Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time (47949 Views)

Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album / Beyonce The Lion King: The Gift Album Is Out! - Stream And Download On Itunes / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by McRhymesman: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
whom do we blame now...

hyping too much seff
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nonye6194: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kingkun69:
but the rating flopped which was expected

Isn't it obvious that the UK dont fancy Beyonce music ?

The album isnt doing well

Her previous shows hasn't either.

Previous albums dont really do that well.

But it's the same for someone as Elton John who is British. You don't expect his album to chart in the US as it would in the Great Britain
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by kadiri3(m): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
GUY IS ONLY HER HUSBAND IS $1BILLION SHE DIDNT REACH $500M
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Shadbay(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Greatzeus:

I agree with you about Americans accepting crap music, especially rappers. Outcast once had highest selling rap album in a year like that. Winning lots of awards. They have good music,but as rappers outcast is wack. It's even worse now,geez. I thank God I fell in love with rap in the 90s,I heard good rap music and great albums. I shake my head to these crap they throw around today.
You mentioned Wu Tang and Jcole while talking about wacky,I don't get your message,can you please restate the point you want to make.
Wutang and Jcole mumble rappers? I give you opportunity of doubt that I don't understand what you meant.

Hollup! Did you just classify "Outkast" as wack rappers?! Please how did you arrive at this outrageous conclusion? Are you aware that most of your favourite rappers rank Andre 3stacks amongst their top 5 rappers of all time. Bigboi can hold his own too. So I don't understand your submission.

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by wman(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
KingOfAmebo:

So when has the Brits decided who rules the musical world? Nonsense writup from you dude.

Little wonder Brits can't sing to save their life.

Warning: Don't ever compare America and Britain musically.

Last bullet: Don't ever compare the American music audience with the British musical audience. If the Americans accept your music then you are really good, can't say much for the British audience cuz they can't sing.

You start by asking yourself how many world superstars Britain has produced compared to America.

Anytime British singer Adele is nominated for a Grammy along with Beyonce, Beyonce concedes immediately cos she knows Adele is getting it.

Adele has trounced her in the same category more than one.

The Beatles The Rolling Stones and Queen are the greatest bands of all time and they are British.

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by successfulhadi22(f): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Beyonce is overhyped... Rihanna has better songs
swears all rihanna's song are dope
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by babakb: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
Graduateacher:

Have you heard "Spirit" and "Jara"?

Supposing Beyonce was going through comments here, what will her impression of Nigerians be? I'm hoping the negative comments I'm reading are from other African countries who are jealous of Nigerians but if these comments are actually from our citizens then I must confess, we have a lot of f.ools living in our midst

You are also Wack, who cares about Beyonce's impression.

You and Beyonce can fvck off.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nairamaniac: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
kayo80:

"Momma please stop crying, I can't stand the sound...

Just thinking of that song touched me deep down in my soul. Beyonce might have catchy songs, but damn, Pink's music touches your soul.

Walai!!!!

Pink is just amazing.

So underated.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by yoged(m): 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
grossintel:
I don't even like the song.
all the songs are trash. .
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nairamaniac: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
kayo80:

WORD! I have been a Pink fan since her Can't Take Me Home album. My favorite album from her still is Missundazstood (2001). Damn! That album is something else. And it was a commercial success too...12 million copies sold worldwide. My second favorite album fro, her is her 2006 album, I'm Not Dead.

I still got all her albums, CD's. Iv had missundazstood for like 15years now.

But second favourite best just gotta be between THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE and IM NOT DEAD.

Truth about luv with TRY and Give me one good reason can match best pairs of songs in most Beyonce and Rihanna albums.
AS per best 2 vs best 2.

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by yoged(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:
No hates whatsoever for queen b, but I feel the album is overrated.

I understand the fact that she was actually trying to be unpredictable and diverse but the idea of bringing Nigerians (mostly noisemakers e.g. Yemi alade,burna boy,tiwa savage) doesn't make sense imagine shatta wale too and the kind of shitty verse they all offered. I'm a big fan of burna but emotions and sentiments aside that his own song on the album is crap. Wizkid did his thing as usual-kudos to him. I actually feel Nigerian music market can't go well with that of Americans.

