Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,475 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? (5164 Views)

Garba Shehu: Jonathan’s Govt Tried To Bend Electoral System Against Buhari / FG Tried To Kill El-zakzaky In India – IMN / El-zakzaky: 3 Shi’ites Die In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:12am On Jul 25, 2019
Since according to the ipob Miscreants, El-Zakzaky is now the pride of the Nation, the peace loving man, the adopted religious leader of the IPOB, then why did their Hero of Corruption(Jonathan) kill 3 of his Children and 32 of his followers in one fell swoop?

How soldiers killed my three sons, 32 followers, by El-Zakzaky

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-soldiers-killed-my-three-sons-32-followers-by-el-zakzaky/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2019
cool
Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:20am On Jul 25, 2019
So it's only igbo dats supporting or clamouring for his release.... The evil this present government is perpetrating trumps dat of the previous one, it just overwhelming

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Ruggedniggaone: 6:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Oshigun:

You are minding Igbos who are perpetual anarchist totally devoted to doing and saying anything that will bring down the "Zoo"? Igbos will support anything or anyone, even the Devil, that is against the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. Zakzaky is their hero now never mind that they hate Moslems and even coined the tag of Yoruba Moslem.
how many has your terrorist oga killed?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Abeymills(m): 6:30am On Jul 25, 2019
God will surely judge Buhari n his stupid demented supporters they c killings as trophy because Jonathan kill 30 Buhari should kill them all idiots even on nairaland

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 25, 2019
Ngene, I think you should read the article from your link and not just the headlines, then you would see the leader we had in GEJ in handling conflicts.

Excerpts from your link:
The Presidency is said to be distancing itself from the conduct of the soldiers who opened fire on the protesters.

Aso Rock, according to sources, is utterly embarrassed by the development and has ordered a probe by the security agencies into the incident during which supporters of the man considered as an influential voice against Boko Haram were killed.

The investigation is to identify the soldiers who pulled the trigger at the peaceful procession and the allegation.

President of the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria, Comrade Shehu Sani yesterday said President Goodluck Jonathan must take charge of the security situation in the country.

The Nation gathered yesterday that the Presidency saw the Zaria procession of El-Zakzaky followers as peaceful.

It holds the fiery Islamic preacher in high esteem in view of his stance against the activities and pronouncements of Boko Haram.

“The Presidency has asked security agencies to investigate how 12 members of the sect were killed because El-Zakzaky’s group has openly preached against insurgency,” a highly placed source said yesterday.

The source added:”Preliminary report also showed that in the thick of the disruption of the procession and attendant stampede, some followers of the cleric apprehended some soldiers and marched them to El-Zakzaky.

“Instead of being violent, El-Zakzaky, who was oblivious of the killing of some members of the sect, challenged his supporters on why they had to arrest soldiers who are law enforcers. He ordered the immediate release of the soldiers.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by daddytime(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2019
Na wa
Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by tesppidd: 6:40am On Jul 25, 2019
Abeymills:
God will surely judge Buhari n his stupid demented supporters they c killings as trophy because Jonathan kill 30 Buhari should kill them all idiots even on nairaland
That's the same emotional blackmail you people always come up with.

Just like when you are reminded that Jonathan's regime also witnessed thousands of deaths from Fulani herdmen clashes and ask you to stop saying the clashes are because a Fulani man is President, you claim that we are comparing deaths.

Now again, you keep claiming that Buhari Is a monster for the clamp down on the Shites for their illegal activities or that he's trying to elimminate the Shites,

but when you're reminded that Jonathan also clamped down on them you claim again that we are comparing deaths.
What sort of emotional blackmail do you guys love to bring?

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nemesis909: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2019
Abeymills:

Hypocrite.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2019
Esseite:
Ngene, I think you should read the article from your link and no just the headlines, then you would see the leader we had in GEJ in handling conflicts.

Excerpts from your link:

Handle my foot! May your children not get killed and you would get that of kind Ogogoro infested panel of enquiry set up in place of your kids..

Who was arrested for the murder

Who was prosecuted for the murder?

