Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? (26870 Views)

Christian Women Show Off Amazing Dance Steps While Dancing To 'Overdose' Song / Five Hideous Profanations That Has Crept Into The Church / Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by FIDELISFIDECENT: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2019
Some dance steps could be termed "worldly" but then, who was there during the time of David in the bible to confirm that his dance steps were "worldly" or "decent".
If his dance steps were "decent or missionary" as we assumed, could his clothes have torn while he was dancing?
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by akdjr(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
Is the there actually any godly dance? People are dancing to the song being sang in the church and u are referring to their dancing step as worldly just because other people dance it in club.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by ojhandsome(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
Omooba77:
Part of worshiping God is by dancing and singing praises to His name. The word ‘dancing’ appears 74 times in the Holy Bible to underline its importance in worshiping God; it is also seen as a way to honour God.

Generally, dancing is used to express feelings of joy and jubilation. People dance to celebrate events, victories and goodness in their lives, as no sane person dances in time of sorrow, except as a sign of expressing faith in God in such difficult moment.

Many observers believe some churches have imported worldly and ‘crazy’ dance steps into the church especially in congregations that have more youthful membership. Dance steps like ‘soco’, ‘shaku-shaku’, ‘legbegbe’, ‘it’s a goal’ and the recent one ‘soapy’, are seen in most churches during praise and worship.

Observers also noted that dancing in church must be done with a heart to see God, receive glory and praises rather than for the purpose of receiving attention. And anybody with a sincere heart to praise God through dance would not seek the attention of a crowd, nor will the person demand a prominent place in the gathering.

Such a person will be satisfied with dancing in a back corner of the sanctuary than on the front stage. If a person desires attention for himself through dancing during a church service, then he has ceased to truly praise God and is seeking praise for himself.

Observers also argued that when a dance is choreographed, it is no longer in praises to God, but has turned entertainment. According to them, those who danced in the Bible did not plan it, neither did they practice it. It was not in the church bulletin. It was a spontaneous tribute to God that can never be duplicated.

Even if it happens over and over again, it is not duplication. Sometimes it happens in the beginning of the service, other times at the end of the service. Sometimes it lasts a minute. At other times, it can go on till the end of the service. But in the end, it is not planned and that should be the defining factor in dancing in the church.

Those holding this position have severally asked: “When one rehearses in order to learn the steps and movements, then is it really dancing to praise God or dancing for the entertainment of the congregation?

Right Rev. Monsignor John Aniagwu, the Vicar General Catholic, Archdiocese of Lagos, stated, “Music has been critical aspect of Christian worship, going all the way to the Bible. This is talking about the Psalms-songs composed to accompany worship in the Jewish tradition and when Christianity came along, the culture was brought into Christianity.

“The Christian church has always been involved in worship of God. Saint Paul even admonished that Psalms be used in Christian worship. Secular music is for the secular place and not for the church. I mean you don’t come to the church and start playing calypso; it is in order in places like the theatre.

“When you come to the church, your music has to be of a certain character, very solemn and uplifting music. We do dance in church but it is a different type which is modest and different from that of the secular way.”

Rev. Obed Ezeonye, the Senior Pastor, Excellent Glory Christian Center Iju, Lagos, in his contribution, said: “We need to take cognisance of different cultures in Nigeria and other countries as culture helps to shape people’s attitude and the way they dance.

“Responding to this issue will mean understanding the culture of people. Culture simply means the way of life of a given people. The African people have a culture. The European people have their culture. The Jewish people have their culture.

“There is cultural blend or conflicts. When two cultures conflict, we call it craze or crazy.

