Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

How I Made #500k In 8 Months - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made #500k In 8 Months (3019 Views)

51 Businesses To Start With 100k-500k In Nigeria (2023 Updated) / How I And My Students Earned Over 500k In 5days With Cryptos / Which Lucrative Business Can I Start With 500k In This 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
This post is gonna be long..... Depending on when I decide to update..

Mind you this isn't about bragging but to inspire someone out there, that he/ shouldn't give up on life. If Life throws a brick at, you either make a stepping stones from it or you allow those stones become your tomb.

It was the month of June 2018.... Lost some money due to some bad business decision. I couldn't even pay the rent for my office space, neither could i afford to pay my office assistant.

I was left with just 10k in my account, and not knowing what else to do, or even how am going to pay the next house rent when it due.

With a wife and a kid to fend for, I was so depressed and get angry at any slight provocation (what do you expect from a broke and jobless husband and father).

My wife had to pay all our bills light, security, and other household expenses. I decided to make research online, and found out about mini importation, (am not asking you, neither am I advertising any eBook or digital courses here).

I started playing with dhgate, alibaba and some other sites. First I was skeptical, but after weighing my options (what do I have to lose if I lost my money) and thank God also I still have one valid prepaid visa card link to my PayPal account (to cut the story short).

I decided to place my first order on alibaba, guess the product I bought.....wristwatches. I didn't tell my wife what I wanted to do, so that If I lose my money they won't be any one i would start explaning to. I paid for few pieces of wrist watches + shipping =#5000.00

It was a very simple process for me as I simply jut follow some instructions, opted for paid shipping. Few week later, I got a call from the post office that I have a parcel to pickup.

With excitement I went to pickup my parcel and when I got home I was confidently telling my wife that I imported from China (me feeling like an importer now ooo).

I was still basking in the euphoria of how i am able to take the risk and import these items.... When my wife finally asked the question that made me speechless for few minutes...... How are you going sell them off? How do you get people to buy? (This woman sha do turn my raggea to blues).

I then remember the words of my dad... Any man that isn't ashame of working, will never be ashame of being a man.....

I thought of fast ways to dispose off these stuff fast, thank God for the internet. I have previously read about how to make money using your Facebook page, Instagram page and website..

I went through nairaland also and found some very helpful threads.

Straight away, with just 3k left in my account. I decided to make a gl0 subscription of 1k... That night heeen... Something must happen ooooo.
in my mind, I must sell this stuff sharply.

I created an account on jiji while I was still battling with a cacthy name to use for my watch business.....
3 days no order came through... The lord is my shepherd...... All things are working for my good...

I later decide on a name and created
A Facebook page @ignitewatches and
Instagram handle @ignitewatch

I paid for IG ads, and boooooooooomm..... The first call came through....... Abuja...., Lagos.. Benin.

I made a total of 25k selling off 5 pcs of those wristwatches... Yes 25k....... Isn't Good just a miracle working God?

See me as my confidence returned.

I decided to order 15k worth of watches this time around. Now I have already told some friends who told some friends that I had nice wristwatches. (Using my personal network of friends of friend)

Everyone in my neighborhood now know that import things from abroad as they refer to it.

A banker guy who works with Z***** bank, showed me a watch his colleague bought online and asked if I could get same type for him. I said he should send me the pics, when he did. I made some inquiry with my supplier and I got the price... Added my own price and everything was like 40k Tissot..

I was so scared, not knowing if bros will be comfortable with the price or not... That evening na so bros call me sha.. and ask...
How far? have you gotten the price?.
I said yes .... How much now?
I said bros na 40k, if the tin to expensive for you I fit get another one wey dey nice for 8k sha, you go like am wella.

Na so bros tell me to send account digit.... Like play
.. Phone beep... an it hasn't stopped beepi g since then ooo ���������

That was how I became a husband, father and a man once again....

I am presently supplying 6 boutiques in Lagos, I send watches to customers ivory coast, Cotonou. And I still sell high end watches to few individuals within Abuja/Lagos and PortHarcourt..

I now have registered retail business, a hair, beauty and accessories and a media company.

Thunder Fire Devil.....

Months down the line........I have #500k+ in my personal savings and my businesses are doing fine..

In life never you give up... I have seen guys with bright future who just had one misfortune and they are totally doomed. Some resorted to drinking that has made them become a mockery of them self.

When life hits you with A brick, make a stepping stone from it....
I now have my life back........

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by Yuceeluv(f): 12:22am On Jul 28, 2019
Thank God for you. Congrats.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 7:33am On Jul 28, 2019
Cont.......
My banker friend introduced me to some big boys, and bang....they wanted top designers watches.

