Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today (51293 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Campaigned For Tinubu Because Osinbajo Is Harder To Defeat / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Weathered: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:
of course beggars got more dignity than scammers and fake products peddler sad
grin grin grin grin lolz you must be burning with pain

Scammers are rogues and fake product sellers are devils.

But beggars have no human dignity. Humanity must have died in whoever begs to live.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ibime(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2019
What of begging on WhatsApp and Instagram?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Obere4u: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2019
Esseite:
There are lots of Igbo beggars same as other tribes, although they may differ in numbers... but no tribe is devoid of beggars as no fingers are equal.

Although a typical Igbo man is far sighted seeing a bigger picture, he would rather suffer for 20years for a comfortable end he may not live to see, than pleasures and enjoyment of now that may not guarantee a future comfort.

I think an average Igbo man lives his life in fear of poverty or not being able to provide for his family. Also being majorly business men/women, your growth is 100% factored on your re-investment into your business and not salary earned. which in turn prompts for expansion and venture into other businesses such as real estates to store appreciable wealth it's not being greedy, it just a life of fear of poverty ingrained in their DNA. Which can aswell be found in other acute business men from other tribes.

Enough said.... You be sabinus... Chop knuckle
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2019
I think he meant....see picture below

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Baroba(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2019
There are beggars in every ethnic group, just that some have them in large numbers.. Reno should leave Ndigbo alone abeg..

I have seen Nigerians begging in London sef.. The thing is becoming rampant, even online..
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ugosample(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2019
I have seen igbo beggars
but not very often
but I have seen quite a number
Reno should not be making comments like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ugosample(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2019
Esseite:
There are lots of Igbo beggars same as other tribes, although they may differ in numbers... but no tribe is devoid of beggars as no fingers are equal.

Although a typical Igbo man is far sighted seeing a bigger picture, he would rather suffer for 20years for a comfortable end he may not live to see, than pleasures and enjoyment of now that may not guarantee a future comfort.

I think an average Igbo man lives his life in fear of poverty or not being able to provide for his family. Also being majorly business men/women, your growth is 100% factored on your re-investment into your business and not salary earned. which in turn prompts for expansion and venture into other businesses such as real estates to store appreciable wealth it's not being greedy, it just a life of fear of poverty ingrained in their DNA. Which can aswell be found in other acute business men from other tribes.

You have said it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by wasiudvd(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2019
oglalasioux:

Igbos detest begging of all sorts. Igbos that can't fend for themselves are taken care of by relatives. In Igboland it's the relatives that receive the shame not even the begger. If you've ever encountered a begger in any Igbo village or town it will be from a full mad man who's not even aware of his existence.
Stop it! From Onitsha, to Ihiala, to Nnewi, to Ekwulobia, to Awka, you will see plenty of Ignis begging. They come with "Otutu oma" as intro.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by jrusky(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2019
Oh thanks for you statement Omokri but don't you have a tribe? Then what has your tribe done?

You are a respected some one I believe you should not bring tribal sentiment to already boiling polity so pls be sensible and sensitive orelse people will see your struggle to speak up as tribal game stand. So be sensitive Mr man.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

The thread is tribal in itself. Reno is just a tribal bigot using Igbo for his foolish bait.

He aired his point of view, which he is entitled to. There is nothing tribal about a Yoruba man hailing the igbos or about an Igbo man hailing the yorubas or hausas, but it is only in the mind of those who are already tribal bigots that they misunderstand opinions.

If you go round Nigeria, you'll realize that the hausa's constitute majority of street beggars.
So if I one out to say out of 10 beggars, five of them are likely to be hausas, does that make me a tribalist?
Same way If I come out and say I've never seen a tribe that drinks as much as the ijaws, does that also make me tribally bigotted towards the ijaws?

