Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

GOC To B/haram: Give Peace A Chance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GOC To B/haram: Give Peace A Chance (260 Views)

Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara / B/haram Using Drones To Monitor Troops’ Operations – Borno Gov / Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GOC To B/haram: Give Peace A Chance by JosEast(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2019
The General Officer Commanding 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major-General Bulama Biu, has asked Boko Haram insurgents to give peace a chance. Speaking Saturday at the Command Guest House in Maiduguri, Borno State, at a grand reception in his honour over his accelerated promotion, he said: “I call on Boko Haram members to give peace a chance and lay down their arms and come back home so that they can be reintegrated back to the society as there are many opportunities for them.

They can aspire to become what they want to become. They can even aspire to become president of this country.

“We are not going to be detracted by the activities of Boko Haram terrorist and their collaborators. “This war is a must-win the war, there is no development without peace as Borno deserves peace, northeast deserves peace and Nigeria at large deserves peace.”

Borno State Governor Babagana Umara, represented by his deputy, Usman Kadafur, said the state remained indebted to the military for bringing peace back to the state “and our heart will continue to be with those that paid the supreme price to ensure that peace comes back to our land.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/goc-to-b-haram-give-peace-a-chance.html

Re: GOC To B/haram: Give Peace A Chance by Xtopherprince(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2019
This GOC is a foolish somebody Ooh. Begging Boko Haram to give peace a chance. There's nothing we won't hear in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee: Delta APC Was Formed In My Parlour – Keyamo / Epia Is A Politician Hiding Under Journalism To Defame Me - Nwulu / Catholic Priest Shot Dead By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.