Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? (25410 Views)

Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Deaf Prosphen Okiemute Dumi Makes Second Class Upper In Law University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
ipobarethieves:
sad sad sad sad DNT KILL YOURSELF COS OF 2.1.The reality go show on ur face afta u graduate, go service and waka up/do2n while the sole of ur shoe bend.Those with 1st class are still struggling outside. Wish u well

This is a big lie. I have seen graduates who studied Marketable courses with first class and 2.1 who were below 27 that got nice jobs. Fine, it may not come immediately they finish NYSC but it will surely come if they do not relent.
My friend is a living witness, she graduated with a 3.60CGPA from UniAbuja and finished NYSC in 2016. She couldn't get a job till July last year which was a teller contract job at Wema bank. Fast forward to January this year, she attended Wema purple Academy training school, with her confirmation on the way in three months (November) if she can source for 3M target in deposit .
Her entry level monthly will be around 172k with 280k leave bonus yearly. And all these while she was at home attending interviews and tests, she was steadily collecting #30k Npower money.
So please don't say what you don't know.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by QuantumR: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
Kola5281:
Hi guru in the house, I currently having a C.G.P.A of 3.10. I'm in my last semeste,though they've not released our first semester result. is it possible for me to still finish with 2.1
NO. U need an increase of 0.4 which is not feasible
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:
I finished year one with a cgpa of 2.50
They just released the results of two courses for 200L first semester and I had F, (3 credit load each) it is very painful because I read my books.

Anyway I want to ask if it's still possible to graduate with a good 2.1

I study physics by the way.
3 credit Unit courses wey u knack F?
omo mission abort, focus on how to get 2:2 cos me sef wey dey on 3.90 GP I still dey Battle make I no fall enter 2:2.
but there's hope in ur 300 level tho cos that's where ur cgpa really weighs.
but what's distracting u?
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
Enoch07:
my dear 2.2 is ur portion, because there is no guarantee u won't F at least one more course again b4 u graduate. so on behalf of d 2.2 graduates in Nigeria I welcome u to our fold
even that 2:2 sef is still graceful for him.
if he no take time na third class e go get if he no siddon one place read

1 Like

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
lorenzos1:

Guy, it might still be possible u still have about 5 semesters to go... But u would need to sacrifice. I was in a similar situation while in Uni a long time ago, I made the decision and I ended up with a 2.1 and that 2.1 took me out of poverty.
Firstly u need to calculate the minimum GP u have to make each semester to make the 2.1.
Then have a written plan.
U might need to change your social circle start walking with d First Class students and follow their ways.
Think of it as a chance to better your life.
can u explain the bolded quote?
how did 2:1 take u out of poverty?

2 Likes

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
Stargurl20:
I love ur response
keep loving his response. if he no siddon one place read na third class he go get

2 Likes

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by creatorsverse(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:
They just released the results of two courses for 200L first semester and I had F, (3 credit load each) it is very painful because I read my books.

I'll give u this one advice and u better use it well
1.. Study everyday and apply dem on ur daily activities so as not to forget.... The internet and journals will be helpful and not social media, always put references of the lecturers in ur department when writing ur exams dey always love to see that for example the question is define physics? Ur answer should be according to prof( the lecturer's name) physics is defined as ............. And lastly go into exam hall with pencils so as to give a little sketch of the answer u are explaining as it applys to physics and don't forget examples too

Thank me when u graduate with a CGPA of 3.63

1 Like

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by obinnawhyte(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
namiji2598:
My brother the real truth is that u cannot make 2.1, even Ur 2.2 will be weak, thats less than 3.0

I studied chemistry bro

All these guys telling u that u can do it might be all these accounting, business admin, and sociology students.
Studying a science course differ from an social science course, when the level keep on getting to the top that's when u will know the course u ar studying, when u reach 300L no body will give u an A in IT and the courses at that level are top notch, very very complicated topics

Let me give u a new goal: jus try and graduate with Ur mate

You're so wrong, by the way what's special or difficult about chemistry?

