Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (8705 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Are My Cars Drinking More Fuel Than Usual? / Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
timifakay:
Can we conduct a poll to know which shipping line is most notorious for this vandalism?
5star /sallaum
Re: . by Abimby: 12:03am On Jul 29, 2019
Grimaldi also
Readonee35L:

5star /sallaum
Re: . by jossytech(m): 7:14am On Jul 29, 2019
This bullshit happens when port is congested. Why will nation of 190m use a single port full of rogues n diff criminal, I'm only lucky my corolla door handle only break they want to open by force b steal carpet and battery but God pass em vehicle is locked n my key are sent separately yet I go home with light straches coz I bought clean title worth of $4500 CAD from Montreal, we had to team up and sue em, this nonsense must stop. Its criminal and its unacceptable

4 Likes

Re: . by all4ualone: 6:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Please what's the way out of this mess?
I don't want to be a victim of this rats ooo

1 Like

Re: . by Lexusgs430: 7:53am On Jul 30, 2019
all4ualone:
Please what's the way out of this mess?
I don't want to be a victim of this rats ooo

Container......... And once vehicle arrives, you are around to welcome it.........

2 Likes

Re: . by sultaan(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
I will be shipping a truck in about two weeks , I know 5 star is bad users should mention the good ones.
This is the reason people were using Cotonou in the first place.
High cost and terrible service just because Nigerians can only use that entry point. Those who are suppose to serve should not be making laws. Using the president to direct all trades through Apapa only guarantee that the rent collectors flourish in this depressed economy.
Re: . by chukel(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2019
These grimaldi idiots just hit me again. I'm going legal. I have dropped my petition with federal competition and consumer protection council. I implore all to log into their site, sign up and drop petitions too. This nonsense must stop. Brought in a clear title 2000 model Lexus RX300. The key was broken and sensor stolen. This rendered the car immobile. They also stole the driver's side power window control right inside grimaldi terminal, cos I was at the gate to recieve the vehicle. To make it worse, car has dents allover. I mean allover. What sort of country do we live in. Is this the politician's doing too. Why are we as a people grossly wicked. Please we all should storm the site I mentioned. If grimaldi will not secure property paid for and entrusted in their care, they should wind up from Nigeria. They won't try this nonsense in another country. Any link as to how this can be moved to the floor of house of representatives.
Addendum: also drop complaints and petitions with the parent grimaldi customer email. Seems we have bunch of inefficient idiots here in Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by calculusx(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:
These grimaldi idiots just hit me again. I'm going legal. I have dropped my petition with federal competition and consumer protection council. I implore all to log into their site, sign up and drop petitions too. This nonsense must stop. Brought in a clear title 2000 model Lexus RX300. The key was broken and sensor stolen. This rendered the car immobile. They also stole the driver's side power window control right inside grimaldi terminal, cos I was at the gate to recieve the vehicle. To make it worse, car has dents allover. I mean allover. What sort of country do we live in. Is this the politician's doing too. Why are we as a people grossly wicked. Please we all should storm the site I mentioned. If grimaldi will not secure property paid for and entrusted in their care, they should wind up from Nigeria. They won't try this nonsense in another country. Any link as to how this can be moved to the floor of house of representatives.
Addendum: also drop complaints and petitions with the parent grimaldi customer email. Seems we have bunch of inefficient idiots here in Nigeria

Wickedness is the word. It sucks

2 Likes

Re: . by DelTel(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:

I have just done that, let's get every vehicle importer to do same.
A journey of a thousand miles start with a step, this should be our starting step guys.

6 Likes

Re: . by chukel(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2019
DelTel:

I have just done that, let's get every vehicle importer to do same.
A journey of a thousand miles start with a step, this should be our starting step guys.
thanks for this. Can we share this. Can we also go to Twitter, Instagram and make this public with pictures and tag social media influncers.

1 Like

Re: . by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:

wow, this is outrageous to say the least.... lemme goan drop my own

1 Like

Re: . by Olumike456: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Abimby:
Hello house,
Has anyone noticed the recent trend in Lagos port where they bashed your cars anyhow and steal the keys.
I sent some cars and I was heartbroken when they cleared them. I bought these cars myself without dents, only to get to Lagos with several dents. The attached Toyota Camry is worst hit.
Does anyone know any channel to complain
They came in via Grimaldi

Be thanking God they didn't bashed the glasses
And cry your cry alone nobody can help you here

1 Like

Re: . by suco01(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
calculusx:

Some of those thieves ain't smart at all. I'm way smarter than them. All Cars with keys from USA comes with an iron or a clip tied around the steering (pix attached) with the Key. They only steal the keys leaving the iron tied around the steering. It's a clear indication the Vehicle came with a Key but got stolen or detached. With this evidence,you can file for Claim

Sir. My question is can one decide not to include the keys and remote with the car when coming and during clearing on provide the key to the agent in charge of clearing?
Re: . by calculusx(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
suco01:

Sir. My question is can one decide not to include the keys and remote with the car when coming and during clearing on provide the key to the agent in charge of clearing?

