Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck (28364 Views)

Help!! Fungi Is Spoiling My Face And Neck / Persistent Rashes On Skin / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:24am On Sep 13, 2019
When your mind is restless,there is no way u can sleep and the constant pains are there due to the sleeplessness,which doesnt allow your brain to rest. You worry your mind alot and worrying over situations,donts solve them but make them worst. Ask God for the grace to get over fears and have faith.which comes as you get into constant fellowship with God through His word and with the entrance of faith into ur life, fear will get away and u wil have peace of mind as you begin to see things God's way. With peace of mind, ur brain will stop getting heated up and sleep will come,with the pains rolling away. There are things that medicine cant cure and your case is one of them but thank God that God has the cure for u in His word. 08146664661

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by anonimi: 5:26am On Sep 13, 2019
Came4amod:
Hello, having pains in the neck is not new to me .. But what I did to reduce it .. I force myself to sleep in the afternoon .. I wasn't getting much sleep at night .. And still work myself during the day... So what I do is that .. For atleast 2 days in a week I avoid alcohol and force myself to sleep during the day .. I did this for about 3 weeks ..and now the pains in the neck is almost gone .. Sleep can cure most neural mishaps . I wish you quick recovery ..have a great day

You do know what you are saying. wink
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by anonimi: 5:29am On Sep 13, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
When your mind is restless,there is no way u can sleep and the constant pains are there due to the sleeplessness,which doesnt allow your brain a rest. You worry you mind alot and worrying over situations,donts solve them but make them worst. Ask God for the grace to get over fears and have faith.which comes as you get into constant fellowship with God and with the entrance of faith into ur life,fear will get away and u wil have peace of mind as you begin to see things God's way. With peace of mind, ur brain will stop getting heated up and sleep will come,with the pains rolling away. There are things that medicine cant cure and your case is one of them but thank God that God has the cure for u in His word. 08146664661

Another sleek oil salesman.
Why not direct him to verses of the Bible that he can read instead of giving your phone number misitah apostle?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Came4amod: 5:35am On Sep 13, 2019
anonimi:

You do know what you are saying. wink
Thanks.

Thank you .. Best way to live is to study your condition and know what's best for you .. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Came4amod: 5:37am On Sep 13, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
When your mind is restless,there is no way u can sleep and the constant pains are there due to the sleeplessness,which doesnt allow your brain to rest. You worry your mind alot and worrying over situations,donts solve them but make them worst. Ask God for the grace to get over fears and have faith.which comes as you get into constant fellowship with God through His word and with the entrance of faith into ur life, fear will get away and u wil have peace of mind as you begin to see things God's way. With peace of mind, ur brain will stop getting heated up and sleep will come,with the pains rolling away. There are things that medicine cant cure and your case is one of them but thank God that God has the cure for u in His word. 08146664661
U r correct God can cure everything .. But he will not come down from heaven . if you pray for ten years and don't practically study your self ..the human body does not like prolonged complications .. Best is to nip it in the bud by swift action ..and pray alongside

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by gambus007(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2019
ssgi4in1:
Good evening good people. I am hoping I will get some help here.
Pls this will be a bit a long. I beg you to read. So you can understand better.

My problem started last year April (2018). I was diagnosed with typhoid and malaria. I was started on a course of treatment that involves anti malaria and an antibiotics (azithromycin). I noticed the quality of my sleep was dropping after taking the antibiotic for 2 days. My instincts was that it was the medicine. I eventually stopped taking it but by then my sleep have become badly affected. I woke up a Sunday morning after taking some drinks the previous night at a wedding with one severe type of headache ( I started the antibiotics on Thursday, took on Friday and missed it that Saturday) I continued that Sunday morning. So I eventually stopped all medicine and consulted a doctor friend. By then I had gone two nights with little or no sleep. He prescribed some drugs that was meant to induce sleep and even increased the dosage yet I still couldn't sleep.

Meanwhile before then, I am someone who could be called a sleeper. I can sleep at anytime without stress. I even take naps here and there in my office. So it was strange.

I eventually went to some hospitals and their treatment involved giving me sleep medicines and sometimes it could help me get very little amount of sleep and then it will make me feel very groggy and heavily fatigued. By this time a weird sensation have developed in the left side of my back head (this pain doesn't come and go... It is permanent). After spending some huge amounts I wasn't getting relief until I went to a neurologist. He first suspended all the sleep medications and started giving me amitriptyline 5mg every night ( after few days I started feeling better and had some deep sleep) but still the problem wasn't gone ( head pain and stiff neck).

I was paying about 30k monthly at the neurologists. It wasn't sustainable and I eventually stopped and decided to take my fate in my own hands. I eventually stopped taking any medication for sleep last November.

Between then and now, I have had some good nights where I slept very deeply and nights when I struggled. I have gone like 2 weeks without sleep issues. But still the pain in the back of the head and neck still persist.

Just yesterday I went to consult another gp and his diagnosis was that it was the poor sleep that is causing the pain in the head and neck. But I still find it difficult to believe. I will be having a video session with an Indian neurologist tommorow and I hope he will make a different diagnosis.