In all, i have sold 40 pieces of tissot wrist watch.
10pcs Emporia Armani, 80pcs of skemei, 12pcs boss, 8 PCs of diesel, and over 100pcs of curren .

Oya ooooo...... This one is not for bragging oooo... Shebi na bible talk say make we no despise the days of humble beginnings. Me too don witness those days.

Am saying all these to make someone out there who has been battling to make their online business work and for those who just started out. Life doesn't work on a balance sheet. Don't get tired, sometimes the harder it gets, the closer you're to your dreams.

I will never ever quit on my dreams to work on someone else's dream..... At least not when I still have breath in me.

I may not be dangote, otedola, Linda ikeji, or even seun osewa. I may still not live in the best neighborhood or drive expensive cars. What matter is am building my business empire one day at a time. Fulfilling my dream of always wanting the freedom and flexibility to spend time with my family. Watching my little boy as he grows actually makes me more responsive as a father. Online hustle is the real bae.

I do waybill to any part of Nigeria.. You get your watches in a box, with tag and warranty card....
#ignitewatch #iamsellingwatch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by demola21(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
wow! this is very amazing and informative. Thanks boss for this, God bless you so much. I like your honesty and openess. Thanks for sharing this, you have opened my mind and the fact that you freely shared this without having anybody to drop number or join any WhatsApp group is simply amazing. Wow! this is very amazing and informative. Thanks boss for this, God bless you so much. I like your honesty and openess. Thanks for sharing this, you have opened my mind and the fact that you freely shared this without having anybody to drop number or join any WhatsApp group is simply amazing. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by Ade4all080(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations my guy, can you help with the process if I want to venture into similar biz or a tread to follow please?
ignitewatch:
Cont.......
My banker friend introduced me to some big boys, and bang....they wanted top designers watches.

10pcs Emporia Armani, 80pcs of skemei, 12pcs boss, 8 PCs of diesel, and over 100pcs of curren .

Oya ooooo...... This one is not for bragging oooo... Shebi na bible talk say make we no despise the days of humble beginnings. Me too don witness those days.

Am saying all these to make someone out there who has been battling to make their online business work and for those who just started out. Life doesn't work on a balance sheet. Don't get tired, sometimes the harder it gets, the closer you're to your dreams.

I will never ever quit on my dreams to work on someone else's dream..... At least not when I still have breath in me.

I may not be dangote, otedola, Linda ikeji, or even seun osewa. I may still not live in the best neighborhood or drive expensive cars. What matter is am building my business empire one day at a time. Fulfilling my dream of always wanting the freedom and flexibility to spend time with my family. Watching my little boy as he grows actually makes me more responsive as a father. Online hustle is the real bae.

I do waybill to any part of Nigeria.. You get your watches in a box, with tag and warranty card....

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by LKO(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
ignitewatch:
Cont.......

Very encouraging. May God prosper your business.
I intend doing same, but really do not know what to buy and sell. How about T shirt?
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2019
LKO:

Very encouraging. May God prosper your business.
I intend doing same, but really do not know what to buy and sell. How about T shirt?
It's all possible. If you're passionate about it.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2019
Ade4all080:
Congratulations my guy, can you help with the process if I want to venture into similar biz or a tread to follow please?

Always be glad to help.
Chat me up.

1 Like

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by buklarbest: 8:57am On Jul 31, 2019
ignitewatch:
Cont.......

Nice one, so happy for you. The biggest problem a man can have is not having money to cater for his family.

Pls I will like to be like you ,how can you put me through.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
My mobile is always available
buklarbest:

Nice one, so happy for you. The biggest problem a man can have is not having money to cater for his family.

Pls I will like to be like you ,how can you put me through.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Those interested in buying #10 pcs upward..
Kindly contact me for wholesale purchase
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2019
Over 170 WhatsApp messages of people who would like to start a watch business, after my initial post.

Am not claiming to be an expert or a guru. I am still a work in progress.. But over the years and from books I have read(I am a voracious reader), i know that making your first 1,000 000 .00 is the hardest. After that that you could just rinse and repeat the process and even make it better.

I decided to make make 1 000 000 by using the fastest route and within the shortest possible time....
What then did I do?

The power of network. You might have heard that your network determines your networth.... As my vision got bigger my circle of friends got smaller. What's the essence of having 19 broke friends, with you been the twentieth?

I needed only 200 persons to make me a million buck. How?
I sold to 200 people...........
@5k each
Do the math.....

I think it's better if I can help just 20 serious individuals who are ready to make a serious business....

Just 20 serious and highly motivated persons........

This is what you'll be getting.

⌚Direct wholesale deal.

⌚ marketing supports.

⌚ free watch package- branded nylons and online banner with your details.

