Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash (85376 Views)

Jimoh Isiaka Shot During EndSARS Protest Dies At BUTH - Seyi Makinde / Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter / Channels TV Journalist Shot As Police Clash With Shiites In Abuja [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Businext: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
Anduku:

You're right, and this is the same problem with almost every sector in this country, we just can't get basic things right. This was a very avoidable death.

Not to defend Channels but
Foreign journalists also die even when fully kitted
The job is hazardous
Reason am now even a DCP died
It's sad
Many people laugh at NTA journalists that they report at the scene after 4 days, but here's a station that wants to up their game and take back their trophy from TVC. Sadly it has cost the life of a government pikin all Corps members are government pikins.
May he rest well oh
I wonder if the first aid and hospital also acted promptly

#LifeNoGetDuplicate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Abusombody: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
Just imagine the soul that have gone down just because of one man wicked heart and refusing to obey court order... RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by haaryobhami: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
Shibaraba:
While obeying the clarion call she was called to glory

An avoidable death
Wetin e go take make he release the man jejely

E pain me
Oh e pain me
After years of study....

I dey see your posts all around the threads
Hope you are happy now
Go carry the corpse turn am to barbeque
Add pepper and onions make una chop am well

Make sure say Una belleful.
For wetin touch outsider go soon touch una.
Na turn by turn.

I hope the bbq terrorist guy nd sarrki are happy now for supporting a useless agbada wearin Adolf Hitler called buhari.

I just pray Nigeria split make i dy my oduduwa republic jeje.
Am tired of sharing nationality with those animals from the north even animals are better than dem

6 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by abiolamitodun(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
all this reporters sef them be acting like okada boys...As if them get extra life for house...
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Iamklade(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Nigerian Police and lack of trigger discipline...will still blame the Shiites last last...
Blaming the Shiites is their way of covering up for their ineptitude cluelessness recklessness and obvious unprofessionalism
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by madridsta007(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
BuyACar:

Seriously a bad time to be known as a Nigerian.

At least we used to boast of a good economy in Nigeria, now we can't Boss of anything.

Really wrong time to be a Nigerian

The South West helped install a Military Dictator because of their hate of GEJ whom they perceived as being “Igbo”. They are smart enough to know the consequences of installing a military dictator in a democracy, let alone a known feudalist. Just because of their hate of Igbo and anything that appears to be Igbo. They deployed their intelligentsia and media assets and that was it. GEJ was regime-changed and Buhari, a sworn feudalist became President of a multiethnic country.

Whatever Nigeria becomes in the next 3 years should be blamed solely on them, not even the North. The North isn’t to be blamed— they rejected Buhari thrice and warned that he isn’t fit for President. The “beautiful” thing about the impending Somalisation of Nigeria (God forbid) is that it will also swallow the South West. Perhaps that’s the lesson they need to help them stop with the Igbo hate.

9 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by ijabiken1(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Channels Television reporter who was shot during a clash between the Nigerian police Force and members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria a.k. Shiites has died.

Politics Nigeria gathered that the reporter identified as Precious Owolabi, a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps, gave up the ghost this evening.

His death was announced on the News bulletin of the TV Station a few minutes ago.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-channels-tv-reporter-shot-during-shiites-police-clash-is-dead/
can u imaging,the main staff of channels just pushed that innocent youth corp member to the front why he stay @ the back
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by otokx(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
When I heard that she took a bullet in the belly, knew it was just a matter of time. She probably was not kitted with bullet proof and helmet before like her counterparts in Aljazeera.
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
And why has buhari refused to name this Shiites terrorists?

Igbos never bite a soul talk more of killing a fowl and they are terrorists

Lols....nemesis on the lose.....

Is it not better to have a criminal like Atiku in the seat than a saint who has never stolen money killing people the way he wants?

Next level is here...grab your copy fast

3 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by DonGtoG1(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
If only the greedy self centered gluttonous epicons we call leaders can bury their selfish interests, and give a second thought to how innocent people are dying every now and then.

I hope they know
That there is no amount of wealth they hoard nor acquired that they will be buried with.
That there is no way a man can be so hungry that he will consume food meant for two or more people and feel comfortable.
That even if they ignore their conscience today, it will surely come back to hunt them.

May God grant the family of the young man they cut his life short, the fortitude to bear the painful loss.

R.I.P to him.

