Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option (28513 Views)

Video Of People Burning Brooms Did Not Happen In Nigeria But Ghana / Inside The Boko Haram Bomb Making Hub In Sambisa Forest(video) / Soldier Calls Sambisa Forest "Local Dubai" As They Discover Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by malakaimoscondo: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:
I watched obaseki interview and he was telling his supporters that out of the whole of SE/SS, he is the only APC government.

Seems the man wants to join his people over in pdp...Edo state you welcome to PDP.

So that finally SE/SS will be locked down for pdp....

But you know Edo state are Yoruba, so I think they will prefer to remain in APC with their brothers in SW.........is still okay...... blood is thicker than water.
baxt to sender
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by onward4life(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2019
aiyeboy:
Like play like play RUGA go divide naija.

I sell phones and gadgets sha

Guy if yu get blackberry classic

Like me no now nah.

I need am
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by osaweseforme(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2019
Why did you rented an apartment or bought a land and builded on it? You can as well go to abuja dont rent or acquire an apartment be roaming about because your are free to move anywhere or stay any where cos u are a nigerian. You guys should reason sometimes. You came to my community and you want a space for free?arrant nonsense, Ruga can never and will never work in Edo state, take your cows to the north, we have even stop eating them, rubbish
GoodGovernance:
Second term political statement.

What is wrong with having Rural Grazing Area in EDO,to cater for many herdsmen that cannot afford individual cattle ranch?

We want peace, yet we do not want to make sacrifice and concessions .So the senseless clashes and killings should continue.

RUGA or no RUGA,Nigerian herdsmen have the right to leave and move to any part of Nigeria.

So why all these rubbish antagonisms?

The bitter truth is Land ,any where in the world, is a source of conflicts,war and deaths.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2019
and Ever. He has said the mind of Edo and that is it, full stop.
MrAnele:
That's what you say now
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by ariesbull: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:

Imagine,

what are you talking sef sire.?

Edo state na Yoruba state oooo. Even the other day the letter written by alaafin to buhari , he named Edo state as Yoruba territory.

Please make your research well.....Edo na Yoruba get am.

See the letter of Alaafin to Buhari

"Titled, ‘Yoruba Question in Nigeria Conundrum,’ Alaafin wrote, “I have never been timid or failed in my total support for the success of your administration. My confidence had always been based on Your Excellency’s ability, fitness and competence in leading the country to the Promised Land, where law and order will prevail, individual liberty is guaranteed and economic wellbeing of the citizens is assured.
“In recent time, however, I am worried about the security situation in the country, especially in the South-West geo-political zone, nay the entire Yoruba-speaking area of the country, including Kwara, Kogi and Edo states."

please argue with facts.

Gbam ...that is why the Igbo has never be it in 1967 or now would never have them in Biafra
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by osaweseforme(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2019
No, be a herder legitimately, buy a land and do your business within, not roaming about destroying the business of others
GoodGovernance:

if farming is not restricted to the north,why should herding be restricted to the north?

Sentiments will continue to kill us in this country undecided

So herding is only meant for the north abi?

A south based northerner should go back to the north because he has chosen to be a herder in the south,abi?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by PapaBaby: 10:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:
I watched obaseki interview and he was telling his supporters that out of the whole of SE/SS, he is the only APC government.

Seems the man wants to join his people over in pdp...Edo state you welcome to PDP.

But you know Edo state are Yoruba, so I think they will prefer to remain in APC with their brothers in SW.........is still okay...... blood is thicker than water.

Oyo state is PDP, Ekiti used to be PDP and even Osun voted PDP. So why can't Edo be PDP?
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2019
You can become a slave because you want Nigeria to grow, its your choice. All Edo People is saying is that there are other and better ways for Nigeria to grow if the fg is sincere with itself and Nigerians and without ulterior motive.
DirtyBit:
1 thing for sure, with this kind of people, Nigeria will Never Grow

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Ctorch: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2019
PapaBaby:

Oyo state is PDP, Ekiti used to be PDP and even Osun voted PDP. So why can't Edo be PDP?

When did ekiti and osun became pdp.

Be guided sir.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2019
They are their sympathizers.so there will be no problem. Truth is bitter oh, but it must be told.
UnitedFront:
Sambisa Forest! Boko Haram abode! We're no longer one in this country. It is one thing to say "there is no land for Ruga in my state", it is entirely different thing to suggest to your fellow citizens to move to Sambisa forest.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Ctorch: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2019
malakaimoscondo:
baxt to sender

Why that?
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by GoodGovernance: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2019
osaweseforme:
Why did you rented an apartment or bought a land and builded on it? You can as well go to abuja dont rent or acquire an apartment be roaming about because your are free to move anywhere or stay any where cos u are a nigerian. You guys should reason sometimes. You came to my community and you want a space for free?arrant nonsense, Ruga can never and will never work in Edo state, take your cows to the north, we have even stop eating them, rubbish

Very illogical reasoning.

