Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs (5383 Views)

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Husbands Who Beat Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by laudate: 2:45pm On May 18, 2007
Red Lips:
Yes I'm sure her parents spent so much on her education just so she can do a job that any illiterate can partake in.

Haba! My friend, abeg don't use dat word 'illiterate' before Donzman decides to harass you o! tongue
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Imani(f): 3:05pm On May 18, 2007
Hello laudate, i was beginning to think you only reside on the tribalism thread lipsrsealed

@Topic,

While some men may be insecure or just want to feel proud about being responsible for the maintenance of thier home, sometimes, it may be necessary for a woman to take some time off work for family reasons.

As a graduate, i will work and thereafter have my own business at some point. [s]not some corner shop outside the house run by the 'housegirl[/s].

Like a friend of mine says, what is the point of a lady having all these degrees if you are only going to be the houselady. I am not mocking those who choose to be housewives. But the keyword is choice.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by laudate: 3:15pm On May 18, 2007
Imani:

Hello laudate, i was beginning to think you only reside on the tribalism thread lipsrsealed

How have you been, girl??!! I've actually been everywhere. How's life treating you?

Got to agree with you that "sometimes, it may be necessary for a woman to take some time off work for family reasons." I have a few female friends who traded in their bank jobs for other less stressful jobs, because it interfered with the time they had for their kids. Before they got those new jobs, they had to stay at home for a while. wink

One of them actually swopped her position as a high-flying branch manager of a new-generation bank, to become an English teacher in posh, private school in Lagos. She took a pay-cut, but admits it is worth it. As a teacher she closes from work at 2:00p.m & gets to spend more time with her family, unlike when she was a banker who regularly closed from work at 9:30p.m at night, including Saturdays! The key word, I believe, is balance. smiley

But with entrepreneurs, I have discovered that sometimes you even have to put in more hours in your business, than you would do in a regular job, in order to get such an enterprise off the ground!
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Imani(f): 3:48pm On May 18, 2007
laudate:

How have you been, girl??!! I've actually been everywhere. How's life treating you?

I am ok , thanks. Been so busy for the past 4 weeks which has been incredible. I have some breathing space now, just. would still like a chat or two sometime, except you dont chat to nairalanders, some of who are becoming troublesome of late.

laudate:

But with entrepreneurs, I have discovered that sometimes you even have to put in more hours in your business, than you would do in a regular job, in order to get such an enterprise off the ground!

Putting in more hours is not an issue. The problem is the double standards of some of our men. While they want to be supported and understood if they need to put in the hours to be successful, some of them refuse to do likewise for thier wives and start complaining of them being outside too much.[quote][/quote]
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by ayeesha: 3:50pm On May 18, 2007
is he okay? what did i gi to school for? angry
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Imani(f): 4:01pm On May 18, 2007
ayeesha:

is he okay? what did i gi to school for? angry

Lol, to sit at home, watch plates, cook, make the bed, do the house decorations, look after the kids and all the other duties that people tend to use as excuses. I wonder when some people will realise that being staying at home means and being organised does not mean being productive mentally.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by totalfact(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2007
possibly d wife's boss is threatening her.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Imani(f): 5:51pm On May 19, 2007
totalfact:

possibly d wife's boss is threatening her.

She can always look for another job after resigning the 'threatening' one.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by shushu(f): 6:15pm On May 19, 2007
x
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by spoilt(f): 9:30pm On May 19, 2007
shushu:

hey hot chic and others,
i have reached a stage in my life where i know that career isn't everything.I have stayed back home at a stage of my marriage just so we could settle down well.This was entirely my decision anyway.I am now back to work.
There are always faces in life and I'll just say never say never.