“Now we have the church culture, right? The church culture has undergone changes over the years with modern technologies. From clapping of hands to local use of drums, and to highly sophisticated instruments that release different sounds and lyrics.

https://www.independent.ng/has-worldly-crazy-dance-steps-creep-into-churches/

Dancing was NEVER used to worship GOD in the bible it was brought in by today Christians
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by toprealman: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
anonimi:

Are you being David-like as a Christian or are you being Christ-like.
Take your warning and use it for yourself.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6434374_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71
I know your type......na today!
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by fabienjoe: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
dingbang:
Oh ye judgers , please God gave you ass to shake it . so shake it in the house of the lord because of his blessings, shake it to shame the devil. People who dont like your dance steps can go to hell

So, the reason God gave a woman her backside is so she would shake it? And why was she given the gash and the tits? I'm really distraught at Nigerian reinvention of this beautiful religion of the pious and sinless Jesus Christ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
No disciple or apostle of Christ EVER danced as a form of worshipping God. Check ur facts. If u say because David and Solomon danced, u can as well marry as much as they did and also kill as they did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by meobizy(f): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
So we’re going to act like this isn’t the fifth time this topic is making the front page?
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by seguno2: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
akdjr:
Is the there actually any godly dance? People are dancing to the song being sang in the church and u are referring to their dancing step as worldly just because other people dance it in club.

Did Jesus Christ and his apostles ever dance?
Are you sure that you are a Christian

1 Like

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by seguno2: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
FIDELISFIDECENT:
Some dance steps could be termed "worldly" but then, who was there during the time of David in the bible to confirm that his dance steps were "worldly" or "decent".
If his dance steps were "decent or missionary" as we assumed, could his clothes have torn while he was dancing?

David ko, Dauda ni.
Are you a Christian or what are you

1 Like

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by ElsonMorali: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
VRDroid:

Evolution is not linear, so were the teachings of the occult organizations who designed religions as a growth curve that one has to grow through before progressing the ladder to Divinity. That itself has become dogmatic and is not very much different from what Religions have become, which is why the occult organizations have so far been abandoned because as the founding fathers of FreeMason, Rosicrucian and the rest of the organization progressed, they realized that the world is more of a simulated reality than some spiritual woo-woo.

Over 20 years ago, I was a neophyte, so your assumption that I am some atheist who has seen the errors in Religion and is moving through the ladder towards divinity is just an assumption, and is not true. I am not a Chela, not a neophyte.

Time is not linear and in the same vein, the knowledge trajectory to understanding the dynamics of the Universe is not linear too, so it is best to abandon what does not answer the ultimate questions and seek what works and the occult organizations have since been abandoned by the Research arm of those organizations because they found out about the true nature of our reality, but those organizations still exist to help people find a way out of Religions and still have a sense of belonging.

But if we must do something drastic about knowing the mechanics of the Universe, it is best to shut down all religions and al occult organizations and focus our attention of facts that Science and Technology has help us uncover about the true nature of our reality.

It is beyond what occult can know, occult organizations are better than Religions, but there is yet a greater truth.

Arguing about religion or faith or beliefs is pointless. We are all at the level we are. Our spiritual progress determined by each lifetime we live. There's no point really. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

By the way, there's no where in my post where I mentioned your spiritual journey, you may want to check again to confirm. I don't know you and I don't make such assumptions. It's not necessary. Also, science deals with things that can be seen and felt by the material senses. No matter how powerful the magnitudeof the microscope or telescope it can never detect the Spirit. Science and Technology will only take humanity so far, but no further.

It has taken humanity thousands of years to discover a blurry picture of a black hole. The observable universe alone is of so great a magnitude, even the human mind can't comprehend it. And that's just the observable universe that we can see from our infinitely tiny corner of space.

The Bible is filled with occultic sayings. Only those who know will understand.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by dingbang(m): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2019
fabienjoe:

So, the reason God gave a woman her backside is so she would shake it? And why was she given the gash and the tits? I'm really distraught at Nigerian reinvention of this beautiful religion of the pious and sinless Jesus Christ..
na so.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Lovelyn451(f): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
What do u expect when the singers and those playing instruments sing to entertain not to praise God, my Vicar had to stop them for changing a particular song to raggae and rap, even the drummer and pianist was already playing in tune to the mumu rap

1 Like

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Dalby(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
Omooba77:
Part of worshiping God is by dancing and singing praises to His name. The word ‘dancing’ appears 74 times in the Holy Bible to underline its importance in worshiping God; it is also seen as a way to honour God.