He stated his view and hinged it on the apprenticeship system which is known worldwide as the way of life of most igbos, and hence the reason why there are less Igbo beggars. It doesn't make him a tribal bigot. But someone interpreting that statement as 'there are no Igbo beggars' tells more about the reciever's state of mind and hence their interpretation of the statement. The statement in itself isn't tribalistic, but most people's perception of the statement in this forum is what is tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by leye4u: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

I have never seen an able bodied northern begger too. They are all disabled.
Come to Ibadan
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2019
There are ibo beggers in ph, women pretending to be blind wearing dark glasses and singing in traffice for you to pay them, ibos are in the minority when it comes to begging sha. wink
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Neoteny(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2019
That's because every single one of them is into one sort of crime or another

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ugosample(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2019
habzee1:
help me figure this out my father is an igbo and my mother is hausa/fulani but I love them all whom should I choose in time like this the war on social media?

just be yourself

You don't have to take a side

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ugosample(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2019
Neoteny:
That's because every single one of them is into one sort of crime or another

I'm an igbo man

and I'm not a criminal
I'm a business man and a portfolio investor

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Brightest04(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2019
Reno Omokri is the most intellectual illiterate i have ever known to exist in today Nigeria.I just wonder how much this man know, or does he want to tell us that the Igbos are all swimming in the river of riches?
Infact the game of politics have destroyed so many brains in this country.
Definitely if he should become the president of this country tomorrow, the Igbo race will suffer in his hand,because what he said now will determine the way he will allocate national resources to that region.
Reno should come to Lagos,or go to Benin city,Ibadan,Warri,Port Harcourt,etc,and see them,corporate beggars from the Igbo extraction.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by pfadom: 11:40am On Jul 20, 2019
Igbo's have both first class beggars and scammers. You know you are just lying. Begging is no disease, there are beggars even in America and Europe.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Topmaike007(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2019
gaetano:
Choir sing along....

Since i was born, and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo beggar.

Brothers have you seen....?
no no since I was born I have never seen an Igbo beggar

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Yyeske(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2019
oweniwe:
He has never been to Ekwulobia motor park before undecided
Enough at Nkpor park sef, problem with Reno is that whenever he wants to trend, he picks up the Igbos as topic.

Reno I put it to you that there are no Itshekiri beggars too
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by DaddyMorenike: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2019
gaetano:
Choir sing along....

Since i was born, and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo beggar.

Brothers have you seen....?
plenty bro!! Especially online.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Myself2(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:
of course beggars got more dignity than scammers and fake products peddler sad

Stop hating
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Brightest04:
Reno Omokri is the most intellectual illiterate i have ever known to exist in today Nigeria.I just wonder how much this man know, or does he want to tell us that the Igbos are all swimming in the river of riches?
Infact the game of politics have destroyed so many brains in this country.
Definitely if he should become the president of this country tomorrow, the Igbo race will suffer in his hand,because what he said now will determine the way he will allocate national resources to that region.
Reno should come to Lagos,or go to Benin city,Ibadan,Warri,Port Harcourt,etc,and see them,corporate beggars from the Igbo extraction.

Reno's message is for matured mind. Reno's message is the same with Atiku's message when he said there is no brown rusty roof in South East.

The Ibos are the most enterprising ethnic nationalityin Africa. That is the message. That is the truth. They also have other attributes that are not encouraging, but that should be for another topic.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2019
chijioke17:

He aired his point of view, which he is entitled to. There is nothing tribal about a Yoruba man hailing the igbos or about an Igbo man hailing the yorubas or hausas, but it is only in the mind of those who are already tribal bigots that they misunderstand opinions.

If you go round Nigeria, you'll realize that the hausa's constitute majority of street beggars.
So if I one out to say out of 10 beggars, five of them are likely to be hausas, does that make me a tribalist?
Same way If I come out and say I've never seen a tribe that drinks as much as the ijaws, does that also make me tribally bigotted towards the ijaws?