She would have done well if she merged African/Nigerian type of hip with the Americans.....or at least gave Mr eazi, burna,tiwa,yemi etc, enough time to prepare something reasonable, or at least help them in writing, since I'm sure they wouldn't allow more reasonable people to do the writing for them.

If you want to rate your craft, listen to the level of acceptance from the Briton, but for Americans, they can vibe to anything regardless of how it sounds or looks, that's why you see people like wu tang, the guy j.cole wrote 1985 to(can't remember his name) and other wacky mumble rappers have mad fans and sold out concerts. Americans accept any rubbish you sell to them but Briton don't.

In doubt? Listen to U.K. Countdowns or their main stream songs and be glad you did.
I agree with you. Look at the likes of lighthouse family, any Winehouse, cold play and Co

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Abudu2000(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
anyimontana:
Lol
Davido right now.

Irony of life,everytin that has a beginning,surely have an end.

Leave the industry wen the ovation is loudest .

Most of this old u.s artists don't sale close to what our top arts sell lately.

Naija na the new ground
you are right. Thats what dr dre did and it worked well for him. He kept his fans on anticipation for detox album and till 18years it never dropped. His download sales alone still gross millions. Jayz made forbe hype him as a billion dollar rapper all to boost lion king sales but still it faled
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by anyimontana(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
Abudu2000:
you are right. Thats what dr dre did and it worked well for him. He kept his fans on anticipation for detox album and till 18years it never dropped. His download sales alone still gross millions. Jayz made forbe hype him as a billion dollar rapper all to boost lion king sales but still it faled
sense is what u have�
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nairamaniac: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
sssoulw:
Do you know what you are saying

Just a simple question I WD ask u, it's a straight yes or know answer.

Have u purchased, played (over months) and listened(deeply) to like 2 or 3 Pink's Full Albums?

Do that, then come back and open a thread here on nairaland, telling us your experience and assessment.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by MarieSucre(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
IamSoProlific:

I understand the fact that she was actually trying to be unpredictable and diverse but the idea of bringing Nigerians (mostly noisemakers e.g. Yemi alade,burna boy,tiwa savage) doesn't make sense imagine shatta wale too and the kind of shitty verse they all offered. I'm a big fan of burna but emotions and sentiments aside that his own song on the album is crap. Wizkid did his thing as usual-kudos to him. I actually feel Nigerian music market can't go well with that of Americans.

She would have done well if she merged African/Nigerian type of hip with the Americans.....or at least gave Mr eazi, burna,tiwa,yemi etc, enough time to prepare something reasonable, or at least help them in writing, since I'm sure they wouldn't allow more reasonable people to do the writing for them.

If you want to rate your craft, listen to the level of acceptance from the Briton, but for Americans, they can vibe to anything regardless of how it sounds or looks, that's why you see people like wu tang, the guy j.cole wrote 1985 to(can't remember his name) and other wacky mumble rappers have mad fans and sold out concerts. Americans accept any rubbish you sell to them but Briton don't.

In doubt? Listen to U.K. Countdowns or their main stream songs and be glad you did.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I did not feel any type of special vibes with Burna Boy's songs on the album. I guess some other people liked it and that's okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by ernieboy(m): 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beverlyjean:
I tell u.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by ernieboy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
DimIsaac10:
Instead make she feature Davido/ASA/2 Face/Dbanj she go dey feature Techno and co.
especially ASA and 2 face
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by IamSoProlific: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
kayo80:

His name is Lil Pump.

By the way how can you call Wu Tang wack? How can a Hip Hop head listen to 36 Chambers and call Wu wack. SMH!

Bro, I'm a dopehead not just a hip hop head.
WU might represent the rap culture and what it entails, but they lack hip hop relevancy.

Just so you know, are you aware that there are broad difference between rap and hip hop?

I drew my stance from those key factor. Make your findings in reference to those days music and never with what we have now, although nowadays music tends to still prevail seemingly
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by IamSoProlific: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
Laurene:
oga you can't compare American music with British music. if America accepts your music, you don blow

I wonder what your own definition of "blow" is.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Memphis357(m): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2019
finesounds01:
Beyoncé has sold 289+ million records, has 10 number 1s, 26 top 10s, grossed over 1 BILLION on tour & 1 billion movie gross, 23 GRAMMYs, 24 VMAs, iconic performances, looks, videos AND she's been consistent for 22 years.