⌚ 1 year warranty.

⌚ Weekly Stock alert of available watches

You avoid all the stress of searching/testing and trial and error. Am willing to take all these stress on your behalf.... You'll always have product available, and possible return of any damaged item..

Let's get down to business...
If you are messaging me kindly specify wholesale deal...
Just 20 serious individuals... That's what I can manage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2019
Still open
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by Amhappy(f): 1:47am On Aug 14, 2019
ignitewatch:
Still open

i'm interested

1 Like

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by buklarbest: 4:07am On Aug 14, 2019
ignitewatch:
My mobile is always available

Okay ,I will get in touch to you today

1 Like

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by 1stbest(m): 6:58am On Aug 14, 2019
How did you send those items to your customers when they buy from,

are you in Anambra or Lagos?

I wanted to start this online stuff, but i still don't know how,,,, like how to sell, who to sell(i am not in a busy environment ) . if customer buy via online how will i send it.

all this are holding me back.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2019
Amhappy:

i'm interested
Kindly send me a WhatsApp message
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2019
Am in Lagos

With the internet. You can even be in the desert and sell.
I advice you read
multiple streams of income
Multiple streams of internet income
One minute millionaire
Author: mark Victor Hansen & Robert G Allen.
It will really fire you up....

We have logistic/delivery company's who can pickup and deliver to your clients./customers...

Hope it helps

1stbest:
How did you send those items to your customers when they buy from,

are you in Anambra or Lagos?

I wanted to start this online stuff, but i still don't know how,,,, like how to sell, who to sell(i am not in a busy environment ) . if customer buy via online how will i send it.

all this are holding me back.

1 Like

Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by 1stbest(m): 12:48am On Aug 15, 2019
ignitewatch:
Am in Lagos

With the internet. You can even be in the desert and sell.
I advice you read
multiple streams of income
Multiple streams of internet income
One minute millionaire
Author: mark Victor Hansen & Robert G Allen.
It will really fire you up....

We have logistic/delivery company's who can pickup and deliver to your clients./customers...

Hope it helps

Yes thanks ,

I may start maybe next month, hope you will help me.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by hahn(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
@ignitewatch, nice thread. Very inspiring.

I can build a modern ecommerce website for your business so people can buy your products nation/worldwide.

WhatsApp @ 08092960741 if you are interested
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by gtech2sure: 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hello boss,

I saw your post this morning on nairaland about how you start importing wristwatches which got me inspired as you laid it down.

Please i need some questions to ask

1 How do you deliver to your customers here in Nigeria. Do you use a courier or you do the delivery by yourself?

2 Which China website is the best to buy goods as a beginner in importation business.

3 Can you recommend the shipping company you are using and like how many weeks will the goods land in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
1stbest:
Yes thanks ,

I may start maybe next month, hope you will help me.
Sure
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by fresh1993: 12:56am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
Just saw this now.. Sorry for late response. I lost my phone recently.

1. Delivery/courier companies.
Sometimes if the location isn't too distance from me I do it myself.

2. I started out with alibaba.... But as thing gets better, I have since moved to having watches been shipped from USA, India, Europe and Dubai. I still buy from China... and I still use alibaba and dhgate (due diligence is necessary)

3. I've made use of Tugrow, Judice cargo, mimilogistic. and some other ones.. The truth is you've to play around until you find the one that's perfect for you. *** the names of companies I listed here doesn't serve as an advert for any and I am not in any way affiliated with any. You should do your due diligence before and transaction with any company I mentioned here).

4. You've got to market and work like your life depends on it.......... Goodluck

gtech2sure:
Hello boss,

I saw your post this morning on nairaland about how you start importing wristwatches which got me inspired as you laid it down.

Please i need some questions to ask

1 How do you deliver to your customers here in Nigeria. Do you use a courier or you do the delivery by yourself?

2 Which China website is the best to buy goods as a beginner in importation business.

3 Can you recommend the shipping company you are using and like how many weeks will the goods land in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
I need 8 more individual ready to join, my wholesale team.

Check siggy for WhatsApp details
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 10:10am On Aug 28, 2019
4 more to go and we launch our wholesale team.
Get great watches at discounted price.

Return of faulty watches

Update of available stock and prices

Free branding materials

Sales support.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
Good afternoon
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by swaggzo(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
I would like to learn how you placed your first order.
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by karlxavier(m): 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
You can add me up as well. Thanks. 08096205231
Re: How I Made #500k In 8 Months by ignitewatch(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
karlxavier:
You can add me up as well. Thanks. 08096205231
hit me up on WhatsApp /2348184746109

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Business Online / How To Become An E-currency Exchanger / Heat Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.