Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses (25973 Views)

Gunmen Raze Houses Of APC & LP Chairmen In Imo State, Kidnap Monarch's Wife / Herdsmen Sack Six Benue Villages, Loot Items, Raze Houses Down / Gunmen Kill Six, Raze Houses In Kogi Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by DauraIsAGoal: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
Una find trouble come dey cry foul, why una bois go kill 2 officer? Niger delta bois no dey hear word atall
Why can't they go and face the militants directly instead of innocent villagers?
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2019
Tumbulum:
How do you caution criminals? If that js possible I believe the north should have cautioned the bokoharam terrorist or the armed herdsmen killing people all over the country. The truth of the matter is that The southern part of the country are being treated like a conquered territoryt and this also is the part of the nepotism. Nobody deserve to suffer for the crime committed by another.
Let me brief you on my experience in one community I served during my service yr in Imo State.
I was posted to a community laden with criminals and cultist who goes on highway to rob commercial vehicles and even perpetrate their evil bk home, dey go about stealing anything dey can think of bn valuable to them, dey boast of police not bn able to enter their community without dem inflicting injuries in them as everywhere is full of bush, ds is a community where men and women, young lads join cult at the slightest opportunity just to show how ruthless dey are, dey smoke heavily, rape their gals and even render them hopeless even to extent of turning them into prostitute without border but one day their elders couldn't take it anymore and decide to compile the names of their wayward youths and hv dem sent to SARS who came in the night and round them up for execution, they where more than 30 in number but only 5 came bk as the lest hv bn executed but yet dey still dey prove stubborn if not for yahoo dat start to gv them money only God knows what dey will be by now. So if their elders in Niger delta could not do anything to caution their youth den govt will do it for them and you know how govt forces bhav when bn provoked? If you don't know ask Nnamdi kanu for details.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by starstaz(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Johnbosco77:
Na bayelsa dem fit flex muscle.. while for North dem de kill dem like fowl..

Yeye people.

Tactlessness. When it comes to Boko boys , u start hearing our allowances have not been paid. The Coas has not provide us armoury to fight insurgencies. They Mil authority have not approved our leave of duty for more than two years. Countless commander and Colonel have been wiped out but no aviation fuel to Fly jet Bombers to bombard those NE villages. I tired out.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by dmz1: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
1st don't compare north with Niger delta region, up north is a battle of ideology called Boko Haram but down South is a battle of selfish desire.
2ndly, ds community will not tell me 100% dat dey don't know who dz militants are, some of them are their wayward boys whom dey lost control of as a result of poor parental control and also poverty. Then an intervention was given to them through Amnesty program but did dey come out? So I believe that dey willingly support the menace their boys are doing but bear it in mind that whatever affects the head also affect the entire body.
[quote][/quote]

you are very dishonest, daft and illogical.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by dreu2fine(m): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2019
The vilagers nos d men wo done d act,y did not dring dem out.d king of d vilage failed as well.i lk wat d soja did
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2019
dmz1:

dmz1:

Your heart and soul is laden with sentiments, if what is done in the North is bn done in the southern part of the country you will still complain, I know dat Niger delta pumps 75% of we country money but dey recieve 13% derivatives, so what happen to dz money? Look at Asari Dokubo using Ijaw movement to swindle govt and when money is bn release to him he started misbehaving looking for someone to pick fight with.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
DauraIsAGoal:

Why can't they go and face the militants directly instead of innocent villagers?
when the militant is hiding in their midst
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Maroghene(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
He who eats in public intentionally invites flies to join the party.
When their boys was forming hardnut to crack they where hailing them but when the repercussion comes dey start shouting. They know what the Nigerian army is capable of yet dey choose to misbehave when dey ought to hv caution their youth.

Where did u see them praising them?
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Maroghene:

Where did u see them praising them?
If you hv not being to any creek or a community in oil rich region then don't counter my quote Shekina.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by dmz1: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
Your heart and soul is laden with sentiments, if what is done in the North is bn done in the southern part of the country you will still complain, I know dat Niger delta pumps 75% of we country money but dey recieve 13% derivatives, so what happen to dz money? Look at Asari Dokubo using Ijaw movement to swindle govt and when money is bn release to him he started misbehaving looking for someone to pick fight with.
[quote][/quote]

as i said you are very daft and extremely dishonest and illogical at best. You are a very dishonestly sentimental soul. you can't fairly analyse a problem and you are here posting comments over the place as if you are wise.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by charleybam(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Misplaced priorities,why not conduct a proper investigation..this country really has a long way to go
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 24, 2019
dmz1:

