Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 (769 Views)

Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home, You Are Forever Saved, Except (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Georgetlm2: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
ONE SAVE IS FOREVER SAVED

PLEASE START FROM THE PREVIOUS PART, ONE.

https://www.nairaland.com/5293182/pastor-george-oyoke-one-save#80125433

What if they hear the gospel and do not believe it.

If they were the elect, they have to believe the gospel; if they don’t, then they are not the elect—the elect must hear and believe the gospel, it may not happen the first time they heard the gospel but eventually they will believe and be saved.

]What about if the gospel doesn’t come to them?

If they are the elect and lived after the resurrection of Christ, God must surely make the gospel available to them, otherwise his foreknowledge is not to be taking seriously.

John 10:15-16
[15]As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16]And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

‘I must' is the cardinal word in the above Scripture; he must bring in his sheep, the elect. It doesn’t matter what it will take Christ to make it happen, that is what it takes to be a saviour.

Paul understood this and he wrote:

2 Timothy 2:10
[10]Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

In conclusion, it is clear that our salvation is completely free and does not need any support from us to perfect or sustain it.
Ephesians 2:8-9
[8]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Notwithstanding, I want us to know that there is different between salvation (righteousness)and godliness or right living. Every Christian has equal salvation (righteousness) but every Christian does not have equal godliness or right living.
The righteousness every Christian has is a gift of Jesus Christ's own righteousness which cannot be increased or decreased through actions or inactions; it’s either you have it or you don’t have it. No one can increase the very righteousness of Christ; if you do, then you would be more righteous than Jesus Christ, which is not possible. What every Christian is using is one size of righteousness, the righteousness of Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:17
[17]For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
1 Corinthians 1:29-30
[29]That no flesh should glory in his presence.
[30]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Fruits of righteousness or godliness is the outshining of our new nature or our new life in Christ Jesus. This godliness is not the fruits of our efforts or decision making; it is the manifestation of Christ through the Holy Spirit, overshadowing our outward nature and character. This manifestation increases as we grow or mature in Christ. It does not happen overnight; it takes time; it is a gradual process until it takes over our natural characters.

Jesus puts it this way:
Matthew 13:33
[33]Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

According to Jesus, the kingdom of God(the Seed of God in us)continues to overshadow our outward nature till our outward nature is totally engulfed by the God’s Seed in us.
1 John 3:9
[9]Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Philippians 1:9-11
[9]And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
[10]That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
[11]Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

In the new testament, contextually, there is no place the bible tells saints to become righteous, because they are already righteous and can not sin thus Paul tells them to be filled with the fruit of righteousness; he did not ask them to try and become righteous.

What is the different between a sinner and a righteous?

What people don’t know is that righteousness is not determined by your actions or inactions but by being born righteous. Before one can be righteous, he must be born again, and by being born again you have right standing with God.

To have right standing with God you must repent from dead works or services.

Hebrews 6:1
[1]Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

but before you can do that your heart must be washed with the blood of Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 9:13-14
[13]For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
[14]How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

When this happens, the bible describes it as been Baptist by one Spirit into one body (body of Jesus) and are made to drink into one Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:13
[13]For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When you have this experiences, it’s evidence that you’re in Christ, you are a new creature in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
[17]Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

What does being in Christ has to do with my doing a living work to God?

When you are not in Christ, you are dead as well as your works, and God will not receive your work for he is not the God of the dead but the living.

Matthew 22:32
[32]I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Because Adam died through disobedient, everyone who descended from him as the first man were/are born sinners and in sin.

Psalms 51:5
[5]Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Romans 3:23
[23]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Thus the only way to be righteous is to be covered with the Spirit of Christ that we may do services to God by the Spirit, without which our services are not living and can not be acceptable to God.

Even Jesus had to offer himself to God by the Holy Spirt if hadn’t he wouldn’t have been accepted of God.
Hebrews 9:14
[14]How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Jesus had to offer his blood to God through the eternal Spirit because that is the only way God can accept something from anybody.
When you do anything in the Holy Spirit, it is acceptable to God, and it cannot be sinful, no matter what it is.

