Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union (22097 Views)

Syria: Teenager Shot Dead By Her Own Family For Refusing To Marry Her Cousin / Xenophobia: Mob Destroys 4 Nigerian Shops, Houses In South Africa - Union / Nigerian Teenager Stabbed To Death In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nigerians killing Nigerians

Africans killing Nigerians

The rest of the world persecuting Nigerian.

Guess Nigerians are slowly becoming an endangered specie.
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Igbo! Na dem... their population is reducing in Malaysia, indonesia, india etc grin cheesy
By their names you shall know them. An illiterate fulani herdsman never reads before commenting. Sorry for your education, that is if you have one.
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by TheFacelessMan: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

sad sad

A 17 yr old went out to buy something from a nearby shop but was chased down and murdered in cold blood..
This is all you can say about it my Yoruba Muslim friend .. A fellow countryman

Thunder fire anybody who says this country will ever prosper... God punish all those who joined this country together...

We are never one.. And we can never be one..

Keep quiet!

What he said is inhumane but YOU are known for not caring if lives are lost as long as they are Yoruba.

You are just as despicable as he is.

1 Like

Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Keep quiet!

What he said is inhumane but YOU are known for not caring if lives are lost as long as they are Yoruba.

God punish the founding fathers of this cesspit of Evil called Nigeria...
We are not one and can never be ...
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by bluefilm: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Druggers in action!
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by morpheus24: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian Union in South Africa (NUSA) has alleged that a Nigerian teenager has been shot dead in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

This comes after the Deputy Director-General of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Obianuju Ndubuisi-Chukwu, was reportedly strangled in her hotel room in South Africa on June 13.

NUSA President, Adetola Olubajo, said on Monday that the victim, Chinonso Obiaju, 17, a high school student, was killed in Johannesburg on Saturday.

He said the deceased student lived in Roodepoort, Johannesburg with his guardian.

Mr Olubajo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone that his guardian, Mike Nsofor, said he was shot at about 6:30 pm.

“He went to buy from a shop with his friend and someone chased and opened fire on them, killing him,’’ Olubajo quoted the guardian saying.

He added that the family would be burying him in South Africa and that the union’s leaders in Johannesburg would be contacting him on developments.

Olubajo said they were going to the police on Monday to finalise on the registry and provision of his papers.

“He was born here I learnt and the Mother is in the U.S. I have spoken to Mike Nsofor to pass the Nigerian community’s condolences and call for justice to be served in this case as anybody who hunts down a young schoolboy couldn’t have any justifiable reasons,’’ Olubajo said.

He implored the Federal Government to urgently protect Nigerians in the Diaspora.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/?p=836010

This article is somewhat inciting. There is no evidence that the individual was shot by a South African nor is there any preconceived motive pointing to the suggestion that the killing targeted a "Nigerian" in particular.

how is this news different from a Nigerian killed in Nigeria by SARS operatives during one of their raids or the death of Eniola Aluko shot dead in London.

Hmmm?? Una like find trouble

1 Like

Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by tigerclaws: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
[s]
BlackCrainte:
Gang norms!
[/s]
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by ejemamaka: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by hollah123: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2019
skukimania:

O ma se o! Real shame on you! Hanhan! A secondary school boy was killed and this is what you can come up with?
Tribalism kill you there. undecided
i use to reason this way b4 but the igbos can do worse if reverse were to b d case. look at how d igbos handled olakunrins case, it's like they find utmost joy in rejoicing at d downfall of others. so I don't blame this guy probably they pushed him to d wall too
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by hollah123: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Keep quiet!

bro don't mind d fool, look at d way they wey happy n running their mouth when olakunrin was killed, but they are now crying victim. when igbos dey do their own e dey sweet Dem but when karma comes into play they start playing victim
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by XDaBOSS(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
oboye!!! since I enter NL today na so so shot! shot!! shot!!! I just de read...nawa ooo
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by sleekking(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

sad sad

A 17 yr old went out to buy something from a nearby shop but was chased down and murdered in cold blood..
This is all you can say about it my Yoruba Muslim friend .. A fellow countryman

Thunder fire anybody who says this country will ever prosper... God punish all those who joined this country together...

