Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had (60650 Views)

Colombian Mum Of 2 Dies After Having Fat Removal Surgery To Surprise Husband / NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court / Emmanuel Oyediran, Beggar Undergoes Surgery For Colostomy Prolapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by TheFacelessMan: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:
The hospital must compensate her and her family handsomely.

Had this happened in Nigeria now, we would have seen comments like Nigerian doctors are quack, Nigerian doctors are wack etc. People need to understand that there's no place in the world where human error does not occur.

That is what annoys me the most.

'Nigerian doctors are useless.. UK /US, here i come"

They never ever try to see positives in Nigeria.

If you ask their personal contributions to improving the situation.... SILENCE.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Winker: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Bad
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by ucsquare(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:

Had this happened in Nigeria now, we would have seen comments like Nigerian doctors are quack, Nigerian doctors are wack etc. People need to understand that there's no place in the world where human error does not occur.

If it was in Nigeria, she won't have lived to discover that nothing was actually wrong with her cos she would have lost her life during the process of everything..

Making mistakes is not the problem, not realizing you made it is where you going to have problem..

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by SmallmebigGod: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
I really feel the woman's pain
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Josh44s(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
Oh my Gawd cry

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by ednut1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
If the doctor was a nigerian. He would have been named

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by zikter(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thank God it didn't happen in Nigeria. Another round of bashing should have continued. Imagine a pilot made a hard landing due to poor visibility and it had become so peculiar to Nigeria. Quite sad for the young lady.

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by desertboom(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:

Yes ooo
But Nigerian own is almost on a daily basis. It's only once in awhile you get to read such from a first world country

4 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by SmallmebigGod: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
ucsquare:

If it was in Nigeria, she won't have lived to discovered that nothing was actually wrong with her cos she would have lost her life during the process of everything..

Making mistakes is not the problem, not realizing you made it is where you going to have problem..
Making mistake is a problem. You will only agree if you are made to take one course of chemotherapy. There is no need sugarcoating this event , it is what it is, Top UK hospital wrongly treated someone for a cancer she never had. It happened in UK , it can happen anywhere. There are people receiving chemotherapy for Brest CA in Nigeria and the don't loose their life 'in the process of everything' . Appreciate what you have, no everything that is Naija that is bad

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by tete7000(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:

Yeah mistakes happen everywhere and people are held responsible but in Nigeria mediocrity and negligence is the order of the day and it is celebrated. People commit all sorts of atrocities without being held accountable. That is the difference...

4 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by skukimania(f): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Aye akamora ooooo!

Ok, I know this happened in England. I never knew such a mistake can be made over there. I really feel for her.
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
If this happen in Nigeria,we will not hear word again.as if those practicing abroad are gods.

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Daboomb: 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yuceeluv:
Some doctors and "quackiology".

...Toying with human lives since 1900.

Imagine what she would've done with all that money wasted cry

Bukola Saraki is a "confirmed" Medical Doctor and should be used to replace those quack Doctors in that NHS Hospital.

How they did not realise there was a mistake after removing the first breast, is still beyond understanding.

BTW she did not waste much money because NHS Insurance would pay majority of the cost but her health, her happiness and her future have all been put into seriosu jeopardy.
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Kaceman(m): 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
If you need a supplement for cancer treatment pls visit javaherbs global in Lagos, Ikeja
Call 08068694946
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by IMASTEX: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
dominique:
Even at that. Their case may just be 1 in 10 cases. But in Nigeria. It is 9.9 in 10 cases. In addition, the woman won't even make it alive.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Princeton92(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
Very very bad, so sad!
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by grandstar(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
I couldn't bring myself to read it.

Reminds me of my aunt who had breast cancer. She was advised to have a breast removed.

She declined to. She reasoned "If my husband does not love me with 2 breasts, how will he love me with one?

She paid for it with her life.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Forreellinc: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
She no even fine sef
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by mostyg(m): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Second and third medical opinion is very important.

It's not in the interest of anybody to rely on only one medical opinion. I formed this opinion may years ago based on experience.

There is medical litigation in UK, someone is already loosing his license but unfortunately Nigerians don't know about medical litigation. If they do, many medics would have been untimely retired.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Andersonjr(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
Oh dear! This is very hard to bare

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by dulux07(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
That is why it is best to carry out same medical test at atleast 2different centres just to be sure. Humans are prone to make mistakes
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by sonnie10: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
This is totally unbelievable.
So they didn’t do mammogram or biopsy. Not even a simple ultrasound.
Did they even take patients history or do the old school physical exam.
Nobody is even asking for advanced modalities like molecular imaging and genetic procedures, this is motivated by greed and profit taking from unsuspecting patient.
How would they have started treatment without even reconciling medical records?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by ucsquare(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

Making mistake is a problem. You will only agree if you are made to take one course of chemotherapy. There is no need sugarcoating this event , it is what it is, Top UK hospital wrongly treated someone for a cancer she never had. It happened in UK , it can happen anywhere. There are people receiving chemotherapy for Brest CA in Nigeria and the don't loose their life 'in the process of everything' . Appreciate what you have, no everything that is Naija that is bad

whether a course in chemo or any field as long as u human u bound to make mistakes cause they are part of our daily lifes, except u wanna tell me u've not made any mistakes in ur chosen profession..

The earlier u discover such mistakes the better for u, unfortunately that's not the case in 9ja cause there've been lots of cases that led to the loss of the victim's life all becos of the failure to realize such mistakes..
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by SIRTee15: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
haaaaaaaaa:
I am sure the doctor that diagnosed her is a Nigerian
If the doctor is a nigerian....trust me, his name will be splattered for all to pronounce....

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by SIRTee15: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
ednut1:
If the doctor was a nigerian. He would have been named
Definitely he not an Ola or Patel or khan or chang.....
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
SIRTee15:

If the doctor is a nigerian....trust me, his name will be splattered for all to pronounce....
you're right though
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by folake4u(f): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
Omg! This is terrible embarassed. This is where Medical Law is relevant oh, let those lawyers sue that doctor.
Geez, she was so pretty!
Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by idonhammer: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
TriggahMan:
She got served...

1 Like

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
TriggahMan:
She got served...

Refrain from using expressions that you don't know the meanings.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
Chai That doctor must be sleeping while carrying out the check-up. Playing with people's life ,Unserious element. Qiack quack doctors with unfinished doctoring degree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / Ly-mphshamei Broad-spectrum Antibiotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.