Matthew 12:3-6
[3]But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
[4]How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
[5]Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
[6]But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Jesus was asking the Jews who accused him of breaking the law whether they have not read of David that went to the temple and ate the showbread which was unlawful for any person to eat but the priest and was sinless. Secondly, he narrated how the priests could profane the Sabbath and remain blameless because they were in the temple, in the presence of God. But he concluded by saying, ‘But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple'.

In other words, David was sinless, even though he broke the law, because he was anointed and couldn’t be an anointed sinner since the presence of God makes wrong right. Likewise, the priests profaned the Sabbath and remained sinless because they were in the temple of God, in the presence of God’s Spirit where sin cannot be found. Then Jesus took another step to shake their theology, he said: he, I Jesus, who is greater(more anointed than the temple)than the temple is here.

In essence, he was saying, if the less anointing of David and the temple could keep them faultless after breaking the law, then the greater anointing on him could do even better.

Read the account of Moses, the prophet:

Exodus 3:2-5
[2]And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
[3]And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
[4]And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
[5]And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

God called unto Moses out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
The question is, what made that mountain holy?
Nothing, the only change was the dissention of the presence of God on the mountain. The mountain was still the same but when the Spirit of the Lord dissended on it the mountain became holy and remains holy till this day.
What do you think the Holy Spirit came into our life to do?
The Holy Spirit came into our life to make us alive and keeps us alive, and to make us righteous and to keep us righteous and faultless. That’s why a Christian cannot sin.
Anybody who is in Christ cannot commit sin because he lives through Christ, he is covered with the Spirit of Christ hence cannot sin.
Romans 8:9
[9]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
The above scripture says we are in the Spirit.
Why are we in the Spirit?
1 John 4:9
[9]In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
We are in the Spirit(in Christ) that we might live through the Spirit (Christ). We are not exposed, we are enveloped in Christ that we may live, move and have our being in him.

Acts 17:28
[28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
If we are truly in Christ, we cannot offer a dead sacrifice or sin. Christ presents us perfect and unblamable in the presence of God the Father.
Colossians 1:21-22
[21]And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
[22]In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
[9]Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
We as saints of God cannot be imputed sin because of this special life and relationship we have with God in Christ Jesus.
Nevertheless, God wants our actions to reflect our inner beauty and perfection through the dominance of the seed of God in us. This dominance of the seed of God over our physical nature and body is what the bible calls fruits of righteousness. God has so designed us that when we work against our nature, it goes a long way to hamper our confidence and boldness in the presence of God emotionally. But God does not attribute sin to the saints because they live contrary to their nature since it’s a result of immaturity and not a sinful nature.
Just as a father would want his young kids to grow up and come to a place of responsibility, God desires that we grow up to the place we can manifest our divine nature instead of tagging us sinners or condemning us when we go off course.We are not trying to do good to be proved good or righteous, that has been acquired for us by God in Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:25-26
[25]Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
[26]To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words, it is an abomination to God when we set to acquire righteousness through works or actions, our righteousness is fully paid for in Christ Jesus.

One of the reasons God wants us to manifest our divinity(I prefer using manifest or manifesting our divine nature instead of using the word sinning or not sinning because a Christian cannot sin but may not be able to live out or manifest his divine nature or characters)is not so that God wouldn't be angry with us but so that we can achieve self-harmony, which is of top most important in our work in Christ. It is all about keeping clear conscience within oneself, not with God, for we have right-standing already with God.

Romans 13:5-6
[5]Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
[6]For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Paul admonishes the saints to avoid insubordination by paying their tribute; then he says, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

In other words, it's not all about avoiding punishment(from authorities)for your insubordination but also about having a good conscience(rightness within yourself, without which you cannot maintain your confidence/boldness before God)hence it is not about God it's about us.

The Bible teaches us to confess our sins that we might be forgiven, not because God wants to forgive us(for he has already forgiven us in Christ before we ever committed the sin) The doctrine of confession of sin helps babies in Christ, who have not yet had the full comprehension of the efficacy of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to maintain their boldness.

The Catholic got it right: the Catholic Church encourages their members to see the priests for confession, if you ask the priests they will tell you, not because the priests are there to forgive them their sins, rather they are there to help them accept the fact that their sins have already been forgiven them. To instill that believe in them, the priests, after the confession, would ask them to do what they call penance, based on how bad the member feels about what he has done, just to get them believe their sins are forgiven them.