He stated his view and hinged it on the apprenticeship system which is known worldwide as the way of life of most igbos, and hence the reason why there are less Igbo beggars. It doesn't make him a tribal bigot. But someone interpreting that statement as 'there are no Igbo beggars' tells more about the reciever's state of mind and hence their interpretation of the statement. The statement in itself isn't tribalistic, but most people's perception of the statement in this forum is what is tribalistic.

What if I said 90% of Igbos sell fake and adulterated products, would that make me a tribalist?

Apprenticeship is practiced in Yoruba land. All the people who are into blue collar jobs in Yoruba land go through apprenticeship. There’s nothing Igbo about it.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Kennydoc(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2019
traihit:

Reno actually knows how to talk trash and exaggerate unnecessarily. I used to say that before but I was wrong, there are Igbo beggars.

I am Igbo and I know there are many Igbo beggars especially in the South East, but we should carefully read and understand Reno's post. He didn't say there are no Igbo beggars. He said he has never seen one. I think he's only trying to say that they are few and not ubiquitous as those of other major tribes especially northern tribes.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2019
leye4u:

Come to Ibadan

The same way Reno should go to the east and some parts of Lagos if he wants to see Igbo beggars. We are saying the same thing.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Kennydoc:

I am Igbo and I know there are many Igbo beggars especially in the South East, but we should carefully read and understand Reno's post. He didn't say there are no Igbo beggars. He said he has never seen one. I think he's only trying to say that they are few and not ubiquitous as those of other major tribes especially northern tribes.

Which other tribes?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by FuckThaMod: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Before i opened this thread i knew it will be up to 5 pages because it has something to do with the igbos. grin
Whenever igbo is mentioned wahala don dey because of the hate and envy from other tribes. Make i sit down read comments first grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Rotimi47: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
A middle-aged woman, Mrs. Uju Obiekwe has been arrested by officials of the Anambra State Government for allegedly using persons with fake ailment to beg for alms.

The suspect and her accomplices were apprehended at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University junction, Awka, where they used a young girl with a bandaged stomach to beg for alms from unsuspecting members of the public.

The widow, operating under a group called, the Rescue Helpers People Foundation Incorporation, located in Oba, Idemili South Local Government Area of the state, confessed to joining the group following the demise of her husband.

“I joined the syndicate after the death of my husband. They pay me N1,500 daily,” she said.

Parading the suspects in her office in Awka, the Commissioner for Women and Children Affairs, Lady Ndidi Mezue reiterated the ministry’s readiness to rid the state of mentally challenged people and beggars.

She regretted that most of the beggars were from neighbouring states, warning that nobody had any reason to beg.

Mezue further revealed that her Ministry had empowered several persons in collaboration with the Caring Family Enhancement Initiative of the Wife of the Governor.

“We have trained people who are unemployed at the various Skill Acquisition Centres, after which they were empowered,” she added.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/fake-beggars-arrested-anambra/ lipsrsealed
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by GraGra247(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:

atleast hooligans who are trustworthy and honest to the hood are much better than scammers sad

The word trust and hooligan does not rhyme together
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Emmasnoop(m): 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
Oga go Car parks 4 East u go see them, dey beg with style.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by booblacain(m): 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
traihit:

What's your insinuation when you say you've never seen something in a complex environment like ours? You don't need to clarify his statement if it's really plain as you said.

If the people pulling their hairs out over Reno's statement are as smart as they are emotional there would be no need for clarification.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Damod88: 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
I have always said Reno is not reasonable enough. The fact that he has not seen an Igbo man begging doesn't mean there are no beggars from Igbo ethnic group. For example I have not seen an Ibira man begging ,does that translate into the fact that there are no beggars from Ibira ethnic group? Sometimes it is difficult to identify beggars by their ethnicity, tell me how easy was it for Reno to identify the ethnic origin of all the beggars he had seen?This only confirms that Reno is irredemably daft.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Amaechi Mesmerizes Buhari's Cabinet Members? (Photos) / President Buhari Fixes Roads In Goodluck Jonathan's Hometown (Photos) / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.