Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara (4399 Views)

See How Voters Turned Out To Vote At Michael Okpara Umudike, Abia State / Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:

You’re the one disgracing your lineage with boldness my friend. The western regional parliament had 80 seats. After the 1951 election, AG won 38 seats, IPP won 6 seats, Ondo improvement league won 2 seats, Otu Edo won 3 seats, independent candidates won 3 seats and NCNC won 29 seats. So tell me, how did NCNC won majority of seats?

Provide link from your national archive to back up your lies. Olodo!
Oh sorry!!!! I thought I was quoting a logical man.
Goodluck...
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
tommyken:

Oh sorry!!!! I thought I was quoting a logical man.
Goodluck...

grin grin grin

Olodo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by alphaNomega: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

I wouldn't call it a "blunder" for Awolowo. Awolowo's intentions were noble and he believed so much in progressive doctrine of governance. He saw the northern oligarchy as a threat to an even and just Nigeria. They even jailed him because he stood against northern interests. That's what prompted him to approach Zik. He begged Zik to see reason. Zik agreed. On the day when the alliance was to be formed, Zik INSTEAD ran to the north! He left Awolowo stranded and vulnerable. Awolowo was determined. That's why he declared free education, built the cocoa house (first skyscraper in Nigeria), built the first TV station (among many other firsts), in South West to facilitate development. What did Zik call him? A TRIBAL LEADER!
I'm sure their Kanu of IPOB isn't a TRIBAL LEADER right now.
History is there to learn from. We must know where we're coming from. This isn't propaganda. It's the truth. I won't banter words with any Igbo kid that comes here to rant over what is not.
May God heal Nigeria!

Clearly this one does not know what a skyscraper is.
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by 7lives: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

U mean after awolowo and your yoruba friends betrayed zik in the western region and then u want him to form alliance with u ?

Oga we have internet today ...your press power is dead and igbos now dominate social media

2023 we would betray yorubas again and form alliance with north ...as pay back for 2015

You mean why Yorubas refused to accept an Igbo premier?.
No wonder Ojukwu had to sacrifice a whopping 3 million people, just to annex Yoruba land.
The whole country knows who you guys are, 2023 is around the corner, you people will still come back to wail BIAFURO or LESHURSHURE.

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by laudate: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:
........When the civil war was about to break out, this same Awo went to their leader there and ADVISED HIM NOT TO GO TO WAR YET.

Read the history very well, Awo was almost killed by irate Biafran soldiers and on getting back home, Awo was arrested by Nigerian government for TREASON!

Yorubas contributed soldiers to the Nigerian army fighting the Biafran soldiers but that's where it ended until OJUKWU ATTEMPTED to make inroads here after he overan Asaba.
That's when the likes of Awolowo rose up and showed that brain is ultimate, not brawn, when it comes to warfare.

Back to the discourse here, Awolowo RECOGNISED what we are all suffering now. He attempted to SHIFT the political balance with Zik. Zik reneged and followed what he believed was political gain at the expense of many things.

If Zik had realised that it's better to work with Awolowo, he'd have laid his joker on Awo's table rather than trying to see how he can subdue a "foolish" north. He was badly mistaken.

Fast forward to today, Igbos are as beautiful as they come. No doubts about that. But history is history. Truth is truth!

Hmmmn.....this is interesting! wink Thanks for sharing. Most people often ignore the fact that Awolowo did the little he could to prevent the war, by trying to appeal to Ojukwu's sense of reason. Unfortunately, Ojukwu didn't get the point he was trying to make....how sad. sad

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
7lives:

You mean why Yorubas refused to accept an Igbo premier?.
No wonder Ojukwu had to sacrifice a whopping 3 million people, just to annex Yoruba land.
The whole country knows who you guys are, 2023 is around the corner, you people will still come back to wail BIAFURO or LESHURSHURE.
Ur people knew why they voted the way they did
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by laudate: 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:
You’re the one disgracing your lineage with boldness my friend. The western regional parliament had 80 seats. After the 1951 election, AG won 38 seats, IPP won 6 seats, Ondo improvement league won 2 seats, Otu Edo won 3 seats, independent candidates won 3 seats and NCNC won 29 seats. So tell me, how did NCNC won majority of seats?