Other Churches preaches that everyone can have his sins confessed to God and receive their forgiveness without anyone's help. But what they forget is that Christians do not need confession of sin for that keeps them conscious of sin. The remedy is not confession of sin but the knowledge that a Christian cannot sin and does not need any confession of sin.

In comparison, these two school of though are missing the Mark.

The first knows the truth but they are hiding something from the people. To them, they think if they tell the people straightaway, that God has already forgiven them in Christ, they would withdraw their allegiance and become self sufficient—but that is exactly why Jesus has come, to make us self-sufficient.

Others seem not to understand; they major on confession to God and receiving forgiveness from him. They haven’t yet understood the gospel of justification. They encourage their members to confess their sins and receive forgiveness but fail to understand that Christians do not need forgiveness of sin, since we cannot sin. what Christians need is the knowledge of their permanent righteousness that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 1:9
[9]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When Jesus ministered under the law, he said:

Matthew 6:12
[12]And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

But he also said:

Matthew 5:17-18
[17]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[18]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

(Read the Matthew 5:17-18 carefully. I don’t know why most of the people don’t understand this self-explained statement by Jesus)

If you understand the above scripture, you would know that Jesus came not to abolition the law without first having it fulfilled, for the law cannot pass away till it's fulfilled; then he said, I have come to fulfill it, that it might pass away, hence the law has passed away for Jesus has fulfilled it as he said.

How do we know that the law has been fulfilled and abolished?

WATCH OUT FOR NEXT PART!

*Pastor George Oyoke(Trumpet of Life Ministry International)*
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
No wonder many Pastors are committing adultery and fornication and believe that their anointing and grace covers them. This is a lie from the pit of hell.

Otherwise Apostle Paul would not say, ' But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.' (1st Corinthians 9:27).
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2019
TruthinAction:
No wonder many Pastors are committing adultery and fornication and believe that their anointing and grace covers them. This is a lie from the pit of hell.

Otherwise Apostle Paul would not say, ' But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.' (1st Corinthians 9:27).

That's how you will keep going from one place to another, condemning one doctrine after another if you're not ready to ascertain 'which group is really practicing Christianity?'

Jehovah's Witnesses have taken our stand and there's no group on this planet that can meet the high standard we've set, that's why after all of you have quarreled amongst yourselves, you'll look upon the highest mountain {the one and only true religion that's seen by everyone} and together you will start castigating us.
But we're not shakened, Jesus have told us what to expect from you people if we stand as one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 1714-16, 20-22 smiley
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Maximus69:

That's how you will keep going from one place to another, condemning one doctrine after another if you're not ready to ascertain 'which group is really practicing Christianity?'

Jehovah's Witnesses have taken our stand and there's no group on this planet that can meet the high standard we've set, that's why after all of you have quarreled amongst yourselves, you'll look upon the highest mountain {the one and only true religion that's seen by everyone} and together you will start castigating us.
But we're not shakened, Jesus have told us what to expect from you people if we stand as one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 1714-16, 20-22 smiley

It is better to be a pagan than to be a Jehovah witness because you turn the truth of God into a lie. You message is opposite to what the church of God believes.

1. You don't believe that salvation is by grace. You preach a work system to get saved. You don't work for your salvation. Work only has meaning after you are saved.

2. You don't even believe Jesus rose from the dead bodily. In an earlier explanation which has been reviewed, your organization said God must have melted his body with chemicals. When asked to explain how Thomas was able to touch him, you people said he materialized for that purpose. So Jesus is now a magician. Don't you see how stupid and foolish your explanation is.

3. You refute the existence of literal hell and use every possible means to say that hell is just a shallow grave. When Jesus repeatedly warned of the dangers of going to hell. In addition, there is the Lake of fire which you also claim is not literal. The devil that started this group must be suffering so much in hell for his false teachings.

4. You also don't believe in the rapture of the Church. That Jesus one day will come back and the dead in Christ will be raised and we will all be caught up. You refute this and even say that Jesus has already come.

5. You don't believe in the person of the Holy Spirit. You call him a force or wind. This is blasphemy that will never be forgiven.

