Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name (663 Views)

Please Help, How Can I Resolve This Query From CAC / New And Unused Printer LESERJET M130FW For Immediate Sales @ Affordable Price / Please Help How Do I Contact Quickteller Customer Care Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by zylkenny(m): 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ok. So I’m trying to register a new business on the car website and when I get to the section where I need to check for the availability of the chosen name, I select 3 names and submit. After a few days it came out as denied, as it is too similar to another registered name. I have tried this several times, each time paying 500 Naira, still no luck. Is there a way I can know if a particular name is available? As I am wasting money by paying all this 500 naira. Thanks all
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by onlinetomola(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
You have to be creative .... Stop using an English words and try to form your own word.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by zylkenny(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
onlinetomola:
You have to be creative .... Stop using an English words and try to form your own word.
I did. I’m just weary of having my suggestions denied again. Loosing 500 Naira at each attempt
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by onlinetomola(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
zylkenny:

I did. I’m just weary of having my suggestions denied again. Loosing 500 Naira at each attempt

Try one more time. Dont use just a word but try to combine two or more together. I do register for people and I dont usually try twice before a successful Process .
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by Redman44(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
What is the nature of your business, OP?

What is your favourite colour?

What animal do you like most?

Do you like flowers?

Do you love cities in Canada and England?

Who is your favourite author?

PM me with your answers and I will craft a solid business name for you. Thanks.

I'm waiting cool cool cool cool.
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by yesloaded: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
zylkenny:
Ok. So I’m trying to register a new business on the car website and when I get to the section where I need to check for the availability of the chosen name, I select 3 names and submit. After a few days it came out as denied, as it is too similar to another registered name. I have tried this several times, each time paying 500 Naira, still no luck. Is there a way I can know if a particular name is available? As I am wasting money by paying all this 500 naira. Thanks all
You have to be more creative sir
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by makavele: 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Are you aware you can actually check if a name has been taken before paying for it ?
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by zylkenny(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2019
makavele:
Are you aware you can actually check if a name has been taken before paying for it ?

Yes I am. The problem is with similar names. I check and it shows that the names have not been taken. However I get denied later saying it’s too similar to another name already registered
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by makavele: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2019
zylkenny:

Yes I am. The problem is with similar names. I check and it shows that the names have not been taken. However I get denied later saying it’s too similar to another name already registered

Of course, you cannot use something too similar e.g. FIRST BANK HOLDINGS will be denied . . even if it doesn't exist,
looks to similar to First Bank., you dig?
Be creative, a name is for identification ONLY and the success of a company
is not dependent on the name. e.g. 'THE BORING COMPANY" which is a very successful American company.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by twosquare(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
zylkenny:
how can you be losing N500 every time. Didn't you use the CAC search feature before going ahead to register?
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by zylkenny(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2019
twosquare:
how can you be losing N500 every time. Didn't you use the CAC search feature before going ahead to register?

When u search it says the name is available and u pay the N500. Then it goes for scrutiny. After sometime it gets disapproved citing to closeness to another name. The challenge here is that I need to get a name that is both available and not similar to any other
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by twosquare(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2019
Like someone said above, you don't have to be using English words...a combination can do
zylkenny:

When u search it says the name is available and u pay the N500. Then it goes for scrutiny. After sometime it gets disapproved citing to closeness to another name. The challenge here is that I need to get a name that is both available and not similar to any other
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by yesloaded: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
zylkenny:

Let's assume the name you intend to use if ADEBARE BOLADALE COMPANY, you can tweak it this way ABOC Ventures or ABOC International. I picked First Alphabet from first word (A from ADEBARE), 2 Alphabets from second word(BO from BOLADALE) and 1 Alphabet from third word (C from Company) that makes up the full business name I intend to use.

That way you save yourself from stress

I got my business name registration approved & registration completed in a day.
Re: Pls Help; How To Find And Unused Business Name by zylkenny(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2019
Yet another denial. Another N500 gone. I have used several names such as khasco, khascco, kisco, kissco, kasco, all denied. Maybe they just want me to choose a completely different set of letters. Yet again, how can I tell if they won’t be denied again?

(1) (Reply)

Ayade: Cross River Noodles Factory Commences Production Soon / GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.