Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] (48840 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Pavarottii(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Where is my musa and iwobi
U think is Nigeria 11?
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by PopeFlatino(m): 12:26am On Jul 21, 2019
Those two made our performance awful..I watched the team performance closely and discovered that most of our players like Omeruo,Awaziem,Aina,Etebo has improved so well...Ndidi was at his best at d earlier stages but faded away slightly at d later stages which wasn't discovered because Etebo covers his errors.
Collins has been d perfect left back but couldn't just predict Mahrez at d semi finals.
Ighalo and Ekong where just there,not so fantastic but they are always lucky.
Unfortunately I couldn't see more of d talented Onyekuru but Chukwueze keep improving as well

But u see that Musa that always goes on d run,nothing comes out at d end,he rushes passes in a bid not to appear selfish but it's either too heavy or to no one in particular.

But Iwobi, despite contributing to 3 goals wasn't in form at all,he is always clueless,he even avoids legs,Can't take risk,can't dribble,spoils counters,infact that Tunisia match was the worst I have seen from him,, everything he does goes wrong,he had d chances to either score or fire an assist for us to go ahead of Algeria in d semis but he played shots like a toddler

Finally ,Akeyi cry The main reason we didn't win the afcon
seunmohmoh:

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by BENEAMATA: 12:46am On Jul 21, 2019
namiji2598:
they should organise a friendly match between this our team and Watford and let's see

AFCON best 11 Vs Watford united
at watford wan die ? dem never born liverpool , ucl champion sef well ! cheesy
namiji2598:
they should organise a friendly match between this our team and Watford and let's see

at watford wan die ? dem never born liverpool , ucl champion sef well !
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by SmartyPants(m): 1:42am On Jul 21, 2019
Corlarde:
CAF has come again
Troost Ekong is the best defender in this tournament

He wasn't even the best Nigerian defender.

Omeruo was the best, never directly culpable in any goals and scored a crucial goal

Awaziem was the next best as he was always solid.

Then you can talk about Ekong.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by SmartyPants(m): 1:44am On Jul 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:

I think they should be in Nigeria at the moment. Hope I've answered your question?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by SmartyPants(m): 1:49am On Jul 21, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Those two made our performance awful..I watched the team performance closely and discovered that most of our players like Omeruo,Awaziem,Aina,Etebo has improved so well...Ndidi was at his best at d earlier stages but faded away slightly at d later stages which wasn't discovered because Etebo covers his errors.
Collins has been d perfect left back but couldn't just predict Mahrez at d semi finals.
Unfortunately I couldn't see more of d talented Onyekuru but Chukwueze keep improving as well

But u see that Musa that always goes on d run,nothing comes out at d end,he rushes passes in a bid not to appear selfish but it's either too heavy or to no one in particular.

But Iwobi, despite contributing to 3 goals wasn't in form at all,he is always clueless,he even avoids legs,Can't take risk,can't dribble,spoils counters,infact that Tunisia match was the worst I have seen from him,, everything he does goes wrong,he had d chances to either score or fire an assist for us to go ahead of Algeria in d semis but he played shots like a toddler

Please explain how Ighalo was lucky?

1st goal - Brilliant run, Brilliant finish
2nd goal - great positioning and instictinve of siblings with a bit of luck
3rd goal - great positioning, great finish
4th goal - high pressure penalty coolly done
5th goal - high determination and fight

Are those not the attributes of a great striker?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by airsaylongcon: 1:52am On Jul 21, 2019
Corlarde:
CAF has come again
Troost Ekong is the best defender in this tournament

After an own goal and being responsible for the South African equaliser?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by shrimati(m): 3:44am On Jul 21, 2019
Odion Ighalo surely deserves it, I wish he has not called it a shot with Super eagles. Meanwhile if you are in Alimosho Axis, check my signature.,.... For ATS and ICAN classes.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by oneTIMEman(m): 5:33am On Jul 21, 2019
FisifunKododada:
Fake list with no Ndidi. Also how did Mane who played poo throughout make the list?
fake list joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by oneTIMEman(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2019
namiji2598:

even tolouse fc that love losing will win them
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Susu888(m): 5:50am On Jul 21, 2019
Biased list... Awaziem deserves a spot in the defence, the best right back in this Afcon... nigga was unbeatable by all who came through his side. We got fvcked through Ekong's ground nd Collins.

After awaziem , Etebo self deserves a spot in the midfield. The guy dey try(tackles nd passes).

