Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? (25316 Views)

Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Deaf Prosphen Okiemute Dumi Makes Second Class Upper In Law University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by sanmtiago(m): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
Swargu:

Ture, first year first semesters are always like that.

First you calculate the least gp you will have for the remaining 5 semesters that will stoll lead to 2.1

When you read and write exam don't write to pass, Aim for the A so if you fall las las na B or C, avoid C's they will do you no good. My case is worst.

If you do IT that semester you aim to hit the A with the full unit and the whole of 300level you will get Atleast a 4. Gp

The truth is that you need to make Atleast 4.0 every other semester till you grad.
bro please give me some hope. My 300l first semester was a total fiasco and I’m currently on IT which covers my second semester with a 15unit.my gp is currently 1.27 what is the chances of me boosting my gp with just that second semester 15unit to at least a 2.something ?? I’m so depressed cry
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by darkelf: 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
Enoch07:
my dear 2.2 is ur portion, because there is no guarantee u won't F at least one more course again b4 u graduate. so on behalf of d 2.2 graduates in Nigeria I welcome u to our fold

This is just plain rubbish even if you were trolling

angry
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Olammy76(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
namiji2598:
My brother the real truth is that u cannot make 2.1, even Ur 2.2 will be weak, thats less than 3.0

I studied chemistry bro

All these guys telling u that u can do it might be all these accounting, business admin, and sociology students.
Studying a science course differ from an social science course, when the level keep on getting to the top that's when u will know the course u ar studying, when u reach 300L no body will give u an A in IT and the courses at that level are top notch, very very complicated topics

Let me give u a new goal: jus try and graduate with Ur mate

You are so luck that u didn't mentioned economics because it's part of social science courses. Who then told you accounting is so cheap to that extent. Almost all non accounting students that are in social and management sciences feared the course.

You better look for a batter way to contribute to any discussion.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by darkelf: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
Guy, I'll be honest with you.

It'll be hard but doable.

Firstly, don't calculate any needed GPA needed to grad with 2.1

Just aim to have all As in your courses henceforth. Whether its quantum physics, nuclear physics or even electromagnetic theory. Just aim to have As in all your courses.

The reason I'm saying this is if you aim for the sun, you may fall on the moon. Now, should you achieve As on all your courses, you will probably end up with a strong 2.1 or a first class.

Don't be discouraged by some comments here. Some grad with 2.2 and it'll make them feel better if you join their group.

Don't give up or give in.

You may need to change your reading style. Or even your friends and your reading environment.

Then, you can volunteer your services as a research assistant to a professor or any other lecturer. The reason I'm saying this is because it will .ake you learn the basic principles of physics better.

Change your friends and understudy the really brilliant ones. They don't have to be on physics dept per say maybe in math or chemistry. Just have a clear goal (All As) and map out your master plan.

Then, learn some computer and statistics tools so that you can learn basic calculations principles. This isn't a time to slack off.

It is well. See you at the top

2 Likes

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by tempest01(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
Undertaker001:
course of study?
and did you make any 4.5 and above before graduation?

Petroleum engineering.

Yes I did . In IT, 400, and 500
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Sirsleek123: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
My man pray for 2.2... that’s all I have to say.. physics no be pieces
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by InansBobo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
AbuMikey:

https://www.nairaland.com/5314801/55-most-difficult-courses-study

I don't want to get into any argument.

I really don't care if it's the hardest or not, I was only trying to get the OP motivated.
1. You didn't school in Harvard
2. The ranking is for Harvard and not the world. "Most Difficult Course in HAVARD"
3. I understand your point
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by neoG(f): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Tnx Oga. Na sister I be o cheesy
FIDELISFIDECENT:

God bless you, brother.

# learn a skill#

Business and skill runs our society today.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Enoch07: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
darkelf:

This is just plain rubbish even if you were trolling

angry
quiet there. 2.2 is d next best tin after 2.1, am a fucking living testimony
BTW am being paid monthly wit my 2.2 or did i sound like I was complaining. check well wit ur 2.1 u are jobless.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by vyke2008: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:
I finished year one with a cgpa of 2.50
They just released the results of two courses for 200L first semester and I had F, (3 credit load each) it is very painful because I read my books.

Anyway I want to ask if it's still possible to graduate with a good 2.1

I study physics by the way.

Of course, you can still make comfortable 2.1... it all depends on you. Gear up, brace up, let the failure be your driving force... trust me, you'd be amazed in the end. You should also learn how CGPA is calculated, that will help set a trajectory on the grades you possibly need for the remaining courses. Pls, don't forget to socialize, but know your limit and don't exceed it for anything in the world.

