Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today (52118 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Campaigned For Tinubu Because Osinbajo Is Harder To Defeat / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Yyeske(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Kennydoc:

I am Igbo and I know there are many Igbo beggars especially in the South East, but we should carefully read and understand Reno's post. He didn't say there are no Igbo beggars. He said he has never seen one. I think he's only trying to say that they are few and not ubiquitous as those of other major tribes especially northern tribes.
Meaning he's one of the élites who don't mingle with the common man on the street, even Igbos on this thread know he just lied but come to think of it, why is Reno not always telling us about his Itshekiri people, is it that his people are already in paradise and need no further improvement? Is he Igbo now or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Yyeske(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
Damod88:
I have always said Reno is not reasonable enough. The fact that he has not seen an Igbo man begging doesn't mean there are no beggars from Igbo ethnic group. For example I have not seen an Ibira man begging ,does that translate into the fact that there are no beggars from Ibira ethnic group? Sometimes it is difficult to identify beggars by their ethnicity, tell me how easy was it for Reno to identify the ethnic origin of all the beggars he had seen?This only confirms that Reno is irredemably daft.
Seriously daft and even moronic
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by uba1991: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
I WILL B BUYING DOGS FROM MAIDUGURI AND SEND IT TO YOU IN PH,CALABAR,ANAMBRA etc.pls call 07033189842 if u ar interested
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Otuideal: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
Go to uboh hill at Aba along ikot ekpene road,
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by damtan(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
gaetano:
Choir sing along....
Since i was born, and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo beggar.
Brothers have you seen....?
Nairalanders no go kill person. You no well aswear.,..Lol

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by tyup(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
GraGra247:

The word trust and hooligan does not rhythm rhyme together

there are some tout in the North who can be violent and can kill for whatever reasons but are still very honest and would rather not betray your trust for them especially when it comes to doing business with them.... so yeah it's changes and rhyme together when in comes to being Northern undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by degamemaster(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
maybachmusic:
They do in the east though

Wit their singing bands

Try to get sense naaa, someone pointed out that you can only see an Igbo beggar on the condition that he or she is not medically ok cos of some kind rare sickness which he cannot treat immediately as a result of financial lack. Those blind "beggars" with band are not beggars to say, they're entertainers from blind people's school so they go about entertaining people and in appreciation people gives them some little money. FYI, those guys are rich guys with with different music albums to their credit.
They didn't let their disabilities cut down their talents.
They're not beggars.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by wirinet(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2019
donprinyo:
As an igbo man, I have seen blind igbo people seeking for alms. Reno said he has not seen it b4. Its possible has not seen dem b4.
Does Reno ask for the tribe of all beggars he comes across?

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Ikem11(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
MrMou:

Look at this boy! Na only you be ibo for here, ba? Even your fellow ibos know what he's implying & are confirming there's a lot of them! So if he's not a fool (according to you) & should know there are ibo beggars, then what's the point of his idiotic statement?

His perspective doesn't reflect on you... You as a person got your mind set on what to believe or not.... So deal with it all must not agree with your perspective. Old man!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Borntofuck: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
This don pain skull miners

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by forgiveness: 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
Tamasaba:
There are Igbo beggars. I will be honest. Reno would have been absolutely right if he had said "I have never seen an able bodied Igbo beggar". What I am saying is that Igbos only have people who resort to begging because they can't, reasonably, fend for themselves. E.g the blind or those suffering from illnesses that they can't handle financially.
[b]
This is unlike some tribes with healthy able bodied men begging for alms with bowl. [/b]E.g...lol

There are healthy able bodied men and women begging alms in the East.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by GraGra247(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:

there are some tout in the North who can be violent and can kill for whatever reasons but are still very honest and would rather not betray your trust for them especially when it comes to doing business with them.... so yeah it's changes and rhyme together when in comes to being Northern undecided

So you finally accept you're a hooligan and a killer.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by ejemamaka: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

What if I said 90% of Igbos sell fake and adulterated products, would that make me a tribalist?

Apprenticeship is practiced in Yoruba land. All the people who are into blue collar jobs in Yoruba land go through apprenticeship. There’s nothing Igbo about it.

1. That would be your opinion.
2. I didn't say it wasn't practiced in Yoruba land, please refer to my statement on apprenticeship with Igbos.
3. The last part of your statement suggests myopic understanding of my subject of discussion, read my argument again without bias and understand my point.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by kogi2010: 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2019
who b dis? u are a fat lier, dey came to kano some years back dey were singing as kids then we were dancing to dere music dis idiot is saying rubbish
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by tyup(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
GraGra247:

So you finally accept you're a hooligan and a killer.

I'm neither.....I'm just one who loves Honesty and transparency our Ipob brothers find very hard to give/ render
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Afamed: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
immhotep:

Metaphysical and sarrki will avoid this thread .
Sai mama.
Una too like those who dey sell midday news for una
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by somehow: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
Charity begins at home. He that is faithful in little, much more will be added.