as i said you are very daft and extremely dishonest and illogical at best. You are a very dishonestly sentimental soul. you can't fairly analyse a problem and you are here posting comments over the place as if you are wise.
Mr wiseman,
Please lecture me on what I need to know regarding ds matter we are dragging for minutes thanks.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Tumbulum: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2019
dirtydiva:
Let me brief you on my experience in one community I served during my service yr in Imo State.
I was posted to a community laden with criminals and cultist who goes on highway to rob commercial vehicles and even perpetrate their evil bk home, dey go about stealing anything dey can think of bn valuable to them, dey boast of police not bn able to enter their community without dem inflicting injuries in them as everywhere is full of bush, ds is a community where men and women, young lads join cult at the slightest opportunity just to show how ruthless dey are, dey smoke heavily, rape their gals and even render them hopeless even to extent of turning them into prostitute without border but one day their elders couldn't take it anymore and decide to compile the names of their wayward youths and hv dem sent to SARS who came in the night and round them up for execution, they where more than 30 in number but only 5 came bk as the lest hv bn executed but yet dey still dey prove stubborn if not for yahoo dat start to gv them money only God knows what dey will be by now. So if their elders in Niger delta could not do anything to caution their youth den govt will do it for them and you know how govt forces bhav when bn provoked? If you don't know ask Nnamdi kanu for details.
your argument does not hold water.what if the criminals come from a different place. We all know that militants stay in the creeks. How do you now identify them and make it known to the army. Like i said earlier there is no justifiable reason to inflict pain on others for the crime they did not commit.
Bokoharam are in the north and causing mayhem and no one has razed down community for the crime committed by few criminals. This and many more unjustifiable actions of the military is the reason why many do not want to belong to this country. I pray the disintegration happens soon .
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by rejoice4eva(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Simply BARBARIC
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Tumbulum:
your argument does not hold water.what if the criminals come from a different place. We all know that militants stay in the creeks. How do you now identify them and make it known to the army. Like i said earlier there is no justifiable reason to inflict pain on others for the crime they did not commit.
Bokoharam are in the north and causing mayhem and no one has razed down community for the crime committed by few criminals. This and many more unjustifiable actions of the military is the reason why many do not want to belong to this country. I pray the disintegration happens soon .
Did I hear you say raze down houses? Did you read the news of how houses where bn raze down in baga Borno during the administration of Lt. Gen. Ihejirika? Did you know how many structures dat was tear down immediately ex president Goodluck Jonathan declare state of emergency in north east? That's another issue for another day but my argument is not to commend the atitude and heavy-handedness of govt forces in bayelsa but dey need to be very careful while dealing with any soldiers guarding oil installations in their region, they can go beyond the level of provocation to destroy community, read what happen to shiite members during their procession in Kaduna when they block Chief of army staff convoy, only God knows hundreds of people dey (shiite) buried dat week including the son of El Zazarky who was among the deceased, it was after dat sad trend dat made the security operatives to arrest their leader including his wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2019
boko haram kills soldiers daily but do you see them retaliating?...
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by sapientia(m): 9:18am On Jul 24, 2019
Neddstark:
Commit an art of war against Nigerian army? If you are not armed like Boko Haram, don't try it. Your hometown will become a ghost town. Stupid youths of today that were toddlers when Odi was decimated and no soldier was convicted. They will never learn.

You are very very daft.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by maasoap(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Alanpoza007:
Boko Haram live in Northern cities like Maiduguri and have killed enough soldiers there. Why haven't they burnt down places like Maiduguri cos of that. They bring these Northern soldiers to the South to intimidate and kill our people while Southern soldiers are taken to the North to be used as sacrificial lambs for Boko Haram, Shittes and other such groups there. What a mistake of a country.

Sentiment apart, both Baga and Bama were burnt by Nigeria soldiers and Boko Haram, one by soldiers, the other by BH alongside with everything including human beings. While this one looks like a sensation to me, no evidence burning
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Neddstark: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2019
sapientia:

You are very very daft.

Thanks. You can kill numerous soldiers too and see what will happen to you. I'm not supporting it biut thats just the way it is
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by abayomilaws(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2019
This is very wrong, razing the whole villages because of the death of some soldiers. Nigeria is a country that has laws for all purposes . why don't the military fish out the killers and hand them over to the police for prosecution. This irresponsible act of these soldiers is against our laws and it is against the rule of engagement as provided under the international humanitarian law/ law of war. The commander of this troop should be tried for crimes against humanity . He should be made to face a trial for war crimes.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by sapientia(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Neddstark:

Thanks. You can kill numerous soldiers too and see what will happen to you. I'm not supporting it biut thats just the way it is

Its stupidity to ever think that the people that commit these crimes will ever be victims of such silly acts by the Army.

