Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? (655 Views)

Matters Arising As Catholics Do Ash Wednesday Today. / Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These / How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
Dear Catholic Do you know for sure you are going to heaven?

"As a Protestant, I can say that I know I am going to heaven. This isn't arrogance. It is confidence in the work of Christ and not my own work. It is confidence in the ability of Jesus to save me completely, to have fulfilled all of the Law perfectly, and to have cleansed me from my sin totally. Therefore, because all my hope and trust are in him and not what I can do, I know I am going to heaven. If my salvation depended on my goodness and abilities in any way, then I couldn't have any confidence that I will make it to heaven because I am an imperfect sinner."

https://carm.org/catholic/catholic-do-you-know-you-are-going-to-heaven

2 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Important question not just for the catholics but for everyone.
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by cosby02(m): 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
And you are... Heaven gateman or janitor

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by judgementyard(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
Making heaven is a personal race,the thoughts and ways of man is different from that of The MOST HIGH! SALVATION IS PERSONAL WORK ON YOURS!

1 Like

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Tranglatar(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Matthew Ch 25
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2019
This Oladeegbu guy grows more foolish every passing year.I have been debating with him and several others over the past decade.He remains the only one amongst them yet to develop a grey matter inside his brain.

The most amazing fact about his Catholic bashing over the last decade is the fact that he has not succeeded in converting a single catholic in this site.Not even one.What a huge failure!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2019
judgementyard:
Making heaven is a personal race,the thoughts and ways of man is different from that of The MOST HIGH! SALVATION IS PERSONAL WORK ON YOURS!
Heaven is not what you make neither is it a personal work. The taught and ways of God has been revealed in the bible it is left for you to accept it or to reject it.
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2019
OLaadegbu keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by judgementyard(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
solite3:
Heaven is not what you make neither is it a personal work. The taught and ways of God has been revealed in the bible it is left for you to accept it or to reject it.
ok, thanks!
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
judgementyard:
ok, thank4s!
you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by LordReed(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
The real question is do you have any evidence for this heaven before you can be sure of whether or not you will go there.
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

This Oladeegbu guy grows more foolish every passing year.I have been debating with him and several others over the past decade.He remains the only one amongst them yet to develop a grey matter inside his brain.

The most amazing fact about his Catholic bashing over the last decade is the fact that he has not succeeded in converting a single catholic in this site.Not even one.What a huge failure!!!!

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts. cool

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
solite3:

OLaadegbu keep up the good work.

Thanks bro. God bless. smiley

1 Like

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
solite3:

Important question not just for the catholics but for everyone.

I know but am specifically asking our Catholic folks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I know but am specifically asking our Catholic folks. smiley

Thought provoking question.
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
cosby02:

And you are... Heaven gateman or janitor

Are you good enough to pass through the gate?

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by cosby02(m): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Are you good enough to pass through the gate?
You may have to sound more intelligent by providing answer to my question before you ask yours.
Thanks.
Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
cosby02:

You may have to sound more intelligent by providing answer to my question before you ask yours.
Thanks.

The gospel message may sound foolish to you "intelligent" folks but it can save your soul.

Re: Dear Catholics, Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
"Ray Comfort, how do I witness to a Catholic. There is a Catholic woman online who keeps on saying I am a cult member. She keeps on using spiritual manipulation against me. HELP!!!!!!" Jan Le

I wouldn't be too concerned that she is calling you a member of a cult. They said similar things about Jesus, Stephen, and the Apostle Paul. So you are in good company.

The big concern is that there are many people (Catholics and non-Catholics) who have never be born again, and Jesus said if we aren't born again, we won't enter Heaven (see John 3:3-5). Let me put that another way. If they are not going to Heaven, according to the Bible they will end up in Hell. We don't want that to happen to anyone. So our motive isn’t to attack what they believe. It's just to make sure Catholics make it to Heaven.

To do this we need to convince them that they must be born again. I believe there are two keys to doing this. The first is not to get caught up in an argument about doctrines they hold dear--the divinity of Mary, transubstantiation, the mass, papal infallibility or the place of works in salvation. The second key is to open up the divine Law as Jesus did. So become familiar with this biblical presentation of the gospel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo

We don't hate Catholics in the slightest. We love them, and proof of our love is that we tell them the truth in the hope that they end up in Heaven. However, watch the comments section and you will see that our love will be seen as hate. That comes with the territory, but our consolation is that God knows the truth, and that's what matters in the light of eternity.

Pic. The stoning of Stephen

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 July 2014 at 17:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

. / Where Do Animals Go To When They Die? / See What Each Church Is Known For In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.