Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter (27357 Views)

Lupita Nyong'o & Her Boyfriend, Selema Masekelago Make Their Relationship Public / Toke Makinwa Blasted On Social Media Over Comment On Xenophobic Attacks / Rita Daniels: Regina Daniels' Mother Blasted On Instagram Over Daughter Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2019
bolayei:

Your comprehension is good but your exposure is not. Any sort of discrimination, jokes based on someone's skin colour is racism. Stop coming across as a typical uneducated literate person and shut your gob
Any sort of discrimination based on skin colour is racism.

Any joke based on skin colour is not necessarily racism.

Intentions and context are the sole determinants of what's racism or not. Educate yourself.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
The bolded says it all. Lol you dont have sense grin grin bye
Lol. Is that not the truth? Go and ask any lawyer and let him/her explain the basics of fundamental human rights to you. No wonder you've obtuse so far — you don't understand the fundamental human right of freedom of speech and expression!

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED BY ANYONE. Toughen and grow up or remain a toddler.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Duggedised12(f): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. Is that not the truth? Go and ask any lawyer and let him/her explain the basics of fundamental human rights to you. No wonder you've obtuse so far — you don't understand the fundamental human right of freedom of speech and expression!

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED BY ANYONE. Toughen and grow up or remain a toddler.
Black monkey are just words too .You see why i said you dont have sense? If by now you still dont know when to draw the line between freedom of speech and expression from mockery and ridicule ,you are a big fool. Same way there is thin line between freedom of speech and hate speech. Go figure.

Exactly,no one has the right not to be offended which is why people are offended and yet you are foolish enough to call the snow flakes ,ode ni yen. Contradictng yourself. undecided
, even Alux knows when to use the word "snowflakes.

Why does black person feels its OK to call a fellow black person nigga, but it is racist when a white person calls him nigga.no wonder the black race is the most disrespected and ridiculed, it will be your own people to start the foolery.Ignorant literate that doent know the difference between being liberal and being stupid. Lol,

Even a toddler has more sense than your adulterated adult brain ,lol,

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by delishpot: 8:02am On Jul 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Nobody gives a fvck about intention and a lot of people see "black face" as offensive, how is that my business? Are they the one to set the standards? In labeling people as racist, intention and context are what matters. Imagine if a 5 year old caucasian were friends with a 5 year old black and the caucasian smeared his entire face with black paint because, according to the caucasian, "he admires his friend's skin colour and wishes to be like him", would you call the caucasian kid a racist? If people insist that intention doesn't matter and they insist on being offended, that's their business.

No one assumed the right to determine who is too black. Lupita and Beyonce are black women but Lupita is too dark in complexion. The meaning of that should be clear to anyone with an average IQ. If you insist on picking offence, that's your business. Everything is offensive and sensitive to the deplorable snowflake.

Yapy, yapri, yap. Saying snowflakes upandan as if he just learnt the word.
Why then you claiming black face is not a big deal in the abroad? You thought no one would know you were lying?
Telling me that saying a black woman is too dark is not same thing as saying she is too black? grin
If that is the lie you tell yourself in order to sleep well at night then knock yourself off
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
Black money are just words too .You see why i said you dont have sense? A black person feels its OK to call a fellow black person nigga, but it is racist when a white person calls him nigga. If by now you still dont know when to draw the line between freedom of speech and expression from mockery and ridicule ,you are a big fool. Same way there is thin line between freedom of speech and hate speech. Go figure.
Before we digress and start discussing about human rights, let it be known that Ebiye was not mocking Lupita and he has the right to do what he did. As I have said if you insist on being offended, no one is stopping and that's your business. I don't know how many times I must repeat it before your dull brain can understand I have no issues with skin colour instead intentions and context are all that matters. How many times must I repeat the same thing? Only f00ls and id1ots would persist in their ignorance and misrepresentation despite repeated clarification.