i too have gotten to a point in my life where i would happily resign my job in a heart beat for my kid. ive had it with the cut throat corporate world. it's killing me.and trying to juggle a career and motherhood is the hardest thing ever. i would happily 'lagbesh' at home while loverboy goes out to make a living for us. but that decision is mine to make and i cant be ordered to resign. and besides he should be ready to maintain me at the level at which im now used to living.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by beyunce(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2007
In most cases its cos the husband is jealous of the wifes position. either shes higher or earn more money, while in some other cases the husband is just concern. (my Opinion)
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by soulpatrol(f): 10:58pm On May 21, 2007
selfish selfish selfish. that's what it is. pls, men, don't "force" your wife to resign, it should be her choice. the kids also need their father to spend time with them, not just the mother. afterall, you both contributed to bringing the child into the world right? it should be a shared responsibility. if the man chooses to be a stay-at home dad while the woman works, then do whatever works for you. please, just don't force it on a woman what her "responsibilities" are. you end up getting someone who feels oppressed, frustrated and unappreciated. don't get me wrong, some women like to stay at home, but let it be her choice. you ain't her daddy! (ok, maybe in other areas grin )
hope you get my drift? cool
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Everbright(f): 6:09pm On May 22, 2007
I agree with Seun,couples should discuss this before marriage.
If any man does not want his wife to work, then let him get married to an illiterate period.
I can't afford to spend time in school only to be a full house wife,God forbid sad
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by mellow(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2007
Must have a reason for asking her to resign,

don't you think so?
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by sisimose(f): 7:06pm On May 22, 2007
well nothing wrong if he is rich enough to support you and have plenty for holidays etc.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by laudate: 7:44pm On May 22, 2007
sisimose:

well nothing wrong if he is rich enough to support you and have plenty for holidays etc.

Hehehehe!! I like that. Di guy must be a multi-millionaire, abi? grin
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by sisimose(f): 7:59pm On May 22, 2007
laudate:

Hehehehe!! I like that. Di guy must be a multi-millionaire, abi? grin

smile. Yes if he wants the wife to quit work yes, he better be one. wink
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by hotchic1(f): 5:58pm On May 26, 2007
For any responsible man to ask his wife to resign his job,i think he must have a very good reason and besides,there are some jobs that aint very good for married women.Nevertheless,the man shouldn't force his wife,they both need to reach a compromise.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by hotchic1(f): 6:06pm On May 26, 2007
@ hotchic,a man impregnating his househelp has nothing to do with the wife holding down a job.
It has to do with the man himself.

afterall being a housewife does not mean she has a key to lock and unlock his "kiniko"
A cheating man will always cheat

I am quite aware of this but i think a woman should not leave room for this,she should always try to consider her home when choosing a career.There are some cases of cheating where it is quite obvious that it was the woman that pushed out her husband.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by Funseeka(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2009
Going to school or being literate does not mean one must work. It means you are trainable and matured enough to follow the trend of time and apply knowledge accordingly, even to the running of the home. What the heck does anyone mean by saying he/she went to school so he/she can work? Illiterates work and some of them are millionaires. Bill gate dropped out of school as well as the founder of CCN. So going to school has nothing to do with working or not working; anybody can work.

I think it depends on the vision of any family. Some bankers give all their time to their banks while insurance babes are striving to meet targets. Nurses attend to the sick at nite while their hus have the pillows to romance. Teachers on the otherhand have all the time in da world; more thanks to the frequent strikes.

If there is total understanding and respect at home anything is possible. It has nothing to do with ego and control; just understanding. So many kids are fucking the maids while their mothers are chasing after money. I prefer my wife to work just because we have the means to care 4da kid(s).

Know what is good for your marriage and apply it; gender equality has its good and bad.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by benedictac(f): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2009
me i dont like the idea of a woman being a full time house wife oh. My immediate elder sister is presently going thru this and i can tell you it has been hell. That mean you have to depend on you husband for virtually everything and that isnt good at all.

Not that i also support women working all round the hours there are jobs or businesses she can do that will still give her time for her home front.

Pls let's be very carefull when dealing with our home front, coz bad home front results to bad society.
Re: Husbands Who Ask Their Wives To Resign Their Jobs by mamlaka(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with giving your home first priority, if your husband is ready to take care of you as a queen.

For the sake of the children, staying at home and raising your own children is the most wise thing a woman could do. No one could do better than you. Your children are your future. The success of a woman is not her career but her home.

When the children are grown you could decide to pursue your career or even let your husband open businesses for you. Otherwise, if your man is willing to take care of you thoroughly, why not enjoy life making your home. That's a superior responsibility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

60-yr-old Man Caught Making Love With 11-yr-old Girl (pics) / Your Career Or Home: Which Comes First? / How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.