Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses (25972 Views)

Gunmen Raze Houses Of APC & LP Chairmen In Imo State, Kidnap Monarch's Wife / Herdsmen Sack Six Benue Villages, Loot Items, Raze Houses Down / Gunmen Kill Six, Raze Houses In Kogi Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by buharified009(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2019
rules of engagement is different in africa, violence can escalate really fast, all i know is that there are always two sides to a story. Am standing on the fence here.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Sunnycliff(m): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2019
Bokoharam have been killing soldiers at will, yet no razing down of northerners building.

Indeed, Nigeria have no right equal for its citizens.

Anyway, we still have the one Nigeria apologists

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Beverlyjean(f): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2019
It's not the work of soldiers to comb areas searching for suspected murderers , it's the work of the police, even if it was a soldier that was killed

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 24, 2019
post=80572769:

Really?!
He who eats in public intentionally invites flies to join the party.
When their boys was forming hardnut to crack they where hailing them but when the repercussion comes dey start shouting. They know what the Nigerian army is capable of yet dey choose to misbehave when dey ought to hv caution their youth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:
Bayelsans deserves whatsoever they are getting.

They love one Nigeria and don't care fighting for healthy living

cult cult done turn occupation there.

Go and weep for yourself especially the inland communities... suffering upon suffering

So u Igbos have resolved to picking on Niger Deltans too as ur enemies.

Ur Yoruba hatred never do una.

E dey 4 ur body undecided

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by ozoebuka1(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2019
Razing down a community in southern Nigeria is no big deal but it becomes a herculian task once it involves the northern Nigeria.

Nepotism is very much in play in Nigeria. I will speak against it anytime i see it lest i became a victim of it.

God save me from an unfair Nigeria... May i be a product of a fair Nigeria, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Hoodbilonia: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Cant imagine me using a shotgun to blast them up
Cowards
Their sight alone irritates me
Fools in green

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by ken6488(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Sunnycliff:
Bokoharam have been killing soldiers at will, yet no razing down of northerners building.

Indeed, Nigeria have no right equal for its citizens.

Anyway, we still have the one Nigeria apologists
Instead they said former Boko Haram can become president

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by prigoz(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2019
Inasmuch I did not support the murder of soldiers but come to think of it, was it the entire community that killed them? How many communities have been razed in the north since Boko Haram and Bandicts started killed army? Must we show tribalism in everything we do in this country. On the other hand, Army should have fish out the criminals but due to their over zealousness, they won't. So after razing down the community, the criminals were found. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Niaja4real(m): 6:58am On Jul 24, 2019
Pamatips:
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Some armed soldiers

Samuel Nkemakolem and Patrick Odey

Troops of the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on Tuesday allegedly invaded the Azagbene community in the Ekermor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State and burnt down houses after chasing away residents.

The rampaging soldiers were said to be in search of suspected militants who allegedly killed two of their colleagues guarding a crude oil facility in the area.

According to a community source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the armed suspected militants had come in a speedboat on Monday night and open fire on the unsuspecting soldiers.

While two of the soldiers died in the surprise attack, one of their colleagues was missing while their rifles were carted away.

He said the attack on the soldiers might have provoked their colleagues as stern looking troops on Tuesday morning invaded the community, burnt houses while the villagers scampered into the bush for safety.

“When the soldiers entered our community, they directed us to leave because they were going to burn everything to the ground and that anybody that failed to comply with the directive would be killed.

“Before some of us left the community, I saw the building of our paramount ruler on fire. Even my family house had been burnt to the ground. As I speak with you, we are suffering for a crime we didn’t commit.”

When contacted, the spokesman for the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Danjuma Jonah, confirmed the death of two of its personnel but denied burning down houses in the community.

He said, “Our men did not burn down houses in Azagbene community. We are only combing the community and neighbouring towns in search of one soldier that is missing as a result of the attack that led to the death of two other soldiers. We are carrying out the search for the missing soldier in conjunction with the leaders of the community.

“So, that is what is going on now. I cannot give you the details of the operation until it’s over.”

In a related development, residents of Inen community in Oruk Anam Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have fled their homes over alleged planned reprisal by soldiers.

The soldiers, it was learnt, were planning to attack the community over the killing of two of their colleagues and the abduction of an expatriate worker which occurred last week at a construction site in the LGA by unknown gunmen.

But the leaders of the community have denied allegations that their people were behind the killing of the two soldiers and the abduction of the expatriate worker.

The Head in Council of Inen Clan, Johnson Obosi, who spoke at a media conference held at the Oruk Anam Local Government Council, said those behind the act would not go unpunished.

Obosi added that as a border community linking it with other local government areas and Rivers State, the perpetrators were able to enter the community to commit the crimes.

