Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time (47948 Views)

Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album / Beyonce The Lion King: The Gift Album Is Out! - Stream And Download On Itunes / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
SirLakes:

She can't remain at the peak of her musical career for ever nah.... It is an experred sumtin
all she was trying to do was target the Nigerian fan base with her below average album . the shit that the west is tired of is now being package to us

3 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by MobilityExpress: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
Wawu grin

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by anambraamaka: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
The Album no sweet

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Beverlyjean(f): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
nairamaniac:

Pink is better than both. Comparing albums vs albums.

Trust me.

I agree with you

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by TamiOkoroDedeh(f): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Beyonce is overhyped... Rihanna has better songs
Nah. I've seen Rihanna perform live, she's not that good.

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Elemosho478: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
MOVIC6:
Brown skin trash

Bill board Ranked Brown Skin Girl the best track on the Album

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Elemosho478: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Beyonce is overhyped... Rihanna has better songs

Beyonce is not over hype

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by biggie73(m): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Musicians are seasonal in nature. They come and go. They never reign for long.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:

To be fair though she doesn't really need to resurrect her career, she and her husband's net worth is over $1billion.
most time these net worth don't actually tell the real story. everyone need cash. they have to work hard to stay at the top or will fall down due to tax and other bills.
they are targeting the African fan base because they need another market to maintain their present status

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by gr8child(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
It was trash.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Kingosytex(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
sKeetz:

Haters have arrived grin
He isn't hating, he said the truth

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Josskute(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
finesounds01:
Beyoncé has sold 289+ million records, has 10 number 1s, 26 top 10s, grossed over 1 BILLION on tour & 1 billion movie gross, 23 GRAMMYs, 24 VMAs, iconic performances, looks, videos AND she's been consistent for 22 years.

Beyoncé doesn't have shit to prove to anyone anymore.
Nobody says she has anything to prove. Album is a flop, end of story.

6 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by mrMeen(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:
No hates whatsoever for queen b, but I feel the album is overrated.

I understand the fact that she was actually trying to be unpredictable and diverse but the idea of bringing Nigerians (mostly noisemakers e.g. Yemi alade,burna boy,tiwa savage) doesn't make sense imagine shatta wale too and the kind of shitty verse they all offered. I'm a big fan of burna but emotions and sentiments aside that his own song on the album is crap. Wizkid did his thing as usual-kudos to him. I actually feel Nigerian music market can't go well with that of Americans.

She would have done well if she merged African/Nigerian type of hip with the Americans.....or at least gave Mr eazi, burna,tiwa,yemi etc, enough time to prepare something reasonable, or at least help them it writing, since I'm sure they would allow more reasonable people writing for them.

If you want to rate your craft, listen to the level of acceptance from the Briton, but for Americans, they can vibe to anything regardless of how it sounds or looks, that's why you see people like wu tang, the guy j.cole wrote 1985 to(can't remember his name) and other wacky mumble rappers have mad fans and sold out concerts. Americans accept any rubbish you sell to them but Briton don't.

In doubt? Listen to U.K. Countdowns or their main stream songs and be glad you did.
swear down if I want to listen to good music I go to the British top ten na madt tracks dey there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nextstep(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
My only fear is that if people associate the flop with Afro{beats/pop/house}, it will slow adoption and future collaborations.

8 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by wman(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:

I understand the fact that she was actually trying to be unpredictable and diverse but the idea of bringing Nigerians (mostly noisemakers e.g. Yemi alade,burna boy,tiwa savage) doesn't make sense imagine shatta wale too and the kind of shitty verse they all offered. I'm a big fan of burna but emotions and sentiments aside that his own song on the album is crap. Wizkid did his thing as usual-kudos to him. I actually feel Nigerian music market can't go well with that of Americans.

She would have done well if she merged African/Nigerian type of hip with the Americans.....or at least gave Mr eazi, burna,tiwa,yemi etc, enough time to prepare something reasonable, or at least help them it writing, since I'm sure they would allow more reasonable people writing for them.

If you want to rate your craft, listen to the level of acceptance from the Briton, but for Americans, they can vibe to anything regardless of how it sounds or looks, that's why you see people like wu tang, the guy j.cole wrote 1985 to(can't remember his name) and other wacky mumble rappers have mad fans and sold out concerts. Americans accept any rubbish you sell to them but Briton don't.

In doubt? Listen to U.K. Countdowns or their main stream songs and be glad you did.

God bless you Bro. I only listen to the UK Top 40 Charts instead of the American Billboard Hot 100.

Much better song collection as opposed to some wack mumble rappers repeating nonsense.

You'll also discover lots of underrated musicians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Dannieln1:
She clearly stated that it's a letter to Africa not America Nor Europe
Yeah....
It's for Africa but Africans don't have time to stream or download any album bcoz it wont bring money ....
So Beyonce we dont need songs,we only need money

3 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by mrMeen(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
nairamaniac:

Pink is better than both. Comparing albums vs albums.

Trust me.
word
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Kingsley10000: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Rubbish music...
I can't even listen to that shit...
I hate Nigerian songs
*spits*

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Delaw00(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Choiii lock up wey commot yesterday self don get over 500 downloads

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
u are whack... and its not a song mofo, its an album featuring burna boy, wizkid, mr eazi, tiwa and other dope African talents
fowlyansh181:
whole song was whack
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
emryzwizzy:
PiggyVest helps you achieve financial freedom by enabling you save responsibly and invest on the go.
Earn 10% - 13% interests on savings.
Earn over 25% return on investments

NO deposit fees. NO withdrawal fees* NO monthly fees. Bank-level Security. Professionally Designed. Better Articulation. 247 Customer support. Showcase your Strengths. Services: Save, Invest, Be Free.

You can start saving with as low as #100

https://piggyvest.com/l/8e54f3d
have been using this Piggvest for almost a year now, i safe daily. Do you know how reliable they are? Because the money is becoming huge and i don't want problem when it is time to cash it out.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
finesounds01:
Google is your friend mumu
You are the real mumu here but i am not going to tell u why.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Mikeparlo12(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
There was nothing spectacular about the movie... at least they should have at least put some extra clips.., too dry a movie.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by jaxxy(m): 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Yh agree she put every Tom, dick and Harry on that album. No Kanye or usher who can add African bt mainstream appeal in my personal opinion. She probably wanted a black panther moment or vibe in her album bt not sure its got that yet.

Then I wud say the British are snubish to music from other regions (just like the Us used to be) unless Ure outstanding or similar genre popish bt that doesn’t mean they make good or world class music like before. They have good ears for music tho.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
When you get to the top, you got no where to go than to head south. Nothing lasts forever
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by sssoulw(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
I swear to God,.... Rubbish people
roca47:
the british are just tasteless and stupid
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by sssoulw(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kingsley10000:
Rubbish music...

I can't even listen to that shit...

I hate Nigerian songs

*spits*
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by igwefivestar(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by babakb: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
The Album is WHACK, even the Brown Skin Nonsense is whack

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by kygo(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Guy! you rated Burna's song on that album wack? wow! it's the only song that has a direct message on the movie... Even rate Wizkid higher.. wawu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Portable Reacts As Burna Boy Reveals Desire To Use His Picture As Album Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.