In development, are the eastern states topping the chart? at least they have access to monthly allocation and no one tells any governor what to do with their powers. Can you advise us on which indices they have done well above other states in Nigeria?
Adakintroy2:
Sentiment outside, if igbos had access to state resource at the top level as this abokis or yolobas..they will be miles ahead in every sense.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Onyenna(m): 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
Tamasaba:
There are Igbo beggars. I will be honest. Reno would have been absolutely right if he had said "I have never seen an able bodied Igbo beggar". What I am saying is that Igbos only have people who resort to begging because they can't, reasonably, fend for themselves. E.g the blind or those suffering from illnesses that they can't handle financially.

This is unlike some tribes with healthy able bodied men begging for alms with bowl. E.g...lol

Well said....
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by jpphilips(m): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
bellachibaby:
Reno wrote on his Facebook account as follows:

"Since I was born till today, I have NEVER seen an Igbo BEGGAR. Africa should study this most enterprising ethnic nationality. Nigeria had her fastest GDP growth in 2003-2007 and 2011-2015, under the hand of an Igbo woman named Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. It can't be a COINCIDENCE! The Igbo are an African ethnic nationality that have produced more US dollar multimillionaires, per capita, through their apprenticeship system, than Harvard Business School. Igbos prove that WHO you know takes you farther than WHAT you know #FreeLeahSharibu #RenosNuggets"

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1152448949749518336

Beaf aka Reno Omokri, stop patronizing igbos, please focus on your Ijaw militants
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Afamed:

Una too like those who dey sell midday news for una
Who you want make we like? grin
Sai mama.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by gwarotango: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
Odisweet:

that is not true and you know it no matter how you chose to pretend ignorance, now you are getting yourself into uncontrollable hatred for a tribe and that is not good for your health
Listen lady I don't harbor hate for any group besides maybe Boko Haram, it's just the ibo bragging and empty chestbeating that gets on the nerves of other Nigerians
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
chijioke17:

1. That would be your opinion.
2. I didn't say it wasn't practiced in Yoruba land, please refer to my statement on apprenticeship with Igbos.
3. The last part of your statement suggests myopic understanding of my subject of discussion, read my argument again without bias and understand my point.

You tried to make apprenticeship an Igbo thing which is myopic. One thing I’ve noticed about you Igbos is that you try to make yourself good while bringing others down. There’s nothing special about Igbos in anyway.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Iwanttoto1: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2019
Neoteny:
That's because every single one of them is into one sort of crime or another

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J rule 2. Insitings a tribes
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by flowx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

This is how simple minded fools like you are swayed with propaganda. You will ever find a Yoruba beggar in the north or east. Likewise you have to go to the east to find Igbo beggars which are plenty. There are even Igbo beggars in Lagos. Fashola deported some. Go to the east and see plenty Igbo beggars before falling for criminals like Reno and his propaganda.
No wonder..."Schoolboi" I can't wrestle with PIG like you. Inhabitant of mud!
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Vikzz(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:
of course beggars got more dignity than scammers and fake products peddler sad

2k shirt wey you wear,if you buy am for 5k not to talk of 100k
No fake clothes,just buy the one your pocket reach to
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

You tried to make apprenticeship an Igbo thing which is myopic. One thing I’ve noticed about you Igbos is that you try to make yourself good while bringing others down. There’s nothing special about Igbos in anyway.

"He stated his view and hinged it on the apprenticeship system which is known worldwide as the way of life of most igbos"

Where in this statement does it suggest apprenticeship is an Igbo thing?. Known worldwide as a way of life of a particular people doesn't mean they own or invented it.

I think you just read so you could reply and not so you could understand.

Are you even aware that a Western university professor has understudied the apprenticeship of Igbos? And presented it on Tedx, or the professor also is a tribal bigot as well. I don't believe in tribalism, so when I see something worth commending or criticizing, I do just that and not hinge on sentiments. No where in my history of education was logical reasoning hinged on tribal sentiments. You should see things from a neutral point of view.
But that's my opinion anyway.

Believe what you want.

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
flowx:
No wonder..."Schoolboi" I can't wrestle with PIG like you. Inhabitant of mud!

I can see how shallow you are from the word go. Stop pretending to be who you are not.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by sixtus3606(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
Tamasaba:

This is unlike some tribes with healthy able bodied men begging for alms with bowl. E.g...lol

Good one.

I can categorically tell you that I am an igbo man and I have seen quite a number of igbo baggers. But these set of igbo baggers always one physical defects/disability or the other. Unlike the northern counterpart.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
chijioke17:

"He stated his view and hinged it on the apprenticeship system which is known worldwide as the way of life of most igbos"

Where in this statement does it suggest apprenticeship is an Igbo thing?. Known worldwide as a way of life of a particular people doesn't mean they own or invented it.

I think you just read so you could reply and not so you could understand.

Believe what you want.

And how did you know apprenticeship is known worldwide as a way of Igbos? How many places have you been to in the world? Apprenticeship is known as a way of the Yoruba, not Igbos.

Tailors, mechanics, furniture makers, Carpenters, barbers, hair dressers, electricians, welders etc in Yoruba land go through apprenticeship. How would the world know it’s the way of Igbos when it is more practiced by Yoruba?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by ridbell01(m): 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Your comment show that you are ignorant of the situation on ground cuz you are eating from money from government and when you are out of government you are eating free money from Atiku

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) / Sambo Dasuki In Nigerian Army Uniform (Throwback Photo) / Spot The Difference Between GEJ And PMB Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.