Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Words Of Hope For People With Special Needs Or Persons With Disabilities - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Words Of Hope For People With Special Needs Or Persons With Disabilities (321 Views)

Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria / JUREMI-A.I.D WALK; People With Disabilities Get NGO Intervention / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Hope For People With Special Needs Or Persons With Disabilities by Godswings(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
After years of procrastination, finally, I was able to create an account and a post on nairaland. So we(those with special needs) could share as well learn from one another.

Most people who finds themselves challenged with disability, only gets to move on with life when it's too late. And that's where some family members fail to Preplan.

One of the things I have learnt for years is never to wait until it's too late to move on with life. I know someone might like to ask "how can I move on with this condition?" well, I vividly understand your fears, but you don't need to start big; you can start by doing those things in your home with no assistance from anyone.

It could be changing of bed sheet, sweeping you room, bathing yourself, even cooking, driving et al. before you know it, you are already thinking of either going back to school, learning a trade, or working in a company.

Being physically challenged in any part of your body, doesn't mean other functional part are not useful. Until you start to engage that active part of your body, you will never know what you are capable of. But be always cautious so you don't over indulge nor do it to impress anyone or compete with anyone.

Take note, if you are physically challenged, person with disability or someone with special needs, what ever you choose to call it. you are not in this alone.

Always remember you have your fellow brothers and sisters on this platform, you can lean your shoulders on and be accepted with unconditional love the way you are.
Re: Words Of Hope For People With Special Needs Or Persons With Disabilities by oxypress: 12:58am On Jul 25, 2019
If doctors have said that it is still possible to walk again I believe it. At the back of my mind is the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, hbot. Please do some research and see how people with paralysis have been benefiting. If necessary we can send you links to read.
We don't know your story; it will throw light on the possibility of having some improvement with hbot. Without surgical intervention hbot is the most appropriate therapy one can think of. Let's hear the story so that we can detemine if hbot can help. Never lose hope.
Re: Words Of Hope For People With Special Needs Or Persons With Disabilities by Godswings(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
oxypress:
If doctors have said that it is still possible to walk again I believe it. At the back of my mind is the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, hbot. Please do some research and see how people with paralysis have been benefiting. If necessary we can send you links to read.
We don't know your story; it will throw light on the possibility of having some improvement with hbot. Without surgical intervention hbot is the most appropriate therapy one can think of. Let's hear the story so that we can detemine if hbot can help. Never lose hope.

let's have list and pictures of people whom you've treated and can now walk.

no one needs to ask for link. you should be anxious to share link, if truly it's genuine.

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons To Be Careful Of Eating Ponmo! / Top 10 Fruits For Weight Loss / 6 Easy Steps On How To Stop Stinky Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.