Keep your hypocritical cap off my thread.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:57am On Jul 25, 2019
Esseite:
Ngene, I think you should read the article from your link and no just the headlines, then you would see the leader we had in GEJ in handling conflicts.

Excerpts from your link:

The (Shia) hatred against Nigerian Govt started when your hero of corruption brutally murdered their Leader's three sons in cold blood..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by beejaay: 6:57am On Jul 25, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Since according to the ipob Miscreants, El-Zakzaky is now the pride of the Nation, the peace loving man, the adopted religious leader of the IPOB, then why did their Hero of Corruption(Jonathan) kill 3 of his Children and 32 of his followers in one fell swoop?

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-soldiers-killed-my-three-sons-32-followers-by-el-zakzaky/
Everything you guys support and criticise is for your pocket and never for the benefit of the nation.

When these people were killed during protest in Zaria, you were all out calling gej all manners of names for the death of the sons and elrufai was everywhere calling the Nigeria army jonathanian army for the killings and calling the world to stop gej from killing Nigerians and northerners...he even went on a visit to the man to condole him on the loss of his sons without thinking of the soldiers that were also killed.

Fast forward to PMB regime and the same elrufai calling the army jonathanian army was at the fore front of the attack against them and even used the army to killed scores of his followers and son, destroying all of their properties, conducted secret mass burial for those killed, and incarcerated the man and his wife for offence that was not even remotely up to what they did during gej tenure..

All of a sudden you all remember how they were killed during gej tenure and now seeing it as a way to justify the bad killings..

Like I said then and I will say now, the killings of citizens for no justifiable reason is a recipe for what is to come cos every soul will cry for justice, if not now then certainly later...what the govt did during gej tenure was wrong and what the govt is doing now is also wrong...this has nothing to do with religion but everything with humanity

I just pity people who lack historical knowledge of event and are quick to take sides as they will mostly often support the monster
You all benefitted from the media negativity of it then

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2019
beejaay:

Everything you guys support and criticise is for your pocket and never for the benefit of the nation.

When these people were killed during protest in Zaria, you were all out calling gej all manners of names for the death of the sons and elrufai was everywhere calling the Nigeria army jonathanian army for the killings and calling the world to stop gej from killing Nigerians and northerners...he even went on a visit to the man to condole him on the loss of his sons without thinking of the soldiers that were also killed.

Fast forward to PMB regime and the same elrufai calling the army jonathanian army was at the fore front of the attack against them and even used the army to killed scores of his followers and son, destroying all of their properties, conducted secret mass burial for those killed, and incarcerated the man and his wife for offence that was not even remotely up to what they did during gej tenure..

All of a sudden you all remember how they were killed during gej tenure and now seeing it as a way to justify the bad killings..

Like I said then and I will say now, the killings of citizens for no justifiable reason is a recipe for what is to come cos every soul will cry for justice, if not now then certainly later...what the govt did during gej tenure was wrong and what the govt is doing now is also wrong...this has nothing to do with religion but everything with humanity

I just pity people who lack historical knowledge of event and are quick to take sides as they will mostly often support the monster

Don't you think the recipe was prepared and garnished the day your Hero of Corruption brutally killed His THREE SONS and 32 FOLLOWERS in cold blood, ipob yoot?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Handle my foot! May you children not get killed and get that kind Ogogoro infested panel of enquiry..

Who was arrested for murder

Who was prosecuted for the murder?

Keep your hypocritical cap off my thread.

The presidency then, distanced itself. in same link, it was proven even by El-Zakzaky that his followers apprehended soldiers and brought to him which he ordered their release..

In Buhari scenario, Burutai murdered over 300 Shiites members, detained zaky himself against court orders for same procession you are tackling GEJ on..

When you compare both presidents and how they handled the scenerios, the difference is clear.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by gozmok1(m): 7:01am On Jul 25, 2019
i hate this ngene fool

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Abeymills(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2019
tesppidd:
That's the same emotional blackmail you people always come up with.

Just like when you are reminded that Jonathan's regime also witnessed thousands of deaths from Fulani herdmen clashes and ask you to stop saying the clashes are because a Fulani man is President, you claim that we are comparing deaths.

