Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates (46821 Views)

Fake Degrees: NYSC Withholds Certificates Of Foreign-trained Graduates / Eight Foreign-trained Graduates Barred By NYSC Over Inability To Defend Degrees / Physical Verification Slip For Foreign Trained Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Smartwave: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
New sheriff in town grin grin grin grin grin sharp sharp degree grin grin grin grin. Schooling in Benin?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Ajibade123(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
This Nigeria self which one is educational discrimination again

check out how you can raise your GPA in one semester https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-your-gpa-in-one-semester/
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
loyedammy:

you guys are funny lots sha....how can nuc accredit a school in another country , if they feel they are buying certificate there let them liaise with Benin to know if the school is accredited and contact the school to know if the student used the required amount of time in that school.

All I'm just saying in essence is that any qualification brought into the country from another developing or undeveloped country must meet national standards...
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Alanpoza007: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
madgoat:

OMG, you are really serious shocked
Chai... Ignorance is a bad disease. Oga go and learn if you must know and stop making your ignorance look more silly than it already is.
Please educate me on how June 5 to May 4 is a year and please do so with valid reference(s).I'm willing to learn cos you're sounding so sure of what you're saying even proclaiming me to be ignorant. I'm speaking as a scientist and mathematically/ geographically/scientifically, a year is 365/366 days but June 5 to May 4 is 334/335 days.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Alanpoza007: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Novartis:
NYSC Discriminates Benin Trained Graduates & Refuses To Issue Their Certificates

After one year of rigorous service, my sister a 2018 batch B, Stream 2 Corp member was not issued her certificate because she schooled in Benin Republic.

This is so sad

Why the discrimination ?

And please what is the solution to help her get her certificate. She has been crying since yesterday.

NYSC is claiming that they got information that students from Benin Republic universities did not pass through the four walls of universities and all bought their degrees. I doubt this is true, but then, how can they (NYSC) judge thousands of students who schooled in Benin Republic because of the misdeeds of a few bad eggs.

I know nothing about the buying and selling of degree certificates in Benin Republic, but what I am very sure about is that my sister went to school and have studied seriously from year 1 to her final year, with me remitting her school fees, not even to her but directly to the bank account of her institution.

Why is NYSC now causing her pains by withholding her certificate and that of thousand other foreign students after waisting one year of National service. This is not fair! Please give us advice and help us create awareness.

Mods Front Page please

People have been asking for the name of the University your sister graduated from, so they could help with an info or two that might help but I can see you're purposely ignoring that. That in itself is suspect.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Alanpoza007:

People have been asking for the name of the University your sister graduated from, so they could help with an info or two that might help but I can see you're purposely ignoring that. That in itself is suspect.
She schooled in Houdegbe North American University Benin (HNAUB)
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by sakssey23: 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
I think what might eventually happen would be that the Ministry of Education, MOE (Nigeria) and NYSC would have to work together to see how this issue would be addressed. NUC can't accredit the University system in other Countries but can serve as a stakeholder in Nigeria to help in advising NYSC / MOE. Eventually, the MOE would likely evaluate the transcripts of these students from their respective foreign schools before NYSC issues their discharge certificate(s)
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Modupetemmy1(f): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by yakbauer: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
I was about to say same before I read your post, make this OP calm down I'm optimistic NYSC will sieve the genuine from fake certificates

iboboyswag:
The honest truth is that most Benin graduates in recent times purchased their certificates. I know of a school in Benin and not the only one that would issue you a degree in 9months... Two of their "supposed graduates" well known to me are currently serving.

I doubt they would be issued discharge certificates...
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by NnwachukuOkike: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
[/s]

Ipob Abattoir thanks for your contributions but you are not welcome here.

I suggest you go lick Kanu's ass just like you enjoy doing.

MORAFUCKER

Black Nigerian baboon, continue to licking Fulani herdsmen terrorist and cows ass.

I go mess up your baboon face today.

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by prophetic69(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Novartis:
That's the school I attended and they have no issues at all, two things possibly could have happen, 1. Maybe she changed to another school without ur knowledge 2. She didn't do her clearance cause that's what most students do instead of paying off their school debt they would rather pay a fraction to get their cert through back door without the school knowledge, that one is very common and when it comes to send your file to MOE in Nigeria for evaluation your name will not be on the list cause the school don't know about your runs.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Angelshakira(f): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
ECOTEZ, LCS, ADONAI, ISFOB and Houdegbe North American University in Benin Republic were discussed and indicted at the NYSC meeting held in Abuja. So, those universities above should be careful.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by prophetic69(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Novartis:
either you or ur sis know the runs wey una play I guess is judgement day now cause that school done almost run down because of this kind of runs...if una hands dey clean see what I did B4 my service that year...

1 Share

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by prophetic69(m): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Angelshakira:
ECOTEZ, LCS, ADONAI, ISFOB and Houdegbe North American University in Benin Republic were discussed and indicted at the NYSC meeting held in Abuja. So, those universities above should be careful.
You they the meeting?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Angelshakira:

So the above listed schools are the ones doing the certificate racketeering?

So that means other schools are safe right ?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Tecno66: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Novartis:
NYSC Discriminates Benin Trained Graduates & Refuses To Issue Their Certificates

After one year of rigorous service, my sister a 2018 batch B, Stream 2 Corp member was not issued her certificate because she schooled in Benin Republic.

This is so sad

Why the discrimination ?

And please what is the solution to help her get her certificate. She has been crying since yesterday.

NYSC is claiming that they got information that students from Benin Republic universities did not pass through the four walls of universities and all bought their degrees. I doubt this is true, but then, how can they (NYSC) judge thousands of students who schooled in Benin Republic because of the misdeeds of a few bad eggs.

