Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (13784 Views)

Would You Propose To Your Girlfriend After A Mastectomy? / Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday / How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by tpiah: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2010
back in the olden days it used to be "take home to mama"

but these days I guess it's "take mama home to girl"

una don grow wings.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2010
I'm going to make a bet . . . this guy will not marry the girl in questions! undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ mr strategy
From your responses it's easy to see how you got your handle.
I like your analyses of the problems and solutions.
I'll give it a trial
Re: . by SisiKill1: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
Whatever you do bro. . . Do NOT. . . I repeat do NOT "convene" a meeting with your mother and the girl just to tell your mom she shouldn't have treated your lover that way.

Of course if your real intention is to create enmity between them. . . Please go right ahead!!!

Can't understand how some people justify being disrespectful to their mothers for some girl. Times-a-changing. Smh!.

By the way, the fact that some of us have the GOOD SENSE and UPBRINGING to know better than to remain in a boyfriend's house while his mother is around does not make us hypocrites. . . Thank you very much.

And we are not condemning them for having sex before marriage. . . That's their business. The real issue is carrying on with it while mama is around. Put that shite on hold for heavens sake. . . It's not like it's air that u can't live without. Jeeesus Christos.
Re: . by gestapo(f): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2010
MrStrategy:

@Poster,
[others in similar mess can take note too]
two wrong things happened.
You must tread carefully else you'll make the
third and most fatal mistake.

First, change your paradigm.
If you remain with your current thought pattern,
you'll get things wrong.
I will offer therapy to the two problems in three dimensions.

The Problem:
1. Accept that you were wrong by inviting
you girlfriend to your house.
2. Your mother was also wrong
by exercising direct authority over your girlfriend.
(Maybe she thought she had no other option since
you were away when she found saw her).

The Implication:
1. Premarital sex has exposed your relationship
with the girl to much danger
(you should understand what I mean).
2. If you marry this girl,
you Mom can be very overbearing on her.
There will be a feud between Mom and wife.
The foundation of their relationship has been marred.

The Solution:
1. But with a change of approach and mindset,
you can resolve problem 1.
If you have cleaned up your relationship with the girl
and you really wish to marry her, you must proceed to Solution 2.
2. Convene a meeting with you Mom and fiancee
prove to your Mom that you have gone through Solution1
(that's all that's in her mind).
Then boldly make her know that you will not tolerate
her direct confrontation with your fiancee
now and in the years to come.
She must understand that you are in charge of you household
(she may get emotional with this
but that's the only way you can secure your wife
she needs you to be her sure security).

Give it a try
and tell me what you think.

AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THE SMALL INSIGNIFICANT NEGLIGIBLE INPUT OF THE OP THAT HIS GIRLFRIEND'S PARENTS ARE NOT AWARE OF THE FACT THAT SHE LEAVES UNIVERSITY TO GO AND CAMP IN HIS HOUSE, WHICH IS PROBABLY DOWN TO FEAR AND RESPECT FOR THEM undecided

Come back here, your job is not yet done, YOU HAVE TO REDRAFT YOUR STRATEGY TO INVITE THE GIRL'S MUM TO THE MEETING TOO, ODOYO
Re: . by tpiah: 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2010
Do NOT. . . I repeat do NOT "convene" a meeting with your mother and the girl just to tell your mom she shouldn't have treated your lover that way.

let him convene a meeting nah.

the mama should just keep quiet and watch the both of them.

i doubt this guy will marry before he's 45, the way he's going.

if he does by some error, manage to marry, na soso beating the girl go dey beat am every other week.
Re: . by twinkle87(f): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Poster,

First things first, u have introduced ur gal to ur family right?, and to a large extent she should know the kind of person your mum is right?
If i were in her shoes, since your mum was around i would have cut my stay short! i would make sure i prepare enough food {soup stew rice etc} that would be enough for both of you during her stay, and probably do some domestic cleaning, then leave the next day! that way ur mum wld not have the impression that she's there with you for a long time!, i sound harsh but thats just me!
Believe you me, ur mum wld have been happier with her that way, and come to think of it, no responsible mum wld be 'comfortable' with a girl she hasnt married into the family living together with her under the same roof for one night, even if its your house!

Anyways, what has happened has happened, hope u handle the situation maturely, thats the best you can do for now!
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
gestapo:

AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THE SMALL INSIGNIFICANT NEGLIGIBLE INPUT OF THE OP THAT HIS GIRLFRIEND'S PARENTS ARE NOT AWARE OF THE FACT THAT SHE LEAVES UNIVERSITY TO GO AND CAMP IN HIS HOUSE, WHICH IS PROBABLY DOWN TO FEAR AND RESPECT FOR THEM undecided

Come back here, your job is not yet done, YOU HAVE TO REDRAFT YOUR STRATEGY TO INVITE THE GIRL'S MUM TO THE MEETING TOO, ODOYO

The girls parent didnt know and you guys hid it from them probably out of respect but you want your own mom to be watching her unmarried son camp another woman at home.

It seems the OP has already made up his mind on what to do. Cos he always seem to agree with anyone who tells him he needs to scold him Mom.

No Problem invite your mom and your gf . Make your mom go on her knees, Buy Koboko and flog the hell out of her and make her do frog jump for 2hrs.

Next time she would know how to mind her business.

Are you satisfied?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 21, 2010
I think this poster is deliberately dragging this issue. Stop whinning please

Seriously now I know why the mum still looks out for him@ the age of 33

You are a NAG
Re: . by sley4life(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2010
@Mutter. Spot on. For the other dudes&gals here to take note. Ive repented now from reading ur comment
Re: . by madchen(f): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
Man the posts on this site , amazing! (Please note the sarcasm)

In 2010 , it's really interesting to see the 'problems' people have. SMH
Re: . by cube63: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2010
@ tpiah: You're stupid! I'm only 24 now, slowpoke!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of These Are You In Your Family? / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? / Husband Caught With Wife's Daughter In Thier Matrimonial Bed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.