Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy (21031 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Buhari Warns Amosun Over Anti-party Activities / Boko Haram: Buhari Warns Nigerians Against Politicising Soldiers’ Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by CableWire: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
....and now your land is sitting in red-hot pot stand.
Oya, kontinu beating your support for the devil's first blood
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You see, you cannot place something on nothing. Oranmiyan, an Ife Prince, founded Oyo on one of his expeditions outside of Ile-Ife and became the first Alaafin there. Ile-Ife was a thriving civilization before Oyo, and it had it own rulership [whether they were considered kings or priests]. We can not have a Prince without a King somewhere; the presence of a son presupposes the existence of a father. It is a straightforward thing, whatever the Alaafin becomes, he is forever a son to the ruler [priest or whatever you term it] of Ile-Ife. However far Oyo goes, it will always have its roots rightly traced back to Ile-Ife.

Sir, before the colonial masters took control, the different kingdoms [founded by sons of Oduduwa, the first Ooni of Ife -- or the first ruler/priest of Ile-Ife, as you have said] in the areas now known as Yorubaland were running independently. In fact, they were almost always feuding. They warred against eachother and plundered eachother, so the stronger always levied some sort of tribute on the weaker as a show of allegiance to the superior, and also to guarantee protection.

Oyo became prominent because of its military superiority. There was no point of bickering between Oyo and Ile-Ife; it was [is] settled that Ile-Ife was the cradle. The contest between the two stools is a relatively recent phenomenon.
I don't really know where you're going with this. Oyo empire is well known and it stretched from parts of Benin to Dahomey in Benin Republic. You can tell me where Ife empire was and where it covered. The different clans warred against each other due to the lose structure of the Oyo monarchy. Whenever there was a weak Alaafin, the other kingdoms fought and obtained independence. Whenever a strong Alaafin emerged, they were quickly conquered and bought under his rulership. I'm yet to see a town conquered by Ife or under the control. Except superiority means something different, Alaafin enthroned Kings such as Olubadan, Soun, Timi, Afonja Ogedengbe e.t.c. You can tell me which particular kings Ooni enthroned. Bottomline is, the first recognized monarchical system in Yoruba land remains the Alaafin. If you can show me the monarchical system of Ife, i'll agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

I don't really know where you're going with this. Oyo empire is well known and it stretched from parts of Benin to Dahomey in Benin Republic. You can tell me where Ife empire was and where it covered. The different clans warred against each other due to the lose structure of the Oyo monarchy. Whenever there was a weak Alaafin, the other kingdoms fought and obtained independence. Whenever a strong Alaafin emerged, they were quickly conquered and bought under his rulership. I'm yet to see a town conquered by Ife or under the control. Except superiority means something different, Alaafin enthroned Kings such as Olubadan, Soun, Timi, Afonja Ogedengbe e.t.c. You can tell me which particular kings Ooni enthroned. Bottomline is, the first recognized monarchical system in Yoruba land remains the Alaafin. If you can show me the monarchical system of Ife, i'll agree with you.

Sir, you don't get my drift. Yes, Oyo empire was the most dominant of all Yoruba spheres of influence. Oyo was the strongest and it had no peer in strength in its heydays. However, it was never in contention that Oyo was founded by the son of the then Ooni of Ile-Ife. The relationship between Ile-Ife and Oyo is [should be] a non-threatening one -- a father-son relationship. Even if Oyo grew to the status of a superpower, it would always be to the pride of Ile-Ife [the home of all Alaafins, and indeed all Yorubas].

The Ooni Oduduwa [of Ile-Ife], whom Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II represents, is the FATHER of all Yorubas. All Yorubas [including Oyo people and their Alaafin] trace their genealogy to Ile-Ife ALONE.

It is no contest. It us just the ego of the human occupants clashing.

The greatness and accomplishments of a son (however awe-inspiring) should never be perceived to be threatening to the position of his father; it is a great honor to the father.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
Andhominem:

Mr Maduka, the current Ooni and Alaafin have since closed ranks. I am sure the Ooni is happy with what the Alaafin is currently doing since he doesn't have the nerves to do the same.
You might be correct though. It might be a case of the elerly taking over where the young are scared
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Sir, you don't get my drift. Yes, Oyo empire was the most dominant of all Yoruba spheres of influence. Oyo was the strongest and it had no peer in strength in its heydays. However, it was never in contention that Oyo was founded by the son of the then Ooni of Ile-Ife. The relationship between Ile-Ife and Oyo is [should be] a non-threatening one -- a father-son relationship. Even if Oyo grew to the status of a superpower, it would always be to the pride of Ile-Ife [the home of all Alaafins, and indeed all Yorubas].