So criminals commit crime in your village and move which they always do, the Army should raze your village down?

Are you writing the advise for the victims that do not know what happened or advising the criminals that will never read your post.

One day, we will have a sane Governor or even LGA Chairman that will make the Army know they are being stupid.

Its just a matter of time.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by ofwest47(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2019
The community concerned deserve what happened to them you can not kill soldiers and get away with it.
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by leo2020: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2019
Pamatips:
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Some armed soldiers

Samuel Nkemakolem and Patrick Odey

Troops of the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on Tuesday allegedly invaded the Azagbene community in the Ekermor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State and burnt down houses after chasing away residents.

The rampaging soldiers were said to be in search of suspected militants who allegedly killed two of their colleagues guarding a crude oil facility in the area.

According to a community source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the armed suspected militants had come in a speedboat on Monday night and open fire on the unsuspecting soldiers.

While two of the soldiers died in the surprise attack, one of their colleagues was missing while their rifles were carted away.

He said the attack on the soldiers might have provoked their colleagues as stern looking troops on Tuesday morning invaded the community, burnt houses while the villagers scampered into the bush for safety.

“When the soldiers entered our community, they directed us to leave because they were going to burn everything to the ground and that anybody that failed to comply with the directive would be killed.

“Before some of us left the community, I saw the building of our paramount ruler on fire. Even my family house had been burnt to the ground. As I speak with you, we are suffering for a crime we didn’t commit.”

When contacted, the spokesman for the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Danjuma Jonah, confirmed the death of two of its personnel but denied burning down houses in the community.

He said, “Our men did not burn down houses in Azagbene community. We are only combing the community and neighbouring towns in search of one soldier that is missing as a result of the attack that led to the death of two other soldiers. We are carrying out the search for the missing soldier in conjunction with the leaders of the community.

“So, that is what is going on now. I cannot give you the details of the operation until it’s over.”

In a related development, residents of Inen community in Oruk Anam Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have fled their homes over alleged planned reprisal by soldiers.

The soldiers, it was learnt, were planning to attack the community over the killing of two of their colleagues and the abduction of an expatriate worker which occurred last week at a construction site in the LGA by unknown gunmen.

But the leaders of the community have denied allegations that their people were behind the killing of the two soldiers and the abduction of the expatriate worker.

The Head in Council of Inen Clan, Johnson Obosi, who spoke at a media conference held at the Oruk Anam Local Government Council, said those behind the act would not go unpunished.

Obosi added that as a border community linking it with other local government areas and Rivers State, the perpetrators were able to enter the community to commit the crimes.

He appealed to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the State Commissioner of Police, Zaki Ahmed, to reactivate the abandoned police post in the community by providing it with the necessary manpower and logistics to provide protective cover for the area and its environs.

Obosi said, “This sad news shocked our community and clan in general because, for a long time, we have not had sporadic gun shots of such magnitude.

“This episode which occurred in a commando style was not only mindboggling but devastating, causing panic and tension in our community.

“As we speak, some villagers have fled their places of abode to neighbouring communities for fear of the unknown.

“The Clan-in-Council, leaders of thought and the entire Inen community, condemn and disassociate ourselves from this unfortunate incident and we will be willing to lend support to the authority to ensure freedom for the expatriate.”

The youth President, Mr John Adaedem, who also condemned the attack, exonerated the youths of the area of the crimes and assured the military that they would cooperate with the relevant security agencies to track down the kidnappers.

Source: https://punchng.com/soldiers-murder-troops-invade-bayelsa-community-raze-houses/
No pictures of the razed houses.. another fake news from the Biafra
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Manred0(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2019
You don't killed one of their own and expect a friendly visit
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by naijaseeker: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2019
oo
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by ayatt(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2019
holllandis:

All u do is come here and shout
When you were busy voting the blood sucking person you kept screaming Atiku is ipob
Enjoy your next level

Are you daft or what?
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by HMarshal(m): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2019
It's always easy to sit behind ur key board & debating, arguing & prostulating morals & the self rituous bullshit that cums wit it.thats y ppl behind the desk & ppl on the field will never ever be in good terms.if u aren't there 1st hand, don't type rubbish here.only for the matured ones
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by joshua1000: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
u can kill a soldier and have peace
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by ernieboy(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2019
IMASTEX:
Why has the same troop not invade the Northeast to wipe out Boko Boys for the unending & countless murder of soldiers for many years now?! sad
Even though, I am not in support for the few set of people that killed the soldiers in Bayelsa.
yoga thank u, you took the words right out of my mouth. cowards flexing muscles when they see unarmed civilians.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by lawbereau(m): 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Pamatips:
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Some armed soldiers

Samuel Nkemakolem and Patrick Odey

Troops of the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on Tuesday allegedly invaded the Azagbene community in the Ekermor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State and burnt down houses after chasing away residents.