Now again, you keep claiming that Buhari Is a monster for the clamp down on the Shites for their illegal activities or that he's trying to elimminate the Shites,

but when you're reminded that Jonathan also clamped down on them you claim again that we are comparing deaths.
What sort of emotional blackmail do you guys love to bring?
the use of total force will not solve d problem bokoharam is still there Fulani herdsmen is still there bandits still there pls by d time they use force they will become more deadlier there are better ways to solve this kind of problem not only killing n compared killing there is no justification for that because it's completely unnecessary get that into ur skull America could destroy Iran but still decide to use diplomatic sanctions

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nemesis909: 7:03am On Jul 25, 2019
beejaay:

Hypocrite.

A state within a state would never be tolerated.

A group of people who had the audacity to stop a general's convoy from moving,, thinking they were the untouchables have had to wail for 4 years and counting.

You and your crew can do your worst.

If Zakzaky should ever be released, please provide your local government details so he can set up his new HQ there.

Hypocrite.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nemesis909: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2019
gozmok1:
i hate this ngene fool

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by tesppidd: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2019
Abeymills:
the use of total force will not solve d problem bokoharam is still there Fulani herdsmen is still there bandits still there pls by d time they use force they will become more deadlier there are better ways to solve this kind of problem not only killing n compared killing there is no justification for that because it's completely unnecessary get that into ur skull America could destroy Iran but still decide to use diplomatic sanctions
Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by beejaay: 7:12am On Jul 25, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Don't you think the recipe was prepared and garnished the day your Hero of Corruption brutally killed His THREE SONS and 32 FOLLOWERS in cold blood, ipob yoot?

Ofcourse am iPod yoot once I didn't agree with you...its not all of us that have sold our soul for a pot of soup...
Which recipe was prepared?? You abuse, blame, criticise gej for the killing of lives even when soldiers lives were also lost and you turn around to perpetuate the same thing you blame others for...
I rarely post again having been here from the beginning of nairaland and seeing all manners of character supporting the govt over the time( it was some useless character like you supporting gej for all stupidity during gej tenure), PMB tenure will elapse and some new useless character like you will emerge to feed the gullibles with the same set of lies to support the coming govt, so go on madam and enjoy your pay but remember that you are a Nigeria and we will all continue to enjoy the rot together and even maybe die from the same evil u supported

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Born2Breed(f): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2019
Total of those killed during GEJ were less than 40.

But in one full swoop Buhari and Buratai killed 980.

From 2015-2019. Buhari has killed 3,500 Shia.

Hyprocrite Op, I know you are a Sunni and you hate shia with passion but soon they will react and you including all that is yours will be their first victims.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:18am On Jul 25, 2019
gozmok1:
i hate this ngene fool

I don't hate ipob yoots, because they are born retards who need all the help they could get.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by beejaay: 7:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Nemesis909:

Hypocrite.

A state within a state would never be tolerated.

A group of people who had the audacity to stop a general's convoy from moving,, thinking they were the untouchables have had to wail for 4 years and counting.

You and your crew can do your worst.

If Zakzaky should ever be released, please provide your local government details so he can set up his new HQ there.

Hypocrite.
You still don't get it, do you??well I don't blame you, it's not your fault but the fault of hyper emotion surging through your vain as a result of religious bigotry, misplaced support for the govt, a Sunni follower or an uninformed patriot...enjoy your gullibility bro

For the record, I have ditched religions for more than 7years now so my allegiance is to no religion but humanity, am a full blooded Yoruba so can't call me ipob yoot....am just a passionate Nigerian with historical knowledge of events as they occur

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2019
Born2Breed:
Total of those killed during GEJ were less than 40.

But in one full swoop Buhari and Buratai killed 980.

From 2015-2019. Buhari has killed 3,500 Shia.

Hyprocrite Op, I know you are a Sunni and you hate shia with passion but soon they will react and you including all this is yours will be their first victims.