The Ooni Oduduwa [of Ile-Ife], whom Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II represents, is the FATHER of all Yorubas. All Yorubas [including Oyo people] trace their genealogy to Ile-Ife ALONE.

It is no contest. It us just the ego of the human occupants clashing.

The greatness and accomplishments of a son (however awe-inspiring) should never be perceived to be threatening to the position of his father; it is a great honor to the father.

All dis ur story, what i'm telling you is that in terms of monarchy, Ooni is not superior to Alaafin. Moses is the deliverer of Israel, but till today, the lineage of David (a King) is recognized as the royal head of Israel. In cultural or spiritual matters, Moses will come first. But in political matters, David will be known. There is no question of superiority here. Both serve different purpose. If you can understand Ooni and Alaafin from that perspective, you'll be the better for it. Just like that other guy said; even the present Ooni and Alaafin have closed rank. It may be that he has the support of the Ooni in writing this letter. Even the Ooni himself referred to him as the foremost king during his visit to his palace in the early days of his reign so all this ur argument no go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by jattopeter(m): 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
Gandollar:
Is it the same buhari that failed all his professional exams you are talking about? That guy was is and would continue to be a disaster! APC only used his popularity among the illitrate crowd upnorth to grab power for themselves. These same illitrate crowd is the reason why Nigeria is backward.
That's the true state of the nation. Gospel truth

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Andhominem: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

You might be correct though. It might be a case of the elerly taking over where the young are scared

Exactly!
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

All dis ur story, what i'm telling you is that in terms of monarchy, Ooni is not superior to Alaafin. Moses is the deliverer of Israel, but till today, the lineage of David (a King) is recognized as the royal head of Israel. In cultural or spiritual matters, Moses will come first. But in political matters, David will be known. There is no question of superiority here. Both serve different purpose. If you can understand Ooni and Alaafin from that perspective, you'll be the better for it. Just like that other guy said; even the present Ooni and Alaafin have closed rank. It may be that he has the support of the Ooni in writing this letter. Even the Ooni himself referred to him as the foremost king during his visit to his palace in the early days of his reign so all this ur argument no go anywhere.

I am not an alarmist. I don't create contention where there is none. I, with the hindsight of history, brought another nuance to the letter. It is not a mischievous thing to do, it is for us [all of us] to learn, unlearn and be improved.

Let me ask you a question: who is the head of the Yoruba race [and who represents him]?

P.S.: Oro jagidijagan ko lo wa nile. We are learning [it is only a fool that thinks and feels all-knowing].
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Andhominem: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You keep putting 'Maduka' in bold form. C'mon, let's not go there. You DO NOT KNOW ME, so quit the attempt at bringing up ethnic shenanigans. It is not smart at all.

I repeat: you seem to be the one off-frequency. What you are contending on is not in contention.

Are you not a Maduka again grin

When did Madukas become experts in Yoruba history and tradition grin
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Andhominem:

Are you not a Maduka again grin

When did Madukas become experts in Yoruba history and tradition grin

Mental conditioning such as yours is part of the reasons why the black race has been so incapacitated. Do you know the meaning of 'ad hominem'? It is when people leave the substance of an argument/opinion and cling on the purveyor of such an argument.

Why was it so easy for you to skip the 'Femi' that came even before the 'Maduka'? You are on the borderline, be careful lest you fall into the abyss of chauvinism.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Andhominem: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Mental conditioning such as yours is part of the reasons why the black race has been so incapacitated. Do you know the meaning of 'ad hominem'? It is when people leave the substance of an argument/opinion and cling on the purveyor of such an argument.

Why was it so easy for you to skip the 'Femi' that came even before the 'Maduka'? You are on the borderline, be careful lest you fall into the abyss of chauvinism.

The Maduka has nullified the Femi. You are either hot or cold. Even, Our LORD God promised to spew lukewarm people out of his mouth. He just can't tolerate them... grin

And my moniker is Andhominem not Ad Hominem... tongue

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

I am not an alarmist. I don't create contention where there is none. I, with the hindsight of history, brought another nuance to the letter. It is not a mischievous thing to do, it is for us [all of us] to learn, unlearn and be improved.

Let me ask you a question: who is the head of the Yoruba race [and who represents him]?

P.S.: Oro jagidijagan ko lo wa nile. We are learning [it is only a fool that thinks and feels all-knowing].

