Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. (1785 Views)

Xiaoyu: 14-Year-Old Chinese Boy Set To Be Tallest Teen In The World At 7.25 Feet / My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking / Soldier Gets Home After 8 Months To Meet His Wife 3-Months Pregnant For Her Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by crackclap: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
My 14-year-old daughter admitted to me that she’s three months pregnant. What should I do?
All I can do is tell you how I handled it when my 17 year old daughter told me she was pregnant. Rather, I told HER she was pregnant. She had left home several months earlier, not liking my rules, but I’d managed to cajole her home for dinner. I then bought her a pregnancy test and sent her into the bathroom. It didn’t take 5 minutes. It didn’t even take one minute. That stick turned pink so quickly she barely had time to pull up her pants.

She came out of the bathroom hyperventilating, ready to scream. I walked up to her, held both her hands, and told her, “You have 5 minutes to freak out. Scream, cry, punch something if you have to. But only 5 minutes. After you’re done freaking out, that baby will still be there and we’ll have to be adults and deal with it.”

And she did. She bawled in my arms for 5 minutes at what she saw was the end of her life. After her 5 minutes was up, I told her “Okay, that’s it. Now let’s figure this out. Us freaking out isn’t going to change you being pregnant. So, first question, what do YOU want to do?”

It was her choice. I can advise, and offer what experience I have, but I could NOT make that decision for her.

She chose to keep the baby. Okay, problem one solved. Now what?

We spent the night talking. She moved home, knowing I’d support her every step of the way. I was at every doctors appointment, every ultrasound. I helped her grow her self confidence again, so she could be an effective mother. I was in the room while my grandson was born. I helped raise him, so she could work and go to school.

That was almost 3 years ago. She JUST moved in with the father of her son, after they took a 2 year break to each get their lives together. Their son is a wonderfully smart and funny little man that gave me a ton of smiles. She moved out with full confidence that, if she ever needed anything, her mom is right behind her. She calls me her best friend.

Good luck to you and your daughter. It’s not the end … just a new beginning regardless of what she chooses.

Over to you.
No Judgement...

3 Likes

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Enoch07: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
just do d needful
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by NwaAmaikpe: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
shocked

Though you should be concerned about your shitty parenting, you should be happy.

Let's say you are 30years old now.
Going by the trend, if your 14year old daughter's child has a baby when she is 14years old and that baby has her own baby when she is 14 too and that baby has his own baby at 14 years,

You'd have seen your 5th generation by the time you are just 86years!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by myfan: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaIkpe, u don rush come here abi?
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by dingbang(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
Nice one. I just think parents aren't teaching their sons to put their penis in check.

2 Likes

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by crackclap: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks for that....
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by thesicilian: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
I know you won't like to hear this, but it shows how bad you are at parenting if a mere 14yr old is not only pregnant, but you couldn't detect it yourself for 3months until she told you. I wonder what you were busy doing.

1 Like

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by daewoorazer(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2019

“When you eat and leave crumbs on the table, you invite termites”

She saw there was no big deal when her elder sis messed herself up with unwanted pregnancy, she followed suit...

If you wanna be wise about it, if there is an 11yr Old in ur family, better tell her any pregnancy means total banishment and out her on pregnancy pills

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
thesicilian:
I know you won't like to hear this, but it shows how bad you are at parenting if a mere 14yr old is not only pregnant, but you couldn't detect it yourself for 3months until she told you. I wonder what you were busy doing.
The writeup says 17 years old
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by ErrandTeam: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
Take it easy with her
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by thesicilian: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The writeup says 17 years old
She is 14, from the title.
The write up is about a mother who had a similar issue with her 17yr old daughter trying to give her own advise. Birds of a feather flocking together I guess.
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by starbuck(f): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
Exactly what happened to me and mom took care of everything cry cry.... Even at death, I still owe her much...

I am so happy that she lived to see her grand kids from me

2 Likes

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by thesicilian: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
starbuck:
Exactly what happened to me and mom took care of everything cry cry.... Even at death, I still owe her much...

I am so happy that she lived to see her grand kids from me
At 14
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
thesicilian:

She is 14, from the title.
The write up is about a mother who had a similar issue with her 17yr old daughter trying to give her own advise. Birds of a feather flocking together I guess.
14 is very young. Good luck to them.
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by starbuck(f): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
thesicilian:

At 14

Aged 17 and 19
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Graduateacher(f): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
@14, I was in SS1, still hadn't dated anybody or even had a guy say he liked me, why? because my mum was vigilant right from the get go, and she had started teaching us what we needed to know about our sexuality, we wore decent clothes and looked like kids (as we should). But these days, we hear "uncle this and that" having access to kids, kids being sexualized with no rules and no knowledge given by their parents. It's a pity

2 Likes

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by chiefolododo(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You should be happy.

Going by the trend, if your 14year old daughter's child has a baby when she is 14years old and that baby has her own baby when she is 14 too and that baby has his own baby at 14 years,

Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by tunjilee003: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Though you should be concerned about your shitty parenting, you should be happy.

you go Sabi forecast bet9ja Weller..
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by drginger(f): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
The way I see teenage girls act and dress I get scared on how to handle my unborn daughters, parenting is getting hard, every time I see a mother with grown up decent girls I just begin to pray for same grace.
Teenage pregnancy or pregnancy our of wedlock is one very big problem depending on how you see it
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by royalads: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
If I'm in your shoes, I will collect the modaf*kas number that put her in that way. Call him up and ask him to come over for his own good for us to plan his burial before hand. Only exception is if he is not a day older than 14 himself.

But for real, I swear down I won't even know what to do.
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by 1Sharon(f): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
OP, does this story belong to you?
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Pidginwhisper: 12:32am On Jul 28, 2019
Hollywood Movies ehn! Life dey very simple for dem movies.

I'm not saying the story is fake, but i love Hollywood movies sha smiley
Re: My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. by Realhommie(m): 5:27am On Jul 28, 2019
Graduateacher:
@14, I was in SS1, still hadn't dated anybody or even had a guy say he liked me, why? because my mum was vigilant right from the get go, and she had started teaching us what we needed to know about our sexuality, we wore decent clothes and looked like kids (as we should). But these days, we hear "uncle this and that" having access to kids, kids being sexualized with no rules and no knowledge given by their parents. It's a pity
Same here. Times have changed now, a lot happening and kids living on the fast lane. But more worrisome is parents failing at parenting.

I grew up in the ghetto but my mum did a superb job, my only sister almost got married a virgin at 26, she's one of the most decent women i know. When parents fail you get stuff like this.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? / How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother / How Can Dis Taboo Be Handled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.