My coming here is to know if anyone have had an experience with my case and I would like to know how they solved their problem.

I will appreciate any suggestion that will be of help.

Thank you.
From my experience i had the same issue some times last year and little of it till now. Mine started with ulcer pain which i was given antibiotics and all sort of funny drugs for months. those drugs do more damages than fixing your problem especially antibiotics and that . What you are experiencing is Anxiety disorder with high blood pressure. You will also be experiencing lightheadedness("heavily fatigued"wink too due to side effect of the antibiotics. My advice for you is to monitor your blood pressure closely and that of lightheadedness will resolve by itself with time. Dont waste ur money on dose drugs.

Note: Possible issue
Anxiety disorder for sure!
sleep apnea
Lightheadedness due to antibiotics
Ulcer(Go for test) you will be surprise that you have.
Probably All dis might trigger your blood pressure.
All in all your mind set is important. It will not kill you but it will affect your social life for sure.Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Paulo3ree(m): 6:23am On Sep 13, 2019
Oh dear, kpele
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Royruky(m): 6:24am On Sep 13, 2019
ssgi4in1:

My problem started last year April (2018). I was diagnosed with typhoid and malaria. I was started on a course of treatment that involves anti malaria and an antibiotics (azithromycin). I noticed the quality of my sleep was dropping after taking the antibiotic for 2 days. My instincts was that it was the medicine. I eventually stopped taking it but by then my sleep have become badly affected. I woke up a Sunday morning after taking some drinks the previous night at a wedding with one severe type of headache ( I started the antibiotics on Thursday, took on Friday and missed it that Saturday) I continued that Sunday morning. So I eventually stopped all medicine and consulted a doctor friend. By then I had gone two nights with little or no sleep. He prescribed some drugs that was meant to induce sleep and even increased the dosage yet I still couldn't sleep.

Meanwhile before then, I am someone who could be called a sleeper. I can sleep at anytime without stress. I even take naps here and there in my office. So it was strange.

I eventually went to some hospitals and their treatment involved giving me sleep medicines and sometimes it could help me get very little amount of sleep and then it will make me feel very groggy and heavily fatigued. By this time a weird sensation have developed in the left side of my back head (this pain doesn't come and go... It is permanent). After spending some huge amounts I wasn't getting relief until I went to a neurologist. He first suspended all the sleep medications and started giving me amitriptyline 5mg every night ( after few days I started feeling better and had some deep sleep) but still the problem wasn't gone ( head pain and stiff neck).

I was paying about 30k monthly at the neurologists. It wasn't sustainable and I eventually stopped and decided to take my fate in my own hands. I eventually stopped taking any medication for sleep last November.

Between then and now, I have had some good nights where I slept very deeply and nights when I struggled. I have gone like 2 weeks without sleep issues. But still the pain in the back of the head and neck still persist.

Just yesterday I went to consult another gp and his diagnosis was that it was the poor sleep that is causing the pain in the head and neck. But I still find it difficult to believe. I will be having a video session with an Indian neurologist tommorow and I hope he will make a different diagnosis.

My coming here is to know if anyone have had an experience with my case and I would like to know how they solved their problem.

Thank you.

Good morning. I had similar issue some years ago. My doctor diagnose TENSION HEADACHE and gave me amitriptyline 5mg. My God. I slept and slept and slept. Before the medication, I was treating Malaria and typhoid almost every week. The sleep is even a side effect of the drug.

The amitriptyline 5mg really came handy. I no longer treat malaria every week. The doctor later increased the dosage years later.

The headache may be associated with the way and manner you discontinued the amitriptyline 5mg. I will suggest you restart the amitriptyline 5mg. God's speed in your journey to full recovery

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Inteltower: 6:29am On Sep 13, 2019
ssgi4in1:

Thank you.

if you are a Christian. the faster way is to use God's word as your self medication on those areas.
if you believe
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by felixawe(m): 6:30am On Sep 13, 2019
I had a similar experience for 4 yrs+ couple with heat...its been God. Avoid alcohol in totality...chew bitter leaf & scent leaf b4 n after bed daily. keep ur BP in check
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by OiOi: 6:45am On Sep 13, 2019
Amanda4life:
This type of sickness is becoming rampant.

I have like 3 people who doesn't sleep
Atimes it's as a result of low blood pressure or high blood pressure.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by banji1(m): 6:45am On Sep 13, 2019
I feel for you but you need to acknowledge these first; all these therapies and meds won't help or alleviate the situation. What you need do is simple but very daunting. First, get a big break from that job before it kills you, a month at least, retire with your wife to a local spot you love, I'll recommend your village where your folks and childhood experience are most colourful.Eat local delicacies, chat around, have a good life, relive your childhood, and in the night, let your wife take over! Thank me latergrin

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by adontcare(f): 6:47am On Sep 13, 2019
Effico5real:
What kind of supplements please
it is stem cell product. Stc30. Do research about it
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by OiOi: 6:49am On Sep 13, 2019
OKOATA:
People who find it hard to sleep, if you tell them the solution now they will start forming holy holy.. Go and get the original MJ. Don't smoke it please, just eat a little bit of it or cook a little with indomie, bro the kind sleep go mad..
sativa or indicia?
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by drskyfly007(m): 6:50am On Sep 13, 2019
shege45:
did u read what he posted? He has been doing that

yes he visited hospitals...But I have my reason to be specific on the hospital he needs to visit..

which is a teaching hospital or a medical centre..

