Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (89472 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2019
laudate:

Next of kin doesn't mean anything, when it comes to getting access to the funds in the account of a deceased person. undecided The bank does not owe the next of kin anything.

The only time such a next of kin can lay any claim to the bank balance of the deceased, is if he/she has letters of administration issued by the court, in respect of the assets of the deceased.

Stop spreading ur ignorance online. Once a person dies, his next of kin takes the necessary steps from collecting Death certificate to collecting court affidavit and then they will fill out any necessary bank forms and then they get full access to the money.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Hileola: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2019
fake post
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by TinaG(f): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2019
ATTAHDYE:
Cock and Bull story, nothing like that is happening anywhere.
my dear it happened to my mom.wjay we didn't know was that my mom was a signatory until I went to see d manager of the bank, luckily for me the guy was from a neighboring village and he told me how to go about it and that was how we got d 11m my dad had in his account before he died.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
na lack of trust dey make ppl dey secretivecheesy.
people have good reasons for been secretive.. look some people married when they were young and naive,They didn't know that the person they married is only pretending to love them,when their eyes open kids don involve..so they just play along for kids sake...these things ate not black and white...let everybody make his or her money....
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Psoul(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:
There is no need to worry depending on who your next of kin is
In the case of the demise of a customer, the next of kin could lay claims to such monies or properties

My brother, the procedure is not as easy as that oooo.
By the time you finished running around and the Administrative Court will take their share and the bank will take their own commission, you would prefer your spouse, father, mother, brother or sister had given you their ATM PIN.

Meanwhile, the post is not saying that the dead account holders do not have Next of Kins. They do, but most of them will not even care to tell the person that they are their next of kin in account number this on so so and so bank.
So hw will u start processing for withdrawal from account you does not even know that it exist?

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Katier00(f): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2019
kense88:
The wife might want to spend more, if she is aware of the man's worth
A win to the Bank and the bankers
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by oratorOdunayo1(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2019
Next story please
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2019
franchasng:
with the lifestyle and insatiable desire of our today ladies, I am sorry to say more Nigerian husbands will never disclose all their bank and investment account details to their new generation of Nigerian wives we have today, oh yeah lipsrsealed

My only concern is for the kids' welfare and future.....all we need is a banking reform and policies that will force banks and investment organizations to release such funds to the dead person's family, mostly children.....not necessarily to their wives or husbands, but to their children who need it most.
yea many young ladies of today its all about slaying. Some ladies would spend 500k in a day just on clothes and makeup for slaying purpose but then a man should be wise enough to know that just because he's married to a bad wife that is not enough reason to allow his children to suffer. And as for our banks during the era of Charles Soludo a number of reforms were made in the banking sector but then i very much agree with u that more reforms ought to be made cos the way some banks tend to behave ehn like all those ponzi agencies.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2019
laudate:

Next of kin doesn't mean anything, when it comes to getting access to the funds in the account of a deceased person. undecided The bank does not owe the next of kin anything.

The only time such a next of kin can lay any claim to the bank balance of the deceased, is if he/she has letters of administration issued by the court, in respect of the assets of the deceased.
please don't say what u don't know......next kin mearnt alot
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by franchasng: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:

He just got admission recently so he couldn’t have been able to meet up the the NPTDF more over isn’t that for people from oil producing states..we are officially lagosians
Oh I see. The Senator I know can't help your brother honestly, we aren't from the same state.

Have your family tried approaching Lagos state governor Don't go to the commissioner of education, find a way to go to the governor or Senator or Reps representing your zone, that's your best bet.

In which country is your brother studying There must be grants and scholarships for foreign students, maybe your brother is not aware....which he may need to find out...you can also help by doing a google search for him.

This is why I tell people, don't abandon your siblings or parents because of any woman called fiance or wife.....just take a look at the level of commitment a brother like you is giving to his brother's success, just to make sure his brother succeeds, imagine if you had the money, I am sure you would have spent it on your brother, yet some useless brothers will abandon their siblings who suffered with them and helped them succeed just because of one woman calling herself a wife that contributed nothing to their life's success angry angry

God will make a way for your brother okay, I wished I could help.....but right now, I am not in government, hoping to join in future to bring in some positive change, all the best cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2019
Psoul:

My brother, the procedure is not as easy as that oooo.
By the time you finished running around and the Administrative Court will take their share and the bank will take their own commission, you would prefer your spouse, father, mother, brother or sister had given you their ATM PIN.

