Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 (17510 Views)

FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Ugosample(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
thesicilian:

Covenant University is one of the most progressive institutions currently in Africa. You don't honestly think they'd withhold a first class from those who deserve it because they're many?
It is that mindset of making life hard for our fellow man that has kept us in this state as a nation.

don't mind them

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
davillian:

Its not about that I remember one economic summit my dept hosted and students from other uni attended including private uni.
Those guys knows fall my hand when we started breaking and analysing Nigerian economy grin
Every school has it's competitive advantage globally. Your department might have thought some aspects of the economy which they don't know but by the time they come up with theirs you colleagues will melt. The problem with our education over here is that many schools aren't following the curriculum issued by NUC. Your lecturers might have downloaded enough to colleagues because he had done extensive research hence the need for his students to be acquainted whereas the other school's lecturer must have given them the basic hence assuming that their students would get more at postgraduate degree. This isn't peculiar to private universities because many public universities experience similar fate. I remember when my school compressed two courses in one course in year one whereas my peers didn't do that till they got to their third year. You and peers were lucky because your lecturers was taking his researched work to teach you which wasn't right.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Ugosample(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
useless and overhyped poo school churning out mediocres with first class.
make them come UNIBEN their body go hear am if not third class then na probation go sure for them.

just so you know

uniben is NOT a good school to make such example

That is a den of frustrated and wicked mofos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Ballack1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
[quote author=EzeIgboNwaChukwu post=80460767] don't be so dumb.
when these students pay such excessively high outrageous Fees why won't the lecturers grade them with super marks.
what I know is that assuming I was in covenant university even without reading, my First class or second class upper is sure for me so far I've paid the necessary fees.
These their so called First class graduates have nothing upstairs and majority of them do fumble during interviews.
As an employer of labor I'll chose a 2:2 graduate of uniben over these dumb First class graduates of Covenant poo university

My guy, Convenant students are brilliant

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Kingkun69(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
asuustrike1:

Actually there are some covenant university graduate that I have seen that are still job hunting but it can't be compared with those from public universities.
yes nau it's naija we dey those ones must have not utilised the connections well while in school or for any other reason but you can't compare to public unis because chaiiiii you will see 1st class that can't even speak good English it's really worrisome
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by TruthinAction: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
shams040:
A total of 215 students of the Covenant University, Ota in Ogun State were conferred with First Class degrees at its 2018/2019 convocation on Friday.

The Vice-Chancellor, Aaron Atayero, a professor, performed the ceremony during the instititution’s 14th Convocation and the Conferment of Honourary Doctorate Degrees, and Presentation of Prizes.

The event took place within the institution’s campus in Ota.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 1,580 students graduated for the academic session.

They comprised: 215 first class honours, 668 second class upper honours, 415 second class lower, nine in third class and 239 post-graduates.

Ajia Motunrayo, a student in the Department of Petroleum Engineering, College of Engineering, emerged the best student with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.0.

NAN reports that this was the first time that the institution would be attaining such a feat, the closest being the 2016 convocation where Master Winner Deji-Folutile from Department of Architecture had 4.97.

Mr Atayero, in his address, noted that education is a powerful weapon which can be used to change the world and achieve sustainable economic growth, especially, on the African continent.

“The institution is committed to supporting and encouraging research and development works aimed at providing innovative solutions to societal problems and enhancing the quality of life as enunciated in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda,” he said.

The V-C said Covenant University had continued to provide quality education by providing lifelong learning opportunities through granting public access to resources of the institution’s Centre for Learning.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/341892-215-bag-first-class-as-covenant-university-graduates-1580-students.html

I think it's time to have a uniform final examination on all courses offered by university. Or better still, one extra year where graduates from different universities can come together to sit for the same examination.

The manner and ways first class is rolling out from some of these private universities is questionable. I don't think most of our Federal universities like UNN, ABU, UNILAG etc which admits the best brains turn out these numbers of first class. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

The majority that attends private universities in Nigeria are those who could not meet up with cut off points but they have money to enter any private university.

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Miscellaneous(m): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
Kingkun69:
you just proved his point even more oga first u said a 1st class in any uni can bag one in covenant but not the other way around doesn't that just tell u there is serious bias in public unis also u want to throw a globally accepted method of measuring unis away due to the fact that they only rate the facilities and conditions guy pls read what you actually wrote Abeg all u did was actually show the reasons covenant is better like bro come on you should go and actually do ur research because this is atrocious

Continue wallowing in foolishness. It's okay as long as you don't drag others to it. We all know too well that any CU student wont best a first from our Nigerian public uni. Someone who has gone through a more rigorous process of training and scrutiny will definitely outshine one who was subjected to a lesser one. Little wonder why the ones from public uni always do wonders when they go abroad, why wont they perform in a more better environment!