That is a worst idea. You Car will be forklift

1 Like

Re: . by suco01(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:

For the house of representatives maybe we tweet oloye akin alabi
Re: . by chukel(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
suco01:

For the house of representatives maybe we tweet oloye akin alabi
please his Twitter handle. I have opened a twit on this issue
Re: . by suco01(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:
please his Twitter handle. I have opened a twit on this issue

@akinalabi
Re: . by chukel(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
suco01:

grimaldi will not allow you ship without a key. If it's thumbstart, you can hide it in the car where it can't be located. Logic is that it can be started since it's hidden inside the car. When it's out, you can pick it from where it was hidden. Now people go as far as removing the door mat, hide the key there and put the door mat back. On arrival, u get a panel beater, remove the doormat and get ur key
Re: . by suco01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:
grimaldi will not allow you ship without a key. If it's thumbstart, you can hide it in the car where it can't be located. Logic is that it can be started since it's hidden inside the car. When it's out, you can pick it from where it was hidden. Now people go as far as removing the door mat, hide the key there and put the door mat back. On arrival, u get a panel beater, remove the doormat and get ur key

Now I get it
Re: . by Readonee35L(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
I was hit real bad.
Just received one of my vehicle today, Sallaum 5star

Es350

Smart key fob stolen
Engine cover stolen
Window button stolen
Tail light broken.

This is insane.

Re: . by dannybrasky(m): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
Port rats!! Danm undecided

Readonee35L:
I was hit real bad.

Es350

Smart key fob stolen
Engine cover stolen
Window button stolen
Tail light broken.

This is insane.

1 Like

Re: . by chukel(m): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2019
Readonee35L:
I was hit real bad.

Es350

Smart key fob stolen
Engine cover stolen
Window button stolen
Tail light broken.

This is insane.

please let's make this thing go viral online. Please go and lodge your complaint with federal competition and consumer protection council. Can we retweet this thing. This is mad

1 Like

Re: . by chukel(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by sultaan(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
Tag Osinbajo about this economic problem for his team.

This is why most people will rather use Cotonou, when you make laws that turns real users of the ports into smugglers then we might all just have to go back to Cotonou or stop shipping like many who have quit the business because of the Nigerian decay.

1 Like

Re: . by charlesadeoye(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=chukel post=81326889]thanks for this. Can we share this. Can we also go to Twitter, Instagram and make this public with pictures and tag social media influncers.[/quote

Was this car containerised or sent through roro?
This is truly disheartening..

1 Like

Re: . by OiOi: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
asamwababy:
This is heart breaking.

This is where investigative journalism comes in and main reason why our media houses lack content.

This is an interesting piece where a journalist goes under cover and shoots a documetary on this issue.

Can imagine a documentary aired on Tv and Newspapers and captioned Lagos port where Customs lack control and Carlessness of shipping Lines which leads to the intentional destruction of imported vehicles in good condition at the Lagos port.

Lexusgs430 DelTel Readonee35L I can write an article on this but I will need names ,shipping lines through which they came, kind of cars and the level of negligence on the part of Lagos port

1 Like

Re: . by chukel(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=charlesadeoye post=81351159][/quote]RORO
Re: . by chukel(m): 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
OiOi:
Lexusgs430 DelTel Readonee35L I can write an article on this but I will need names ,shipping lines through which they came, kind of cars and the level of negligence on the part of Lagos port
thanks a lot. Where do we start. I can do the supplies. Even pictures are available.

1 Like

Re: . by OiOi: 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
Olumike456:

Be thanking God they didn't bashed the glasses
And cry your cry alone nobody can help you here
you sound like a port rat

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
Readonee35L:
I was hit real bad.

Es350

Smart key fob stolen
Engine cover stolen
Window button stolen
Tail light broken.

This is insane.

This is not nice

What's the average price difference between shipping via container and RORO?

Just wondering if it's worth it since the money saved using RORO may not be enough to replace stolen items.
Re: . by OiOi: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:
thanks a lot. Where do we start. I can do the supplies. Even pictures are available.
date and medium through which you convey the vehicles down to Nigeria, shipping agents involved, date it got to Nigeria, damages noticed
Re: . by banky3w(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
chukel:
Guys, let's take this movement to twitter. I've retweeted and commented.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips For Driving Safely In The Rain / Kia/Hundai G4LA engine 1.2liter / Power Steering Pump For Sale!!!! Discount...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.