Meanwhile, the post is not saying that the dead account holders do not have Next of Kins. They do, but most of them will not even care to tell the person that they are their next of kin in account number this on so so and so bank.
So hw will u start processing for withdrawal from account you does not even know that it exist?
haba wich u come dey bring up atm pin for d mattercheesy. I know my dad and my mom's atm pin. My brother knows my atm pin and i know their atm pin plus i withdraw for my dad wen i am around and my brother also withdraw for me if i cant go. Aghhh for a parent not to trust his own blood such dat he or wont reveal certain banking details to them means something is seriously serious with dat family shocked.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2019
kayevans:

You are wrong. I'm a top banker. NOK are never automatic beneficiaries of balances in deseaced account. Have you heard of probate registry? Letter of administration? Etc
The post is absolutely correct. We carry over huge unclaimed balances to every new financial year because of issues like this. Some crooky staff can equally take advantage of this with connivance with others esp when the funds have really aged. Be wise.
even as a top banker,pls stop misleading ppl......next of kin mearnt alot .

Always say wat u know
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2019
kelvine:
Many are not happy in their marriage so they wonder.
Why will this woman inherit my hard labour and still roll with a strange man

Thanks for this info.....

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Stillthebest: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2019
A woman who dey do business and deh Hide what she makes, one who hides her calls, one who will never give you food on time, one who will say three things when yoh just say one, etc, so how would a man be happy to show her his confidentials? Most men keep their marriages because of children.No iota of love. It is vice versa
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2019
Katier00:
A win to the Bank and the bankers
better than for a leech of a wife to get the money
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Abeos(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2019
ATTAHDYE:
Cock and Bull story, nothing like that is happening anywhere.

It's not o. That's what some Yahoo boys pound on in foreign accounts, unclaimed funds.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2019
larryking540:

bro marriage na black market,
u don't expect a man u has spent 26years with his siblings and just 6 years with the wife to suddenly trust d wife than d siblings, no b man fault
hmmmm

God bless u
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
people have good reasons for been secretive.. look some people married when they were young and naive,They didn't know that the person they married is only pretending to love them,when their eyes open kids don involve..so they just play along for kids sake...these things ate not black and white...let everybody make his or her money....
i agree with u. There are men who are unfortunate to marry evil minded women and there have been cases of women who even murder their husbands for the life insurance money. If u watch this programme deadly women on IDx channel u will see scary cases of women who have murdered their husbands in cold just for the life insurance money.there was one i watched two years ago about this beautiful young lady Elisa Mcnabney who married a very wealthy lawyer. The lawyer insured his life with a huge amount of money and greed got a better part of this lady. She injected her husband with horse tranquilizers and when the husband died she wasted all the man's fortune on expensive clothes and makeup. She was later caught sha but she committed suicide in prison by hanging herself. Hmm God safe us from evil slayqueens oo.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2019
franchasng:
90% or more of Nigerian men don't trust their wives, oh yeah cool

Many Nigerian women will frustrate or even kill their husband if they find out how much he truly worth, so the men got to be wise to survive the Nigerian marriage jungle lipsrsealed

The only issue here is their kids if they are still young, I think Nigerian lawmakers should pass a bill that will ensure a dead person without a will, should have his or her moneys in banks transferred to the next of kin with a presentation of death certificate, burial photos, family elders signed document that the deceased is truly dead.

And also make it easy for family of a dead person on presentation of death certificate, burial photos, etc to have access to all the deceased person's bank account, insurance and investment accounts using his or her BVN.

Also make a policy that with the names, pictures of a dead person, his BVN can be retrieved from either supreme court or CBN or any other similar government authority. This will help family members of dead persons to do a search of their relative's secret and known bank accounts, investments, insurance accounts, etc to ensure they get them back.

I think this thread has motivated me, I will give this as a tip to a serving Senator now and let's see if it can be pushed at the national assembly because of the children of dead persons in Nigeria, not for their wives or husbands anyway, but mostly to secure the future of their kids.

Thanks op, this is a good topic that deserves to be put on front page of Nairaland everyday to ensure more and more Nigerians see it
please do and God bless u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2019
franchasng:
wonderful.

I think your response just brought another tipoff on what Nigerian lawmakers should push for in our national banking reforms.