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Slymonster(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jgovt:
Even the sound of Gun kills here.. While Abroad 15 gunshots is nothing, unless u die at the spot.. Our Doctors are not tying at all...

They dont use Ak 47 on the street outside na..Most are pistol
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by CrestMan: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
Channels TV should be seriously CONDEMNED for sending a young apprentice (corp member) to cover a volatile and dangerous event.
CHANNELS TV IS IRRESPONSIBLE!!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by otokx(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
ijabiken1:
can u imaging,the main staff of channels just pushed that innocent youth corp member to the front why he stay @ the back

Youth corpers are meant to be teaching in public schools ONLY, see as she just wasted her life.
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Emes101(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Why should they send unqualified Corp member to be in the field to cover such dangerous event while they have many qualified trained officials..

RIP TO THE DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Sirwallace(m): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
My condolence to this young man's family.

I pray they have the fortitude to bear the lost
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Maski87: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2019
But why can't the government release this man, he cannot be worse than some of these politicians walking around

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2019
Though all terrorist groups in the world are all Sunnis not Shiites. Nigerians shouldn't be deceived it's Saudi Arabia that ask Buhari to suppress Shiite in Nigeria. Saudis couldn't convince Goodluck about suppressing them.
The reason why international community especially the United States won't mind Elzazaki dying in jail because Shiite originated from Iran, and Iran and the US don't agree with each other for decades now.
Let's not forget that it's the same Nigerian Police that created Boko Haram after killing their leader Yusuf.
The award-winning most corrupt police in the world want to create another terrorist groups.
The most Corrupt police in the world need to buy sense for once and stop putting Nigeria in problems

3 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
OMG!!! cry cry cry
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by SamOyovwi: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Don't just call Naija Delta militants. They are not terrorists
Femeto:
Nigeria is cursed. It started from Niger delta Millitants, Fulani, Shites, Bokoharam, Kidnappers,
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Successmind(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
May the soul of the departed Rest in peace....
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by emmanuelsea(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
This is not the first time such has happened to channels' Staff.

May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the lost
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by TheFacelessMan: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Nigerian Police and their lack of trigger discipline...will still blame the Shiites last last...

You seem so sure who fired the fatal bullet.

Learn to reason objectively.

This is not the time to take sides; it's tasteless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by sleekman(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2019
yesloaded:
Sending inexperienced corper to cover such?

Channels TV got it wrong here except the young man is not on official duty

Journalism has stages & there are things newbie will not be able to handle no matter how brilliant you are in school.

Field experienced is quite different from knowledge you acquired in school

My friend shut the hell up.

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Blitz4real(m): 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
Wallade:

You mean: those that we lost to the Police of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The reporter
The DCP and many more that we don't really know yet
Nobody needs to die,everyone is a valuable
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Shibaraba:
While obeying the clarion call she was called to glory

An avoidable death
Wetin e go take make he release the man jejely

E pain me
Oh e pain me
After years of study....

I dey see your posts all around the threads
Hope you are happy now
Go carry the corpse turn am to barbeque
Add pepper and onions make una chop am well

Make sure say Una belleful.
For wetin touch outsider go soon touch una.
Na turn by turn.

Don't worry my brother, God will surely punish that guy. He will not go without facing God's wrath. I usually see him refer to himself as one of those who rescued the nation bla bla bla. I'm sure even his conscience will prick him about what he has brought on the nation with his stupid utterances.

5 Likes

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Omoslim26: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
follwojjwjjw:
May her soul rest in peace

Its an He
Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by hopexter(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Died on Duty. Rip to the deceased. undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Nanop1: 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Comedian2019:
Is this how we will continue?

Buhari Pls do something

Buhari can not do anything he is the cause of this whole mess we are in now

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by greggng: 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Does the life of their leader worth the blood of innocent Nigerians. Mr president should pls release this man....we don't want another boko haram...I know you will do the need ful...let them sign a peace Pac with the govt

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by emmanuelsea(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
God, help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Precious Owolabi Is Dead: Channels TV Reporter Shot During Shiites-Police Clash by Bizibi(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
Those Shiite guys are serious,they always protest,we see them everyday.....they won't give up and they are ready to die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AA Mohammed: Zip And Buttons Of Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Lagos / Police Carried Yoruba Nation Protester Like A Baby / Photo Of Senator Godswill Akpabio On His Hospital Bed In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.