6. You also said that God will not use what we do on earth today to judge us because as soon as we are dead, we are free from our sins. Then we should all live in sin and not even bother to serve God. You see how foolish this doctrine of your is?

7. You claim only 144,000 will make heaven. There are countless multitude that will make heaven. The Scripture gives evidence.

I could go on and on. You are agents of darkness and your punishment will be more severe for deliberately standing against the truth of God's word. Your compartment is waiting for you in the burning hell you don't believe exist unless you repent and embrace the gospel. Even deep within your conscience, you know you are twisting the Scripture just to maintain a preconceived opinion.

1 Like

Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

It is better to be a pagan than to be a Jehovah witness because you turn the truth of God into a lie. You message is opposite to what the church of God believes.

1. You don't believe that salvation is by grace. You preach a work system to get saved. You don't work for your salvation. Work only has meaning after you are saved.

2. You don't even believe Jesus rose from the dead bodily. In an earlier explanation which has been reviewed, your organization said God must have melted his body with chemicals. When asked to explain how Thomas was able to touch him, you people said he materialized for that purpose. So Jesus is now a magician. Don't you see how stupid and foolish your explanation is.

3. You refute the existence of literal hell and use every possible means to say that hell is just a shallow grave. When Jesus repeatedly warned of the dangers of going to hell. In addition, there is the Lake of fire which you also claim is not literal. The devil that started this group must be suffering so much in hell for his false teachings.

4. You also don't believe in the rapture of the Church. That Jesus one day will come back and the dead in Christ will be raised and we will all be caught up. You refute this and even say that Jesus has already come.

5. You don't believe in the person of the Holy Spirit. You call him a force or wind. This is blasphemy that will never be forgiven.

6. You also said that God will not use what we do on earth today to judge us because as soon as we are dead, we are free from our sins. Then we should all live in sin and not even bother to serve God. You see how foolish this doctrine of your is?

7. You claim only 144,000 will make heaven. There are countless multitude that will make heaven. The Scripture gives evidence.

I could go on and on. You are agents of darkness and your punishment will be more severe for deliberately standing against the truth of God's word. Your compartment is waiting for you in the burning hell you don't believe exist unless you repent and embrace the gospel. Even deep within your conscience, you know you are twisting the Scripture just to maintain a preconceived opinion.

Upon all these your THEORIES, all of you are divided in faith quarreling and dragging issues all the time over how to APPLY the THEORIES.
And by the end of the day there is no BENEFIT for all your worries, you remain like total strangers to one another!
Unlike JWs that have been able to become one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 17:20-23
Surely if you're not for Jesus, your folks can never Unite like a group under one shepherd! Luke 11:23 wink
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2019
Maximus69:

Upon all these your THEORIES, all of you are divided in faith quarreling and dragging issues all the time over how to APPLY the THEORIES.
And by the end of the day there is no BENEFIT for all your worries, you remain like total strangers to one another!
Unlike JWs that have been able to become one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers! John 17:20-23
Surely if you're not for Jesus, your folks can never Unite like a group under one shepherd! Luke 11:23 wink

If you are honest, take each point and refute my claims. You are united together for a destructive end. Curse be the man that started this evil sect. You have been brainwashed and can't think straight anymore even when clear evidences are presented to you. I feel so sorry because hell is waiting for you all.
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

If you are honest, take each point and refute my claims. You are united together for a destructive end. CURSE be the MAN that started this EVIL sect. You have been brainwashed and can't think straight anymore even when clear evidences are presented to you. I feel so sorry because hell is waiting for you all.

The man should be cursed, because he started an evil sect, yet you can't see any group that's united, orderly and well coordinated like this one elsewhere!
Haba, why not borrow from the words of Jesus nah?

He said 'you cannot gather grapes from thorns nor figs from thistles...... a good tree cannot bear routine fruits, neither can a routine tree bear good fruits' Matthew 7:16-18

So try find a BETTER PERFORMING group than Jehovah's Witnesses first before you think of CURSING the BLESSED servants of God! Genesis 12:3 wink
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
Georgetlm2:
ONE SAVE IS FOREVER SAVED

PLEASE START FROM THE PREVIOUS PART, ONE.

https://www.nairaland.com/5293182/pastor-george-oyoke-one-save#80125433

What if they hear the gospel and do not believe it.