In case u dont know 90% of students in CU are those who couldn't pass jamb exam. Shame!

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
Gerrard59:

But they've been more than two 5.0 pointers from Unilag and same Unilag convocated 245 first class graduates last year. So what's your point?
245 out of 6000+ and not 1000+ ..get it right man! Make dem come Unilag first, na 3rd class angry

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by HigherEd: 12:11am On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

I think it's time to have a uniform final examination on all courses offered by university. Or better still, one extra year where graduates from different universities can come together to sit for the same examination.

The manner and ways first class is rolling out from some of these private universities is questionable. I don't think most of our Federal universities like UNN, ABU, UNILAG etc which admits the best brains turn out these numbers of first class. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

The majority that attends private universities in Nigeria are those who could not meet up with cut off points but they have money to enter any private university.
where you aware that FG under Jonathan Organized pressid - a competition for 1st class grads and three out of three times CU's First class grads led everyone else.

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by davillian(m): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Every school has it's competitive advantage globally. Your department might have thought some aspects of the economy which they don't know but by the time they come up with theirs you colleagues will melt. The problem with our education over here is that many schools aren't following the curriculum issued by NUC. Your lecturers might have downloaded enough to colleagues because he had done extensive research hence the need for his students to be acquainted whereas the other school's lecturer must have given them the basic hence assuming that their students would get more at postgraduate degree. This isn't peculiar to private universities because many public universities experience similar fate. I remember when my school compressed two courses in one course in year one whereas my peers didn't do that till they got to their third year. You and peers were lucky because your lecturers was taking his researched work to teach you which wasn't right.
You right 100%.
On that discussion with them I noticed they had shallow knowledge but we had deep knowledge.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by davillian(m): 12:30am On Jul 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

Your so called federal universities is saturated with sadist very few think well without been biased to their students. Ironically these lecturers rarely allow their kids to school there rather they opt in for schools like covenant university or abroad. You better change this mindset of yours because those lecturers share the same with you
Sadist or no sadist
We begin to burn candles 2 weeks after resumption
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by davillian(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2019
eazzzy1:

I knew I would see comments like this. Most Nigerians are used to hardship. We lie to ourselves that we want change but we subconsciously like the status quo. Any body/institution trying to bring genuine change is mocked, ridiculed, seen as weaker. We have this notion that life must be difficult and we do everything to make sure it is.

For example a lot of qualified Nigerians were contesting in the last election but somehow we managed to convince ourselves that the election was about Atiku and Buhari, the absolute worst candidates.

An institution than makes life easy for her students and give them the grades they worked for is called a glorified secondary school while the federal universities where lecturers knowingly withhold good grades just because it hurts his ego to have students get an A in a course he never had an A. We cheer such institutions.

For Naija to progress we have to change our mindset.

Baba leave that one.
2 weeks after resumption students don de burn candles .
The knowledge doesn't go to waste even if our lecturers are wicked and sadist.
The grades might be bad but the knowledge can never be bad when we read.
200 levels we don de scatter stats and advance stats.
No time to flex self .
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by davillian(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2019
Jac007:

He needed motivation I guess. Which private university did he run to?
Same covenant .
Leave motivation
He can't stand me when it comes to advanced stats and econometrics
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by davillian(m): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2019
GhettoYute:

Must you lie?? I don’t even grab
I only lie when my life is involved.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by winnah(f): 1:04am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=EzeIgboNwaChukwu post=80460767] don't be so dumb.
when these students pay such excessively high outrageous Fees why won't the lecturers grade them with super marks.
what I know is that assuming I was in covenant university even without reading, my First class or second class upper is sure for me so far I've paid the necessary fees.
These their so called First class graduates have nothing upstairs and majority of them do fumble during interviews.
As an employer of labor I'll chose a 2:2 graduate of uniben over these dumb First class graduates of Covenant poo university[/quot

Can you shout up The level of exam malpractice and paying money to push marks in federal and state school is so outrageous.

Guy guy go to CU, I bet you'll be among the 9 that graduated with 3rd class.

