Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (89482 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2019
Do you know that more men than women kill their spouses?
DaddyMorenike:
See ehn, this is a two way thing. When the man let's his wife have assess. She Can kill him just to have that money.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by olumalcolm(m): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2019
kelvine:
Many are not happy in their marriage so they wonder.
Why will this woman inherit my hard labour and still roll with a strange man
Ask warren buffet who is still alive or the governor that died in the northern part of nigeria whose wife got married to his PA this year. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by fordgreen(m): 9:06am On Jul 22, 2019
Now I see the reason why my dad has been taking me to his banks recently and showing me various documents and which bank he kept them.... Even down to his old account with Equitorial Trust Bank ETB
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:
There is no need to worry depending on who your next of kin is
In the case of the demise of a customer, the next of kin could lay claims to such monies or properties

There is different between next of kin and beneficiary.

Even most next of Kin never aware they are.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by efikoefiko(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2019
It Does! You can only debunk this if you are a banker and you are befitting from this dubious act.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2019
Why not marry your family?
AstroG:
Lemme not talk.

Cuz,some women deserve the treatment been melted upon them.
How can I work 24/7 to make ends meet,and all you do is to sleep around with young guys,later you will come and chop my hard earned money,thunder fire that your blockos.

Mine go worse self,If I no will am to my fam,na Church or orphanage I go will am to.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by DaddyMorenike: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2019
Omudia11:
Do you know that more men than women kill their spouses?
really?? *that's super cool.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 9:15am On Jul 22, 2019
Yeah, because Abacha was a woman.
Sofistcatdmoron:
I can't make my wife a Co owner of my account, women are thieves, I can let my trusted brother but not my wife jor oh
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
I agree.. the best thing is setting up something like a trust fund....which ur child will be to access as soon as he or she is 18...or also buy shares in ur children name....nobody will deny them that
gbam!! U just hit d nail on d head. This is what most wealthy men do.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by onenew: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2019
Starke:
Are you familiar with the term "Next of kin"? I think you should read up a little on that before posting this type of erroneous info.

Please forget that! the “next of kin” of a thing is just for formality. It does not give one access to the account of a deceased.

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Katier00(f): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=charlsecy post=80507543][/quote]there is no doubt about it
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Sam2310(m): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2019
Charleys:
How do bankers get rich by protecting people's money? I still wonder how they do it. But they do it.

This is a fake news trying to make you trust your wife. Don't trust your wife. Only trust your kids, once you're dead she'll fall for someone else and that man will control her.

Will your fortunes to your kids.
pray u no jam bad kids.
That how a man came to bank and complained about how is bank money is not increasing, only to find out that his kids always take is atm and phone bank alert, once they withdrawn, they delete the alerts. Just because the dad gave their is Pin code once to withdrawn because he trusts them.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Katier00(f): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2019
kense88:
The wife might want to spend more, if she is aware of the man's worth
true talk but who will lose at the end
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by AstroG: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2019
Omudia11:
Why not marry your family?

And who said am going to get married??

Marriage na scam these days,
Babymama is the best.

You will have Peace of mind,be focused,no nagging from the spouse e.t.c

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2019
executive12:

If you don't trust your wife, you don't have to disclose your assets to her but to provide for your family (wife and children), you should write a will which should contain information about your assets and bank holdings.
I have cousins that lost their dad who was a Lawyer for many years in the UK. He passed on in the UK. He had separated from their mother and remarried. My cousins were not happy with him and did not get along with him. The second wife was unfaithful and had a hand in his death. Well, after his passing, his will was read and my cousins found out that their dad was quietly wealthy and left a lot of assets for them. They were extremely pleased with their dad. They were pleasantly surprised and regretted being mean to him because of how he treated their mom.
So you can be discreet about your assets but disclose everything in your will.
what of as in my own case where the lawyer said my mum didn't leave any will while she discretely told me on her sick bed that her will is with the lawyer....
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Charleys: 9:32am On Jul 22, 2019
Sam2310:
pray u no jam bad kids.
That how a man came to bank and complained about how is bank money is not increasing, only to find out that his kids always take is atm and phone bank alert, once they withdrawn, they delete the alerts. Just because the dad gave their is Pin code once to withdrawn because he trusts them.

A time comes in a man's age were you can't even sign your signature anymore. You're next of kin will flex that money. Better train your kids properly.

Hope you know prosperity does not last to the third generation. If it does it depends on how you trained your Kids and how you emphasize they train their kids also.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by seanchuks: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:
In the case of the demise of a customer, the next of kin could lay claims to such monies or properties
that is where she is coming from...the banks don't inform them after d demise except dy come by dia self and claim...because in mose cases you fill the next of kin without inform d person he's ur next of kin
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Charleys: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2019
onenew:

Please forget that! I am a banker, the “next of kin” of a thing is just for formality. It does not give one access to the account of a deceased.

Thanks for your information, please how does someone go about it. And can you write a topic on this and mention me anytime.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by mechanics(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the information.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Austineva(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol, tbh, I really do not think this is their reason. Most Nigerian men think they owe their siblings more loyalty than their wife. They also think their siblings are more loyal.

That is why you will hear men say "my family that suffered with me", you will hardly hear a woman say that. My own brother was even a culprit. Give a man and a woman forms to fill; maybe a travel manifest. Lets assume they are both in very serious relationships. The woman would most likely write her fiance's name. The man would write his brother's name. Even if na orphan/only child, e fit put im uncle wey train am for school grin

When you see the ones that mention their wives first, look at them...for many, there is a way their eyes light up. You will know they didn't mention her to fulfil all protocols, but because they really want her to be secured.