If they were the elect, they have to believe the gospel; if they don’t, then they are not the elect—the elect must hear and believe the gospel, it may not happen the first time they heard the gospel but eventually they will believe and be saved.

]What about if the gospel doesn’t come to them?

If they are the elect and lived after the resurrection of Christ, God must surely make the gospel available to them, otherwise his foreknowledge is not to be taking seriously.

John 10:15-16
[15]As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16]And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

‘I must' is the cardinal word in the above Scripture; he must bring in his sheep, the elect. It doesn’t matter what it will take Christ to make it happen, that is what it takes to be a saviour.

Paul understood this and he wrote:

2 Timothy 2:10
[10]Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

In conclusion, it is clear that our salvation is completely free and does not need any support from us to perfect or sustain it.
Ephesians 2:8-9
[8]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Notwithstanding, I want us to know that there is different between salvation (righteousness)and godliness or right living. Every Christian has equal salvation (righteousness) but every Christian does not have equal godliness or right living.
The righteousness every Christian has is a gift of Jesus Christ's own righteousness which cannot be increased or decreased through actions or inactions; it’s either you have it or you don’t have it. No one can increase the very righteousness of Christ; if you do, then you would be more righteous than Jesus Christ, which is not possible. What every Christian is using is one size of righteousness, the righteousness of Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:17
[17]For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
1 Corinthians 1:29-30
[29]That no flesh should glory in his presence.
[30]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Fruits of righteousness or godliness is the outshining of our new nature or our new life in Christ Jesus. This godliness is not the fruits of our efforts or decision making; it is the manifestation of Christ through the Holy Spirit, overshadowing our outward nature and character. This manifestation increases as we grow or mature in Christ. It does not happen overnight; it takes time; it is a gradual process until it takes over our natural characters.

Jesus puts it this way:
Matthew 13:33
[33]Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

According to Jesus, the kingdom of God(the Seed of God in us)continues to overshadow our outward nature till our outward nature is totally engulfed by the God’s Seed in us.

Philippians 1:9-11
[9]And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
[10]That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
[11]Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

In the new testament, contextually, there is no place the bible tells saints to become righteous, because they are already righteous and can not sin thus Paul tells them to be filled with the fruit of righteousness; he did not ask them to try and become righteous.

What is the different between a sinner and a righteous?

What people don’t know is that righteousness is not determined by your actions or inactions but by being born righteous. Before one can be righteous, he must be born again, and by being born again you have right standing with God.

To have right standing with God you must repent from dead works or services.

Hebrews 6:1
[1]Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

but before you can do that your heart must be washed with the blood of Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 9:13-14
[13]For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

When this happens, the bible describes it as been Baptist by one Spirit into one body (body of Jesus) and are made to drink into one Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:13
[13]For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When you have this experiences, it’s evidence that you’re in Christ, you are a new creature in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
[17]Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

What does being in Christ has to do with my doing a living work to God?

When you are not in Christ, you are dead as well as your works, and God will not receive your work for he is not the God of the dead but the living.

Matthew 22:32
[32]I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Because Adam died through disobedient, everyone who descended from him as the first man were/are born sinners and in sin.

Psalms 51:5
[5]Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Romans 3:23
[23]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Thus the only way to be righteous is to be covered with the Spirit of Christ that we may do services to God by the Spirit, without which our services are not living and can not be acceptable to God.

Even Jesus had to offer himself to God by the Holy Spirt if hadn’t he wouldn’t have been accepted of God.
Hebrews 9:14

Jesus had to offer his blood to God through the eternal Spirit because that is the only way God can accept something from anybody.
When you do anything in the Holy Spirit, it is acceptable to God, and it cannot be sinful, no matter what it is.

Matthew 12:3-6
[3]But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
[4]How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
[5]Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
[6]But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Jesus was asking the Jews who accused him of breaking the law whether they have not read of David that went to the temple and ate the showbread which was unlawful for any person to eat but the priest and was sinless. Secondly, he narrated how the priests could profane the Sabbath and remain blameless because they were in the temple, in the presence of God. But he concluded by saying, ‘But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple'.

