Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) (642 Views)

NOI/ANAP Poll Results Since 2011 (Pictures) / Peter Obi Rebuilt A School In Abia State In 2019 (picture) / ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by Softcash(m): 9:55am On Jul 20, 2019
Has It Was released by a twitter user, who went into making research of what is viral about the killings.
The twitter user name @AmakaAnku wrote these:

With a lot of talk these days about insecurity in #Nigeria, I decided to take a look at what the data says about whether it is rising or falling (regardless of the mostly political rhetoric). Here’s what I found, c/f
@CFR_org
- suggests much fewer deaths today than in 2014/2015.
Link to database here: (link: https://www.cfr.org/nigeria/nigeria-security-tracker/p29483) cfr.org/nigeria/nigeri…

Compilations are based on #Nigeria news/media reports, which of course has its own issues, but at least the database is consistent over time. They’ve been tracking media reports contemporaneously since 2011.

Re: Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2019
Killing is not rising I must say. But the numbers of IDPs is skyrocketing. Buhari is using Fulani militias to unsettle the country
Re: Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by donbachi(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Regardless of the evil happenings and negative side of nigeria..i still wish to come back as a nigerian in my next world...#proudly9ja

1 Like

Re: Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by rottennaija(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2019
donbachi:
Regardless of the evil happenings and negative side of nigeria..i still wish to come back as a nigerian in my next world...#proudly9ja

Not me. Given the opportunity to choice, I'll choose one of the Scandinavian countries
Re: Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by ORIENTATION101: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2019
Even though we have to admit insecurity is a major concern especially the herdsmen issue.
Victims of boko Haram from 2012 to 2015 is second to casualties of civil wars. At a point boko Haram was killing almost 100 figures in every attack in 2014.t the most popular of the attacks was 300 people that died at nyanya bombing in Abuja
Herdsmen millitia groups too was on rampaged that period. Former benue governor suswan convoy exchange bullets with them .
With the rate of killings and gun circulations in Nigeria America predicted the break up so 2014 was the worst year for Nigeria after civil war. insecurity and ailing Economy after price of crude oil crashed. Aunty Ngozi and former cbn gov soludo predicted the imminent recession which comes to pass

2 Likes

Re: Is Killing In Nigeria Rising? Check This Data Out, Since 2011 - 2019 (picture) by nototribalist: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2019
Who did the counting of the dead

(1) (Reply)

South-east Governors Agree To Establish Forest Guards, Fund Cattle Rearing / Gov. Bello Sends Message To Dangote Over Death Of 3 Relations / Breaking News: PDP Governorship Primary Turns Bloody As Gunmen Disrupt It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.