He appealed to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the State Commissioner of Police, Zaki Ahmed, to reactivate the abandoned police post in the community by providing it with the necessary manpower and logistics to provide protective cover for the area and its environs.

Obosi said, “This sad news shocked our community and clan in general because, for a long time, we have not had sporadic gun shots of such magnitude.

“This episode which occurred in a commando style was not only mindboggling but devastating, causing panic and tension in our community.

“As we speak, some villagers have fled their places of abode to neighbouring communities for fear of the unknown.

“The Clan-in-Council, leaders of thought and the entire Inen community, condemn and disassociate ourselves from this unfortunate incident and we will be willing to lend support to the authority to ensure freedom for the expatriate.”

The youth President, Mr John Adaedem, who also condemned the attack, exonerated the youths of the area of the crimes and assured the military that they would cooperate with the relevant security agencies to track down the kidnappers.

Source: https://punchng.com/soldiers-murder-troops-invade-bayelsa-community-raze-houses/
In as much as I don't support any act of extra-judicial killings by whatever means, one would really have expected the soldiers to exhibit the same zeal & swiftness to invade all boko haram camps in the North to razed them over the unjustifiable killings of it personnel's on daily basis over there too. Criminality & acts of terrorism is same irrespective of where it occurs or being perpetrated & as such any action taken by the authorities should not be selective, but rather any such action should be holistic... What do I even know self, my mouth shut up ooh!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2019
Idiots in uniform

They all deserve the Boko Haram treatments

Useless people

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by kokoetemma(m): 7:00am On Jul 24, 2019
They should go and burn down all the communities in North East where their colleagues are being killed like flies

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Ctorch: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2019
Noel1:

Everyone that drops a comment is now Ipob.

If you have conscience, what will warrant soldiers to invade a community sacking her people. as strong as America military is, they won't try that.

Imagine razing down people houses, stores displacing them in their own land even couple with the suffering of the people.

They need better than all these unnecessary intimidation all the time but sometimes I don't blame because soon they will give them pipelines surveillance contract whereas the hunger in the land remains.

Nobody is seeing u as enemies rather concern on situation ever since 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Boyooosa(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Since the Army spokesman has denied the illegal burning allegation, i consider the allegation fake until pictures and other evidences suffice online. This is because these days, idiotic people want us to believe every bad news on government even if they are fake!
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Ctorch:

Everyone that drops a comment is now Ipob.

If you have conscience, what will warrant soldiers to invade a community sacking her people. as strong as America military is, they won't try that.

Imagine razing down people houses, stores displacing them in their own land even couple with the suffering of the people.

They need better than all these unnecessary intimidation all the time but sometimes I don't blame because soon they will give them pipelines surveillance contract whereas the hunger in the land remains.

Nobody is seeing u as enemies rather concern on situation ever since 1999.

But U said the Bayelsans deserved it. Didn't u? And that statement was why I countered you bro.

What I was trying tell u is that no one deserves that height of brutality for whatever reason you thought they did.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Tumbulum: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
When their boys was forming hardnut to crack they where hailing them but when the repercussion comes dey start shouting. They know what the Nigerian army is capable of yet dey choose to misbehave when dey ought to hv caution their youth.
How do you caution criminals? If that js possible I believe the north should have cautioned the bokoharam terrorist or the armed herdsmen killing people all over the country. The truth of the matter is that The southern part of the country are being treated like a conquered territoryt and this also is the part of the nepotism. Nobody deserve to suffer for the crime committed by another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by FlordFlorez(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2019
It's unfortunate that Nigerian soldiers don't protect their citizens, which is their fundamental responsibility. How can u explain that thousands of them had been killed by BH and they neva raze sambisa that don't even have a house but they are switch and quick to raze harmless civilians' homes even when they knew that the perpetrators of the crime would for sure flew from that environ. What i believe is that, those soldiers are grown up almagiris without basic and secondary education. Nigeria is a failed state. The marrige must be dissolved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Niaja4real(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
And the same army is not capable of replicating the same fit up north where their members are being decimated on a daily basis? Why can't u just pretend to be honest for once? Now let me ask u, was it the entire community that committed the alleged killing of the soldiers? If yes, then let the community pay for such cruelty towards fellow country man. But if it was some misguided beasts, then why the unjustified carnage on the entire community? Allow your conscience to guide u that is, if u have any.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by oneTIMEman(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2019
They have been killing many of them in Maiduguri,they should go and attack the book boys than showing theirselve in a local community...nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by AfonjaConehead: 7:27am On Jul 24, 2019
Nigeria is indeed a jungle.
The zoo is anti south south and south east.

