Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG (31095 Views)

EFCC Arrests Yewande Sadiku, Detains And Questions Her Over Fraud / EFCC Questions Yewande Sadiku, NIPC Boss, Over Contract Fraud / Soldiers, Bello Abubakar & Oyediran Adedotun Kidnapped By Bandits In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2019
NkemChukwudi:
That lady will kill again.....

Definitely!
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by oriewanbe: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2019
dokiOloye:
Convicted of murder,spent ONLY 2 yrs before pardon
Fish is smelling oo
The man died for nothing. Where is the Justice in this country? Just 7 years for murder she cannot spend. What do they want people that have being in jail for 20years without trial or conviction to do?
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Alhajiemeritus: 7:54am On Jul 22, 2019
Pascopele:
You want to stop scratching after you shave your pubic area? Yes! I'm talking to you!

Next time, make sure you don't shave your skin when it's dry, warm water preferably.

Stretch your skin and shave in the direction your hair grows not against it

Thank me later
Use soap too.
It helps.

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by DameB(f): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2019
CorperKola:

I think the correct thing no matter how controversial (idgaf) should be dont marry a woman you cant CONTROL.

Whether lawyer or not is irrelevant

Why would you want to CONTROL another individual?
Being respectful, submissive and deferring to a husband is an individual thing.... irrespective of education and profession

Women that live in COERCIVE CONTROL sometimes end up killing their spouses.
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Aystarz: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2019
Kobicove:
Her early pardon means that justice was denied the family of the guy she murdered... angry

If I were the murdered man's father I would make it my life ambition to kill this woman wherever she may be!

Why not start with the crook who let her go? grin
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by blackpanda: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2019
NkemChukwudi:
That lady will kill again.....

Shut up pls
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by blackpanda: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2019
Oche211:
The gesture has the word "wrong" written over it.
She didn't pushed her husband and he slumped and died, she killed him with a knife.
Maybe her influential family pushed for the manslaughter case instead of murder.
The Governor is wrong, she doesn't deserve it.

Were u there when they fought So a woman will just wake up one morning carry knife and stab her husband Smh. Be real pls.
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by blackpanda: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2019
post=80506553:

For those confused about how prison time is calculated, hope you have learnt something at the bolded!

@topic, no wicked person will ever escape the judgement day in heaven, even if you think you have escaped your evil deed in this world.

That is u already judging a case u know nothing about. How do u know the husband wasn't the evil one here
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by CorperKola: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2019
DameB:

Being respectful, submissive and deferring to a husband is an individual thing.... irrespective of education and profession

The word Control has been given a bad name, why should you have a problem with a man controlling his wife.
I am sureyou have a job, do your bosses not control you in your job
Do your parents not control you
What does respect, submission and deference to her husband mean anyway for a wife.
We like to sugercoat things too much
Even if i am referring to strong influence or persuasion, its still a form of control.
Influence is a form of control.
Why would you have a problem with that?
I guess the lawyer in you is coming out. grin
I have a younger brother for a lawyer and his attitude is that of arrogance and feeling like he knows everything on this earth. So naturally, we argue a lot.
So i'll definitely think twice about anything serious with a female lawyer.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Oche211(m): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2019
blackpanda:

Were u there when they fought So a woman will just wake up one morning carry knife and stab her husband Smh. Be real pls.
A woman moment of fury is worse that the most dreaded hurricanes, tornadoes and storms combine.

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by sisisioge: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2019
That's why it is important for people to flee from abusive partners...the dead is the ultimate loser, no one can pardon him/her back to life! Life ultimately goes on for the living...it is well.

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by blackpanda: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Oche211:

A woman moment of fury is worse that the most dreaded hurricanes, tornadoes and storms combine.

So u are judging this woman based on ur bias against all woman. You don't know the facts of this particular case, neither do u know the character of any of the parties. As such it is not ur place to judge. Many things happen behide marital closed doors that u don't know
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Scetrocom: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Oche211:
The gesture has the word "wrong" written over it.
She didn't pushed her husband and he slumped and died, she killed him with a knife.
Maybe her influential family pushed for the manslaughter case instead of murder.
The Governor is wrong, she doesn't deserve it.