I studied Geology/Geophysics and if really you know what studying abstract course is then you'll understand what it means studying this course yet I had same challenge but at the end I made it with a 3.56cgpa (upper division)

It only require some hard work and sacrifices. Also I don't what your school or department is like because I have seen some lecturers envious of their students and grades, so sometimes intentionally do shit with their results.

Be it as it may, it's very possible with determination, focus, hard work and sacrifices for God only help those who help themselves.

I did some chemistry courses because we needed it for GEOCHEMISTRY. If you find yourself studying what you truly like I doubt you'll see it difficult unless you're doing a course not meant for you.
Imagine how awkward you be studying fine art when you can't draw even a cup let alone molding. No course is easy, it only takes passion and hardwork to make it easy.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
namiji2598:
My brother the real truth is that u cannot make 2.1, even Ur 2.2 will be weak, thats less than 3.0

I studied chemistry bro

All these guys telling u that u can do it might be all these accounting, business admin, and sociology students.
Studying a science course differ from an social science course, when the level keep on getting to the top that's when u will know the course u ar studying, when u reach 300L no body will give u an A in IT and the courses at that level are top notch, very very complicated topics

GBAM!
This sums it cool
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by namiji2598: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
obinnawhyte:

I studied Geology/Geophysics and if really you know what studying abstract course is then you'll understand what it means studying this course yet I had same challenge but at the end I made it with a 3.56cgpa (upper division)

It only require some hard work and sacrifices. Also I don't what your school or department is like because I have seen some lecturers envious of their students and grades, so sometimes intentionally do shit with their results.

Be it as it may, it's very possible with determination, focus, hard work and sacrifices for God only help those who help themselves.

I did some chemistry courses because we need it for GEOCHEMISTRY. If you find yourself studying what you truly like I doubt you'll see it difficult unless you're doing a course not meant for you.
Imagine how awkward you be studying fine art when you can't draw even a cup let alone molding. No course is easy, it only takes passion and hardwork to make it easy.
comparison between in geology and chemistry, am not included bro
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by obinnawhyte(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
namiji2598:

I studied chemistry bro

It only require some hard work and sacrifices. Also I don't know what your school or department is like because I have seen some lecturers envious of their students results and grades, so sometimes intentionally do shit with their results.

I did some chemistry courses because we needed it for GEOCHEMISTRY. If you find yourself studying what you truly like I doubt you'll see it difficult unless you're doing a course not meant for you.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by kingsmaila(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
its possible if you can maintain 400 to 4.25 through out the remaining semesters.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by InansBobo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
AbuMikey:

Yes, very possible.

But, you'll have to work super hard.

My Year One CGPA was 2.6, and I graduated with a 2:1, top 5 in the class.

PS: I lost most of my social life working for this.

I studied the Most Difficult course in the world, Architecture.
Architecture is not the most difficult course in the world
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
Vizzy4u:
Pls will Gst courses affect someone's cgp cos most of this gst guys no de give A's and B's for Arts students. Thanks in advance
lies oga go siddon read.
same GST wey give me A for all their 5 courses and na arts student I be
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by SpatialKing(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
Omega48:

now you are contradicting yourself, i wasnt saying being grounded in statistics would help u increase ur CGPA, y will i say that.....u told him to get skills, and u mentioned lots of statistical packages, now what i was saying was, u cant just tell someone to learn this softwares without being extensively grounded in statistics,because without it you ll just be on d surface, you decision making and drawing of inference will be bad, that's all i never said it will help u build GP
So you mean to be good in infographics or graphics design I need to be grounded in mathematics geometry....?
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by stamapro(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Very possible, I welcome you to the zone of 2.1 s, study smart and avoid social media more, e.g nairaland. Most advice n news hear is retrogressive in nature. All the best
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by CodeTemplar: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
InansBobo:
Elect/Elect or CE.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Rainbow219(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
It's possible but only in Himalaya

1 Like

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
lorenzos1:

Guy, it might still be possible u still have about 5 semesters to go... But u would need to sacrifice. I was in a similar situation while in Uni a long time ago, I made the decision and I ended up with a 2.1 and that 2.1 took me out of poverty.
Firstly u need to calculate the minimum GP u have to make each semester to make the 2.1.
Then have a written plan.
U might need to change your social circle start walking with d First Class students and follow their ways.
Think of it as a chance to better your life.
Exactly. You are right.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by AbuMikey(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
InansBobo:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314801/55-most-difficult-courses-study

I don't want to get into any argument.