In other words, David was sinless, even though he broke the law, because he was anointed and couldn’t be an anointed sinner since the presence of God makes wrong right. Likewise, the priests profaned the Sabbath and remained sinless because they were in the temple of God, in the presence of God’s Spirit where sin cannot be found. Then Jesus took another step to shake their theology, he said: he, I Jesus, who is greater(more anointed than the temple)than the temple is here.

In essence, he was saying, if the less anointing of David and the temple could keep them faultless after breaking the law, then the greater anointing on him could do even better.

Read the account of Moses, the prophet:

Exodus 3:2-5
[2]And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
[3]And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
[4]And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
[5]And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

God called unto Moses out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
The question is, what made that mountain holy?
Nothing, the only change was the dissention of the presence of God on the mountain. The mountain was still the same but when the Spirit of the Lord dissended on it the mountain became holy and remains holy till this day.
What do you think the Holy Spirit came into our life to do?
The Holy Spirit came into our life to make us alive and keeps us alive, and to make us righteous and to keep us righteous and faultless. That’s why a Christian cannot sin.
Anybody who is in Christ cannot commit sin because he lives through Christ, he is covered with the Spirit of Christ hence cannot sin.
Romans 8:9
[9]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
The above scripture says we are in the Spirit.
Why are we in the Spirit?
1 John 4:9
[9]In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
We are in the Spirit(in Christ) that we might live through the Spirit (Christ). We are not exposed, we are enveloped in Christ that we may live, move and have our being in him.

Acts 17:28
[28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
If we are truly in Christ, we cannot offer a dead sacrifice or sin. Christ presents us perfect and unblamable in the presence of God the Father.
Colossians 1:21-22
[21]And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
[22]In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
We as saints of God cannot be imputed sin because of this special life and relationship we have with God in Christ Jesus.
Nevertheless, God wants our actions to reflect our inner beauty and perfection through the dominance of the seed of God in us. This dominance of the seed of God over our physical nature and body is what the bible calls fruits of righteousness. God has so designed us that when we work against our nature, it goes a long way to hamper our confidence and boldness in the presence of God emotionally. But God does not attribute sin to the saints because they live contrary to their nature since it’s a result of immaturity and not a sinful nature.
Just as a father would want his young kids to grow up and come to a place of responsibility, God desires that we grow up to the place we can manifest our divine nature instead of tagging us sinners or condemning us when we go off course.We are not trying to do good to be proved good or righteous, that has been acquired for us by God in Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:25-26
[25]Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
[26]To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words, it is an abomination to God when we set to acquire righteousness through works or actions, our righteousness is fully paid for in Christ Jesus.

One of the reasons God wants us to manifest our divinity(I prefer using manifest or manifesting our divine nature instead of using the word sinning or not sinning because a Christian cannot sin but may not be able to live out or manifest his divine nature or characters)is not so that God wouldn't be angry with us but so that we can achieve self-harmony, which is of top most important in our work in Christ. It is all about keeping clear conscience within oneself, not with God, for we have right-standing already with God.

Romans 13:5-6
[5]Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
[6]For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Paul admonishes the saints to avoid insubordination by paying their tribute; then he says, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

In other words, it's not all about avoiding punishment(from authorities)for your insubordination but also about having a good conscience(rightness within yourself, without which you cannot maintain your confidence/boldness before God)hence it is not about God it's about us.

The Bible teaches us to confess our sins that we might be forgiven, not because God wants to forgive us(for he has already forgiven us in Christ before we ever committed the sin) The doctrine of confession of sin helps babies in Christ, who have not yet had the full comprehension of the efficacy of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to maintain their boldness.

The Catholic got it right: the Catholic Church encourages their members to see the priests for confession, if you ask the priests they will tell you, not because the priests are there to forgive them their sins, rather they are there to help them accept the fact that their sins have already been forgiven them. To instill that believe in them, the priests, after the confession, would ask them to do what they call penance, based on how bad the member feels about what he has done, just to get them believe their sins are forgiven them.

Other Churches preaches that everyone can have his sins confessed to God and receive their forgiveness without anyone's help. But what they forget is that Christians do not need confession of sin for that keeps them conscious of sin. The remedy is not confession of sin but the knowledge that a Christian cannot sin and does not need any confession of sin.