I know nothing about the buying and selling of degree certificates in Benin Republic, but what I am very sure about is that my sister went to school and have studied seriously from year 1 to her final year, with me remitting her school fees, not even to her but directly to the bank account of her institution.

Why is NYSC now causing her pains by withholding her certificate and that of thousand other foreign students after waisting one year of National service. This is not fair! Please give us advice and help us create awareness.

Mods Front Page please

That's not even the duty of NYSC. It's that of the Federal ministry of Education to evaluate foreign degrees to ascertain if they meet the required standards. So what I think they may have done is to send those certificates to the appropriate body for evaluation. In fairness to them, they may have observed something. The question is why are certificates from other francophone countries like Cameron and Togo not being questioned?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by bbluez: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by smeag0l(m): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
Companies don't need to ban or blacklist them. They can't compete with Nigerian uni grads for the limited jobs available in Nigeria so why should companies be bothered?
osazsky:
all those Benin sch would soon b blacklisted by most companies in nig, banks,civil service ,I doubt if he would b able to use it to get something good.there are some schs that give out cert after 6 months,Africa na wah o
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by iamharkinwaley: 8:05am On Jul 29, 2019
Angelshakira:

I sent you a pm, please treat as urgent thanks.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by bbluez: 10:10am On Jul 29, 2019
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
My advise to your sister and her colleagues who are victims of this injustice is to get organized and bring a class action suit against NYSC. If NYSC is of the belief that purported graduates of Benin Republic universities actually bought their degrees, they should not have invited or accepted them into the NYSC scheme. The onus should be on them to prove their allegation if it's actually true, but to make a disparaging blanket statement like that without any evidence to back up such makes a mockery of fair play and justice. Nigerians should learn to use the court system not just prayers as one commentator alluded to to address some of these illegal behaviors by governmental agencies.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by DBestDoc(f): 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
How can your sister even choose Benin Republic?
Of all countries in the world, na Benin Republic?

The world is moving forward and you people decided to move 50 years backwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Dreydoe(m): 6:49am On Jul 30, 2019
Novartis:
If she schooled in HNAUB located in benin Republic, she will be given her cert but if its ( HNAUB campuses) located in Nigeria that one is not recognized by NUC

Even the Hnaub in Benin are not affiliated with HNAUB campuses in Nigeria etall.

Those ones are scams
Hnaub located in Benin republic is legit and Recognized by NUC!
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by ignitewatch(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
DAT place, even Lagos agberos can become graduates.
250k-500k
Sharp sharp. You get yours.
Nonsense
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by iamharkinwaley: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Angelshakira:

Hi Morning,

Any update yet?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by sirqeeboi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2019
Legendguy:
That was how a close frnd of mine attended sch in Benin. I got admission into a fed uni in 2013. I had this frnd of mine who dropped out of uniabuja due to accreditation issues, I don't know how true because lies never cease to proceed from his mouth. From 2013 I loss contact with him and we did not communicate for like 3 yrs, not until 2016 when I was in my yr 3 jeje someone message me on WhatsApp. I saw his profile picture with nysc clothes, I could not recognized the person and I ask who is he, he now reveal himself as my old frnd. I was shocked, someone that I left at home is serving before me
When I rounded up my program in 2018 I pay him a visit and our long discussion he told me that he was studying computer sci at university of abuja but he withdrew from the department because accreditation issues from NUC, this before I knew him, he said he now went and collect his transcript and went to Benin to complete the course, starting from yr 2. I don't know how true is this because the guy can lie for Africa. I just got mobilized for NYSC this yr and the guy was done with service in 2017. When I visited him last yr, he was still dependent on his brother, squatting with people and without any job
Those schools are not helping a lot, they tend to add to the problems of unemployment. I know many of then that finish from all these container schools in Benin, Ghana, Togo that are still jobless, and still depending on parents. They are not enterprise, no street smart, neither do they have survival instinct, that's why when the graduated, they are hopeless and jobless and then result to crime like drugs, armrobbery and prostitution. When I was in my fed uni, I hustle and did business both on and off campus, and I was certain that when I will be graduating life will not be hard for me because I have face it squarely, it took me 4 yes to get to fed uni, when all my sec sch mate were going through short cut to container school. I can beat my chest that non of them can talk nor stand where I am cos whr my left foot have gone, their two legs have not step there

Using fours year in tertiary institution IS only and mustly done in nigeria..most countries spend less....so dont justify ur point with the number of years u used or we used learning trash and out dated rubish in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by sirqeeboi(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
Saying that a benin graduate can not speak and write.
is a shame to us cause they spent their primary and secondary school in nigeria..and sat for waec or either neco before proceeding there..how was the certificate issued to them when they did not merit it..?
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by iamharkinwaley: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2019
I'm aware a meeting will hold today.
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Swizz1: 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
[quote author=iamharkinwaley post=80829842]I'm aware a meeting will held today.[/quoted

is this past tense abi present tense

1 Like

Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Thisisallme(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Lord of mercy grin
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by Thisisallme(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
]I'm aware a meeting will held today.[/quote]

Lord of mercy grin
Re: NYSC Discriminates Against Benin Republic Trained Graduates by iamharkinwaley: 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
Update ! Update !! Update !!!

So my lovely sis went to Abuja yesterday for the cert, Glory be to God after the stress and exercise her cert was issued to her today... So happy for her.

For those that haven't gotten theirs, don't lose hope yet. Get prepared for some test, find your way to Abuja and God willing, God grace your cert will be issued to you.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corper Protects Herself From Mosquitoes At Niger State NYSC Camp (Photo) / Photos: Soldiers Strip Corpers Naked At Rivers NYSC Camp? / Photos Of Akwa-Ibom Corper Who Fainted & Died On The Football Pitch (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.