@bold
Only f00ls speak with certainty about things they don't understand. You clearly do not know jackshit about the human right of freedom of speech and expression. Though I do not condone racism but it is a fact that mockery, insult and ridicule are part of freedom of speech and expression. If you doubt me, go meet a lawyer for explanation. Under freedom of speech and expression, no one owes it to you to please you and you do not have the right to not be offended. The fact that I have to explain this basic right to you shows your education isn't complete.
However, it should be noted that Ebiye did not mock or degrade Lupita neither was he being a racist. Ebiye was simply catching some fun with a harmless joke.

Even a toddler has more sense than your adulterated adult brain ,lol
It would be appropriate if, every morning, you look into mirror and repeat this line to the image you see in front of you. I am done with you on this issue. I won't mention you or give you any attention any more. Have a wonderful life of being offended at inoffensive things.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Duggedised12(f): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Before we digress and start discussing about human rights, let it be known that Ebiye was not mocking Lupita and he has the right to do what he did. As I have said if you insist on being offended, no one is stopping and that's your business. I don't know how many times I must repeat it before your dull brain can understand I have no issues with skin colour instead intentions and context are all that matters. How many times must I repeat the same thing? Only f00ls and id1ots would persist in their ignorance and misrepresentation despite repeated clarification.

@bold
Only f00ls speak with certainty about things they don't understand. You clearly do not know jackshit about the human right of freedom of speech and expression. Though I do not condone racism but it is a fact that mockery, insult and ridicule are part of freedom of speech and expression. If you doubt me, go meet a lawyer for explanation. Under freedom of speech and expression, no one owes it to you to please you and you do not have the right to not be offended. The fact that I have to explain this basic right to you shows your education isn't complete.
However, it should be noted that Ebiye did not mock or degrade Lupita neither was he being a racist. Ebiye was
simply catching some fun with a harmless joke.

It would be appropriate if, every morning, you look into mirror and repeat this line to the image you see in front of you. I am done with you on this issue. I won't mention you or give you any attention any more. Have a wonderful life of being offended at inoffensive things.
an ignorant literate is the most self absorbed foolish person to cure. You one are of them.

He has the right to do what he did, so does everyone else have the right to be offended.Many people have taken this path and it actually cost them their jobs and even freedom. Lol. Nobody is holding him he can go ahead and make jokes but whether people find it tasteless and crude or funny is not for you to determine,you idiot!.

If freedom of speech includes ridicule and mockery and insult ,why is there anything like hate speech? Lol you are dumb.smh,just because it is written doesn't make it right ,even the same liberal people frown on bullies who in your words "are catching fun". Ode.

I will leave your adulterated adult brain to ponder on this question as i too am exhausted from your ignorance and stupidity.

In regards to the bolded , would this have been fun and harmless if this was a white comedian? Answer this with all sincerity and you will see you have been a dunderhead all along, and the clown in you has been speaking. Lol

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Martinez39(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2019
delishpot:

Yapy, yapri, yap. Saying snowflakes upandan as if he just learnt the word.
Inferiority complex — the weakness of many blacks. The word "snowflake" is a term that's widely used by blacks, whites and other races. Why should it come as a surprise that I am using the word? What makes you think I just learnt the word? Wait, you think Africans are too uneducated and unexposed to know such words and use them? You think Africans are too uneducated or backward that they glory in showing off the usage of a simple English word they've learnt? Or wait, your don't expect foreign slangs, exposure and a good diction for an African? Lol. Upgrade yourself.

You are a such big f00l. grin

Why then you claiming black face is not a big deal in the abroad? You thought no one would know you were lying?
Did I ever claim it wasn't a big deal? I simply stated that I am very much aware of what the black face and its various uses both in the past and present. Learn to reason and stop thinking like a sheep. You desperately want it to be that Ebiye was wrong and racist and you are willing to strawman me and misrepresent my point to fit your narrative. Continue, I am not stopping you. grin

Telling me that saying a black woman is too dark is not same thing as saying she is too black? grin
If that is the lie you tell yourself in order to sleep well at night then knock yourself off
"Too dark in complexion" and "too black" are not necessarily the same thing except the user intends them to mean the same thing. You are the one making the connection, where I never did, to fit your narrative that Ebiye is a racist. Kole werk. Saying or insinuating someone is too dark in complexion is not an offence. Intentions and context are all that matters.