I really don't care if it's the hardest or not, I was only trying to get the OP motivated.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by sanyahkod(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:

Let me encourage you. I started year one with a CGPA less than yours and graduated with 3.99 CGPA. It's all about you being determined.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by blingxx(m): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello nairalanders, my name is olawale sodiq a 300l Pol student adeneran ogunsanya University of education, pls I need help with my school fee all I need to complete it is just #6000.. Pls I don't mind any amount, our exams begin next week

Acct:0167802089 gtb.... Pls help a brother, my school is 25k and I already 19k
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Bbbwings: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Logobenz1:
physics?
Pray to even graduate in time grin
You think say secondary school physics and majoring in physics na the same thing? undecided
Your 7 years in uni don dey sure.ide!
See him mouth like 2.1 in physics

grin
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Heineken(m): 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
Enoch07:
my dear 2.2 is ur portion, because there is no guarantee u won't F at least one more course again b4 u graduate. so on behalf of d 2.2 graduates in Nigeria I welcome u to our fold
hahahahah. You wan carry people join body abi boss
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by rid4stat: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
You can still make 2.1 provided you put more effort and strife for As or make sure your second semester results yield first class.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by bukati1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
Register To Attend this amazing workshop.

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Pablonkor: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:

Note: they haven't released all our results yet.
It's just this 2cl courses that have been released.
And I know I won't fail d rest.
So I know there is still hope.
"I won't fail d rest...so I know there's still hope"

I love the spirit. But u see bro, if u truly believe in ursef as ur statement depicts, then u shouldn't have brought up this issue on a platform like Nairaland.

You know why? The responses you'll get here can even make u get a 'Pharaoh let people go' Certificate.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Andrewkinggg: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
2.2 and 2.1 does any of these two really matters?

Guys I need to hear what your opinion is.

Thank you.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Glare247(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:

Don't just read,be smart about it,I was like u years ago in d university ,my advice is,study past question of those subject,Nigerian lecturers are lazy,especially engineering,physics or any technical field,they like to repeat question,u can take like five years past question of d subject and study ,am sure u wount regret it.by d way I studied electrical,I got d scope in my 300l,and it worked for me,
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by QuantumR: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
creatorsverse:

I'll give u this one advice and u better use it well
1.. Study everyday and apply dem on ur daily activities so as not to forget.... The internet and journals will be helpful and not social media, always put references of the lecturers in ur department when writing ur exams dey always love to see that for example the question is define physics? Ur answer should be according to prof( the lecturer's name) physics is defined as ............. And lastly go into exam hall with pencils so as to give a little sketch of the answer u are explaining as it applys to physics and don't forget examples too

Thank me when u graduate with a CGPA of 3.63
Bro, nobody will ask u to define .......... in physics.. I read physics and i can categorically tell u dis.. Op should improved on its maths skills and be ready to reason like a psyco.... if not, that slim 2.5 will just slide and hang somehwere around 1.

1 Like

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by frozen70(f): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:

Anyway I want to ask if it's still possible to graduate with a good 2.1no

You might be reading and if you don't understand what you are reading, you might not pass your exams

Be more focused and committed, stay away fro social media, it's the major distraction for youths

Physics is not a nursery rhyme book it's us very early for you to change your course now

Forget about what people will say, tey are just observers
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by LINTUNE(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
namiji2598:

I studied chemistry bro

best comment so far, as an "electron" of I can relate sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Secondary Teacher Disappears With N2m WAEC Enrolment Fee In Edo / UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.