In comparison, these two school of though are missing the Mark.

The first knows the truth but they are hiding something from the people. To them, they think if they tell the people straightaway, that God has already forgiven them in Christ, they would withdraw their allegiance and become self sufficient—but that is exactly why Jesus has come, to make us self-sufficient.

Others seem not to understand; they major on confession to God and receiving forgiveness from him. They haven’t yet understood the gospel of justification. They encourage their members to confess their sins and receive forgiveness but fail to understand that Christians do not need forgiveness of sin, since we cannot sin. what Christians need is the knowledge of their permanent righteousness that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 1:9
[9]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When Jesus ministered under the law, he said:

Matthew 6:12
[12]And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

But he also said:

Matthew 5:17-18
[17]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[18]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

(Read the Matthew 5:17-18 carefully. I don’t know why most of the people don’t understand this self-explained statement by Jesus)

If you understand the above scripture, you would know that Jesus came not to abolition the law without first having it fulfilled, for the law cannot pass away till it's fulfilled; then he said, I have come to fulfill it, that it might pass away, hence the law has passed away for Jesus has fulfilled it as he said.

How do we know that the law has been fulfilled and abolished?

WATCH OUT FOR NEXT PART!

*Pastor George Oyoke(Trumpet of Life Ministry International)*

wrong the says we should confess our sins not only to God but to one another and to brush them under the carpet.
So many anrichristian teachings these days.
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by alBHAGDADI: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Maximus69:

This one is here with his rubbish talk... the group, the group, the only group. grin

I think you are evangelizing on social media. Yet you and Tatime will say such should not be done except face to face.

Oya tell me about the only Christian group who believes Jesus was just a mere angel who did t resurrect
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This one is here with his rubbish talk... the group, the group, the only group. grin

I think you are evangelizing on social media. Yet you and Tatime will say such should not be done except face to face.

Oya tell me about the only Christian group who believes Jesus was just a mere angel who did t resurrect

I'm still scared of been banned Sir! embarassed

Please promise me that you will not report me so that a ban is imposed on me Sir? wink
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If you hate hearing about the one and only group, then you should warmly welcome bitter arguments resulting from diversity in the teachings.

So keep enjoying the fruitage of conflicting doctrines as you and your folks argue endlessly on sacred matters, please forget about JWs who think there should be one single group! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
Maximus69:

The man should be cursed, because he started an evil sect, yet you can't see any group that's united, orderly and well coordinated like this one elsewhere!
Haba, why not borrow from the words of Jesus nah?

He said 'you cannot gather grapes from thorns nor figs from thistles...... a good tree cannot bear routine fruits, neither can a routine tree bear good fruits' Matthew 7:16-18

So try find a BETTER PERFORMING group than Jehovah's Witnesses first before you think of CURSING the BLESSED servants of God! Genesis 12:3 wink

Thank God you called it a group and not a church. There are many evil groups that are equally coordinated in their activities and doesn't make what they do right. Even the Church of Satan is well organized. That does not point to them doing God's work. So please save yourself from this evil sect. Eternity in a burning fire is not going to be funny. You will curse the day you joined this group when you find yourself there.
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
Maximus69:

One global family indeed, deceiving and brainwashing gullible souls.
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
TruthinAction:

One global family indeed, deceiving and brainwashing gullible souls.

Satan's group are surely coordinated and well organised but not for PEACE because their god is NOT interested in peace! Jesus is the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} that's why we who are following him in reality can form one happy global family {John 17:20-23} Jesus said with man this is impossible but with the one and only true God all things are possible! Mark 9:23

Just quote anywhere in the Bible that says Satan's agents can organise people from divers cultures, nationalites and ethnicity to form a peace-loving group! cheesy

I've quoted Jesus' words for you pointing to unity and peace as the ONLY sign to recognise God's people in the end time! cheesy

My friend , the Hell Fire idea is just to keep you silent so that you won't see anything apart from the fruitless hypocritical worship of the Churches, they only load your head with futility. Just see yourself arguing blindly without any reasonable point, do you think this is how Jesus and the first century Christians preached to convince people? cheesy