***which institution?

Good luck!

May God guide you.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by JubalKhiz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
brandon180:
They just released the results of two courses for 200L first semester and I had F, (3 credit load each) it is very painful because I read my books.

To be frank, if you keep getting F in 3 credit unit courses, even 2.2 sef you no go see...cos this is just year one ooo...
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Omega48: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
SpatialKing:

So you mean to be good in infographics or graphics design I need to be grounded in mathematics geometry....?
mehn, who are you self.... what is the relationship between mathematics or geometry as an aspect of maths got to do with graphics design....see, you just have to understand that people just pick up softwares and learn and just remain average with the usage of those softwares especially statistical packages like the many u mentioned.... if some one learns how to use autocard for example now, with out any core foundation in architecture or building, that person will just stay limited in that knowledge.... please hope u understand what i am saying because one cant pick up SPSS to learn n think without statistical knowledge u will be able to go above average in the usage of that software. you will be able to run certain analysis, but u cant perform some stuffs without good statistics knowledge, even the ones u would be able to perform u will lack certain interpretation of inferences from those software....i pray you understand me...
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by fineyemi(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
I ended my first year with cgpa of 3.97. Am presently in 200 Level. Am studying HRM. Do you think I can make 2.1?
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by AKAyomide(m): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Absolutely yes. You could make a 2¹ if only you'd more of Bs and Cs and try to avoid a grade like D and E because it brings down cgpa..

my level one and two cgpa was 3.05 with two carry over course I had when I was in year one second semester.. If you determine to graduate with 2¹, you need to do apart from bad friends and never allow anyone to copy your works,I meant, your assignment,test include examination.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by brandon180(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks guys for your encouragement.
I will be back to drop my testimony on how I finally made a 2.1.
And I will make reference to this thread.

#Peace

2 Likes

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by darkelf: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
Enoch07:

quiet there. 2.2 is d next best tin after 2.1, am a fucking living testimony
BTW am being paid monthly wit my 2.2 or did i sound like I was complaining. check well wit ur 2.1 u are jobless.

It still doesn't matter. Better to encourage than discourage or keep quiet yourself

Its better he strives for excellence so that it becomes a habit which would help him in life

But I guess we both have different opinions
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by pinkygurl(f): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lamasta:

Bro I finished my first year with 2.00 CGPA with 4 carryovers, second year with 2.56 or so but from my second semester second year the least GPA I had was 4.40 others was first class GPA till I graduated, I even had 5.0 twice and I studied Industrial Chemistry, involved in Students representative of my local government both national and local, was a top worker in my fellowship throughout my 5 years in the university both as a V.P, Secretary, AGS, Ag. President and also was the course rep of my program and an academic director of SCSN (Students Chemical Society of Nigeria) if I can still graduate with 3.80 CGPA Second class upper with all this put together my brother you don't have excuse to graduate less.
Note: am a lover of God and I don't joke with my spirituality while in school cos it helped me a lot.
Just drop this to encourage somebody out there who is about to give up academically, listen to me its not how you start that matters but how you finish.
I pray for you as Steve Farrar said in his Book finishing Strong, You will FINISH STRONG AND WELL IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
Shalom
grin
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by ipobarethieves: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

This is a big lie. I have seen graduates who studied Marketable courses with first class and 2.1 who were below 27 that got nice jobs. Fine, it may not come immediately they finish NYSC but it will surely come if they do not relent.
My friend is a living witness, she graduated with a 3.60CGPA from UniAbuja and finished NYSC in 2016. She couldn't get a job till July last year which was a teller contract job at Wema bank. Fast forward to January this year, she attended Wema purple Academy training school, with her confirmation on the way in three months (November) if she can source for 3M target in deposit .
Her entry level monthly will be around 172k with 280k leave bonus yearly. And all these while she was at home attending interviews and tests, she was steadily collecting #30k Npower money.
So please don't say what you don't know.
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by oluwatobi01(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
I won't talk much,lemme gv u the hint dt made me to have a strong 2.1(4.06/5.00 in biochemistry-AAUA)...Oya let's go

(1)Know wat you want,know ur self: virtually students in Nigerian public uni doesn't know demselves,dtz y u see dem reading a lot n still end up having 2:2 or third class...See,you shld knw ur self wella,ur strength, wen ur brain take tins maximally n ur mode of learning..