There's no unity or peace in the country. If there was, whenever soldiers perpetrate such acts of violence against a community or region,other regions should protest massively and such barbaric acts from these soldiers will stop.
But what do we have, nothing... nobody cares about the other in naija. If hailstones are falling in the SS other regions don't care. If it's falling in the west, nobody cares......this country is the worst in the world and should be auctioned on eBay asap.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by frozen70(f): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2019
These soldiers are like lion cubs, if you attack them, their parents (the entire brigade command) will take 100 in revenge

Look at now the idiots that first cause this Wahala, are no where to be found, innocent people houses are being attacked
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by AfonjaConehead: 7:33am On Jul 24, 2019
FlordFlorez:
It's unfortunate that Nigerian soldiers don't protect their citizens, which is their fundamental responsibility. How can u explain that thousands of them had been killed by BH and they neva raze sambisa that don't even have a house but they are switch and quick to raze harmless civilians' homes even when they knew that the perpetrators of the crime would for sure flew from that environ. What i believe is that, those soldiers are grown up almagiris without basic and secondary education. Nigeria is a failed state. The marrige must be dissolved.

They are always quick to attack the SS and SE. They dare not try such in the north. I have seen where a soldier angered a northerner and the northerner grabbed his uniform. Other soldiers began begging the Mallam to free the soldier.
But if it's in the south especially in the SS/SE,they turn to monsters.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Niaja4real:

And the same army is not capable of replicating the same fit up north where their members are being decimated on a daily basis? Why can't u just pretend to be honest for once? Now let me ask u, was it the entire community that committed the alleged killing of the soldiers? If yes, then let the community pay for such cruelty towards fellow country man. But if it was some misguided beasts, then why the unjustified carnage on the entire community? Allow your conscience to guide u that is, if u have any.
1st don't compare north with Niger delta region, up north is a battle of ideology called Boko Haram but down South is a battle of selfish desire.
2ndly, ds community will not tell me 100% dat dey don't know who dz militants are, some of them are their wayward boys whom dey lost control of as a result of poor parental control and also poverty. Then an intervention was given to them through Amnesty program but did dey come out? So I believe that dey willingly support the menace their boys are doing but bear it in mind that whatever affects the head also affect the entire body.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by donprinyo(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2019
Only in Nigeria dis nonsense can be tolerated
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by AfonjaConehead: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2019
Noel1:

How do you ppl regard the igbos and Niger Deltans?
Answer in all honesty
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by naturefellow(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2019
Esseite:

You ask the villagers to leave, how then do you want to make your investigations if not to smoke suspects whom have refused to leave out...
can't the smoking be done without making big fires tht burn down houses... teargas nko?
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by AlanSugar(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2019
post=80572643:

This is barbaric, to raze down a community cos of some criminals crimes?

What shall we believe now?!

աɛʟʟ, ʄɨʀst ʊռɖɛʀstaռɖ tɦɛ ʟօɢɨċ. tɦɛ ɦօɨʊsɛ ɮʊʀռɛʀs ɦaʋɛ ռօt ʏɛt ʀʀtʊʀռʀɖ tօ ɮasɛ tօ ɢɨʋɛ a ʀɛքօʀt օʄ tɦɛɨʀ օքɛʀatɨօռs aռɖ ʊռtɨʟ tɦɛʏ ɖօ, tɦɛ sքօҡɛsʍaռ աɨʟʟ saʏ ռօtɦɨռɢ ɖɨʄʄɛʀɛռt ʄʀօʍ աɦat ɦɛ's saɨɖ tɦɛʀɛ. ʟօʟʐ.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by starstaz(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Johnbosco77:
Na bayelsa dem fit flex muscle.. while for North dem de kill dem like fowl..

Yeye people.

Tactlessness. When it comes to Book boys , u start hearing our allowances have not been paid. The Coas has not provide us armoury to fight insurgencies. They Mil authority have not approved our leave of duty for more than two years. Countless commander and Colonel have been wiped out but no aviation fuel to Fly jet Bombers to bombard those NE villages. I tired out.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Ctorch: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Noel1:

But U said the Bayelsans deserved it. Didn't u? And that statement was why I countered you bro.

What I was trying tell u is that no one deserves that height of brutality for whatever reason you thought they did.

Quite understandable but this has always been the case all the time pure intimidation.

How many times has these rascals called soldiers razed down zamfara, your, even borno state for over 100 of their members killed.

Even kaduna but whenever is bayelsa, Dem go get strength....this has always been the case pure intimidation all the time..

For the brutality it will continue with no end at sight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Urge Tinubu To Get His 1970 Certificate From Govt College, Lagos - Shaibu / Wike: Nobody Can Rename Any Part Of Rivers State / Peter Psquare Endorses Peter Obi For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.