The rampaging soldiers were said to be in search of suspected militants who allegedly killed two of their colleagues guarding a crude oil facility in the area.

According to a community source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the armed suspected militants had come in a speedboat on Monday night and open fire on the unsuspecting soldiers.

While two of the soldiers died in the surprise attack, one of their colleagues was missing while their rifles were carted away.

He said the attack on the soldiers might have provoked their colleagues as stern looking troops on Tuesday morning invaded the community, burnt houses while the villagers scampered into the bush for safety.

“When the soldiers entered our community, they directed us to leave because they were going to burn everything to the ground and that anybody that failed to comply with the directive would be killed.

“Before some of us left the community, I saw the building of our paramount ruler on fire. Even my family house had been burnt to the ground. As I speak with you, we are suffering for a crime we didn’t commit.”

When contacted, the spokesman for the 16 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Danjuma Jonah, confirmed the death of two of its personnel but denied burning down houses in the community.

He said, “Our men did not burn down houses in Azagbene community. We are only combing the community and neighbouring towns in search of one soldier that is missing as a result of the attack that led to the death of two other soldiers. We are carrying out the search for the missing soldier in conjunction with the leaders of the community.

“So, that is what is going on now. I cannot give you the details of the operation until it’s over.”

In a related development, residents of Inen community in Oruk Anam Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have fled their homes over alleged planned reprisal by soldiers.

The soldiers, it was learnt, were planning to attack the community over the killing of two of their colleagues and the abduction of an expatriate worker which occurred last week at a construction site in the LGA by unknown gunmen.

But the leaders of the community have denied allegations that their people were behind the killing of the two soldiers and the abduction of the expatriate worker.

The Head in Council of Inen Clan, Johnson Obosi, who spoke at a media conference held at the Oruk Anam Local Government Council, said those behind the act would not go unpunished.

Obosi added that as a border community linking it with other local government areas and Rivers State, the perpetrators were able to enter the community to commit the crimes.

He appealed to the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the State Commissioner of Police, Zaki Ahmed, to reactivate the abandoned police post in the community by providing it with the necessary manpower and logistics to provide protective cover for the area and its environs.

Obosi said, “This sad news shocked our community and clan in general because, for a long time, we have not had sporadic gun shots of such magnitude.

“This episode which occurred in a commando style was not only mindboggling but devastating, causing panic and tension in our community.

“As we speak, some villagers have fled their places of abode to neighbouring communities for fear of the unknown.

“The Clan-in-Council, leaders of thought and the entire Inen community, condemn and disassociate ourselves from this unfortunate incident and we will be willing to lend support to the authority to ensure freedom for the expatriate.”

The youth President, Mr John Adaedem, who also condemned the attack, exonerated the youths of the area of the crimes and assured the military that they would cooperate with the relevant security agencies to track down the kidnappers.

Source: https://punchng.com/soldiers-murder-troops-invade-bayelsa-community-raze-houses/
Mumu military, na for South una dey get power, if na for North una go dey bend down dey waka!!!
Re: Soldiers’ Murder: Troops Invade Bayelsa Community, Raze Houses by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
post=80572643:

This is barbaric, to raze down a community cos of some criminals crimes?

What shall we believe now?!
It is barbaric for any community to KILL MILITARY MEN , without PROVOCATION.
In the same Bayelsa, on this same Nairaland, a caption once read:
"DARE DEVIL ARMED MEN KILLED POLICE MEN, SHOT PREGNANT OFFICER AND BURNT DOWN THE STATION"
It takes shack illiteracy and madness for any community to think they've got better formation than the ARMED FORCES.
Let the Nigerian Army teach them lessons. It's wrong to groom lawless children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike: Nobody Can Rename Any Part Of Rivers State / Peter Psquare Endorses Peter Obi For President / 2023: Shettima Hints At Buhari Endorsing Tinubu As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.