Like i said the team was picked by a biased person. Bennacer my ass... algerians got lucky with us angry , if not for that free kick fvck up we would have whooped their asses in extra time( arab players lack stamina) cuz we were still in form barely looking tired but dem niggas where gasping for breath every 5 steps praying for the referee's whistle to rescue them.

It showed again (lack of stamina) in their match against SENEGAL!! They were hanging by the thread. Shitty team that got lucky lipsrsealed , Senegal deserved that cup.

Stamina is a must for a football player,without it a player is incomplete no matter how good.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Samunique(m): 6:01am On Jul 21, 2019
Good for Ighalo

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by ScotMisile: 6:10am On Jul 21, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Are you okay? Mane scored against SE? Did SE play Senegal? If you don't know the difference between Mahrez and Mane please stop commenting on Nairaland football posts.

And he even got likes for that error!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by cosef: 6:10am On Jul 21, 2019
Pavarottii:

With the own goal?

Did you watch the said 'own goal'? How did it happen, tell us?
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by ScotMisile: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2019
BabaIbo:
Nonsense list, Wolverhampton FC go demolish this team talk more of bigger clubs...

Africa still has a lot of work to do when it comes to football, in fact for everything they get work to do

Why not start the work. .. at least you're also African
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by femi4: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2019
FisifunKododada:
Fake list with no Ndidi. Also how did Mane who played poo throughout make the list?
Mane scored thrice, won at least one man of the match award. He deserved to be there

Ndidi and the best player of the tournament play in the same position
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by joshjc(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2019
Susu888:
Biased list... Awaziem deserves a spot in the defence, the best right back in this Afcon... nigga was unbeatable by all who came through his side. We got fvcked through Ekong's ground nd Collins.

After awaziem , Etebo self deserves a spot in the midfield. The guy dey try(tackles nd passes).

Like i said the team was picked by a biased person. Bennacer my ass... algerians got lucky with us angry , if not for that free kick fvck up we would have whooped their asses in extra time( arab players lack stamina) cuz we were still in form barely looking tired but dem niggas where gasping for breath every 5 steps praying for the referee's whistle to rescue them.

It showed again (lack of stamina) in their match against SENEGAL!! They were hanging by the thread. Shitty team that got lucky lipsrsealed , Senegal deserved that cup.

Stamina is a must for a football player,without it a player is incomplete no matter how good.
Algeria right back was better before he got injured
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by metroid(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2019
Many commenting negatively here about the list only watched super eagles matches

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by commanderjj(m): 7:24am On Jul 21, 2019
nigeria players the give me joy... no wahala, next time shall tell. cool
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Aystarz: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2019
Samanza89:
Etebo... An unsung hero in the super eagles squad... Them pack Senegal and Algeria full the list ... Nonsense!...

This is exactly why the list is a big joke
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by otokx(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2019
Welldone CAF.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by seunmohmoh(f): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Olarewaju89:
Them dey their house now go and check them there grin grin angry

cheesy cheesy Happy sunday
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by seunmohmoh(f): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Pavarottii:

U think is Nigeria 11?
Come again please
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by PopeFlatino(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2019
I have nothing to explain..go watch Aguero,icardi,Lewandiwski,Raul Jimenez,Mitrovic or even that Algeria striker and see how sharp ,quick and dangerous a striker is meant to be...Ighalo is lucky because most goals he scored are mere rebounds and one touch tap ins
because he positions well that's all....he is lazy and can be selfish most times aswell
SmartyPants:

Please explain how Ighalo was lucky?

1st goal - Brilliant run, Brilliant finish
2nd goal - great positioning and instictinve of siblings with a bit of luck
3rd goal - great positioning, great finish
4th goal - high pressure penalty coolly done
5th goal - high determination and fight

Are those not the attributes of a great striker?
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by seunmohmoh(f): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2019
PopeFlatino:

SORRY DEAR
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by seunmohmoh(f): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2019
SmartyPants:

I think they should be in Nigeria at the moment. Hope I've answered your question?
cheesy cheesy
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Damfostopper(m): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2019
Great XI..... it's only ighalo from Nigeria that deserves to be there........
he is the only Nigerian player that stood out......
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] by Deepfeel(m): 8:21am On Jul 21, 2019
Senegal has a perfect team, they should have won the trophy luck wasn't just on their side, those guys did brilliantly well on the pitch even against Algeria they outsmart them the Algerian gimmick didn't work on them like it worked on Nigeria, luck wasn't just on the side of Senegal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. / Manchester United Reacts To Removing A Huge Mural Of Cristiano Ronaldo / Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.