Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara (27500 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Wike Defies Threats, Lands In Port Harcourt / PDP Crisis: I Met Wike Five Times Without Solution – Atiku / PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Thissystem: 5:55pm On Mar 07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcyuiKkybnQ

Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, says he is willing to give up his office for peace to endure in the State.

The governor made this known in an interview with African Independent Television, AIT.

Recall that Gov Fubara and the former governor of the State, now the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, have been enmeshed in a political crisis as a result of political differences.

The power tussle in Rivers over the last two months has attained a dramatic height, creating tension and anxiety before the intervention by President Bola Tinubu.

Amid the crisis, Wike was alleged to have demanded a certain percentage of Rivers revenue, a claim he has denied.

There was also an attempt by the State House of Assembly to impeach the governor.

The Assembly complex was bombed in the process, with Wike accusing Fubara of orchestrating the act.

Also, twenty-seven members of the State House of Assembly loyal to Wike defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, in an attempt to impeach the governor.

Tinubu would later move in to end the rift by brokering peace between Wike and Fubara, which many believed put Fubara in a disadvantageous position.

However, the Governor is now saying that no sacrifice would be too big for him to pay for the success of the administration.

Fubara said he was more worried about the fate of Rivers people who had made sacrifices.

He said: “No sacrifice would be too big for me to pay for the success of this administration. And the reason is simple: it’s not political love. It’s not because I want to gain any favour from anybody, my interest and love for our dear state is genuine. I am not trying to say I want to be one man that will be there to decide the fate of all. No. But let Rivers State remain.

“My burden at that time was not the issue of all the drama, it is the issue of Rivers people who have made sacrifice, who are seeing opportunity, and it looks as if their hope has been dashed. They were the one I was worried about; what would be their fate, that was my trouble, it was not about me.

“If leaving this position is what I need or what is needed to bring more peace to the State, I can even tell you to come and take it. It’s not about me. People should know although definitely I am here, I will go but Rivers State will remain.

[i]“I’m the governor, there are things I could have done and there would be total crisis but the ability to restrain in the face of crisis even when you have the power to do things is maturity.”

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/03/im-willing-to-give-up-my-office-for-peace-in-rivers-governor-fubara/#

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by immortalcrown(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07
Supper Story!

You are not willing to do so. You will only give up if defeated.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Thissystem: 5:56pm On Mar 07
Rivers political crisis needs to be resolved, abegi, so we can focus on other pressing National issues.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by successmatters(m): 5:56pm On Mar 07
How many months arrears of N20 billion are you owing your godfather?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by saintjimos(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07
A weakling I must say

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07
Ride on Government SIM Fubara, majority of Rivers state people already loved you sir

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Dedeity: 6:06pm On Mar 07
Mere words. Mr governor, you and I know that you're not saying the truth

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by GanagiBitrus: 6:07pm On Mar 07
No Gree For Anybody o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Kam2021: 6:09pm On Mar 07
This is the only news from Rivers state a supposed oil rich state that is supposed to be bubbling with projects and investors.You never even start projects..1 year gone

22 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by pode(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07
Please stop this lies

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Toluwanise247(m): 6:39pm On Mar 07
O
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Max24: 6:42pm On Mar 07
Dey play !

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by magoo10(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07
Something wike will never do
You will only live to regret it
Stand firm and stand strong

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Cassandraloius: 8:15pm On Mar 07
Why giving up so soon? Rivers state governors tire me, some are weak, some are agile. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by DedanKimathi(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07
I don't know the ins nd outs of Rivers politics, neither do I know the beginning nd fallout of Wike-Fubara political life.

But I know unlike Amaechi, Wike nd Fubara have been less careful of their utterances nd both talks too much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by atobs4real(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07
I really pity u in your situation.
Na scope
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by tunjijones(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07
Una still dey on top this Mata?

I think say Una don give peace chance..

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by deedo93(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07
You better sit tight sir
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by atobs4real(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07
Na jab u throw
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by AsomStructures: 9:43pm On Mar 07
This one is supposed to be a councilor.. Not a governor

7 Likes 1 Share

Na jab u throw and also looking for sympathy
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by abobote: 9:43pm On Mar 07
You have to be a man and fight
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by tnerro1(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07
Chicken
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Marvieduke(f): 9:44pm On Mar 07
This is super story..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Judithjovial(f): 9:44pm On Mar 07
That'll be historic though
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:45pm On Mar 07
GOVR DONT RESIGN,RE angrySTRATEGIZE, THE RIVERS NEED YOU. angry
Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:45pm On Mar 07
When that time comes now, they will say I was quoted out of context

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by naija4life247: 9:45pm On Mar 07
You don't know anything. We will teach you Politics just as we taught your forefathers.

You and your Zombidients gang should square up against Wike the wicked one and Tinubu Jagaban. You go know wetin you no know very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: I Am Willing To resign to give peace a chance - Gov Fubara by Seunpapa65: 9:45pm On Mar 07
Resign abeg all this your initial gra gra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Fraud In Nigeria N117billion Rice Import Quota Scheme - Premuim Times / Peter Obi With His Family Celebrate Christmas At Orphanage Home In Onitsha- Pics / Fact Check On Peter Obi During Town Hall Session With Kadaria - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.