Generally, dancing is used to express feelings of joy and jubilation. People dance to celebrate events, victories and goodness in their lives, as no sane person dances in time of sorrow, except as a sign of expressing faith in God in such difficult moment.

Many observers believe some churches have imported worldly and ‘crazy’ dance steps into the church especially in congregations that have more youthful membership. Dance steps like ‘soco’, ‘shaku-shaku’, ‘legbegbe’, ‘it’s a goal’ and the recent one ‘soapy’, are seen in most churches during praise and worship.

Observers also noted that dancing in church must be done with a heart to see God, receive glory and praises rather than for the purpose of receiving attention. And anybody with a sincere heart to praise God through dance would not seek the attention of a crowd, nor will the person demand a prominent place in the gathering.

Such a person will be satisfied with dancing in a back corner of the sanctuary than on the front stage. If a person desires attention for himself through dancing during a church service, then he has ceased to truly praise God and is seeking praise for himself.

Observers also argued that when a dance is choreographed, it is no longer in praises to God, but has turned entertainment. According to them, those who danced in the Bible did not plan it, neither did they practice it. It was not in the church bulletin. It was a spontaneous tribute to God that can never be duplicated.

Even if it happens over and over again, it is not duplication. Sometimes it happens in the beginning of the service, other times at the end of the service. Sometimes it lasts a minute. At other times, it can go on till the end of the service. But in the end, it is not planned and that should be the defining factor in dancing in the church.

Those holding this position have severally asked: “When one rehearses in order to learn the steps and movements, then is it really dancing to praise God or dancing for the entertainment of the congregation?

Right Rev. Monsignor John Aniagwu, the Vicar General Catholic, Archdiocese of Lagos, stated, “Music has been critical aspect of Christian worship, going all the way to the Bible. This is talking about the Psalms-songs composed to accompany worship in the Jewish tradition and when Christianity came along, the culture was brought into Christianity.

“The Christian church has always been involved in worship of God. Saint Paul even admonished that Psalms be used in Christian worship. Secular music is for the secular place and not for the church. I mean you don’t come to the church and start playing calypso; it is in order in places like the theatre.

“When you come to the church, your music has to be of a certain character, very solemn and uplifting music. We do dance in church but it is a different type which is modest and different from that of the secular way.”

Rev. Obed Ezeonye, the Senior Pastor, Excellent Glory Christian Center Iju, Lagos, in his contribution, said: “We need to take cognisance of different cultures in Nigeria and other countries as culture helps to shape people’s attitude and the way they dance.

“Responding to this issue will mean understanding the culture of people. Culture simply means the way of life of a given people. The African people have a culture. The European people have their culture. The Jewish people have their culture.

“There is cultural blend or conflicts. When two cultures conflict, we call it craze or crazy.

“Now we have the church culture, right? The church culture has undergone changes over the years with modern technologies. From clapping of hands to local use of drums, and to highly sophisticated instruments that release different sounds and lyrics.

https://www.independent.ng/has-worldly-crazy-dance-steps-creep-into-churches/

Have you been to heaven to know what heavenly dance is like and what constitutes worldly, crazy dance undecided undecided undecided
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Moneywirer: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
kulay1:
You can't dance like a vixen on Friday
and ask God to the fixing on Sunday!

In the house of God, modesty and simplicity should be employed.

Let it shine.... I remember that movie
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by raphy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
The only church I know that does not dance is deeperlife.they are just too boring like someone is dead.

All the rest can dance like David dance.

What is the need to sing in church if not to shake body n do leg works ..

This sermon too long joor.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by archat: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
see goat i n blame u sha.no b today now e don teyyyy
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Francoly11: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
rentAcock:
You are allowed to dance for Jesus just as you are allowed to sing praises of his name. You can dance galala, skelewu, azonto, shaku shaku for all you care, Jesus loves all forms of praise and worship. What isn't allowed is any dance that is sexually suggestive such as twerking or grinding next to the opposite sex.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Francoly11: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
rentAcock:
You are allowed to dance for Jesus just as you are allowed to sing praises of his name. You can dance galala, skelewu, azonto, shaku shaku for all you care, Jesus loves all forms of praise and worship. What isn't allowed is any dance that is sexually suggestive such as twerking or grinding next to the opposite sex.
thank you bro,thats d truth
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by iamsonofthunder: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2019
VRDroid:
All dances are movement of the body parts in systemic rhythms that is pleasing to the eyes and entertaining to the soul.

