Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,900 members, 7,838,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter (27355 Views)

Lupita Nyong'o & Her Boyfriend, Selema Masekelago Make Their Relationship Public / Toke Makinwa Blasted On Social Media Over Comment On Xenophobic Attacks / Rita Daniels: Regina Daniels' Mother Blasted On Instagram Over Daughter Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Beverlyjean(f): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Black's are the biggest racists on earth... Their anger is that they are not in control,cos if they were , they whites will remain slaves till the end of time

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Harkstetunz: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Rushed down here to see how funny this ebiye is not
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by KenModi(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:
Why do people take things too seriously? What's bad in joking about skin colour? This generation is filled with snowflakes and people really need to have a thick skin. The point of the comedy was that Lupita is too dark in complexion.

From you comment, I am very certain you have no knowledge of history!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Rubyventures: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:
Why do people take things too seriously? What's bad in joking about skin colour? This generation is filled with snowflakes and people really need to have a thick skin. The point of the comedy was that Lupita [b]is too [/b]dark in complexion.

And which standard set the ideal shade of black? , what's the cut off shade and what's the ideal shade?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Ayotemide(f): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:
Why do people take things too seriously? What's bad in joking about skin colour? This generation is filled with snowflakes and people really need to have a thick skin. The point of the comedy was that Lupita is too dark in complexion.

Snowflake darling, go and 'undark' her; since we have decided to point out what is too much for an African complexion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by delishpot: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
Foolish joker. He needs to be forced to clean her toilet for 3 months. When blacks mock the melanin in fellow blacks it is so sad to see.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Born2Breed(f): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
Very mumu and anyhow comedian.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
KenModi:

From you comment, I am very certain you have no knowledge of history!
Hush my friend! I very well know that the whites in the '40s - '60s, and even later, smeared their faces with black paint/charcoal/chocolate to make racist fun of blacks. The "black face" doesn't have to be a symbol of racism against blacks, the intention and context of the person wearing the black face is all that matters. Ebiye meant no harm, no racism or hatred but was simply trying to catch some fun. Would you ban knives because people used it in the past to kill people?

People need to grow some thick skin and stop seeing offence where it doesn't exist.

4 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
IfeMiLove:
It makes no sense joking about people's colour, appearance,weight or scars even if they're family.

yea indeed, if someone is fat lets praise them to get more fatter so that they can die young.

i thought the lopita woman is a brown skin girl.

for all i know women body shame more than men, lets be realistic, if you want a fair guy or a tall guy as a female, i think, it will be fair for guys to also say they want a slim and fine woman.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by ZikZikZik: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hintona:
Lupita's skin is brighter than his future

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Ayotemide:

Snowflake darling, go and 'undark' her; since we have decided to point out what is too much for an African complexion.
Being too dark is not a bad thing as much as being too white is not a bad thing. Ebiye just insinuated and joked with the fact that she is too dark, as simple as that. It was harmless fun except you insist on being offended.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by 12345baba(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
All comedians will go to hell
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Am I the only one who finds this funny as hell? grin

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Mateen1000: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hintona:
But Bruh Y nah

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
Am I the only one who finds this funny as hell? grin
I found it funny too but in a privileged world, people are soft and have the luxury of picking offence at inoffensive things.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
Rubyventures:

And which standard set the ideal shade of black? , what's the cut off shade and what's the ideal shade?
Use your head jare. If I say someone is too dark, is that an insult? It's just a honest observation. Same way I would say Sheamus, the professional wrestler, is too white. People just pick offense where there is none. Your questions are unwarranted and useless to this discourse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
See the ugly dimwit comedian, has he looked at his useless self in the mirror see his eyes like owl and his lips like lawn mower. Rubbish. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Junkie1: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
THIS IS ACTUALLY FUNNY

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by maklelemakukula(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
Lmao funny dude
Y'all sensitive sissies should STFU
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:
Use your head jare. If I say someone is too dark, is that an insult? It's just a honest observation. Same way I would say Sheamus, the professional wrestler, is too white. People just pick offense where there is none. Your questions are unwarranted and useless to this discourse.

Saying someone is "too" much of any attribute is an insult. "Too fat", "too skinny", "too tall", "too short", "too dark" are all disrespectful. There is a reason the word "very" exists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Junkie1: 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
THOSE HATING ON THIS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF "DARK HUMOUR"?
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by KenModi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:
Hush my friend! I very well know that the whites in the '40s - '60s, and even later, smeared their faces with black paint/charcoal/chocolate to make racist fun of blacks. The "black face" doesn't have to be a symbol of racism against blacks, the intention and context of the person wearing the black face is all that matters. Ebiye meant no harm, no racism or hatred but was simply trying to catch some fun. Would you ban knives because people used it in the past to kill people?

People need to grow some thick skin and stop seeing offence where it doesn't exist.

No harm, no racism or hatred?? Even the Ebiye in question won’t say what you just wrote.

Keep using illogical analogies to back up your meaningless arguments.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Bbbwings: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hintona:

grin cheesy grin
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Rubyventures: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Martinez39:

And you think you are using head? I'm sure you love laughing to jokes at your expense? So using your head Lupita should be rolling on the floor laughing? I don't expect an answer and I wont be responding to you as its a complete waste of my time.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by blackslayer: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
mofocka is jealous because he is one fugly son of a bish!! Look at him and compare to lupita....lupita won't even let a low life like him near her, talk less of him dreaming of giving her "head".....perhaps he needs to work on getting a head first!!!

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
Rubyventures:

And you think you are using head? I'm sure you love laughing to jokes at your expense? So using your head Lupita should be rolling on the floor laughing? I don't expect an answer and I wont be responding to you as its a complete waste of my time.
Sometimes foolishness is willful. Did Ebiye ask anyone to laugh? Is he forcing anyone to laugh? If a joke is at my own expense and it's funny, I would laugh or be silent but I would never attack the comedian for he has freedom of speech and I am not entitled to not being offended. Beside, the joke wasn't at Lupita's expense. Good day.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by grandstar(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
My most beautiful sister is the darkest. There's nothing wrong with having very dark skin.

The best kind of dark skin is the type that a glow about it about it. Lupita pretty please with butter on top - stay beautiful, our sweet shining Nubian queen!
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
ariketalks:
Saying someone is "too" much of any attribute is an insult. "Too fat", "too skinny", "too tall", "too short", "too dark" are all disrespectful. There is a reason the word "very" exists.
How about "too intelligent"? "too good"? undecided

@blue
In a bid to put up your sophistry when you could have just reasoned, you misinformed on the English language and typed trash.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by TemmyT002(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
daddytime:
You mean all those dickheaded funny less idiots pretending to be comedians?

Very talentless, insensitive and illiterate bunch who think having a laugh at other people's expense, especially the physically/mentally challenged, is what funny means.

When their audience go laughing at their sick yaps they'd often get big-headed and think they truly are funny.

Dem no know say when fool dey talk and people dey laugh e no mean say wet in him dey talk funny, na him the mumu people dey laugh...

They disgust me to no end...

Calm down sir
You don vex
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by TemmyT002(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
tohyorsih2:
Ebiye right now grin grin

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Runtown And A Twitter User - See Hilarious Tweets / Eniola Badmus' Father Is Dead (Photos) / Lady Permanently Tattoos Runtown's Name On Her Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.