Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today (51350 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Campaigned For Tinubu Because Osinbajo Is Harder To Defeat / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Honestly Reno is half baked fake Pastor, how could a journalist be this dumb? Ibo beggars? They are everywhere, especially in Europe where they beg openly disgracing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by lomprico(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
dem day o
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
sixtus3606:

Good one.

I can categorically tell you that I am an igbo man and I have seen quite a number of igbo baggers. But these set of igbo baggers always one physical defects/disability or the other. Unlike the northern counterpart.

Most beggars are disabled. I’ve never seen an able bodied beggar. Stop bringing others down. There’s nothing special about Igbos.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

And how did you know apprenticeship is known worldwide as a way of Igbos? How many places have you been to in the world? Apprenticeship is known as a way of the Yoruba, not Igbos.

Tailors, mechanics, furniture makers, Carpenters, barbers, hair dressers, electricians, welders etc in Yoruba land go through apprenticeship. How would the world know it’s the way of Igbos when it is more practiced by Yoruba?

Permit me to explain the apprenticeship I'm talking about because you are obviously misunderstanding.

Mr A. Who deals in say spare parts, takes up boy b. And have a verbal agreement that boy b would serve him for a period of 7 years. In this period boy B would live with and be catered for by Mr A, in return, boy b will learn the ropes of business and discipline from Mr. A. After the stipulated period, Mr. A would release boy b. Having satisfied the agreement and will also establish him( either in cash, or setup a business of same likelihood, or both) depending on the terms of agreement.

Now Mr. A goes back to get someone else say boy c. And the cycle continues, boy b now Mr. B, goes and gets boy d, draft an agreement and sets up his own cycle.

This is the apprenticeship I'm talking about and which Mr. Reno was probably referring to. Not the ones you mentioned earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by harbarzzy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
Come to Lagos Reno..come and see ur people calling Bros can I see you
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
chijioke17:

Permit me to explain the apprenticeship I'm talking about because you are obviously misunderstanding.

Mr A. Who deals in say spare parts, takes up boy b. And have a verbal agreement that boy b would serve him for a period of 7 years. In this period boy B would live with and be catered for by Mr A, in return, boy b will learn the ropes of business and discipline from Mr. A. After the stipulated period, Mr. A would release boy b. Having satisfied the agreement and will also establish him( either in cash, or setup a business of same likelihood, or both) depending on the terms of agreement.

Now Mr. A goes back to get someone else say boy c. And the cycle continues, boy b now Mr. B, goes and gets boy d, draft an agreement and sets up his own cycle.

This is the apprenticeship I'm talking about and which Mr. Reno was probably referring to. Not the ones you mentioned earlier.

So?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

So?

If you still don't see your disagreement was borne out of misunderstanding of my arguements, then I give up
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by luluman: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
Nemesis909:
That means you've never travelled.

9th mile, Onitsha, even Abakaliki - Ogoja park, them plenty for there.

Funny enough, even in Ojuelegba, under the bridge, you'll see well known beggars from the east.
Another is seen during morning rush hour opposite first bank bariga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
bellachibaby:
Reno wrote on his Facebook account as follows:

"Since I was born till today, I have NEVER seen an Igbo BEGGAR. Africa should study this most enterprising ethnic nationality. Nigeria had her fastest GDP growth in 2003-2007 and 2011-2015, under the hand of an Igbo woman named Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. It can't be a COINCIDENCE! The Igbo are an African ethnic nationality that have produced more US dollar multimillionaires, per capita, through their apprenticeship system, than Harvard Business School. Igbos prove that WHO you know takes you farther than WHAT you know #FreeLeahSharibu #RenosNuggets"

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1152448949749518336
if you are an Igbo lady and single, oya talk. let's connect.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
chijioke17:

If you still don't see your disagreement was borne out of misunderstanding of my arguements, then I give up

There’s nothing special about your apprenticeship and mine. Your boss settles you while I work to settle myself or my parents settle me.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by chijioke17(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

There’s nothing special about your apprenticeship and mine. Your boss settles you while I work to settle myself or my parents settle me.
Okay
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by plaindealer: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
Must every ignorant bigot and demagogue always take igbo people play football and put them in the line of fire even when they did not ask for it?

Now the useless idiota don open up igbo people for needless attacks that they did not ask for..

grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by lielbree: 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
gaetano:
Choir sing along....

Since i was born, and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo beggar.

Brothers have you seen....?
No no no no since I was born I have never see an Igbo begger

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by TimmyAde1: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
Mr Reno this means that you can't see.
Some would even go to the extent of dressing up in suits or corporate dresses ,deceiving the gullible ones ,not knowing that they are going to beg for alms.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by nduchucks: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2019
Dem full internet dey beg celebrities and any seemingly rich guy.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by henry4lov1: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
Understand where rino is coming from, what he meant is that 99% of Igbo's work for there money rather than carry plates around begging than others that u will see up to 10% begging
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by mfm04622: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
gaetano:
Choir sing along....

Since i was born, and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo beggar.

Brothers have you seen....?