For your information Mr Hellfire, God's word is powerful enough to reach hearts, NOT just threatened people with torment simply because you've got nothing worthwhile to say! Hebrews 4:12 cheesy
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by TruthinAction: 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Maximus69:

Satan's group are surely coordinated and well organised but not for PEACE because their god is NOT interested in peace! Jesus is the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} that's why we who are following him in reality can form one happy global family {John 17:20-23} Jesus said with man this is impossible but with the one and only true God all things are possible! Mark 9:23

Just quote anywhere in the Bible that says Satan's agents can organise people from divers cultures, nationalites and ethnicity to form a peace-loving group! cheesy

I've quoted Jesus' words for you pointing to unity and peace as the ONLY sign to recognise God's people in the end time! cheesy

My friend , the Hell Fire idea is just to keep you silent so that you won't see anything apart from the fruitless hypocritical worship of the Churches, they only load your head with futility. Just see yourself arguing blindly without any reasonable point, do you think this is how Jesus and the first century Christians preached to convince people? cheesy

For your information Mr Hellfire, God's word is powerful enough to reach hearts, NOT just threatened people with torment simply because you've got nothing worthwhile to say! Hebrews 4:12 cheesy

Apostle Paul said that we should not be surprised to see ministers of Satan disguising as angels of light. That is what Jehovah witness stands for. They are actually working for the devil but they pretend they are doing God service. Otherwise why would you

1. Deny the bodily resurrection of Christ.
2. You don't believe he is coming back to take the Saints home. In fact, you claim he has already come.
3. You don't believe in the person of the Holy Spirit. You call him a wind or force.
4. You also said that God will not use what we do on earth to judge us. Because as soon as we die, our sins are cleansed.
5. You also said that hell as a place of torment does not exist. When the teachings of Jesus states otherwise.

I could go on and on. You preaching is just opposite of the truth. That makes you an anti Christ. Only ignorant souls will fall for you. Otherwise address each point I raised and try to deny them or affirm that this is indeed your stand. And I will show you several Scripture that contradict your teachings.
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

Apostle Paul said that we should not be surprised to see ministers of Satan disguising as angels of light. That is what Jehovah witness stands for. They are actually working for the devil but they pretend they are doing God service. Otherwise why would you

1. Deny the bodily resurrection of Christ.
2. You don't believe he is coming back to take the Saints home. In fact, you claim he has already come.
3. You don't believe in the person of the Holy Spirit. You call him a wind or force.
4. You also said that God will not use what we do on earth to judge us. Because as soon as we die, our sins are cleansed.
5. You also said that hell as a place of torment does not exist. When the teachings of Jesus states otherwise.

I could go on and on. You preaching is just opposite of the truth. That makes you an anti Christ. Only ignorant souls will fall for you. Otherwise address each point I raised and try to deny them or affirm that this is indeed your stand. And I will show you several Scripture that contradict your teachings.

What has all these got to do for you, if those adhering to these teachings of yours are scattered due to RACISM and POLITICS? cheesy

My friend, Jesus never said 'by their teachings' but 'by their fruit' Matthew 7:15-20

Because Jesus knows perfectly that Satan is an evil genius who can polish falsehood and make it sound real. But there is just one thing Satan can't do, he can never PRODUCE THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT! Galatians 5:22-23

So if with all these teachings after almost two thousand years Christendom can't form a happy global family of peace-loving worshippers, then it simply means your teachings are not founded on the truth!

It's clear and evident that all your teachings and doctrines are bringing reproach on the name of God whom Jesus prayed that his name should be sanctified {Hallowed} Matthew 6:9

The one and only organization whose teachings and activities is glorifying God are Jehovah's Witnesses! John 15:8

So you can cry from today till tomorrow, but know that your faith which produces no fine works is DEAD! James 2:18-26 cheesy
Re: Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2 by Georgetlm2: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2019
You people have turn this teaching into a fight between one region and another. Please give your contributions or comments, instead of fight.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Bolaji O. Akinyemi Unveils 'The Spirit Of Lagos' To CAN And PFN Nigeria / Whats Your Say On Reincarnation? / Let Her Breast Satisfy You - Proverb 5:19; What Does The Bible Really Say Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.