The Church is not a House of God, but a place where Sinners go to, in order to learn how to behave, so the Church is the place for the worst human beings, so dancing helps them forget their sorrows as 'sinners'.

However, what is worrisome is expecting a thoroughly healthy person to visit a hospital once a week for the rest of their lives. It bothers me that good people still go to Churches and Mosques which were designed as places to go for repentance for sinners. You are not supposed to go to Churches and Mosques once you have repented of your 'sinful' ways, just as I do not expect a healthy person to go to Hositals once a week, for wha?

Another worrisome reason which makes me think that Religious persons have lost it is, I do not expect to read my Primary One text book from my 6th year on Earth till my 100th Birthday.

The Koran and Bible were designed with specific chapters and verses which a serious religious person can completely finish reading in 6 months, and I took time to go through both Koran and Bible's 66 books within a year and I manage the tolerate the stories of Murder, madness, hatred of the Gods in those 'Holy' Books and I believe it is an insult to the brain to continue reading for 100years when there are over a million other books to read. It is akin to reading my Primary One text book for the rest of my life.

It is mentally retarding and I think it is the reason that all Religious Countries have mentally retarding populace except the few who have moved on to read greater books in technologies and science.

Suffice it to say that those who criticise dancing of any form in Churches are satanic. What is more satanic than stalling the brain, making people not to think on their own, and forcing them to speak languages they do not really understand just to filled the subconscious with useless languages called Arabic, for Islamists and 'Tongues' (Worst things I have ever heard spoken) which has no meaning at all in human languages. It is akin to channeling entities from frequencies and dimensions outside of our Ultra-violet-Infrared spectrum of consciousness without real knowledge of the entity being channeled. It is foolish to believe that any Channeled Entity is God. It is Silly, cos there are so many spectrums and frequencies of Consciousness that the brain can tune into, even the Human heart can tune into different dimensions and speaking in tongues does not mean you are talking to God, you could has well be channeling a very malevolent entity and whole churches are built around the ignorant mechanics of sciences in the name of spirituality.

Religions are not the best way to know your designer and creator.

Now you want to take away the Sexy dances from the Church? Mbannu, let them dance sexy, I love it when girls dance sexy in church and it is the only reason I will like to visit churches sometimes. I want to see sexy ladies dancing. The Church has always been a sexy place.
I don't know you but I know General relativity, I don't know you but I know Newton's law, I don't know you but I know Thomas Edison light bulb, all these men were Christians who contributed to what you are enjoying today, If you think you know better do something great and I will subscribe to your mentality.

Finally please clap for your life for being a spiritual mumu
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Image123(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
rentAcock:

If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him. It's a simple sentence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Image123(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
raphy:
The only church I know that does not dance is deeperlife.they are just too boring like someone is dead.

All the rest can dance like David dance.

What is the need to sing in church if not to shake body n do leg works ..

This sermon too long joor.

How did David dance? You think he was dancing like an idol worshipper? Or you think it was his dance that made him please God. Why do all the sinners think they should only copy David by dancing, how many minutes did he use to dance compared to all he did to serve God in his generation.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Arguing about religion or faith or beliefs is pointless. We are all at the level we are. Our spiritual progress determined by each lifetime we live. There's no point really. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

By the way, there's no where in my post where I mentioned your spiritual journey, you may want to check again to confirm. I don't know you and I don't make such assumptions. It's not necessary. Also, science deals with things that can be seen and felt by the material senses. No matter how powerful the magnitudeof the microscope or telescope it can never detect the Spirit. Science and Technology will only take humanity so far, but no further.

It has taken humanity thousands of years to discover a blurry picture of a black hole. The observable universe alone is of so great a magnitude, even the human mind can't comprehend it. And that's just the observable universe that we can see from our infinitely tiny corner of space.