God is watching them in 3D. Both her family and Ajimobi will surely feel the judgement of God.
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by DameB(f): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2019
CorperKola:

The word Control has been given a bad name, why should you have a problem with a man controlling his wife.
I am sureyou have a job, do your bosses not control you in your job
Do your parents not control you
What does respect, submission and deference to her husband mean anyway for a wife.
We like to sugercoat things too much
Even if i am referring to strong influence or persuasion, its still a form of control.
Influence is a form of control.
Why would you have a problem with that?
I guess the lawyer in you is coming out. grin
I have a younger brother for a lawyer and his attitude is that of arrogance and feeling like he knows everything on this earth. So naturally, we argue a lot.
So i'll definitely think twice about anything serious with a female lawyer.

grin grin grin I give up .... Hands in the air... Even the untrained lawyer in me see you run... Chuckles
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by grandstar(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2019
DameB:

At long last, a sensible post! Phew

Why can't people reason she might have pushed to the wall through abuse and she didn't know when she lost it? There's no sense of empathy or compassion from these online crutics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by josite: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2019
what they dont know is by releasing her too soon ,they are endangering her life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Karemarealty288(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Lucky her...

She will live with the stigma of being a killer even as a free person.

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by CorperKola: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2019
grandstar:

Why can't people reason she might have pushed to the wall through abuse and she didn't know when she lost it? There's no sense of empathy or compassion from these online crutics

Can you Imagine
Just imagine it was the other way round
Justifying a man stabbing his wife.
Online feminists would have sentenced and killed you already.
Saying the man may have been pushed to the wall thats y he killed his wife.
A man is suppossed to walk away in the face of provocation, but a woman can stab her husband cos of provocation. Abi and we should have empathy. Abi
Sango and Ogun will judge you!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by WriterX(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2019
X was at the prisons, X saw what really happened and Now because of that X can't comment further.
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by CorperKola: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2019
DameB:

grin grin grin I give up .... Hands in the air... Even the untrained lawyer in me see you run... Chuckles
Na so naw
My point exactly
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by DameB(f): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2019
sisisioge:
That's why it is important for people to flee from abusive partners...the dead is the ultimate loser, no one can pardon him/her back to life! Life ultimately goes on for the living...it is well.

This is the total truth....It's a hard pill to swallow....Flee from all appearances of abuse in a relationship

2 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by CorperKola: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2019
blackpanda:

So u are judging this woman based on ur bias against all woman. You don't know the facts of this particular case, neither do u know the character of any of the parties. As such it is not ur place to judge. Many things happen behide marital closed doors that u don't know
To begin with, you cant be serious,
This is a case that has been decided by a law court. She is a convicted criminal. This isnt a social media trial like some people specialize in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by DameB(f): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2019
CorperKola:

Can you Imagine
Just imagine it was the other way round
Justifying a man stabbing his wife.
Online feminists would have sentenced and killed you already.
Saying the man may have been pushed to the wall thats y he killed his wife.
A man is suppossed to walk away in the face of provocation, but a woman can stab her husband cos of provocation. Abi and we should have empathy. Abi
Sango and Ogun will judge you!

There are men stabbing, flaying, strangling and killing their wives daily all over the world.... Before the end of the week you might even see few of their stories...
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2019
injustice of the highest order and gross abuse of executive powers.
but come to think of it, she left the physical prison walls but can never leave the emotional, psychological and social heavy metal bars that currently incarcerate her and will continue to for life. will any of you men ever draw close to her ever again? can any human being ever trust her again? can she ever practice her legal profession again? will you ever do business with her? if she had any children (which I'm made to believe she doesn't) even they will bear the social scars of the toga of having a murderess as a mother. she's an outcast; a social Ebola patient to be avoided at all cost. never to be free from cynical looks, snide remarks, finger pointing. she's a potential suicide. however you view it she lost. sad