(2)Proper planning prevents poor performance:Wen I was in AAUA bf the beginning of every semester,I wrote the grades of courses reg n GP...I followed it squarely to the book...During tests and exams,I brought it out for motivation...Am always close to the target wrote...There was a semester dt I wrote 4.57 and I had 4.53..U see, gv d brain a target and u will b surprise hw it will bind to the receptor to elicit d physiological response

(3)Laylow from sch social life and social media:..One of the reasons while we can't compare our 1980's graduates to dis present ones z dt,we hv information at out finger tips so we tend to miss use it,imagine queuing in d cyber cafe just to download 5mb for a research work and now we have it at our finger tips,still we didn't gt sense
(4)Know ur lecturer: a smart 2:1 graduate,z d one dt knows his lecturers...See lemme tell u sometin,always sit at the front of the class,there's a biochemistry bond dt occur btw lecturers and stu dt sits at d front.. The chemistry z top notch..You will understand better during ur exams..Knowing ur lecturers allow u to predict wat will come out in exams,such stu will do very well even without a text book..Wen I was in sch,I used to gv AOC to my colleagues and z always 70% real..

(5)U see,ur lecture notes,handout and test books r written by doctorates,prof. So for u to understand,always make a summary of everytin in a simple,fair n comprehensible way without missing d key words...Don't just read buh read smartly...

(6)Show me ur friends package:Keep friends dt r top notch in class n ur gp will b on d high side....

(7) Finally,always remember d G-factor...Pray as if u v not read....Buh plz,don't let church activities to affect ur academics (read as if u v not prayed)..

U will achieve success....Bro,I blv in U...
Haa,I don talk too much ooo..Lemme retire to my bed..Cheers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by SpatialKing(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Omega48:

mehn, who are you self.... what is the relationship between mathematics or geometry as an aspect of maths got to do with graphics design....see, you just have to understand that people just pick up softwares and learn and just remain average with the usage of those softwares especially statistical packages like the many u mentioned.... if some one learns how to use autocard for example now, with out any core foundation in architecture or building, that person will just stay limited in that knowledge.... please hope u understand what i am saying because one cant pick up SPSS to learn n think without statistical knowledge u will be able to go above average in the usage of that software. you will be able to run certain analysis, but u cant perform some stuffs without good statistics knowledge, even the ones u would be able to perform u will lack certain interpretation of inferences from those software....i pray you understand me...
I would I understand when you aren't making any sense...
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
lies oga go siddon read.
same GST wey give me A for all their 5 courses and na arts student I be
grin maybe our schools re different. I'm suspecting dem over here at unijos. But u didnt answer my initial question na
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Lamasta(m): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
pinkygurl:

grin
pinkygurl abi you self dey struggle with your CGPA grin
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by ThefemaleKing: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
It’s very possible! Firstly, you need to believe in yourself that you can do it. Secondly, if you are great at physics then you can do it. Thirdly, you have to sacrifice your social life for a 2.1, read consistently and study past questions, always aim at a GPA of at least 4.0 in a semester and ensure you get it or more. Ensure ur test and assignment game is tight, those are what regular students over look and then want to work a miracle during exams. It ain’t gonna be easy because it is pure hard work!
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Omega48: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
SpatialKing:
I would I understand when you aren't making any sense...
lol... oya sorry...i give up on this explanations
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2019
Vizzy4u:
grin maybe our schools re different. I'm suspecting dem over here at unijos. But u didnt answer my initial question na
well GST courses are just 2 credit units but some schools like UNIBEN don't add it to CGPA.

1 Like

Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by nnahernest(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2019
I don't like replying here because of the discouragement one gets from this platform,young man,lets chat on WhatsApp let me counsel you.07039476669
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Get2: 3:32am On Sep 04, 2019
Please guys i have one semester left with current cgpa of 3.18, can I still graduate with 3.5. I need your advice
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by Olammy76(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Get2:
Please guys i have one semester left with current cgpa of 3.18, can I still graduate with 3.5. I need your advice
Sorry bro you can't make it with 3.5, but try to push your cgpa upward by putting efforts. Wish u d best in the future
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by PetersKID(m): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Pls will Gst courses affect someone's cgp cos most of this gst guys no de give A's and B's for Arts students. Thanks in advance

hello good day bro please don't be angry are you studying English?
Re: Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? by badboyTee(m): 12:42am On Oct 05, 2023
brandon180:

bro what your CGPA now no offense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechina Chimbusonma Nwadiuto Scores Nine A1s In 2023 WASSCE / I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused / Most Respected Courses In Nigerian Universities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.