We are talking of farming here and the urgent need to stop senseless deaths,not housing.

States governments have been supporting farmers through provision of farm settlements.So why not for herders?

Not every herder is rich enough to afford individual ranch .RUGA is just like a farm settlement or group ranch,nothing more.

Your outburst is just an epitome of top level ignorance and ethnic hatred,nothing more.Who told you RUGA would be free for the herders?But the fact is that,it will be cheaper than having an individual ranch.

A lot of IGR awaits any sensible state government that can grab the opportunity.

For your information I am not a northerner but a sensible and non ethnocentric Nigerian.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Ctorch: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2019
YahwehRocks:

Edos aren't yorubas.
Yorubas hail from Edo state.

For instance, Eko( Lagos state) was named by the Binis. Eko has no known yoruba meaning but has an Edo meaning which is camp area which edos used as a resting area during trade with other now West African countries.

Same with Idumota (no Yoruba meaning) in lagos a corrupted Edo name of Idumwun ota meaning Ota village/ community.

Ancient Bini Empire stretched westward farther than Ghana.
President Nkrumah of Ghana usually dressed like an Edo man.

I tire

Since morning edo guys have descended on me like bees attacking my statement.

But I just made it on light submission and similarities between both sha.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by bigfish3k: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

What is wrong with having Rural Grazing Area in EDO,to cater for many herdsmen that cannot afford individual cattle ranch?

We want peace, yet we do not want to make sacrifice and concessions .So the senseless clashes and killings should continue.

RUGA or no RUGA,Nigerian herdsmen have the right to leave and move to any part of Nigeria.

The bitter truth is Land ,any where in the world, is a source of conflicts,war and deaths.

u have rights to live anywhere - is anybody stopping you?
plateau , benue and kaduna christians that gave them lands - do they now have peace?
doing things properly without nepotism is what u call antagonism ... continue
so because land anywhere in the world is a source of conflict ... so u mean that we should add our own avoidable conflict to it
if u have no sinister motive, u people are yet to tell us the reason why you cant do RUGA in the north that has 75% landmass as compared to souths 25% ... please is this not GREED?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Anegbettedude: 10:38am On Jul 24, 2019
obailala:
You think Oshiomole himself will permit Ruga if he were governor?
I cant vouch for the man again sef cry
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2019
It doesn't matter whether he is looking for sympathy or not. He has spoken the mind of the people. The insincere one here is the fg and it's agenda.
maasoap:

That's not enough, he should tell us how FG is trying to force Edo state into Ruga. To me, the man is just looking for sympathy. And what a way to get it other than hiding under a burning national issue. Nigeria politicians and insincerity are like 5 and 6, I'm not falling for this shiit.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Ctorch: 10:40am On Jul 24, 2019
sexiestharam:

Edo state are yoruba. What a silly statement. Do you read?

So what are they ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by PapaBaby: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:

When did ekiti and osun became pdp.

Be guided sir.
Former gov Fayose is in which party? As for Osun state, go back and re-read what I said.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by PapaBaby: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:

So what are they ma'am?
Edo people
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by Ctorch: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2019
wonder233:
Edo state is not Yoruba. It's funny how simple minded many Nigerians are, trying to fit everyone into either Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa.... Anything more complex than that, their simple minds can't process

Story.

Stop the denial

This is a literate age where u have to belong somewhere.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by nerorex01: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Bendel state as it was back in the days was an old western region of Nigeria which is coined from the word Benin-Delta and later birthed Edo state and Delta state.

Geographically, the Alaafin is emphatically right but culturally they are diverse thereby sharing cultural traits from the Yoruba race, Igbo and Kogi state. History has it that Lagos state used to be a province of the Benin kingdom meaning that the warriors of the Benin kingdom were placed as guards in Lagos to guard their territory.

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by GoodGovernance: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2019
bigfish3k:

u have rights to live anywhere - is anybody stopping you?
plateau , benue and kaduna christians that gave them lands - do they now have peace?
doing things properly without nepotism is what u call antagonism ... continue
so because land anywhere in the world is a source of conflict ... so u mean that we should add our own avoidable conflict to it
if u have no sinister motive, u people are yet to tell us the reason why you cant do RUGA in the north that has 75% landmass as compared to souths 25% ... please is this not GREED?