This ur question is what i'm trying to correct. In monarchy, the father does not just assume "head". The present Ooni's father was not a king was he? Thus, by ur simplistic explanation, his father should be the head of the Yorubas presently, since he is still alive. It is tradition and culture we're talking abt here. The Ooni is cultural and spiritual head of Yorubas. But the Alaafin holds a distinct place as the political head of Yorubas in pre-colonial times. Thus, the Alaafin and Ooni are separate and equal in distinct representation of Yorubas. Again, no issue of superiority here.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by SOFTDRINK: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
YorubaHero12:
Alafin of Oyo, iku baba yeye, alase ikeji orisa have spoken.

Baba is trying to tell Buhari that we are gradually being pushed to the wall and the time for retaliation against the killer Fulani herdsmen is near if not already here.

I think Buhari is too rigid and it’s a mistake for voting him back coz how the hell will he still be keeping the IG of police and other security personnel when the nation is burning with none of the Fulani herdsmen being arrested or convicted.

The north should realize that when the majority of the carefree Yorubas wakes up completely, then the cup of the Fulani will be full coz it will lead to a full blown southern alliance and the nation will have no alternative than to end up in chaos if the status quo is not changed.

Yorubas are the only tribe keeping this nation as one, we act like the buffer between the north and the rest of the south, if this Fulani issue is not nipped in the bud, then a lot will happen in the following few months.

Kudos to Alafin.
At the bolded, please the yoruba should fight their battle ALONE, the better south can never align with snakes.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Not exactly so sir. Oduduwa was the first leader [political and spiritual] of the Yoruba people and every Yoruba king traces his origin and authority to Oduduwa. In fact, in[b] Yoruba mythology, it is believed that Olodumare [God, the almighty] sent Oduduwa to earth and that he landed in Ife via the aid of a chain and started life [human existence] there.[/b] This may be ridiculous and run contrariwise to the 'Adam and Even' version in the Abrahamic narration. However, it is what Yoruba mythology says and it has to be respected.

The Ooni sits directly on the throne of Oduduwa. In those days, supreme leaders [Kings] were a hybrid of king [political] and deity [spiritual].

Let's even avoid long narratives, see this: the Alaafin is referred to as 'Igbakeji orisa', to wit, the second-in-command to the deity. On the other hand, the Ooni is referred to as 'Ooni orisa' or "Ooni'risa", to wit, the deity himself. It is pretty clear sir. Well, let us not be ignorant of the fact that controversy and power go hand-in-hand, so the ego contest is not altogether unusual.

This is wrong. You're referring to Obatala here not Oduduwa. Obatala is he who descended with a cock and a bowl of sand not Oduduwa

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ayed44: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Andhominem:

@bolded

Thank you, my brother.

Both Ooni and Alaafin cannot behave the same way when they meet Buhari. The Ooni showed himself to be a young man. Alaafin is proving to be an elder.
If Alaafin is invited to meet Buhari at the Aso villa tomorrow, his choice of words will equally change.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Andhominem: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ayed44:
If Alaafin is invited to meet Buhari at the Aso villa tomorrow, his choice of words will equally change.

I doubt! Besides, I dont think he will like to meet the president. Sending an open letter, in fact, speaks volumes.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FemiMaduka(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

This is wrong. You're referring to Obatala here not Oduduwa. Obatala is he who descended with a cock and a bowl of sand not Oduduwa

You are right. I intended to say Obatala. Olodumare was the Father of both Obatala and Oduduwa. Olodumare sent Obatala from heaven to create life form on earth, and he landed in Ile-Ife. His brother, Oduduwa, later usurped his authority before he could consolidate his hold on power.

But do you realise that Obatala was considered 'king' in the then 'newly' created Ile-Ife? -- a position his brother [Oduduwa] took? I urge you to read extensively on this topic.

Obatala later went on to become deified as the head of Orisa in the heavenly realms. Obatala was not allowed to consolidate his hold on power, due to the usurpation by his brother, Oduduwa. This is the reason why the lineage is rightly that of Oduduwa.

The point, sir, is that all of this -- the creation narrative, the origin of Yoruba people, the first organized Yoruba rulership etc. -- is credited to Ile-Ife. I am not so obsessed with who dominates who; I just want to point out that the Ooni-ship [first effectively occupied by Oduduwa, and now occupied by Adeyeye Ogunwusi] antedates ALL Yoruba monarchical systems [or any semblance of organized rulership].

The Oyo Empire under the Alaafin-ship was (is) the STRONGEST, but it doesn't change the fact that it originated from Ile-Ife [under the rule of the Ooni]. Power is transient; established facts are immutable.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Ayed44: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
Buckubuck:

This is an unnecessary argument. No matter how popular or rich or powerful or influential a son may become, he can never be said to be older than his father. Ooni's throne predates Alaafin's throne.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are right. I intended to say Obatala. Olodumare was the Father of both Obatala and Oduduwa. Olodumare sent Obatala from heaven to create life form on earth, and he landed in Ile-Ife. His brother, Oduduwa, later usurped his authority before he could consolidate his hold on power.

