves becomes active grin grin grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2019
I can't trust any sector in this country.
How does a man breech the so called security to make contact with a plane?How does this happen?
I guess it's the same way some people end up in the leadership positions they are in right now,like a turtle that finds itself on the top of a tree far from water.
I always hope that we can shun the usual Nigerian nonchalance and incompetence in very IMPORTANT and highly VISIBLE areas like the AIRPORT.Even if the Nigerians cannot say no to bribe and incompetence,can they at least try to secure the place properly?As per international airport?
I get so worried whenever I want to fly,wondering if these people did their jobs at all.A suicide bomber may have passed through after giving them 500naira.
This type of news makes me very nervous!
Suspending is a wack move.Not enough at all.
Father
Where and when can we get one thing right?Just one thing!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2019
omenti:
Good development..someone has been held responsible for this..we are gradually getting there.
it is not enough at all.
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by AroOkigbo(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2019
The person that suspended them also needs to be suspended

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by kevoh(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2019
TheWrita:
How does a man breech the so called security to make contact with a plane?How does this happen?
I guess it's the same way some people end up in the leadership positions they are in right now.
Like a turtle that finds itself on the top of a tree far from water.

Trust me it's easy to breach the security at Nigerian Airports. I've been chanced to work at one of the Nigerian Airports and usually notice how lax the security is sometimes. angry I just laugh and hope we don't have an incident one day. The only time they seem to be working is when their bosses are around or when there's an incident like the drug issue in Saudi and this particular one, then everyone sits up for a few weeks and return to status quo weeks later. It's more like a social welfare scheme for FAAN employing people to work as Airport security staff than people who are actually passionate to do their job properly. You will see people who have no business being security officials at a sensitive place like the Airport. The Airport is not your regular place where you can just put an aboki gateman to man the place. It needs very intelligent people. Mind you, it's almost the same situation everywhere in Nigeria not just FAAN.

NB: I actually deleted some critical info for security reasons.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2019
This is really very scary...

He had a bag..
He had the climbing skill..
He had the courage..
He dropped the bag in one of the wing engine..
He had a full plane..

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by SirLakes: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2019
Sebi politicians don leave roads because it's not secure for traveling, dem dey fly, if care is not taken, air self won't be safe anymore.

That time we go see if na witch craft dem go dey use travu grin

1 Like

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Pavore9: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2019
AuroraB:
I still don't get what he was up to. Feel like squeezing his neck till his nerves becomes active grin grin grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy But if his family can provide undeniable proofs that he is mentally disordered, he will end up in a psychiatric hospital rather than in prison.
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2019
Funny news
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by MrBONE2(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2019
AroOkigbo:

grin

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Blessed13(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2019
Thumbs up but more works need to be done
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Uzorgod(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2019
"ONE CORNER" dance to the next level. grin
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Amuocha: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2019
Ok
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Amanyanabo(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2019
TheWrita:
I guess it's the same way some people end up in the leadership positions they are in right now.
Like a turtle that finds itself on the top of a tree far from water.
I always hope that we can shun the usual Nigerian nonchalance and incompetence in very IMPORTANT and highly VISIBLE areas like the AIRPORT.Even if the Nigerians cannot say no to bribe and incompetence,can they at least try to secure the place properly?
I get so worried whenever I want to fly,wondering if these people did their jobs at all.A suicide bomber may have passed through after giving them 500naira.
Father
Where and when can we get one thing right?Just one thing!
I wonder when we will get one thing right. Nothing seems to be working. No sector is working
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by mzpetit(f): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2019
AroOkigbo:
You mean they should suspend the suspender?�
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by berrystunn(m): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Mad people everywhere
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by dazzlingd(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2019
AuroraB:

That guy is a complete idiot, I feel the same towards him, useless fooool
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by foreshore(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has suspended four heads of aviation security unit who were on duty when an unidentified man climbed an Azman aircraft at the Lagos airport on Friday morning, Igbere TV reports.

FAAN’s general manager, public affairs, Henrietta Yakubu, confirmed the development in a statement obtained by Igbere TV on Friday.

Mrs Yakubu said the suspension of the personnel was pending the completion of ongoing investigation into the regrettable security infringement.

It was not clear how the intruder reached the plane or what his intention was, but a viral video of the incident showed panicked passengers who appeared eager to flee the plane.

“Following the unfortunate airside incursion at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on July 19, the authority has suspended indefinitely the aviation security unit heads.

“The personnel that were suspended were on duty when the incident occurred, pending completion of ongoing investigation into the regrettable security infringement.

“The affected officers are the Airport Chief of Security, Mamman Mohammed Sadiku and International Terminal Security Officer, Oni Abiodun.

“Others are the Head of Department Domestic Terminal 2, Kenneth Okezie and Head of Department Domestic Terminal 1, Adebowale Ayodele,” she said.

Yakubu said in the interim, a general manager, Dr Anne Enyinnaya-Egbadon, had been detailed to take charge of security at the airport.

She said other affected officers had also been replaced.

Yakubu said the current arrangement was aimed at ensuring an efficient and thorough investigation towards the recovery and sustenance of the airport’s proactive security integrity.

She added that FAAN viewed the breach as a serious security concern and had commenced investigation to ascertain the remote and immediate causes of that incident to forestall future occurrence.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/831415/just-in-faan-suspends-four-over-security-breach-at-lagos-airport/

This can only happen in a "Shithole" country
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2019
Bottomline..... The perimeter area of the airport is not secure.......

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by AuroraB(f): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2019
dazzlingd:

honestly ooooo! No be joke.
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by iswallker(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2019
dazzlingd:

Vent your anger on the inefficient security arrangement....someone didn't do his job..
undecided
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2019
omenti:
Getting where?
Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by centilad(m): 11:51am On Jul 20, 2019
See oooo

1 Share

Re: FAAN Suspends Four Over Security Breach At Lagos Airport by centilad(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2019
Employ strong n hardworking youths, MBA!
Buy quality CCTV Camera, MBA!
Subscribe to better ISP, MBA!
Buy patrol vehicles, MBA!
Do your job, MBA!

And you're earning fat, living large, shoe n toilet alawances, till the senseless traveller climbed the wing of the aeroplane, una no see ehn?

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Shopping Mall In Africa - Soweto South Africa / The Other Side Of Life In Canada / Protesting Arik Air Workers Shut Down Lagos Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.