Is rUGA only meant for the South?

As a matter of fact,it is not compulsory for any state,interested states were only asked to signify. Obaseki is only making second term political statements.

And so far 11 northern states have embraced the idea.Is any state being forced?

Why have you guys allowed sentiments to overshadow your sense of reasoning?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2019
The people,truth and justice is with him and because of the people GOD is with him also.
nelsonoba:

This man is shaking table that many of his APC masters are standing on. I hope he can handle it o

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by aiyeboy(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2019
onward4life:

Guy if yu get blackberry classic

Like me no now nah.

I need am

Issokay, you can subscribe to my thread for updates boss
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by bigfish3k: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Is rUGA only meant for the South?

As a matter of fact,it is not compulsory for any state,interested states were only asked to signify. Obaseki is only making second term political statements.

And so far 11 northern states have embraced the idea.Is any state being forced?

Why have you guys allowed sentiments to overshadow your sense of reasoning?
not sentiments but just the reactions of the south over the unusual attitude of the ruling government over the killings, why are they paying the killers instead of arresting and prosecuting them- is this act not suspicious?

btw, if its not been forced why are they suspending it even after 11 northern states have agreed to it. they should just continue with the 11 states and enjoy the economic benefits alone - we dont want it because it will later breed conflict given benue,plateau,kaduna and taraba experiences
sanctity of life should supercede any economic benefits

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2019
He has not even seen the need to sympathize with those who lost their loved ones, properties and farms to fulani madness.
wink2015:

THE GOOD PEOPLE OF EDO STATE SHOULD INVEST IN CATTLE RANCHING THEMSELVES AND TAP INTO THIS MULTI DOLLARS BUSINESS.

WHY MUST AN UNEDUCATED FULANI HERDSMEN COME TO EDO STATE TO TAKE THIS LUCRATIVE BUSINESS FROM THEM.

They not only take the business but they threatened the peasant farmers with death and even destroy their crops.

President Buhari till date has not seen the need to prosecute these killer herdsmen.

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by genesishouse: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2019
Charleys:
This is why Adams oshiomhole should have taken over the house of Assembly.

Adams oshiomhole really messed up.

take over the house of assembly as WHO?
the speaker, governor or what?
do you think that Edo is Lagos?
ask Oshiomole the effect of his autocracy in Zamfara, rivers and bauchi already.
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by arazanbal: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:

We nor be yoruba oooo,na edo will be bros,bini,asan,esasko,
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by LLMG: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2019
You Hippocrates, you are never seen to condemn the wrongs of fulani herdsmen, always avoiding and quietly supporting their atrocities.are the Fulanis the only poor people in Nigeria. You say you want peace, but in other to achieve that you are exploring avenues that will cause unrest. must others be sacrificed for fulani?. This evil agenda must fail.
GoodGovernance:

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by odedinigbin(m): 11:16am On Jul 24, 2019
aiyeboy:
Like play like play RUGA go divide naija.

I sell phones and gadgets sha

Abeg,carry ur phones and gadgets go Onitsha or ur village
No carry ur china fones divide naija
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by donb06: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2019
GoodGovernance:

if farming is not restricted to the north,why should herding be restricted to the north?

Sentiments will continue to kill us in this country undecided

So herding is only meant for the north abi?

A south based northerner should go back to the north because he has chosen to be a herder in the south,abi?
My bro I understand ur line of thinking....since I was born there have been cattle markets all over the south...hausas and fulanis sell their cattle there. They truck it down to the market.. no problem but herders start becoming mischievious by killing locals and destroying their farms. what should be the reactions from govt: to fish them out and deal with them. But no instead they buhari said we should cohabit with them... We have been co habiting with the peaceful ones for decades without anyone telling us to do so..when the Killings became more serious...the govt said they are not Nigerians but malians and libyans... Why can't u protect ur people from external aggressors?? .. then from the moon u devised a plan to settle the foreigners that have been killing ur people... My brother think am now e dey somehow...the govt was not sincere from the onset hence such reactions from the locals. U don't blame them for it.. GRACIAS
Re: Obaseki: RUGA Will Not Happen In Edo State, Sambisa Forest A Better Option by aiyeboy(m): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2019
odedinigbin:

Abeg,carry ur phones and gadgets go Onitsha or ur village
No carry ur china fones divide naija

lol baba no vex, i understand the country is harsh on all of us.

but our devices arent china ooo NEVER!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes? / 90-Year-Old Man's House Close To Udom's Residence Demolished. Man Laments (Pics) / ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N15m For ‘Unlawfully’ Arresting Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.