Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy (21030 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Buhari Warns Amosun Over Anti-party Activities / Boko Haram: Buhari Warns Nigerians Against Politicising Soldiers’ Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Nice one. At least he was bold to shun political correctness and call them what they are, Herdsmen!! Though he fuckedd up where he said he still is confident that Buhari will take the country tothem promised land. I wonder who promised us any land as Nigerians

Maybe by converting the whole country to Fulani land and also impose Sharia on us all.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by repogirl(f): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2019
Alaafin please stop Wailing

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ostrogoth(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:
I am with the Alaafin on this. However, the Alaafin should quit this superiority contest with the arole Odu'a -- The Ooni. The Alaafin is not the head of the Yoruba nation, the Ooni is. To start with, in Yoruba mythology, the Ooni is considered a deity -- Orisa [not just an emperor]; so there is not really any point for comparison.

Opportune submission though.

You are not right but you are not wrong either. The alaafin is the political head of the yorubas while the ooni is the spiritual head. Owu was destroyed because they waged war against Ife and traditionally, nobody, not even the mighty Oyo empire dared make war against Ife. So both are leaders just like the pope and the holy roman emperor during mediaeval Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by MoneyMan5: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2019
Charleys:
Emir of Yoruba supercedes them all

It is like you are high on cow dungs

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by elijahkayode(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2019
Racoon:
What a paradox.A clueless man is always a clueless man.Pls Yoruba, always speak the truth as it.

God bless Fela, OBJ, Ayodele Fayose, FFK, Ayo Adebanjo, Pa Fasoranti, etc."If you stand for the truth, you will always stand alone."-Lucky Dube.

Truth is sacred in Nigeria politics yet they blame their woes on religion
Religion is spiritual cause we worship a Supernatural & Holy God

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ostrogoth(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2019
seborrhic:
If Yorubas continue listening to that drug addict and Chicago University certificate forget,without fighting for their homelands,it maybe too late and before they know it,the Fulanis,via subtle moves by those now in power,would have added a few more Yoruba states to the Kwara they conquered years ago.
Alaafin has spoken like a true and seriously alarmed Yoruba chief.
But he messed up by saying Buhari can take whoever to the promised Land.
If there is a word worse than incompetence,it's what describes Buhari.
Alaafin saying Buhari can take Nigeria Nigeria further is only being diplomatic, not reality. That's Yoruba politeness for you.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by jrusky(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmmmmm, Buhari as a General is eminently qualified to be a President, but as President, there is a big question mark to his post as a General.
Good at combat but lacks strategy and communication skills.

Pls I refused to accept him as a General in Army maybe is General is on paper and book and I'm sure Quota system broug these pain.

Bro I belong to this class of family I knew Generals bro even Abdulsalami that is term to be one of the most quiet Rtd General in the land bro he cant be these cluless wallahi i know what I'm saying. If you have jam a real General bro fear will catch you when they roar and what annoys a true soldier most is for a bloody civilian challenging their authority bro hell will let loose but see how Buhari turned himself to TV set being remote by bloody civilian called cabal, herdsmen, Miyetti Devil, bandits etc hhhmmm.....bro no no Buhari rank as General is questionable.

Even to give his security chiefs marching order he couldn't, to change his security chiefs he couldn't pls bro I give up on this man ability in everything he is real fatal accidental human a serious one indeed.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ostrogoth(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2019
Nyamiri:

Is this one slow in the head abi botoboto wo ni oloriburuku oloripelebe yin so?

Have you ever seen this Alaafin and the Ooni engage in a superiority contest?

You muddy clowns have no kings, no past and no future and you should shut up.
Baba bros, ko le to yen now! Is it because of his name, shebi ur own name self dey different. Besides e huwa omoluabi!
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by orisa37: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2019
MrPresident1:
All deltas of the same river grin