I served in Anambra and visited Imo, Enugu and Delta States during the year! I have seen MANY Igbo beggars! Many!!
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by oglalasioux(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
wasiudvd:

Stop it! From Onitsha, to Ihiala, to Nnewi, to Ekwulobia, to Awka, you will see plenty of Ignis begging. They come with "Otutu oma" as intro.

An Arab lady approached me at Lokoja yesterday while on transit. Her opening line was, 'nwoke mara nma nyerem aka.'

An Arab!

In faraway Lokoja!

Tell me why non Igbo Nigerians can't learn little Igbo language to beg in Igbo town motor parks.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by desiredhome: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lawalemi:
Igbos love to make their money unlike the other tribe that wouldn't mind begging for remnant
A beggar is far more better than a thief/scammer that can just do anything for money
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by DimIsaac10(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
nijabazaar:

No no no, since I was born, i have never seen an Igbo begging.
Or brother have you seen?.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by GraGra247(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:

I'm neither.....I'm just one who loves Honesty and transparency our Ipob brothers find very hard to give/ render

Your pathetic view, not mine.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Cyoung4real(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
tyup:

Professional fake ear piece and express gala seller I hail o

At least I hustle for my money than to beg like you lazy being.

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by flowx(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
schoolboij:

I can see how shallow you are from the word go. Stop pretending to be who you are not.
���������������������������������������������������

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by tyup(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
GraGra247:

Your pathetic view, not mine.
And your own biggest problem not mine
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by tyup(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
Cyoung4real:

At least I hustle for my money than to beg like you lazy being.

Lol laughing at fools like you like no other.....your own pay hustle is probably what I get per month being a student as stipend

atleast you're hustling to survive I'm not

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by HimName: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
Peter Obi having high powered meeting with Igbo merchants.

Thunder you only requested for a nap. Why taking longer ?

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Salebo: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
bellachibaby:
Reno wrote on his Facebook account as follows:

"Since I was born till today, I have NEVER seen an Igbo BEGGAR. Africa should study this most enterprising ethnic nationality. Nigeria had her fastest GDP growth in 2003-2007 and 2011-2015, under the hand of an Igbo woman named Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. It can't be a COINCIDENCE! The Igbo are an African ethnic nationality that have produced more US dollar multimillionaires, per capita, through their apprenticeship system, than Harvard Business School. Igbos prove that WHO you know takes you farther than WHAT you know #FreeLeahSharibu #RenosNuggets"

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1152448949749518336

Met Reno Omokri at Lagos when I was in the university in 1995 or so..Stayed friend for years...

I have NEVER met a more hypocritical character like Ren man,as he was called....He will give glowing advice on marriage...Please ask him whether a woman can live with him for even just a year..Ask him about the Abuja babe he opened business for during the GEJ days...

Once you have some perceived importance,Ren man will suck your balls...

And the way he twists stuff to suit his purpose is 2nd to none..A pastor that abandoned his home front to perch and preach his love for a runs girl everyone was kpanshing in town...

Smh!
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by leofab(f): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
This is where the Nigerian factor comes in... the man specifically said he has not seen; he didn’t say they don’t exist... don’t read to reply rather read to understand. Shalom
Tamasaba:
There are Igbo beggars. I will be honest. Reno would have been absolutely right if he had said "I have never seen an able bodied Igbo beggar". What I am saying is that Igbos only have people who resort to begging because they can't, reasonably, fend for themselves. E.g the blind or those suffering from illnesses that they can't handle financially.

This is unlike some tribes with healthy able bodied men begging for alms with bowl. E.g...lol

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by roladex(f): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
Me too o
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by seunmsg(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
Even on Nairaland here, we have so many Igbo beggars. So, what the fvck is this empty chest beating? Beggars exist in all tribe.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Salebo: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
densiks:
Reno’s post did not say there are no Igbo beggars,he cleverly referred to himself having not seen an Igbo beggar which could possibly be true based on his level of interaction with igbos.

However, it is undeniable that the Igbo apprenticeship system among other exceptional qualities of the igbos stand them out as a prosperous tribe excluding the many vices that some of their desperate folks are notorious for e.g rituals,kidnapping,fake products,drugs,baby factories and so on.

Generally igbos are ambitious (sometimes wrongly),hardworking,enterprising,intelligent and courageous people.

For instance, till date some of the most intelligent Nigerians I have been privileged to meet are igbos and their records have yet been unsurpassed to my knowledge.

Igbos deserve some accolades so I align with Reno’s fallacious claims within the context of ‘he has possibly never met an Igbo beggar’

Mechie onu gi...Reno Wu EZIGBOTE idiot!

Beggars are everywhere..even in the US...

The preponderance is what he should talk about and not that he has NEVER seen..
Re: Reno Omokri: I Have Never Seen An Igbo Beggar Since I Was Born Till Today by Neoteny(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ugosample:

I'm an igbo man

and I'm not a criminal
I'm a business man and a portfolio investor

That's what Evans also calls his line of work.

The usual euphemism is "developer".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Reacts To Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State (photos) / Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.