5 Likes

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by HeraldAgric01(m): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2019
Just don't allow anyone terminate your existence, nothing will happen in Nigeria. Justice always elusive to the victims.
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by CorperKola: 8:39am On Jul 22, 2019
DameB:

There are men stabbing, flaying, strangling and killing their wives daily all over the world.... Before the end of the week you might even see few of their stories...
I am not denying that, there are women doing same all over the world too, you may also see the stories before the week runs out.
Why the different reactions to this cases. Thats my question, so u missed the point entirely.
Why the different reactions, men are just not as good of a victim like a woman abi. Smh
Thats y i started with can u imagine if it was d oda way round... To help with ur comprehension...

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by karma2000: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2019
u see why I said politics is vanity in Nigeria if an unproved COZA rubbish\lies or adult Toyshop bullshit alien to our culture useless noise go plenty now an woman killer because foolish people don't keep quiet karma is punishing us for our sins
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by lekebanks: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2019
From the facts of the crime, motive was clearly a precursor to the offence. A summary of the events which led to her pardon are that:

1) Yewande, a lawyer with the State Ministry of Justice, faced a charge that she stabbed her husband to death on 2 February 2016

2) She reportedly stabbed her 38 year-old husband twice.

3) Oyelowo (husband) died after he was brutally stabbed

4) The first time, she hit the husband on the shoulder, missing his heart by just few inches.

5) When the husband returned from hospital, she attacked him again, this time hitting him fatally on the neck. Oyelowo bled to death.

a) According to family sources, the argument between husband and wife had started over the husband’s proposed business trip to Europe and then to stop over to visit his child (from another woman) who’s also living in Europe with the mother.

b) “Their neighbour-the Landlord intervened in the matter and took Oyelowo to a nearby hospital for treatment as he bled profusely.

c) After treatment he was released to return home and instructed to rest as he had lost a lot of blood. On arriving home, the Landlord’s son offered Lowo his room to pass the night. But he declined the offer stating clearly that ‘all was fine as he trusted his wife and believed she didn’t mean to harm him’.

d) “Few hours later, a shout was heard again: it was the cry of a man in agony. Oyelowo was battling for his life, blood gushing out of his neck and mouth. His wife Yewande had used a knife to stab him once again, unfortunately it was in the neck, a very delicate part of the body. He was whisked to the hospital where he was certified dead on arrival”.

6) Charged with murder but convicted of manslaughter and handed a 7 year sentence.

7) Pardoned 3 years later after petition was allegedly written by highly connected family members of hers and under a committee made up of members of her State Ministry of Justice

cool Without prejudice to her pardon, many amongst the 350 cases left unpardoned constitute minor / simple offences worthy of the same prerogative order.

Animal farm's certainly more domesticated than this zoo. Double standard's the name of the game!

Try to join the winning team, if not wetin you gain?

Congratulations to her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by livinbygrace: 8:46am On Jul 22, 2019
grandstar:

Don’t worry ,I hope you would be able to say the same if such happens to any of your loved ones ?

1 Like

Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Mummymahdi(f): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2019
dokiOloye:
Convicted of murder,spent ONLY 2 yrs before pardon
Fish is smelling oo
Convicted of manslaughter not murder
Re: Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG by Walelavender(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2019
I followed this case till the time of conviction. It was premeditated. A lady who stabbed her husband and locked up all the doors to avoid escape, as described by neighbours at Akobo. Very unfortunate. Her father was a former PS and lady in question used to work with the Ministry of Justice. Put these together sad

Yes,the former governor had the constitutional right to grant clemency but not when it is premeditated murder . Oh,they called it manslaughter

No justice in this world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Governor Abiodun, Deputy, Speaker Relocate Abroad, Abandon State Functions / Appointment Of Service Chiefs: 25 Generals Asked To Retire Within 6 Weeks / Nigerians Blast PDP For Politicising Buhari Statements On Election Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.