The Bible is filled with occultic sayings. Only those who know will understand.

You have a long way to go. The level of Science you are talking about is still classic Newtonian Physics which is very much of an elemental observation Science.

That is the level of Science that lacks answers and is parallel to religions. Newtonian Physics has limitations and will not answer the basic questions of LIFE so if you are still gropping with that then religion and occult science will still make sense to you but to me those are not really worth wasting time on. I went pass that along time ago probably over 10 years ago which means Big Bang is not true. Was just an hypotheses and Same with the theory of black hole. Just a wrong horse there.

The facts of the Multidimensional nature of the Omniverse could easily be explained with Quantum Mechanics and Simulated Nature of our Reality and physical reality as a subset of a larger consciousness system.

So ignore those occult mumbo jumbo and steer towards Quantum Cosmology and Solid State Physics and I strongly recommend the works of Nikola Tesla , Schrodinger and Bell regarding Wave, Frequencies and Vibation and you will uncover the mechanics of what is called Spirituality. It's not the woo woo that occult science is brooding about. It is Advance Sciences and you can do magic with it and materialise desires bass on pure scientific understanding of the wave particulate nature of LIFE and Existence. Its all consciousness states coherency under meditation and hypnosis. Nothing occult or spiritual about anything.

Take care

1 Like

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Image123(m): 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
Dalby:

Have you been to heaven to know what heavenly dance is like and what constitutes worldly, crazy dance undecided undecided undecided

Do you really have to go to Heaven to know crazy dance? The lust of the flesh and eyes, the pride of life is the world. Any dance inciting lust, lascivious and depravity is simply not godly. Do strip dancers have to go to school to know how to dance seductively? Do those girls in secular music videos need high level training to know worldly dance and what is needed for their videos? Are Christians supposed to be so dumb they need definition and demonstration before knowing a kind of dance is crazy?
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
iamsonofthunder:
I don't know you but I know General relativity, I don't know you but I know Newton's law, I don't know you but I know Thomas Edison light bulb, all these men were Christians who contributed to what you are enjoying today, If you think you know better do something great and I will subscribe to your mentality.

Finally please clap for your life for being a spiritual mumu

Did I expect any sane and emotionally discolored answer from the foolishness called religious people ?

I am not disappointed in you. Cos I know enough to expect such from those who worship my brothers.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
FIDELISFIDECENT:

David's clothes tore? That's new. So anyone whose clothes tear must be doing something indecent. Hope your clothes tear everytime you dance so as to dance like David?
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Wwildcard(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
woow so its cool to dance worldly on Monday to Saturday but not on sunday abii stupid hypocrites thank God i dont go to church

1 Share

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by iamsonofthunder: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2019
VRDroid:

Did I expect any sane and emotionally discolored answer from the foolishness called religious people ?

I am not disappointed in you. Cos I know enough to expect such from those who worship my brothers.
tongue tongue tongue blind man spotted.

When you start hearing about James Moses come back to this post and see how blind you were.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by xendra: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
hahaha it didn't creep joor! it boldly walks into the church.
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
xendra:
hahaha it didn't creep joor! it boldly walks into the church.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

1 Like

Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by akdjr(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
Who were those that prayed and dance till holy ghost came down?quote author=seguno2 post=80485356]

Did Jesus Christ and his apostles ever dance?
Are you sure that you are a Christian[/quote]
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by CaptainFM1: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
When Beenie Man sang..."Move to the left in the name of Jesus, Move to the right in the name of the Lord, Could I see you just shake that booty that Jesus gave you...." People say its a gospel song.

A gospel song that makes people to use bootie to scatter churches. A song that is played in clubs and joints... The problems that these new generational churches will create, I hope the world will be able to handle them!
Re: Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? by poik(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
kulay1:
You can't dance like a vixen on Friday
and ask God to the fixing on Sunday!

In the house of God, modesty and simplicity should be employed.

You don turn that boy father for Let It Shine abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Married Pastors Who Died In An Accident While Returning From A Crusade / Church Members Flog 'Poverty' With Canes In Church Premises (Photos, Video) / Pastor Adeboye Lays Foundation Of Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.