Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That (1440 Views)

. / Why Do Some People Change Their Picture On Facebook After Being Found? / Why Do Some People Here Are So Annoying Instead Of Giving Advise And Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by muinat(f): 4:42am On Jan 18, 2006
there is this girl in my classand she acts like she is everything but she is nothing
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by snazzydawn(f): 7:33am On Jan 18, 2006
well she is acting up because she is something! Simple, if you ain't got it, you can't flaunt it. Is she entering your eye? Why should it bother you? Maybe you are jealous of her or something, because this topic reeks of envy.

...but <sn> since you are new here <sn> Welcome to Nairaland.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by IAH(f): 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2006
Muinat, I think you need to get to know her and you'll see that she is not the kind of person you think she is. Some of my friends have told me that, before we became friends, they used to think that I feel so good about myself. When we became friends, they realised I'm not like that.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by da808cutie(f): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2006
you've obviously already judged her without getting to know her. like IAH, a lot of my friends thought i thought highly of myself before. and even now, when some people talk to some of my friends, they're like 'are you friends with her'? blah blah blah, you get the point.

get to know her first, she might just be a bit more conservative than you expect.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by ldollier(f): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2006
muinat... sounds like your hating.. well she act like she is all that cuz she is all that. you should also feel like your all that and get to know the gurl. *sighs*
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by gracious(f): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2006
maybe you should get to know her better.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by vichel(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2006
Some ugly chicks tongue tend to act like they got something just to assure themselves that they look good, but sometimes the beauty which they claim to posess, is definately not visible.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by hotangel2(f): 12:13am On Jan 19, 2006
I totally feel muinat.

This ain't about hating or nothing!

You don't need to KNOW some people, before you can add 2+2 about them to get 4. You just see some people straight up and you see in them that they tripping. They be acting like they gat everything working for em. Sure i commend their confidence, but whatever happened to being humble?

There's difference between a "i don't take nonsense person" and a "you ain't got nothing on me because im better than you person". Like i said earlier, you don't need to KNOW some people.. before you can tell a lil story about them. Some people just go waaaaaaaay over board with their "being confident". Hating has no role to play when u see that someone is really tripping. You don't want to tell me that, you don't know the difference between a trip and someone confident of who s/he is.

Muinat, im going to have to say tho, check yourself n make sure u ain't hating on her. Cos if u's hating.. that's a totally diff thing. Plus.. why not forget about the girl and just live your own life. Shuuu... if a b!tch is acting foolish and feeling like she's all that, show her u got more than she got, by not paying no fxcking attention to her. make her know, you are all that too, and infact, u's a bucket more than wat she is!
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by Rolly: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2006
Hot A, i agree with u.

people used to think that i was snob because i was always shy but they when they got to know me and saw that i was and am a really sweet girl*wink*, ,they stopped thinking like that i think. Anyways, muniat i think u shld calm urself down and try to get to know her and if shes acting funny, yo girl, no give her face o! abeg just leave her let her go on her own way. *cheesy*
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by ldollier(f): 12:27am On Jan 19, 2006
hot-angel:

I totally feel muinat.

This ain't about hating or nothing!

You don't need to KNOW some people, before you can add 2+2 about them to get 4. You just see some people straight up and you see in them that they tripping. They be acting like they gat everything working for em. Sure i commend their confidence, but whatever happened to being humble?

actually if you think about it, hating has something to do with it. i mean why would someone in the world just come out i say that "some people act like they are all that". obviously the person has spent his or her life observing or envying the person

and you do need to know someone before you can say something about them. thats the whole point of communication, your first impressions is they replaced by your later observation(which can only happen when you get to know someone).

if people go on assuming things about others without getting to know them, my oh what a world it would be.

so what am basically saying is that everyone should feel like they are "all that", its called SELF-ESTEEM!, unless if your self esteem is so low, then you will be worrying about another person acting like they are all that.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by muinat(f): 12:32am On Jan 19, 2006
this girl is my freind but she look down on other people and i just don't wanna be like her
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by ldollier(f): 12:36am On Jan 19, 2006
muinat:

this girl is my freind but she look down on other people and i just don't want to be like her

oh so because she looks down on other people, that mean that she is acting "all that".

muinat

link=topic=5314.msg177322#msg177322 date=1137627120:

and i just don't want to be like her

case closed. you dont want to be like her... i hope that dont mean, you dont want to get to know her.. basically what i have to say, is ignore her. and always keep your self esteem high. dont let her get to you..
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by muinat(f): 12:46am On Jan 19, 2006
she is also acting all that and i already talked to her but she never listen
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by ldollier(f): 12:49am On Jan 19, 2006
muinat:

she is also acting all that and i already talked to her but she never listen

then dont bother about her.. one day she will meet her match.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by Rolly: 12:50am On Jan 19, 2006
yes o! omo dat day go hot o! Jus kidding
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by ldollier(f): 12:52am On Jan 19, 2006
*smiles for sure
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by muinat(f): 12:53am On Jan 19, 2006
ya i hope she meet her match
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by hotangel2(f): 12:55am On Jan 19, 2006
Like i said before......

hot-angel:

if a b!tch is acting foolish and feeling like she's all that, show her u got more than she got, by not paying no fxcking attention to her. make her know, you are all that too, and infact, u's a bucket more than what she is!
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by Rolly: 12:57am On Jan 19, 2006
Yes o!
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by treize(f): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2006
Well in my school many people act like they're great like once someone threw a loly-pop in my hair or a buch of VERY STUPID girls
ran over to me and my friends and started to write on us with chalk when we didn't see them.
I don't think that's the same though, they're just creeps.
all they do is sneak out of classes all the time to go to the bathroom and smoke.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by IB7(f): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2006
How old is she?  What school is it?  She's got low self-esteem.

Cuz you will find such with nigerians in schools in america. 

Now you wonder why I.B. {literally} don't have any nigerian friends?

Regards,
I.B.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by muinat(f): 2:07am On Jan 25, 2006
she is 14 anad she goes to hutch high
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by IB7(f): 5:13am On Jan 25, 2006
14? And you made a topic outta that?
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by eveseh(f): 6:22pm On May 20, 2006
is what they want
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by mamaput(f): 7:15pm On May 20, 2006
I think in almost every class there are people like that these are kids that are not sure of themselves.
Then there are those that like to think that of others because they are jealous.
When my daughter started high school she was like the joke of the class the others called her not up to standard. It was like the ugly duck.
But she developed to one of the most beautiful , popular and intelligent people in the school These same people that used to laugh at her call her arrogant today.
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by Rhodalyn(f): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2006
Some ppl act af is they're all that Cuz thats just how some are meant to be! we cant all be the same besides whats ya prob with that?? creating a topic for someone who isnt even here??just as Snazz said, there's some jealousy in the air
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by DaHitler(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2006
muinat, you would always run into people like that.

In fact, there is a certain group of Nigerians that feel they are born to rule. Can you imagine such non-sense?
Re: Why Do Some People Act Like They Are All That by Rhodalyn(f): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2006
Yes i Can, it's absolutely Understandable!

(1) (Reply)

New-comer's Plight / Nairaland Is Worth $82,816 (10.5 Million Naira) / My Fear About Nairaland Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.