Trump is a Rabbi. The rest are Christlam loyal to Suniis.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by RZArecta2(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2019
Bloody iPod yoot grin kidnappers are Evans brothers from Okitipupa in alaigbo grin
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by oluwaahmed: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2019
The only way Yoruba's can fight a war they have been threatening about is to drag other tribes into it and hands-off. Notice how no other tribe is saying anything about herdsmen menace in SW?
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by OlujobaSamuel: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2019
Gandollar:
Is it the same buhari that failed all his professional exams you are talking about? That guy was is and would continue to be a disaster! APC only used his popularity among the illitrate crowd upnorth to grab power for themselves. These same illitrate crowd is the reason why Nigeria is backward.
That's why I said he knows nothing aside combat (fighting), he lacks timing , planning, technique, communication etc that is necessary for the fight.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by orisa37: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2019
immhotep:
"Sai baba" has now turned to "Sai mama"

Turn to Eve(mother of evil).
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2019
This one too is writing?... Iffa hear say the letter even reach Adesina desk. grin
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by selemo: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2019
Honour June 12 and give us 2023 presidency at the expense of my people lives and properties.- Tinubu.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by OlujobaSamuel: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2019
jrusky:

Pls I refused to accept him as a General in Army maybe is General is on paper and book and I'm sure Quota system broug these pain.

Bro I belong to this class of family I knew Generals bro even Abdulsalami that is term to be one of the most quiet Rtd General in the land bro he cant be these cluless wallahi i know what I'm saying. If you have jam a real General bro fear will catch you when they roar and what annoys a true soldier most is for a bloody civilian challenging their authority bro hell will let loose but see how Buhari turned himself to TV set being remote by bloody civilian called cabal, herdsmen, Miyetti Devil, bandits etc hhhmmm.....bro no no Buhari rank as General is questionable.

Even to give his security chiefs marching order he couldn't, to change his security chiefs he couldn't pls bro I give up on this man ability in everything he is real fatal accidental human a serious one indeed.
If you read what I wrote again, you might understand better.
Eg, talking to a 100level student, as a WAEC holder, you are qualified to be given admission into 100level, as a 100level student, I wonder how you got your WAEC certificate.
Hope you get my point.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by MrPresident1: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2019
They are all deltas of the same river, emptying rubbish into the sea grin

orisa37:

Trump is a Rabbi. The rest are Christlam loyal to Suniis.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Samunique(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2019
huptin:
Oya o, Buhari defenders come and tell us that Alaafin is lying, it's not Fulani doing the kidnapping it is Evans from kirikiri!
Since I was born now I am old I have never seen a group of people half as deluded and self conceited as Buharists, I swear.

grin cheesy grin

But have u not noticed that those morons have reduced significantly on the forum, except a few of them who are shameless stupid idiots ?
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by selemo: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2019
FRESHG:
ALHAJI BOLA AHMED TINUBU IS OUR ONLY TRUE LEADER IN YORUBA LAND

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS PMB/PYO
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by seborrhic: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2019
MoneyMan5:

It is only Ilorin in Kwara not Kwara state
Ok,but why do Kwarans see themselves more affiliated to the North than Yorubaland?
Even Saraki and his father before then didn't really allign with the Yorubas as such.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by selemo: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2019
FRESHG:
ALHAJI BOLA AHMED TINUBU IS OUR ONLY TRUE LEADER IN YORUBA LAND

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS PMB/PYO
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2019
There's a political angle to this. Ooni went to aso rock and spoke as traditional leader of Yoruba. Here's alaafin referring to himself as precolonial head of Yoruba. Either the ooni did not deliver the message as he was expected to(kò moséejé) or the alaafin feels slighted by the recognition allowed the ooni.
Time will show where the compass leads

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Ostrogoth:

You are not right but you are not wrong either. The alaafin is the political head of the yorubas while the ooni is the spiritual head. Owu was destroyed because they waged war against Ife and traditionally, nobody, not even the mighty Oyo empire dared make war against Ife. So both are leaders just like the pope and the holy roman emperor during mediaeval Europe.
Interesting perspective.
In that case, who should have been invited to aso rock to speak on this matter then? It seems to me alaafin is not contented with the visit of ooni
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by MoneyMan5: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2019
seborrhic:

Ok,but why do Kwarans see themselves more affiliated to the North than Yorubaland?
Even Saraki and his father before then didn't really allign with the Yorubas as such.

