Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? (2116 Views)

Why Won't Nigerian Economy Be In Mess / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by uchae25: 11:32pm On Oct 13, 2010
I have been emailing Nigerian Politicians put know reply why?
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Oct 13, 2010
I can tell you this, It is probably safe to conclude that they do not have access to their own emails, and maybe do not even know how to use a computer in the first place. I have tried over and over to email quite a couple and I am sure those emails are sitting unopened in dusty in-boxes with no clue when they will be accessed next no response to date and no out-of-office response set.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Mobinga: 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!  grin grin grin grin E be like say you no know where u dey? This is west Africa not Rotterdam
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by teeboyseve(m): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
What do Nigerian Politicians know abt internet? Those dull bastards, all of em are the same. NO SAINT.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by isimili: 12:27am On Oct 14, 2010
Answer, majority of them are educated illiterates and had never used a computer. They have been given email addresses because it is trendy to say that you have an email address. Email their pas instead. They may respond if they are not fighting over a Ghana must go drooped by their bosses.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by isimili: 12:29am On Oct 14, 2010
On another note try registered speed delivery or dhl if you can afford it. Because they know that you can track these ones, they will give you and off the cuff response. Good luck
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Onlytruth(m): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2010
They are busy counting their money. They don't like being "disturbed". Wait until they leave office. They will come to your house sef if you want.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by HamidO1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
isimili:

Answer, majority of them are educated illiterates and had never used a computer. They have been given email addresses because it is trendy to say that you have an email address. Email their pas instead. They may respond if they are not fighting over a Ghana must go drooped by their bosses.

LOL
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by OmoTier1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2010
Again most of the responses posted so far highlight the typical Nigerian way of answering questions: Assumptions statements without FACTS. The truth to be told is that well over 70% of Nigerian politicians can use the internet/computer.

The reason most of them never reply e-mails can only be known when a sane Nigerian with bold minds carrys out a research to find out why rather than mere assumptions!

By the way, to the OP: Could it be that the content of your e-mail was irritating/insulting to the Politicians?
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by bjcisse: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
Onlytruth:

They are busy counting their money. They don't like being "disturbed". Wait until they leave office. They will come to your house sef if you want.

Funny!

Please Vote Nuhu Ribadu 2011
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by lovethokoh: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
the truth is that since they were zoned or selected to occupy the post,they owe no allegiance to the constituency or the people they claim to be representing.infact they are after Ghana Must Go bags. Their proper tiltle should be Members of House of REPRESENTATHIEVES.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by fstranger: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
Why send emails when you can call them. Mugunta!
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by jude33084(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
well, thats not totally true. Adams Oshiomole do reply his mails at least at times because I cant speak 4 All.
Try Adams.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by tpiah: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2010
they should hire somebody who does nothing but answer their emails i guess.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2010
It is all cos they dont give a damn about the people they are ought to represent.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by cammax7(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Its simple- cos he has nothing to say. No answers to ur questions. Nigerian politicians who are intellectually deficient. Tsk
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
fstranger:

Why send emails when you can call them. Mugunta!

I am guessing you have never really tried calling yourself for you to make such a statement. Even the post office played around with me for over a month. lol
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by whatalife: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
@poster ,
Nigerian law makers are nothing but a shameful politician who flaunt there ignorance every where they go.An honorable (state house of assembly in my state ) visited my internet cafe about 2 years ago he demanded to see the manager so was brought to my office , the following conversation started:

Honorable : Please how much does it cost to open an email address?
cafe manager: just N100 naira
Honorable: Too bad of me , i was in america last week an  American business man requested for my email address i told him i dont have one, the american exclaimed and saw in him he was disappointed  though i gave him my phone number, so i promise him i will procure one when i get back to my country.
cafe manager: he gave me 1000 naira and said he thought it will cost him a fortune.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by kokoye(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^ 100naira to open a free yahoo / hotmail address?

Na wah o. You be thief.

And then we blame the politicians for stealing.

Why did you not educate him on the need to get his own domain / website? that way you wouldve have been decent and made more money instead of selling free yahoo yahoo.

All of us na army robber  cheesy
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^ Selling free yahoo account or selling him internet time to create his own internet account? That is actually cheap considering it will probably take the average person about 5 minutes(internet time) to open an email account online.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by occam(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Again most of the responses posted so far highlight the typical Nigerian way of answering questions: Assumptions statements without FACTS. The truth to be told is that well over 70% of Nigerian politicians can use the internet/computer.

The reason most of them never reply e-mails can only be known when a sane Nigerian with bold minds carrys out a research to find out why rather than mere assumptions!

By the way, to the OP: Could it be that the content of your e-mail was irritating/insulting to the Politicians?

The issue is not about our politicians knowledge of the internet, but why they do not communicate with their constituents. Managing an email response system is not that difficult. The politicians can assign one of their numerous assistants/secretaries to review and prioritize emails they receive on a daily basis.  

How else can people reach them if they won't respond to email? send a letter by courier? or better still trek to Abuja with their letter grin Don't give this politicians any lame excuses for refusing to do their job. As an elected  leader, one of your priorities is to engage & communicate with your constituents.  Apparently that's asking too much

And if they receive the occasional odious or irritating email, they can figure out how to respond.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by donclemo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2010
We should know by now that the best way to reach an average Nigerian would be phone or letter.for me i can't remember the last time i checked my yahoomail cos in a day i get more than 100 message and some includes spam i advice u write a letter to them
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2010
bjcisse:

Funny!

Please Vote Nuhu Ribadu 2011

WTF is Ribadu

Op, because they are busy looting
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2010
They would probably think you are going to beg them for money.
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by hackney(m): 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
They have nothing to say about anything, they don't care and they know they
will miss their tenses.
undecided
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by Ashiwaju(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
Imunity clause!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by OmoTier1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2010
occam:

The issue is not about our politicians knowledge of the internet, but why they do not communicate with their constituents. Managing an email response system is not that difficult. The politicians can assign one of their numerous assistants/secretaries to review and prioritize emails they receive on a daily basis. 

How else can people reach them if they won't respond to email? send a letter by courier? or better still trek to Abuja with their letter grin Don't give this politicians any lame excuses for refusing to do their job. As an elected  leader, one of your priorities is to engage & communicate with your constituents.  Apparently that's asking too much

And if they receive the occasional odious or irritating email, they can figure out how to respond.

Answer to your question in bold: You do not have to go to Abuja, many of them have constituency office in the district they are representing. Again let us not get carried away with what is obtainable in most western contries as Nigeria democracy is still very very young! For now the best way to get an issue address by Politicians is through pressure groups. Sooner, we will have politicians of young mind ( though not the likes of Criminal Bankole) who would appreciate usng facilities such as e-mail communicationto reach out to his constituents.

P.S: I am not defending the Politicians, all I am only asking is that we should put things into perspective and reflect how far we have come in a very short time!
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by rebranded(m): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2010
LOL try facebooking them grin

The President replies "some"of the posts on his wall cool
Re: Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? by benchwest: 12:35am On Oct 15, 2010
we should know that knowing computer does not make you educated,
one could be educated but computer ilitrate,john mcain usa president aspirant in usa wasnt computer literate during
campaign trail he said i cannot use computer but when i become president i will learn to use one.
is like calling a french educated man ilitrate because he or she cant speak english,forgeting that english is a language

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Political Crisis Takes New Twist, As Wada Threatens To Assume Duties Monday / Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election / Nigeria, Rich Country Poor People - By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.