We are never one.. And we can never be one..

Some of you Igbos think you have the sole license to mock and rejoice over the misfortune of people from other ethnic group, but start whining like a child (that you are) and playing victims. You people divided this country with your hate campaign along side the despicable oaf known as Patience Jonathan.
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
sleekking:

Some of you Igbos think you have the sole license to mock and rejoice over the misfortune of people from other ethnic group, but start whining like a child (that you are) and playing victims. You people divided this country with your hate campaign along side the despicable oaf known as Patience Jonathan.

those regions that gave me 97% will not be treated like those that me 5%..
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by morpheus24: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
sleekking:

Tribal emotional bigotry with no use of reasoning behind it.

The article is about a "Nigerian" who died in South Africa, until Nigeria becomes no more, the individual mentioned by law and by jus soli is a Nigerian.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by larryhills: 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
d monkey at the top will not talk or act because no Muhammad or any Buhari has been killed.. no worries... what goes around comes around
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by lamstands(m): 12:24am On Jul 23, 2019
What I don't understand about this government, is how they are behaving like draw soup, they kill our people home they won't talk they kill us abroad, they still won't say anything. This government is just a statue.
Re: Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union by losky83: 1:53am On Jul 23, 2019
Citizenshelm:
Nigerian Union in South Africa (NUSA) has alleged that a Nigerian teenager has been shot dead in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

This comes after the Deputy Director-General of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN), Obianuju Ndubuisi-Chukwu, was reportedly strangled in her hotel room in South Africa on June 13.

NUSA President, Adetola Olubajo, said on Monday that the victim, Chinonso Obiaju, 17, a high school student, was killed in Johannesburg on Saturday.

He said the deceased student lived in Roodepoort, Johannesburg with his guardian.

Mr Olubajo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone that his guardian, Mike Nsofor, said he was shot at about 6:30 pm.

“He went to buy from a shop with his friend and someone chased and opened fire on them, killing him,’’ Olubajo quoted the guardian saying.

He added that the family would be burying him in South Africa and that the union’s leaders in Johannesburg would be contacting him on developments.

Olubajo said they were going to the police on Monday to finalise on the registry and provision of his papers.

“He was born here I learnt and the Mother is in the U.S. I have spoken to Mike Nsofor to pass the Nigerian community’s condolences and call for justice to be served in this case as anybody who hunts down a young schoolboy couldn’t have any justifiable reasons,’’ Olubajo said.

He implored the Federal Government to urgently protect Nigerians in the Diaspora.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/?p=836010

This is painfully annoying.infact I can't xpress my anger enough in writing.this same people we helped in the past are now using our people for target practice?,and our government is doing nothing about it?THIS IS TO OUR PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.bros I beg u in the name of God,Allah.do something about this.if u don't know what to do,please ask the previous israely prime ministers for advice.am sure they would tell u that u are not supposed to compromise the lives of your people over diplomatic relationship.Nigeria has nothing to loose economically but they have so much to loose.at least make a statement of threat about breaking ties and eventually,plan to do so if the killings don't stop.we may be suffering from corruption,but we are the greatest country in Africa and this killings of our people in south Africa with their government quiet is a big insult.Mr President my own direct advice to you because I know your media aids will read this is,............IF THE KILLINGS CONTINUE,ADVICE AND SUPPORT OUR PEOPLE TO COME BACK HOME,CLOSE THE EMBASSY IN SOUTH AFRICA,BREAK DIPLOMATIC TIES,SHOT THEIR BUSINESS INTEREST DOWN HERE IN NIGERIA AND ASK THEM TO LEAVE OUR COUNTRY.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Man Over N4.5m Love Scam (Pictured) / Ghanaian Residents Lay Curses On Nigerian Kidnapper Over 3 Missing Girls. Photo / Young Man Commits Suicide In Katsina (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.