When opening accounts, you must submit 1 passport photograph of your next of kin. Also the next of kin should sign and possibly have a column they can be given to thumb print on.
simple

But d ppl dat made d 1st law had corrupt intention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
i agree with u. There are men who are unfortunate to marry evil minded women and there have been cases of women who even murder their husbands for the life insurance money. If u watch this programme deadly women on IDx channel u will see scary cases of women who have murdered their husbands in cold just for the life insurance money.there was one i watched two years ago about this beautiful young lady Elisa Mcnabney who married a very wealthy lawyer. The lawyer insured his life with a huge amount of money and greed got a better part of this lady. She injected her husband with horse tranquilizers and when the husband died she wasted all the man's fortune on expensive clothes and makeup. She was later caught sha but she committed suicide in prison by hanging herself. Hmm God safe us from evil slayqueens oo.
imagine...make God help us
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2019
the genteel way of the banker, women should learn to appreciate their husbands better, why will your husband or wife leave 60m in the bank and not inform any member of the family ?

greed has a hand in this.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by dabiton: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2019
MiddleDimension:

i sense so much hate here against men in your post. and i do not trust your motive is genuine concern about an unfortunate trend. i think you are a greedy woman who feels you have rights to your man's money not because you want his family, you the wife and kids secure, but so that you can just go about tasking him unnecessarily like alot of women do. in this way he may not be able to save to carry out what he truely wants to accomplish in life. IF YOUR CONCERNS ARE GENUINE, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

I for one do not have to reveal that to my woman. and that doesn't mean i do not love her. before she came into my life, i was already living my life and already have how i do such things. my family knows all about me and will not let my kids suffer. they are that loving and with or without her help, they can fully take good care of my kids. above all, they are very considerate and can even take care of her if she chooses not to remarry. even if she tries to remarry, she will still be seen as their wife, a member of the family. even as old as i am, they still do not have a problem giving me things. not just material, but other things. our nephews and nices as well as cousins grew up with us. it is that open a family.
Your head dey intact, my person!
You are seeing through all the manipulative bull crap they are peddling

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
better than for a leech of a wife to get the money
see ehn upon all dis one its still better for a man with hidden substntial wealth to figure a way for something for his kids in case of anything. A man cant just let his own kids to suffer cos of a bad wife.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by babyfaceafrica: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
see ehn upon all dis one its still better for a man with hidden substntial wealth to figure a way for something for his kids in case of anything. A man cant just let his own kids to suffer cos of a bad wife.
I agree.. the best thing is setting up something like a trust fund....which ur child will be to access as soon as he or she is 18...or also buy shares in ur children name....nobody will deny them that
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by patemy: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:
There is no need to worry depending on who your next of kin is
In the case of the demise of a customer, the next of kin could lay claims to such monies or properties

You can only claim what you are aware of its existence
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by dabiton: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2019
larryking540:

bro marriage na black market,
u don't expect a man u has spent 26years with his siblings and just 6 years with the wife to suddenly trust d wife than d siblings, no b man fault
Yes ooo... real black market self
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 8:57am On Jul 22, 2019
Why marry her in the first place and not the person who you can trust?

Even the Bible acknowledges that death annuls marriage , why be greedy in death and prevent her from moving on?
Charleys:
How do bankers get rich by protecting people's money? I still wonder how they do it. But they do it.

This is a fake news trying to make you trust your wife. Don't trust your wife. Only trust your kids, once you're dead she'll fall for someone else and that man will control her.

Will your fortunes to your kids.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2019
How many women are breadwinners in a society like Nigeria where lots of men control their wives destinies?
Timbuktuo:
Did this Good Samaritan banker happen to mention how women also go to their graves without informing anybody about their own personal stashes? Or is it only foolish when men do it?

Women like to weep and wail as if only they suffer in life.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Deathisfree: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet

You never can tell. Women does the same too. It’s vice versa
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Charleys: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2019
Omudia11:
Why marry her in the first place and not the person who you can trust?

Even the Bible acknowledges that death annuls marriage , why be greedy in death and prevent her from moving on?

She can move on but your money belongs to your kids not the new husband.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2019
And men are very prudent in going around sleeping with little girls old enough to be their daughters and maltreating their wives. Can't eat your cake and have it.
lilwetdick:

it has nothing to do with insecured

many women here in Nigeria are not prudent and dont think about the future, their only job is to spend and spend, so why should a man open his money secret for that type of woman

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Has Finished Me! / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.