It is because of Politics
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Carlyscales: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2019
MayorofLagos:

I will appreciate that you talk kindly of my King.
Yeah u got d right to that,

But u should be more concerned if ur king speaks kindly of himself, followers and others

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by johnmartus(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2019
If security arrest Atiku, Odumakin peter Obi and co.you will be the first person to accuse the president of trying to eliminate opposition.
Gandollar:
So when a sitting president with all the security apparatus at his disposal, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, still refuses to act, what does that mean? He is even more than a sponsor but one given official backing to it.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by LANDLORD72: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2019
zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/alaafin-writes-buhari-warns-against-looming-anarchy-in-nigeria.html
*Federal Emergency Management agency FEMA advice Nigerians*

CRIME AND KIDNAPPING IS ON THE RISE- BE CAUTIOUS!

1. Never use car stickers that says where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job.

2. Never share pictures of your kids in their school uniforms or badges. Protect your kids!

3. When you attend parties, don't let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man's business, use an envelope.

4. Don't be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals ...You don't need 50k in your wallet to feel like a man.

5. Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS...you really can memorize your bank balance....Shred ur POS/ATM receipts.

6. Don't go jogging while it's dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get someone trusted as company.

7. Always lock your doors, even if you're only going out to switch off your generator.

8. NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID outside your work place. No one needs to know where you work

9. Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point.

10. As much as you can, don't send kids alone on errand outside your house, they are soft targets.

11. Don't try to show you are the richest in the neighborhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn modesty.

12. When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say "I can't spare that amount now".

13. Don't stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.

14. Make safety the number one factor in your decision always!

15. Mind what you post about yourself on social media.

*Wishing you a successful week ahead*
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ostrogoth(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

Interesting perspective.
In that case, who should have been invited to aso rock to speak on this matter then? It seems to me alaafin is not contented with the visit of ooni

Yes. I think both of them should just work together to coordinate all yorubas and take the initiative from quislings like tinubu.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2019
Nyamiri:

Is this one slow in the head abi botoboto wo ni oloriburuku oloripelebe yin so?

Have you ever seen this Alaafin and the Ooni engage in a superiority contest?

You muddy clowns have no kings, no past and no future and you should shut up.

I won't roll in the mud with you, so I will allow you go. I hope you know I never quoted or referenced you. I guess you are not very aware, or else you would have known that the rivalry that I speak of is real and historic, dating back to the days of Ooni Adesoji and Ooni Sijuwade. Even if you aren't aware of this -- I'd forgive you for that -- you should have been able to glean from the article subtle claims to superiority [and covert dig at a perceived co-claimant]. It came up more than two times in the article -- if you had the capacity to read between the lines. Well, you must think everyone is as handicapped as you are.

I restate: Ile-Ife is the nucleus of the Yoruba nation and the Ooni has no peer in Yorubaland [Nigeria and beyond].

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2019
ONLY INSECURITY?.... alafin is being grossly

economical with the BITTER TRUTH!

THE REDUNDANT / SELF-SERVING COUPIST IS

ALL SHADES OF FIASCO!

can't forgive myself for voting the cow-brain in 2015!
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by islandmoon: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2019
iku Baba YeYe OooOo!! ari Oba fin lObanpa!

Baba just enter aja ile and beat that drum
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2019
Ostrogoth:

Thank you for the well intentioned retort. However, Oduduwa, the progenitor of the Yoruba race sat on the throne of Ile-Ife [the cradle of the Yoruba nation], while his sons and their descendants spread afar, founded new areas [including Oyo-Ile] and ruled. Oyo rose to prominence because it grew to become a powerful empire. Same for Ibadan [which was for a long time a domain of the Oyo Empire -- just like Ilorin was an outstation for Afonja who was Alaafin's general].

The status of Ile-Ife [the nucleus of the Yoruba people] and that of whoever sits supreme on its throne has never been in doubt. Oyo, no matter how big and influential it becomes, will always be a 'station' of the cradle -- Ile-Ife. And the father [Oduduwa, the first ruler of Ile-Ife] will always be first in time to the Son and have rule over the latter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amotekun Arrests 80-year-old Herder For Destroying Farms In Ondo / Sanwo-Olu Opens Peace Park In Ketu, Commits Youths To Progress / Datti: Swearing In Tinubu Is Like Handing Over To Military Coup Plotter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.