I can't say same for the women o. They mention it unto say "ehn, I am married na. It has to be him".

A man's love could be very pure, when he does love. Of which I do not think many do...
They only think they owe her a duty of provision.
do NL pay u for typing all these? grin grin
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by luluosas(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2019
Wow! This is shocking, but who to blame? The foolish dead men/women of course.
Madam, please ask Oga some questions about his money/wealth, don't spiritualized everything. Cheers
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Continue deceiving gullible Nigerians with this your fake stories.
CBN made it mandatory that account officers check on account owners every 90 days if they didn't hear from him or her. And if it's discovered that he or she is dead, they have 21 days to contact his next of kin and advice him or her on how to go about the deceased's belongings whatever it is. That is the sole purpose of NEXT OF KIN!
If they decide to play smart games and don't contact. You as the wife or son can simply walk into any bank that you suspect your husband or daddy has an account in and ask them to check his bank statement for you. You have to take his death declaration certificate and your marriage certificate or any certificate that indicates that you are related to the person. To make it sweet, you can go with a lawyer. You sef will be shocked at how they will be shaking. And if they claim your husband or father doesn't have an account with them, present your little evidence, be it a check book you found or an account number.
Don't ask me how I know this. I have lost 2 uncles in the past and that process worked like magic.
His wife actually cleared the account within 3 months even when she didn't know her husband had an account with that bank.
They called her as the next of kin to check on the well being of the husband and she told them her husband is late.
Then consoled her and hang up, then they called back after 15 days to ask if she can come to the bank.
The rest is history.
This thing na Wema bank oo

Bro, knowledge is power. How about those who aren't aware of how the system works. The bank will take advantage of the situation this is Nigeria.
I saw on twitter how a lady made a withdrawal but it didn't go through but she was debited. She kept going to the bank but it was all stories until she emailed the bank then copy CBN or so, do you know she got her money in less than 3 hours. Can't remember the full gist.

Is about knowing your right, if you don't it becomes a problem.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by okpurukata(f): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:

Next of kin does not work in Nigeria my brother. It is who submits a letter of administration first. The best bet is to make your partner a signatory. Even if the man or woman dies, then the partner can access the funds directly. Any outsider bringing a letter of administration will no longer hold water.
Its good to know these things.

4 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Babawon1: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2019
ThothHermes:
What guarantees do you have that the man will die first?
Do women also disclose their details to their spouses? It's only few couples that can love and trust theirselves with secret details of their finances.

Na you dey that picture?
You fine sha cheesy

Let's be that couple.
the girl fine. but I dey fear her, she's not interested in romance like other girl, na politics and crime she's active in
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Austineva(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:

Are u saying for some reasons, its better for bank to eat your money than your children
Nne, would u like to marry a Chelsea fan? I like ur physique! I dream to marry ur type. Reply on my gmail. Thanks
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2019
Sexmate bawo
kunkelhanspeter:
This same issue happened to my sexmate father
Her father refused to co joint bank account with her mother when her father died bank refused to give them the money till date and the money is still in me man account she have the SIM card
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by SocialJustice: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2019
Bafemi:

LOL... Going through your profile, I'm not in doubt as to how you poorly were raised, seeing that all you do is throw insults here and there.
Stick to the point and stop being defensive. Which banking system are you in??

After 2 years of my dad's death, we are still trying to access some of his accounts. What if we didn't know they were there, Oga teller?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by paix(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Hmm.. Foolish husbands indeed.
My papa na multimillionaire and his wife doesn't know anything about his accounts till today. Too bad.. Anyways, women too like money and once they know how much in ur account there will be problem always. Let's not forget women too are guilty of the same act, they hide their money and prefer to spend the men's own.
Have you forgotten that your money is their money, and their money is theirs?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2019
You have said it all and there's absolutely nothing to add.
needful:
The truth about this whole thing is, Naija men are very Adulterous and polygamous in nature as they tag themselves. most of them doesnt like to disclose asset to their wives for the sole reason of keeping as many girl friends and baby mamas as possible. women has the habit of monitoring account to see what goes in and out when declared to them, so if a man for, instance spends on his girl friends, the wive will know because the acct will reduce and by the time she asked question as to why the money reduced, problem will set in the family. many naija men for some reasons, doesnt like to assist where they married from, therefore they hid there assets and wealth from the wives so that he can help as many as he wants without the wives knowlegde. Women on the other hands, doesnt like to disclose asset or used their husbands as next of kin because the moment they die before the man, the man will remarry and her children will suffer as most men doesnt care to know the well being of their children once a new wive is involved and by the time the new wife start producing, the rest is history as she will use her woman power to subdue the rights of the first wive children. In conclusion, marriage in Nigeria is a total scam, there is no love nor trust. The men marry to have children while the women marry because of societal norm of u must marry as a womans pride is her husband.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by IamPlato(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:

Are u saying for some reasons, its better for bank to eat your money than your children
where Did You Get That Picture? Cause I Know That Girl...
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by pocohantas(f): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2019
Austineva:
do NL pay u for typing all these? grin grin

Going by your school of thought, people only do things to get paid.

So, did they pay you for asking this question?

My dear, if something is beyond your wavelength, just sit it out.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Has Finished Me! / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.