But do you realise that Obatala was considered 'king' in the then 'newly' created Ile-Ife? -- a position his brother [Oduduwa] took? I urge you to read extensively on this topic.

Obatala later went on to become deified as the head of Orisa in the heavenly realms. Obatala was not allowed to consolidate his hold on power, due to the usurpation by his brother, Oduduwa. This is the reason why the lineage is rightly that of Oduduwa.

The point, sir, is that all of this -- the creation narrative, the origin of Yoruba people, the first organized Yoruba rulership etc. -- is credited to Ile-Ife. I am not so obsessed with who dominates who; I just want to point out that the Ooni-ship [first effectively occupied by Oduduwa, and now occupied by Adeyeye Ogunwusi] antedates ALL Yoruba monarchical systems [or any semblance of organized rulership].

The Oyo Empire under the Alaafin-ship was (is) the STRONGEST, but it doesn't change the fact that it originated from Ile-Ife [under the rule of the Ooni]. Power is transient; established facts are immutable.

The founder originated from Ife, but he did not get his crown from Ife. There are six other children though who also went on to form other dynasties. I agree with you sha. I'm sure in those days, the spiritual head will also double as the political head. I understand ur point and accept. But it must still be stated that the Obatalas and Oduduwas were not seen as Kings in the sense that Alaafin is perceived. But of course they are heads of their domains so you are correct.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by dragunov: 5:48am On Jul 23, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Nice one. At least he was bold to shun political correctness and call them what they are, Herdsmen!! Though he fuckedd up where he said he still is confident that Buhari will take the country tothem promised land. I wonder who promised us any land as Nigerians

He is just massaging Buharis ego. You don't understand Yoruba people. What he has said means the exact opposite.
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by elijahkayode(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2019
zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/alaafin-writes-buhari-warns-against-looming-anarchy-in-nigeria.html

Islamisation of The Nigeria state Buhari & presidency cabals Yorubaxit
With the recent spike in Terrorist (herdsmen, shites, etc) activities all over Nigeria (radical and unprovoked killings), it's safe to say this is Jubril Al Sudan aka (Muhammad Buhari) next phase in his brutal Islamisation agenda.
Before you can understand this brouhaha, you need to head to the world stage(America & Britain Vs Iran and it's radical Islam movement
Jun 4 2017 the original president Muhammad Buhari (old & fragile as seen in the clip released by the US media) was invited to the US Whitehouse to give an account on why Christians were being killed, he blamed it on radical Islam's from Muslim countries (mainly Iran and it's counterparts).
Excerpt from the video
"This are people are mainly professionals trained to shoot & kill all their life"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6VwjX617g
A week after this meeting, over 200 Christian were killed in a massacre in plateau State
After this interview the cabal were angry at how the original Buhari could divulge such information, soon after this he was taken out of the picture and replaced with the more younger and vibrant (Jubril).
YORUBA Wakeup
Nigeria have been infiltrated and as time goes by and seemingly backed by the impunity of the Jubril (buhari) Administration, This terrorist have gotten bolder killing our people (sons and daughters) without fear (they are in our midst) leaving deaths & destruction in their wake, this people won't stop unless they are stop.
Some Yoruba states have been compromised on the government level, look closely
The Solution
Yorubaland States should come together and break off from Nigeria while we still can, we've got all the resources we need right here or we (Yoruba) risk everything, look closely and you will see a nation where Hope has being replaced by something else. How did we get here as a country, a nation once revered for bringing liberty to Africa but the deeds have been done
Let's take bake our Money, Control, Security from the Federal government, Nigeria (an emblem of massive debt & corruption ) have served it purpose ( which is to gain independence from our colonial masters) and it should be led to rest, the tribes have got noting keeping them together as a nation
If you think this cabals will relish the presidency in 2023, you are dreaming (only a Northerner) and they've got the votes.
The LORDS will be done. Non negotiable
If Brexit is happening "Yorubaxit" can happen, we be the size of Ghana and that's perfectly okay, we support evil out of fear (Fela, mko Abiola, funsho Williams and lot of others paid the price) but no more.
YORUBA ANI LATI RO NU OOO
Their War on Religion will fail utterly, believer keep your faith, ( All authority belongs to Christ).
We need Guidance (Christ) for we fight not against flesh but spiritual evil (roaring lion) seeking to devour Nigeria. Exalt God and He will exalt you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Children Rescued From A Boko Haram Camp In Cameroon Can’t Remember Their Names / Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose / Kemi Adeosun's DashMe Foundation: Osinbajo Hails Ex Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.