Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,172 members, 7,953,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings (443 Views)

Church Members Seen Rushing To Tap God's Blessings From Their Pastor's Car / God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone / 4 Ways You Can "Honor Your Father And Mother" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings by nwizy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
Trust me when I say it's painful after going through rigorous fasting and binding and loosing, and at the end after many months or years everything seems to appear the same as they were. However, there is nothing wrong with our God answering your prayer, perhaps the following reasons prevented your prayers from materializing:

1) You ​​​​​​​​​​haven't asked in faith

Let me drop it plainly, if you want to succeed in walking with God, then you must see what you believe, not believe what you see. Many just bash into God's presence with their own plan or version of how God's blessings should look like on them, therefore making them to see unlimited impossibilities when things goes left.

And, ​​​​​​If I were to ask, do you have a personal ( hidden ) plan B before and after praying? If yes. Then you are at fault. For you still believe stronger in your abilities than God, the creator of your abilities. That's why you're placing Him as backup Man. So when your abilities fails, then you return to Him with another new devised plan leaving away his 'say'. Oh! Poor boy, the process of planning praying and failing will keep on going until you ask God for His will, "dear Lord what's thy will? Just let thy will be done. None of me but, all of you." Jesus didn't just want you to cast your plans on how you want Him to bless you, but cast your cares( problems ) with faith not wavering, and He shall give you rest. Furthermore, for concrete biblical say on faith while praying read James 1:6.

2) It's All About You

Me. Me. Me. " Oh Lord bless me. Do this for me. Oh Father! You are yet to do this for me. Father, please I want this by..." Hello! Life is not about you. However, the Bible can't be broken because of your selfish desires to heap unto yourself inner pride, which God hates the most. Read Proverbs 6:16-19.

Therefore, if you want God's blessing you must change your selfish reasoning mentality. Why not think, feel for the pains of others and pray for them. Pray for their salvation of their souls. Why not pray for God's blessing in order to bless others. To lend unto nations, and lands beyond your reach. My brother that's how to attract God's blessing. And be sincere while praying. In fact let your actions never negate your prayer points.

3) You're never grateful

​​​​​

Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessing; name them one by one, and it will surprise you want the Lord has done. Thank God for every little thing, even the weather: whether or not it's favourable. "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.", Psalm 103:2. ​​Thanking God for the past deeds is a sign you recognizes His presence and also a sign of believing in His great potency of solving today's situation. Therefore, keep thanking God to victory.

4) Your sinfulness

The hands of the Lord is not short to save but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:1,2. If you want God's blessings that brings no shame or pain, please do away with sin and every sinful means of generating money.

In conclusion, if you're expecting God's touch on your health, marriages and behavioural and social life - put them in prayer with strong faith, a pure heart( come just as you are without pretence for forgiveness of sin not because of the prayer but for the long term), and forever giving thanks to Him. Therefore, without doubt expect the unexpected from God. And, please be very patient with God, for what He seals, nobody on earth can go against it.

source: www.iinora.com
Re: 4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings by jwals: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
Thank you

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
God Bless You For This
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one person sharpens another Proverbs 27:17.
Good afternoon FAM and Happy Sunday to you all.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Might Be Preventing God's Blessings by nwizy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
God Bless You For This
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one person sharpens another Proverbs 27:17.
Good afternoon FAM and Happy Sunday to you all.

Amen. And You too.

(1) (Reply)

Aid Worker Abducted By Boko Haram Claims Leah Sharibu Is Allegedly Dead / "The Priest Offered Me 30 Dollars To Suck His D*ck"---undercover Female Cop / 'You Served Jesus Well': Christian Leaders Respond To Reinhard Bonnke's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.