I also know you are Jewish Shiite Christain, who Hate Hausa Fulani

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nemesis909: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2019
beejaay:

You still don't get it, do you??well I don't blame you, it's not your fault but the fault of hyper emotion surging through your vain as a result of religious bigotry, misplaced support for the govt, a Sunni follower or an uninformed patriot...enjoy your gullibility bro

For the record, I have ditched religions for more than 7years now so my allegiance is to no religion but humanity, am a full blooded Yoruba so can't call me ipob yoot....am just a passionate Nigerian with historical knowledge of events as they occur

Writing rubbish.

You are just bitter about life and you seek to transfer it any which way you can.

No country would tolerate rebellion, none whatsoever.

Zakzaky's commune would never be allowed to run parallel to the defined Nigerian state.
Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2019
Everytime the general public smell their stinking evil ways

Next thing is to look for who did worse or who to blame

A government that campaigned with the change mantra

When a president can't blame a simple order... Anarchy looms and people die

There was never a change anywhere
There is no corruption fight Anywhere... Ask Danjuma Goje.. Timi sylva with 48 houses is a minister with the man keyamo who was prosecuting his case for the Efcc.... They are colleagues today
They want to take Nigeria to the next level grin

Zombies are walking dead people

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Elose11(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2019
It's either you did not read the full story or you wanted to embarrass the govt of president Buhari. The GEJ govt's response was very apt.
From this report, one can now see the reason PMB hates El Zakzaky. He did not support PMB and the northern elders sponsorship of Boko Haram.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Jonathan didn't kill elzakzakis sons,and the murders were in 2015,under buharis government, stop spreading falsehood.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Levant: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2019
Sunnis should stop their lies.

There are elements in the security forces that are anti Shia because they are pro Wahhabi Saudi Arabia. They view the Shi'ites as heretics.

What happened in July, 2014 was not Jonathan joining your sectarian madness. Jonathan didn't order anything or any killings.

An army patrol vehicle took the same route Shi'ites were plying during their Quds Day procession. As usual, the army said their way was blocked. Its always a coincidence that our soldiers always follow the same route that these people take for their processions and then end up shooting at them and claiming their way was blocked. Sunnis block our roads weekly for Friday prayers and Christian churches do and traditional worshipers do for their masquerades. Yet, no one kills them or forces his way through.

After the incident happened in 2014, Jonathan, a whole president of the federal republic took a phone and called Zakzaky to apologize to him. Zakzaky rejected Jonathan's apology. Jonathan apologized as a the commander in chief, since soldiers were involved in killing three sons of Zakzaky and shooting 30 of his followers on the procession.

El Rufai rejoiced that Zakzaky rejected Jonathan's apology:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elrufai/status/509357416275009536

https://thenationonlineng.net/el-zakzaky-rejects-jonathans-sorry/amp/

Afterwards, El Rufai went to Zaria to pay condolence visit to Zakzaky. You can see the pictures all over nairaland and the internet.

Now compare to what happened in 2015. Buhari justified the Zaria Massacre during his media chat, in which hundreds of Nigerians were killed by soldiers and dumped in a mass grave. No investigation and no one held responsible or punished for shedding the blood of civilians. Afterwards, IMN followers have repeatedly been shot at and killed during their protests and religious processions without any remorse, without any apology from the president for the loss of lives.

Please you people should not include Jonathan in your sectarian madness and stupidity. You can continue killing yourselves if you like. Christians are not involved. Jonathan is a man who handed over power because the blood of Nigerians are not worth to be shed for his political ambitions. Why would he shoot at civilians in religious procession or order the killing of another man's sons?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nemesis909: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2019
omale88:

Jonathan didn't kill elzakzakis sons,and the murders were in 2015,under buharis government, stop spreading falsehood.

Abi you get apollo?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan's Govt, Kill El-Zakzaky's 3 Sons, & 32 Followers In 2014? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Nemesis909:

Abi you get apollo?
that's not what's on Wikipedia bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra:I Started A Petition Calling For 5 Igbo States{photos } / Man Caught On Cam The Moment Before 14yrs Trader Was Hit By Stray Bullet (video) / Dr Yusufu Datti Blasts Tinubu For Asking Nigerians To Shut up On National TV..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.