I have had enough of your foolishness. I won't reply you or give you any attention from henceforth. Good day and have a wonderful life seeing racism where it doesn't exist. Grown up like yourself, you are not ashamed. grin

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... skin colour.
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... racism.
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... I am offended.

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by delishpot: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Inferiority complex — the weakness of many blacks. The word "snowflake" is a term that's widely used by blacks, whites and other races. Why should it come as a surprise that I am using the word? What makes you think I just learnt the word? Wait, you think Africans are too uneducated and unexposed to know such words and use them? You think Africans are too uneducated or backward that they glory in showing off the usage of a simple English word they've learnt? Or wait, your don't expect foreign slangs, exposure and a good diction for an African? Lol. Upgrade yourself.

You are a such big f00l. grin

Did I ever claim it wasn't a big deal? I simply stated that I am very much aware of what the black face and its various uses both in the past and present. Learn to reason and stop thinking like a sheep. You desperately want it to be that Ebiye was wrong and racist and you are willing to strawman me and misrepresent my point to fit your narrative. Continue, I am not stopping you. grin

"Too dark in complexion" and "too black" are not necessarily the same thing except the user intends them to mean the same thing. You are the one making the connection, where I never did, to fit your narrative that Ebiye is a racist. Kole werk. Saying or insinuating someone is too dark in complexion is not an offence. Intentions and context are all that matters.

I have had enough of your foolishness. I won't reply you or give you any attention from henceforth. Good day and have a wonderful life seeing racism where it doesn't exist. Grown up like yourself, you are not ashamed. grin

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... skin colour.
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... racism.
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen.... I am offended.

Nothing is more sad than to see a black man tear down a fellow black man in the name of it was a joke! Quite sad indeed. Like I sad before, if it helps you sleep well, then knock yourself out.
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Deepfeel(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
you have said it all , cc Martinez39 this is the point everyone has been trying to pass.

If you disrespect your wife or husband in the presence of your friends or family, they too will loose respect for your spouse. Lets respect ourselves if we want other races to respect us. The black face joke was a targeted at mocking blacks,a black man seeing it as a joke to mock a fellow black person for being too black shows we too are discriminating our own people.

He just wants to argue and win that's all
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Duggedised12(f): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Deepfeel:

He just wants to argue and win that's all
some people argue to win and not learn. His case is worse cos he feels he is civilised in his own foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Deepfeel(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
some people argue to win and not learn. His case is worse cos he feels he is civilised in his own foolishness.
Don't mind him his arguing with no single point

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Duggedised12(f): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Deepfeel:

Don't mind him his arguing with no single point
And educated person is more difficult to cure of their ignorance. He is just too educated and ignorant at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Deepfeel(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
And educated person is more difficult to cure of their ignorance. He is just too educated and ignorant at the same time.
Go through the mentions between me and him and see how ignorant he is, about a comedian doing his job well

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Duggedised12(f): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
Deepfeel:

Go through the mentions between me and him and see how ignorant he is, about a comedian doing his job well
that is the problem with these liberal idiots that feel everyone else has to put up with their foolery.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Laurene: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2019
ariketalks:

Saying someone is "too" much of any attribute is an insult. "Too fat", "too skinny", "too tall", "too short", "too dark" are all disrespectful. There is a reason the word "very" exists.
so what of too white or an albino
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Laurene: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2019
ovcwality:

Mr Martinez what are u still trying to justify, pls back off already and stfu undecided
you! should stfu
Re: Comedian Ebiye Color-Shame Lupita Nyong'o, Blasted On Twitter by Laurene: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2019
IfeMiLove:
I never said we should praise fat people sir,but it doesn't make any sense to joke about their condition. okay?
so being fat is now a condition?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Logos Olori Escapes Death In Car Accident / 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army / Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' And Governor Ikpeazu On A Condolence Visit In Abia (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.