Una just wan take laugh kill person for here...! cheesy
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by ORIENTATION101: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
Zik quest for domination is what ruined the first Republic. Awo+plus zik forming the govt would have rewrote the undue advantage given to north.
AG delegates during London conference opined for insertion of secession clause in the Constitution.was supported by north only for them to make U-turn after zik convinced them.
Am happy the descendants of zik re suffering from the foolishness and greediness of their ancestors

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Zik quest for domination is what ruined the first Republic. Awo+plus zik forming the govt would have rewrote the undue advantage given to north.
AG delegates during London conference opined for insertion of secession clause in the Constitution.was supported by north only for them to make U-turn after zik convinced them.
Am happy the descendants of zik re suffering from the foolishness and greediness of their ancestors

Thank you for reminding us of that fact as well. Awolowo made frantic efforts to have that "clause" in our constitution. Zik just DELIBERATELY made himself a stumbling block in the way of that wise sage: AWOLOWO!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2019
seunmsg:

Awolowo introduced cross carpeting in Nigerian politics.
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by laudate: 10:51am On Jul 29, 2019
seunmsg:

Thank you for asking him that basic question. His head is full of sawdust. You will see the illogical reply that he will give you now... grin
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by blissmandate(m): 8:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

U mean after awolowo and your yoruba friends betrayed zik in the western region and then u want him to form alliance with u ?

Oga we have internet today ...your press power is dead and igbos now dominate social media

2023 we would betray yorubas again and form alliance with north ...as pay back for 2015
you fools, you gat no choice. you don't have the number and at the same time Yoruba don't want to have you in their midst anymore. in that 2023 just be ready to move back to your unproductive landlocked erosion ravaged land of OSU. we are chasing you all out of our Yoruba land soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by blissmandate(m): 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
WisdomFlakes:

He sure does sound like one.
yes exactly
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by JAMO84: 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

When u took the western region he won few years later u go to beg for alliance. ...and expect him to trust u ?

U guys must think u are smart
Was the Western region his father's house?
Had Awolowo allowed zik to rule the west after he installed Okpara in the east, I would have personally dug his grave and pour acid on his dead body.

Zik was a greedy intruder who encroached our house and we chased him away, how is that a betrayal?

I AM DONE TALKING

5 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by tamdun: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
JAMO84:
Was the Western region his father's house?
Had Awolowo allowed zik to rule the west after he installed Okpara in the east, I would have personally dug his grave and pour acid on his dead body.

Zik was a greedy intruder who encroached our house and we chased him away, how is that a betrayal?

I AM DONE TALKING
grin
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Mozillafire: 11:27am On Apr 07, 2023
mrvitalis:

How far?
How market
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Mozillafire: 11:32am On Apr 07, 2023
mrvitalis:

In 2015 u sided a northerner against a southern brother
Now u want 2023 when its igbo turn ? Pick an igbo candidate and support to prove u care about south

The fact u guys need to get is this ...the next southern president must be an igbo ( south south or south east )
If u say no let the north keep ruling

Just here to remind you of your faux outrage and stupidity
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by DenreleDave(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09
mrvitalis:

How far... U see how the north don't even like your candidate. He failed woefully there grin grin
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by DenreleDave(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09
mrvitalis:

like awolowo like abiola like tinubu non will rule nigeria

Is mr vitalis Still àlive

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Presidency Opens Up On Osinbajo’s Whereabouts / Seun Osewa Knocks Tinubu Over Fake Bishop Stunt / The Fulani Battle For Adamawa Governorship Seat- What You Should Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.