Reason being that different consultants/experts will attend to him at such centres..

So we in the medical profession usually refer such complex cases to these centres.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by breezeng: 6:51am On Sep 13, 2019
Amytriptiline is an an antidepressant drug. You don't really need it but the drug was prescribed for you because you are getting depressed as a result of your predicaments. Complication is setting in. Firstly, you need to get a sleep.God made it that repairs in our body are done during sleep. To get sleep: See a doctor to check your blood pressure, because you will never sleep if your blood pressure is high. Exercise regularly, at least 30minutes in the evening by walking. Avoid alcohol for now. Alcohol will only damage your sleep quality and reduce the effect of the drug you are using. See a physiotherapist to check if he can do something to relax the nerves at your neck. That's my advise. Thank me later.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by OiOi: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2019
jacy346:
you're right, had the exact problem on 2001, was seriously down with acute malaria and enteric fever,went to blood culture and was diagnosed with septicaemia. I had all the OP symptoms but mine was more severe than his. I suffered all his symptoms including dizziness and severe fatigue. I took all the antibiotics in the world till one man from ebonyi state gave me one leave I took with boil garri and that was the end. till today I never had the symptoms again.
what is the nature and name of the leaf
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by 2shure: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2019
Waka go express Naked,
U must see jesus that day and be healed
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by lulufaj(m): 7:00am On Sep 13, 2019
First and foremost, `typhoid` and malaria are unlikely to cause the features you have described.
If these symptoms started suddenly and have been there for months, you need thorough investigation rather than medications without establishing what may be responsible.
I`m not a neurologist but i doubt a neurologist will start you on that medication except he is thinking of a neuropathic pain for which amitriptyline is not even the firstline medication.At the same time, you can get no help here. This is not a case for a `GP` and any proper GP seeing you with this will send you to a neurologist under the 2 weeks wait protocol to exclude anything sinister.
My advice is to see a neurologist and have imaging done and proceed from there. You will hear it is stress,im afraid that is a diagnosis of exclusion(you must be thoroughly investigated first and nothing is found before making such a pronouncement). You will be told go and rest, you will be fine. That again should be done after thorough investigation and nothing is found. cheers
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by bestest001(m): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2019
Could be Tonsilities..

ssgi4in1:

Thank you.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Effico5real(m): 7:10am On Sep 13, 2019
adontcare:
it is stem cell product. Stc30. Do research about it
OK i will
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:11am On Sep 13, 2019
buslink:
Go to general hospital. They have specialist for any ailment.

I once had this exact symptoms & went there. They did the first test blood sugar & pressure..

They found out my BP was high & recommended other test. i was given drugs for the bp & now its all gone.

The wait time is always long & fustrating, so u might want to go as early as 6am to see a doctor early..

I wish u good luck & quick recovery!
the did you continue the bp test after treatment... please
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:12am On Sep 13, 2019
buslink:
Go to general hospital. They have specialist for any ailment.

I once had this exact symptoms & went there. They did the first test blood sugar & pressure..

They found out my BP was high & recommended other test. i was given drugs for the bp & now its all gone.

The wait time is always long & fustrating, so u might want to go as early as 6am to see a doctor early..

I wish u good luck & quick recovery!
the did you continue the bp drugs after treatment... please
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Inflammatory: 7:12am On Sep 13, 2019
Contact a very good Physiotherapist or Chiropractor (doubt if this dey 9ja). The issue with your neck according to your account. Contact a well-known physio clinic. Or message me for possible link up.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by biggerboyc(m): 7:14am On Sep 13, 2019
ssgi4in1:

Thank you.
Please if you have a solution don't forget me, your case is not only similar to mine but the same. Mine is even worse. It started May 2018, up till now it's still there. It have even affect one of my eye sight very bad. I've thought of many different thing, brain tumor, brain swelling, cancer of blood. Please just help with remedy
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by princetg: 7:21am On Sep 13, 2019
My Advice for you go back to the hospital.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2019
SeniorZato:
My brother I had similar experience this year and I am recovering no after spending so much on medication, I later realized it was my blood pressure that was high

And ever since I started the medication, I felt huge relief
was it continuous like for life ?
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by castiello(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2019
If you have ever abuse codine and tramadol then that’s the cause trust me

ssgi4in1:

Thank you.
Re: Help Needed: Sleeplessness, Persistent Pain In The Head And Neck by handsomebolanle: 7:24am On Sep 13, 2019
ssgi4in1:

Thank you.

This might sound awkward though...

But this happens to me when I sleep on a wrong type of bed or use a wrong pillow. Sometimes I can sleep without pillows for long... Reason why I prefer an orthopedic mattress

I basically adjust myself to fit to sleep...

Have a quick recovery bro... Cheers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( / Generator fume kills 4 children in Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.