Beyoncé doesn't have shit to prove to anyone anymore.
Whitney Houston is better than Beyonce by faaaaaaaaar.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by chukzyfcbb: 12:38am On Jul 27, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Bro, I'm a dopehead not just a hip hop head.
WU might represent the rap culture and what it entails, but they lack hip hop relevancy.

Just so you know, are you aware that there are broad difference between rap and hip hop?

I drew my stance from those key factor. Make your findings in reference to those days music and never with what we have now, although nowadays music tends to still prevail seemingly
you can as well be a crack head for you to say wutag clan don't cut it in the rap game.

you deserve to be flogged!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nigeriagospel(m): 12:59am On Jul 27, 2019
Beverlyjean:
nice judgement, entertainment it's more of hyping than any other thing.
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by omohlexy: 1:01am On Jul 27, 2019
Yen yen yen yen! She tought she was smart by featuring Naija artist just because she realised that Africa is now the largest market in terms of music. She wanted to us our head but her small brain didn't tell her that we only buy our own these days . Why won't UK be angry when we have stopped buying their poo. Only the Brown skin title will annoy them cos of their piggish pigmentation. We don wise
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Kingkun69(m): 4:32am On Jul 27, 2019
nonye6194:

Isn't it obvious that the UK dont fancy Beyonce music ?

The album isnt doing well

Her previous shows hasn't either.

Previous albums dont really do that well.

But it's the same for someone as Elton John who is British. You don't expect his album to chart in the US as it would in the Great Britain
ehhhhhhhnnnnn Beyoncé does not Kini dont say that Ooo no try am it's a MOVIE album no matter what won't chart like that and how can you say UK doesn't favour Beyonce Ehn somebody that if she vex will sell out stadium right now if she wants in UK pls Ooo this album was just slight miss but Beyonce is still queen no try am even what you said of Elton John is not true because old town road is top in UK
Khalid is there
Billie ellish
Post Malone and young thug
Ariana Grande
Camilla cabello and cardi b
Haba you can't say they don't fancy other music that's not true
You people seriously don't know what that woman Is capable of grin

1 Like

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Kingkun69(m): 4:36am On Jul 27, 2019
Beverlyjean:
they have started these ppl have started
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Kingkun69(m): 4:37am On Jul 27, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

you can as well be a crack head for you to say wutag clan don't cut it in the rap game.

you deserve to be flogged!
oga they aren't relevant again
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by DimIsaac10(m): 6:28am On Jul 27, 2019
ernieboy:
especially ASA and 2 face
Yes nau
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2019
babakb:
In fact i myself was disappointed when i heard the over hyped Brown Skin Girl, the album is a flop.

No track in the Album made the top 100 in the Billboard.......Wacko Album.

She ignored top artists around the world just to promote Nigeria and Blacks in general. And this is what you could say??
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by kullozone(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2019
Memphis357:

Whitney Houston is better than Beyonce by faaaaaaaaar.

Hehe!!!
No be only Whitney, na Whitilicious... You people now have the opportunity to be saying rubbish.

Whitney has the most boring songssmiley
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Boyooosa(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2019
finesounds01:
Beyoncé has sold 289+ million records, has 10 number 1s, 26 top 10s, grossed over 1 BILLION on tour & 1 billion movie gross, 23 GRAMMYs, 24 VMAs, iconic performances, looks, videos AND she's been consistent for 22 years.

Beyoncé doesn't have shit to prove to anyone anymore.
Kindly read this comment sent in by someone here again, may be u will find out where the real error came from partially.
Bro I believe your points here but i think the bother shouldn't be her achievements in life but MORE she also intends to achueve. If you ask her personally, she will tell you she is not happy with this outcome.

IamSoProlific:

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by kullozone(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Beyonce is not over hyped. Both of them got their right spots.
Vocally, you can't compare Riri to Bee, but Riri's got more dope songs though.
Las las... Bee na queen.
Azin real mami watersmiley
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by RealEzee(m): 8:24am On Jul 27, 2019
IamSoProlific:

J cole my guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Portable Reacts As Burna Boy Reveals Desire To Use His Picture As Album Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.