CU produced thinkers and job providers while your state and federal school feed the society with with bunch of job seekers and people like you... Have u seen a first class student of CU hunting for job or unemployed perhaps 0.005%
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by winnah(f): 1:14am On Jul 21, 2019
TruthinAction:

That you pass and gain admission into federal or state school is not an indication that you have something up there.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by BitCraftman: 4:05am On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

First-class in a set shouldn't be up to 2% of the student total population
Only in Nigeria. I am sure you lecture in one of those public universiities.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by shrimati(m): 4:10am On Jul 21, 2019
Congrats and welcome to this Saturated labour market you have to fight hard here sorry most of you have the connection base already.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:12am On Jul 21, 2019
davillian:

Baba leave that one.
2 weeks after resumption students don de burn candles .
The knowledge doesn't go to waste even if our lecturers are wicked and sadist.
The grades might be bad but the knowledge can never be bad when we read.
200 levels we don de scatter stats and advance stats.
No time to flex self .
So because another school award grade duly their own knowledge goes to waste or what are you saying? Or should CU leave the global trend of fairness and follow some imaginary statistical trend in UNIBEN.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:15am On Jul 21, 2019
shrimati:
Congrats and welcome to this Saturated labour market you have to fight hard here sorry most of you have the connection base already.
THE REAL CONNECTION THEY HAVE IS THE REPUTATION OF THE SCHOOL OLDER GRADUATES HAVE CREATED.

Some persons even drink garri to survive in that campus and the have no luxury of going out to hustle.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:19am On Jul 21, 2019
HigherEd:

where you aware that FG under Jonathan Organized pressid - a competition for 1st class grads and three out of three times CU's First class grads led everyone else.
Stop trying to explaining certain thing to hardened dullards. They assume all campus must have a fraternity and army of dullards to go with it. They think they can engineer statistics to explain away failures forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:25am On Jul 21, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
don't be so dumb.
As an employer of labor I'll chose a 2:2 graduate of uniben over these dumb First class graduates of Covenant poo university
Are you aware your federal unis are heavily subsidized to the tune of N400-500k per student per year? Should we now say that the lecturers award marks due to the huge fee paid by FG on behalf of students?
Plus there is NUC and their army of external examiners always prying their eyes trying to catch CU napping.
Guy, give up on that old occult inspired ideology of engineering/manipulating failure statistics to keep people down.

1 Like

Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:29am On Jul 21, 2019
davillian:

Sadist or no sadist
Initiation candle i guess. NBM style. lol
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by CodeTemplar: 4:32am On Jul 21, 2019
davillian:

You right 100%.
On that discussion with them I noticed they had shallow knowledge but we had[b] deep knowledge[/b].
Deep knowledge with no end result.
Talk about sell-able grads.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by mrwiddy(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2019
Kingkun69:
no ur wrong have you seen the difference when a lecturer from a public uni goes for lecture in private they start teaching like its Stanford
of course they would teach like it's brighton since they love the pay and their employer does jot give room for sadism.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by mrwiddy(m): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2019
Although these guys are trying and i respect them for that.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

First-class in a set shouldn't be up to 2% of the student total population

Says Who? So imperial college that has 10-15 %of graduands making first class is a bad school? Just because Lecturers force you to believe suffering equates effort doesn't mean its true. I know persons that were on a GP of less than 2.6/5.0 making solid first class in foreign universities, I know some that even could not scale 240 in jamb making solid first class. The university is supposed to bring out the best in you, so first class should be the target.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2019
naphunlimited:
Breathing ground for stars! grin

Its actually *breeding* not breathing
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Gerrard59(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2019
Ireboya:
245 out of 6000+ and not 1000+ ..get it right man! Make dem come Unilag first, na 3rd class angry

So because the proportion is high, students should not be awarded what they deserve?
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2019
davillian:

Sadist or no sadist
Candle indeed! You should be ashamed for this statement. In this 21st century people are using electric lamp you are talking of candle
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by ibechris(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2019
First class! this is how they will be destroying the future of these children...a first class without being street wise is an invitation to poverty and sorrow.
Re: 215 Bag First Class As Covenant University Graduates 1,580 by Estheraosho(f): 11:00am On Jul 21, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5313478/business-opportunity-lifetime-dont-miss

Partner with Longrich with either 9800, or #25k or #45k or #75k and make your dream life come to past.
Unlimited 5-6-7 figure weekly income.
NB: your money you partner with is given back to you in product form instantly (quality consumable products). So nobody is scamming you or taking your money.

WHAT DOES LONGRICH NIGERIA MULTILEVEL MARKETING HAVE FOR ME?

* Weekly Bonuses paid into your account (every Thursdays).

* Shares 1% of the company’s monthly Turnover (sales) as a VIP member (shareholder)

* Brand new car awards every year.

* All expense paid luxury Vacations abroad 2-3 times yearly.

* 90 million FCA house fund award at Star Director level

* 4 years Executive MBA program at the prestigious REGIS University Colorado USA.

* Scholarship for any degree program for yourself or Anybody of your choice at SOCHOW UNIVERSITY CHINA.

We're a call/WhatsApp away from you +2348094050105

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tukur Buratai: Ebonyi State University Names Institute After General / 10 Common Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist / LASU VC, MOCPED Provost Locked Out As Unions Begin Strike In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.